Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Emperor Locke] Containing the Beast
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
[size=1]@Abysea[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 9[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 146[/u] [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=etched tusk] Both are an art/ lore day! Perfect opportunity to introduce our newest member. *** Sugar Meadow jerked her head to the edges of camp as shadows spilled down into the small dip in the ground their camp was hidden in. Her posture relaxed somewhat as she caught the now familiar scent of Death Clan dragons. Four dragons made their way into the makeshift camp and only spoke when they'd reached her. Their leader, Cerberus, looked down at her after a brief scan of the camp- his gaze lingering on Balkan where the young guardian now hid behind Sugar Meadow. "You seem to be growing in numbers on your own." "Hatchings aren't much help. This one doesn't talk and those Shadow fools went and had a nest without thinking of the consequences." She scoffed and gave a half glare towards the den where Mercury was watching over three of the hatchlings. She hadn't paid much attention but apparently one had already wandered off and Iraia had to go searching for it. "I wouldn't call that growing in numbers just yet." "Well Cyanide here will be joining your little... group." The tundra beside Cerberus flicked his tail in the direction of a nocturne. "She has nothing better to do for the clan and volunteered herself to help out if things with the emperor go awry." The green dragon nodded. "I haven't been around the clan long and this seemed like a good place to start pulling my weight." Sugar Meadow eyed Cyanide, not convinced the nocturne would be much help but knew she didn't have much of a choice. "Alright. The more claws the better around here." The nocturne glided closer and settled down next to her and the tundra quickly spoke once more. "Now that its settled then we'll leave you to your duties then." He was quick to start making his way back out of the 'camp' with the fierce looking black and red wildclaw guard following after him. Cerberus was slower, giving her a final nod of farewell before following after his second in command and flying off back to his camp further into the territory. "Lucifi said you'd have use of me... You do right?" Cyanide spoke quickly, almost as if she was afraid to ask. Sugar Meadow tore her gaze from the tundra's form. He [i]had[/i] seemed like the type to do this... dumping a possibly useless dragon on her with no reason to be loyal or knowledge on how to fight. Her voice was terse when she finally answered. "Like I said. Extra claws are always needed." "Great! I can help out with anything you need just tell me and I-" "Can you hunt?" She cut off the other female's rambling. "Due to a small problem one of the others hasn't been able to yet today." "S-sure. Of course I can!" Cyanide seemed caught off guard for a moment but quickly went back to her optimistic, friendly self. "Good. I'll show you around and then you can set off. Just don't go too far. This isn't officially clan territory so it hasn't been fully cleared of threats. If you see another dragon who doesn't belong to the group or any other threat report it back immediately." "You got it!" Sugar Meadow rolled her eyes once she started leading the tour and Cyanide couldn't see her. She prayed that mimic thing nocturnes did would kick in soon... or at the least she could seem more serious on the matter at hand. That chipper tone was already grating on her already thin nerves.
@Abysea
Day 9

RNG rolled 146

Pinkerton drop Etched Tusk

Both are an art/ lore day! Perfect opportunity to introduce our newest member.

Sugar Meadow jerked her head to the edges of camp as shadows spilled down into the small dip in the ground their camp was hidden in. Her posture relaxed somewhat as she caught the now familiar scent of Death Clan dragons. Four dragons made their way into the makeshift camp and only spoke when they'd reached her.

Their leader, Cerberus, looked down at her after a brief scan of the camp- his gaze lingering on Balkan where the young guardian now hid behind Sugar Meadow. "You seem to be growing in numbers on your own."

"Hatchings aren't much help. This one doesn't talk and those Shadow fools went and had a nest without thinking of the consequences." She scoffed and gave a half glare towards the den where Mercury was watching over three of the hatchlings. She hadn't paid much attention but apparently one had already wandered off and Iraia had to go searching for it. "I wouldn't call that growing in numbers just yet."

"Well Cyanide here will be joining your little... group." The tundra beside Cerberus flicked his tail in the direction of a nocturne. "She has nothing better to do for the clan and volunteered herself to help out if things with the emperor go awry."

The green dragon nodded. "I haven't been around the clan long and this seemed like a good place to start pulling my weight."

Sugar Meadow eyed Cyanide, not convinced the nocturne would be much help but knew she didn't have much of a choice. "Alright. The more claws the better around here."

The nocturne glided closer and settled down next to her and the tundra quickly spoke once more. "Now that its settled then we'll leave you to your duties then."

He was quick to start making his way back out of the 'camp' with the fierce looking black and red wildclaw guard following after him. Cerberus was slower, giving her a final nod of farewell before following after his second in command and flying off back to his camp further into the territory.

"Lucifi said you'd have use of me... You do right?" Cyanide spoke quickly, almost as if she was afraid to ask.

Sugar Meadow tore her gaze from the tundra's form. He had seemed like the type to do this... dumping a possibly useless dragon on her with no reason to be loyal or knowledge on how to fight. Her voice was terse when she finally answered. "Like I said. Extra claws are always needed."

"Great! I can help out with anything you need just tell me and I-"

"Can you hunt?" She cut off the other female's rambling. "Due to a small problem one of the others hasn't been able to yet today."

"S-sure. Of course I can!" Cyanide seemed caught off guard for a moment but quickly went back to her optimistic, friendly self.

"Good. I'll show you around and then you can set off. Just don't go too far. This isn't officially clan territory so it hasn't been fully cleared of threats. If you see another dragon who doesn't belong to the group or any other threat report it back immediately."

"You got it!"

Sugar Meadow rolled her eyes once she started leading the tour and Cyanide couldn't see her. She prayed that mimic thing nocturnes did would kick in soon... or at the least she could seem more serious on the matter at hand. That chipper tone was already grating on her already thin nerves.

3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
[size=1]@Abysea[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 10[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 17[/u] Time for some coli grinding! The amount of rounds rolled 34 [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=dustrunner meerkat] Which means 30-40 coli rounds. Since 34 is within those rounds I'll go to 34. So I switched out Mercury for Cyanide and went into the Woodland path with the team to level her up a bit. ... First battle first attack [i]crits[/i] our cheerful noc girl but she did manage to hang in there. I kept her in for 16 battles and got her level up to just past 4 before switching Mercury back in and heading into Scorched Forest. Mercury did lose 3 lives while I used him as the main healer for the team. [s]I'm bad at keeping healer's alive[/s] Iraia lost a life on battle 27 to a super effective plague magic attack. I guess they don't call that area a dragon killer for nothing. Though, while I managed to lose 4 lives in total for them I'm sure it would've been worse without the regeneration stone Mercury used. We did get Iraia and Sugar Meadow up to level 8 while Mercury is close behind them.
@Abysea
Day 10

RNG rolled 17

Time for some coli grinding!

The amount of rounds rolled 34

Pinkerton drop Dustrunner Meerkat

Which means 30-40 coli rounds. Since 34 is within those rounds I'll go to 34.

So I switched out Mercury for Cyanide and went into the Woodland path with the team to level her up a bit.

... First battle first attack crits our cheerful noc girl but she did manage to hang in there.

I kept her in for 16 battles and got her level up to just past 4 before switching Mercury back in and heading into Scorched Forest.

Mercury did lose 3 lives while I used him as the main healer for the team. I'm bad at keeping healer's alive

Iraia lost a life on battle 27 to a super effective plague magic attack.

I guess they don't call that area a dragon killer for nothing. Though, while I managed to lose 4 lives in total for them I'm sure it would've been worse without the regeneration stone Mercury used.

We did get Iraia and Sugar Meadow up to level 8 while Mercury is close behind them.
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
[size=1]@Abysea[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 11[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 139[/u] Art/ lore day! [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=ambush] However, we flipped heads so nothing happens. [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/62f437f6b72e90cec7b5fddc98ce3b3d/tumblr_pou99gly7O1y78bexo1_1280.jpg[/img] Here's a bust of Balkan since he grew up today.
@Abysea
Day 11

RNG rolled 139

Art/ lore day!

Pinkerton drop Ambush

However, we flipped heads so nothing happens.

tumblr_pou99gly7O1y78bexo1_1280.jpg

Here's a bust of Balkan since he grew up today.
[size=1]@Abysea[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 12[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 38[/u] The amount of rounds rolled was 35 First I took Celia, Thanis, and Zaer into the coli for 11 rounds. Celia lost 2 lives Then I switched in Balkan and Alenia while keeping Thanis in for another 11 rounds. Alenia lost 1 life Finally, I finished the rest of the battles off in the Scorched Forest with Sugar Meadow, Mercury, and Iraia Iraia lost 1 life Mercury lost 1 life Thanis is now level 4 Celia, Zaer, Alenia, and Balkan are now level 3 and Mercury is now level 8 The coli was pretty critical hit inclined today. Nearly every attack from my dragons and/ or the enemies was a crit. I'm hoping soon I can make 3 teams consisting of 2 physical fighters and a mage all around the same levels, which would give me some good leveled backups should I end up losing anyone. [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=gold steampunk gloves] Well no one is currently able to breed and while I have the option to buy a dragon from the AH, I don't think I'll be purchasing one since we have plenty of dragons at the moment.
@Abysea
Day 12

RNG rolled 38

The amount of rounds rolled was 35

First I took Celia, Thanis, and Zaer into the coli for 11 rounds.
Celia lost 2 lives

Then I switched in Balkan and Alenia while keeping Thanis in for another 11 rounds.
Alenia lost 1 life

Finally, I finished the rest of the battles off in the Scorched Forest with Sugar Meadow, Mercury, and Iraia
Iraia lost 1 life
Mercury lost 1 life

Thanis is now level 4
Celia, Zaer, Alenia, and Balkan are now level 3
and Mercury is now level 8

The coli was pretty critical hit inclined today. Nearly every attack from my dragons and/ or the enemies was a crit.
I'm hoping soon I can make 3 teams consisting of 2 physical fighters and a mage all around the same levels, which would give me some good leveled backups should I end up losing anyone.

Pinkerton drop Gold Steampunk Gloves

Well no one is currently able to breed and while I have the option to buy a dragon from the AH, I don't think I'll be purchasing one since we have plenty of dragons at the moment.

[size=1]@Abysea[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 13[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 30[/u] The amount of rounds rolled was 19 [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=canyon ruffage] Looks like RNG and Pinkerton are in agreement again. To the coli we go! I went into the Woodland path with Cyanide, Thanis, and Zaer. Cyanide leveled up to 5 and Zaer lost 1 life but leveled up to 4.
@Abysea
Day 13

RNG rolled 30

The amount of rounds rolled was 19

Pinkerton drop Canyon Ruffage

Looks like RNG and Pinkerton are in agreement again. To the coli we go!

I went into the Woodland path with Cyanide, Thanis, and Zaer.

Cyanide leveled up to 5 and Zaer lost 1 life but leveled up to 4.

[size=1]@Abysea[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 14[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 113[/u] Art/ Lore day Balkan, Thanis, and Zaer had been hunting further from their camp than usual. Food was harder to find in the heat of the day out in the barren iron rich, red desert so they'd decided to fly towards the border with Water. Afterwards their hunting and gathering had gone quite smoothly; Balkan and Thanis had caught plenty of fish and small creatures while Zaer had plenty of plants for both his potions and for food- Sugar Meadow would surely be proud of them again today. The trio was about to head back to camp when a glint caught Balkan's attention. He paused and turned back towards the waves, his eyes squinting at the gleam of sunlight reflecting off the surface. Had he imagined what he'd seen? The others hadn't noticed the mute guardian's pause and were still walking away while he continued to stare back at the waves. He'd almost decided it was just his imagination when a harsher wave crashed into the red sand and carried the thing closer and out of reach of most of the waves. Balkan dropped his prey and hurried back as he recognized the figure of a hatchling lying limply on the ground. Behind him the other two had finally noticed his disappearance and turned around to see what he was doing. When they were close enough to make out the hatchling's form Zaer quickened his pace. "Is it breathing?" Zaer questioned briskly as he set to work examining the small blue ridgeback. Balkan nodded uncertainly and watched on with Thanis by his side as their tundra companion set to work to get the water out of the pathetic looking hatchling's lungs. Finally, she began coughing and half opened her electric blue eyes. "She must've wandered off and gotten swept away by the ocean." Thanis commented. "...We should leave her here." Balkan growled lowly and Zaer shook his head and gave his brother a look that told the guardian not to argue. "No. We'll take her with us. Her parents probably think she's dead. Do you really want a hatchling's death on you consciousness?" "Sugar Meadow won't like this." "She might not like it but I won't abandon a helpless dragon to die out here." Zaer barred his canines slightly before motioning to Balkan. "Can you carry her and your prey?" Balkan nodded and gently picked up the hatchling in his teeth before placing her safely on his back between his wings. She was unconscious again but at least this time she seemed to be breathing clearly. Thanis stared for a few moments before shaking his head and leading them back to camp. "You'll be explaining this then." "That's fine by me." His brother shrugged before picking up his supplies and waiting for Balkan to gather his prey once more before following Thanis. [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=Silver filigree gauntlets] Again, can't breed. But since Pinkerton seems to be [i]insisting[/i] on another dragon. I'll purchase one from the AH. Here's the newest member of the group: Munia [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50474826] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/504749/50474826_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Abysea
Day 14

RNG rolled 113

Art/ Lore day

Balkan, Thanis, and Zaer had been hunting further from their camp than usual. Food was harder to find in the heat of the day out in the barren iron rich, red desert so they'd decided to fly towards the border with Water. Afterwards their hunting and gathering had gone quite smoothly; Balkan and Thanis had caught plenty of fish and small creatures while Zaer had plenty of plants for both his potions and for food- Sugar Meadow would surely be proud of them again today.

The trio was about to head back to camp when a glint caught Balkan's attention. He paused and turned back towards the waves, his eyes squinting at the gleam of sunlight reflecting off the surface. Had he imagined what he'd seen? The others hadn't noticed the mute guardian's pause and were still walking away while he continued to stare back at the waves. He'd almost decided it was just his imagination when a harsher wave crashed into the red sand and carried the thing closer and out of reach of most of the waves.

Balkan dropped his prey and hurried back as he recognized the figure of a hatchling lying limply on the ground. Behind him the other two had finally noticed his disappearance and turned around to see what he was doing. When they were close enough to make out the hatchling's form Zaer quickened his pace.

"Is it breathing?" Zaer questioned briskly as he set to work examining the small blue ridgeback.

Balkan nodded uncertainly and watched on with Thanis by his side as their tundra companion set to work to get the water out of the pathetic looking hatchling's lungs. Finally, she began coughing and half opened her electric blue eyes.

"She must've wandered off and gotten swept away by the ocean." Thanis commented. "...We should leave her here."

Balkan growled lowly and Zaer shook his head and gave his brother a look that told the guardian not to argue. "No. We'll take her with us. Her parents probably think she's dead. Do you really want a hatchling's death on you consciousness?"

"Sugar Meadow won't like this."

"She might not like it but I won't abandon a helpless dragon to die out here." Zaer barred his canines slightly before motioning to Balkan. "Can you carry her and your prey?"

Balkan nodded and gently picked up the hatchling in his teeth before placing her safely on his back between his wings. She was unconscious again but at least this time she seemed to be breathing clearly.

Thanis stared for a few moments before shaking his head and leading them back to camp. "You'll be explaining this then."

"That's fine by me." His brother shrugged before picking up his supplies and waiting for Balkan to gather his prey once more before following Thanis.

Pinkerton drop Silver Filigree Gauntlets

Again, can't breed. But since Pinkerton seems to be insisting on another dragon. I'll purchase one from the AH.

Here's the newest member of the group: Munia

50474826_350.png

[size=1]@Abysea[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 15[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 2[/u] A coli day. The amount of rounds rolled was 21 Thanis, Zaer, and Cyanide went to Woodland path. Thanis and Zaer are now level 5 while Cyanide is almost level 6. Sugar Meadow lost a life in Scorched Forest despite my best attempts but other than that there were no casualties! [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=red linen fabric scrap] Lore/ art day [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/a63e0ffb4810f90d39be617ca9fa3a44/tumblr_pp1qxn9zyr1y78bexo1_r1_1280.jpg[/img] Today is a landscape scene of the border between Plague and Water flight where they found Munia. I've never actually drawn detailed water before, especially not digitally, but I think it turned out nicely for a first go at it. It's fun to work on some landscapes too once in a while rather than just characters. :)
@Abysea
Day 15

RNG rolled 2

A coli day.

The amount of rounds rolled was 21

Thanis, Zaer, and Cyanide went to Woodland path. Thanis and Zaer are now level 5 while Cyanide is almost level 6.

Sugar Meadow lost a life in Scorched Forest despite my best attempts but other than that there were no casualties!

Pinkerton drop Red Linen Fabric Scrap

Lore/ art day

tumblr_pp1qxn9zyr1y78bexo1_r1_1280.jpg

Today is a landscape scene of the border between Plague and Water flight where they found Munia.
I've never actually drawn detailed water before, especially not digitally, but I think it turned out nicely for a first go at it. It's fun to work on some landscapes too once in a while rather than just characters. :)
[size=1]@Abysea[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 16[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 28[/u] A coli day. The amount of rounds rolled was 13 Pretty boring day in the Woodland Path. Thanis, Zaer, and Cyanide are nearly level 6 but haven't leveled up just yet. Good news is we don't lose any lives today. [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=Crocheted Tadhop Hat] and some more lore/ art *** It was a typical day of border patrol for the three dragons. Zaer's pack clinked as he walked occasionally with the potions inside while Cyanide glided on the breeze above peacefully. The only one acting strange was Thanis; the guardian hadn't spoken to his brother since returning with Munia the other day and was making sure Zaer knew not to catch up and speak to him. The poor tundra didn't understand why Thanis hated him so much for saving a half-drowned hatchling's life. Sure, the whimpering from the nesting den where she had slept with Alenia had disturbed everyone's sleep but was that not what any hatchling in a strange new place- after a traumatic experience no less- would do? [i]"He's just angry because Sugar Meadow let her stay... He'd been proven wrong and because I'm just a small tundra compared to him it stung his pride- I'm sure that's the reason."[/i] Zaer shook his head and looked at the ground. [i]"Once she's grown and can help perhaps he'll see she was worth saving. Not long ago we were hatchlings after all and he certainly still acts like one. She'll catch up in no time."[/i] A warning cry came from above and Cyanide swooped down closer. "Mirror pack!" Zaer instantly tensed and looked around, easily spotting the dust rising up from the dragons charging towards them. He began building his magic attack while Thanis charged towards them. Shrieks rose up from the savage trio of mirrors and The guardian roared back in defense before swatting one away with his clawed hand. Cyanide was quick to join in the brawl while Zaer attacked and kept them from regrouping at the edges of the skirmish. The green nocturned gave a cry of pain and crashed to the ground after a lucky hit felled her from the sky but he quickly contused her attacker before it could come in for the finishing strike. "Drink this." He pulled out a potion and gave it to her before running off to check Thanis where he was battling the other two mirrors. At his approach however, Thanis snarled at [i]him[/i]. "I've got this!" Zaer hesitated, watching his brother shake one mirror from his back while the other one stayed trapped under his claws. Teeth suddenly bit down hard into the back of his neck. His red mane helped lighten the attack but the claws that soon dug into him prevented Zaer from knocking the enemy off. The tundra fell to the ground and struggled to reach the mirror that was shredding his back and sides. A shadow flew by and he panted with relief as Cyanide flew over and pulled the mirror off. He got back to his feet and got a potion for himself, though it didn't quite help with the deeper wounds. "That's right, cowards! You better run!" Zaer turned his head to see Thanis mocking the two retreating, injured mirrors while the third one lay unmoving on the ground near the guardian. "Well, I'd say they won't be coming back soon." Cyanide smiled as she regrouped with them. The tundra tore his gaze off the dead mirror and his blood spattered brother. "...Yeah..." Thanis glared at the retreating forms. "Let's finish this patrol and report back." *** Thanis had needed a good fight after his frustrations with recent events but with the patrol done and the report given about the skirmish, he was glad to be able to rest. He glanced over at his brother as he limped over to the nesting den where Munia was listening to Alenia's story. [i]"All she's good for is staying in that den. What use is a blind dragon anyway? She isn't that strong- can't even watch hatchlings or for enemies."[/i] Thanis shook his head; his sister wouldn't last long if she wasn't cut out to live here. That was how Plague was. Perhaps she'd surprise me. Thanis' focus drew back from his thoughts as Munia stood up and ran over to Zaer. Already she was getting her strength back thanks to his herbs and care despite such short time. Disgust filled him at the flood of relief the ridgeback would be okay and warped into hatred as he continued watching Zaer and Munia play around in the iron rich sand. [i]"Of all the things it could've been... Why is she it!? She's so weak and made hunting even harder because she refuses to eat anything but fish!"[/i] The guardian looked out at the horizon. [i]"Why couldn't I have had something better? Worst charge ever..."[/i] Despite the harsh thoughts, he felt the instinctual urge to go over and make sure the growing hatchling was doing okay, see if she needed anything, or play with her like Zaer could. [i]Zaer[/i] was the reason he couldn't. Thanis wouldn't show his brother weakness! Zaer was always with her when he wasn't busy. A low growl rose deep in his chest and up his throat as his brother let the ridgeback play with his furry tail. [i]"I'll have to fix that."[/i]
@Abysea
Day 16

RNG rolled 28

A coli day.

The amount of rounds rolled was 13

Pretty boring day in the Woodland Path. Thanis, Zaer, and Cyanide are nearly level 6 but haven't leveled up just yet. Good news is we don't lose any lives today.

Pinkerton drop Crocheted Tadhop Hat

and some more lore/ art

It was a typical day of border patrol for the three dragons. Zaer's pack clinked as he walked occasionally with the potions inside while Cyanide glided on the breeze above peacefully. The only one acting strange was Thanis; the guardian hadn't spoken to his brother since returning with Munia the other day and was making sure Zaer knew not to catch up and speak to him.

The poor tundra didn't understand why Thanis hated him so much for saving a half-drowned hatchling's life. Sure, the whimpering from the nesting den where she had slept with Alenia had disturbed everyone's sleep but was that not what any hatchling in a strange new place- after a traumatic experience no less- would do?

"He's just angry because Sugar Meadow let her stay... He'd been proven wrong and because I'm just a small tundra compared to him it stung his pride- I'm sure that's the reason." Zaer shook his head and looked at the ground. "Once she's grown and can help perhaps he'll see she was worth saving. Not long ago we were hatchlings after all and he certainly still acts like one. She'll catch up in no time."

A warning cry came from above and Cyanide swooped down closer. "Mirror pack!"

Zaer instantly tensed and looked around, easily spotting the dust rising up from the dragons charging towards them. He began building his magic attack while Thanis charged towards them. Shrieks rose up from the savage trio of mirrors and The guardian roared back in defense before swatting one away with his clawed hand.

Cyanide was quick to join in the brawl while Zaer attacked and kept them from regrouping at the edges of the skirmish. The green nocturned gave a cry of pain and crashed to the ground after a lucky hit felled her from the sky but he quickly contused her attacker before it could come in for the finishing strike.

"Drink this." He pulled out a potion and gave it to her before running off to check Thanis where he was battling the other two mirrors.

At his approach however, Thanis snarled at him. "I've got this!"

Zaer hesitated, watching his brother shake one mirror from his back while the other one stayed trapped under his claws. Teeth suddenly bit down hard into the back of his neck. His red mane helped lighten the attack but the claws that soon dug into him prevented Zaer from knocking the enemy off.

The tundra fell to the ground and struggled to reach the mirror that was shredding his back and sides. A shadow flew by and he panted with relief as Cyanide flew over and pulled the mirror off. He got back to his feet and got a potion for himself, though it didn't quite help with the deeper wounds.

"That's right, cowards! You better run!" Zaer turned his head to see Thanis mocking the two retreating, injured mirrors while the third one lay unmoving on the ground near the guardian.

"Well, I'd say they won't be coming back soon." Cyanide smiled as she regrouped with them.

The tundra tore his gaze off the dead mirror and his blood spattered brother. "...Yeah..."

Thanis glared at the retreating forms. "Let's finish this patrol and report back."

Thanis had needed a good fight after his frustrations with recent events but with the patrol done and the report given about the skirmish, he was glad to be able to rest. He glanced over at his brother as he limped over to the nesting den where Munia was listening to Alenia's story.

"All she's good for is staying in that den. What use is a blind dragon anyway? She isn't that strong- can't even watch hatchlings or for enemies." Thanis shook his head; his sister wouldn't last long if she wasn't cut out to live here. That was how Plague was. Perhaps she'd surprise me.

Thanis' focus drew back from his thoughts as Munia stood up and ran over to Zaer. Already she was getting her strength back thanks to his herbs and care despite such short time. Disgust filled him at the flood of relief the ridgeback would be okay and warped into hatred as he continued watching Zaer and Munia play around in the iron rich sand.

"Of all the things it could've been... Why is she it!? She's so weak and made hunting even harder because she refuses to eat anything but fish!" The guardian looked out at the horizon. "Why couldn't I have had something better? Worst charge ever..."

Despite the harsh thoughts, he felt the instinctual urge to go over and make sure the growing hatchling was doing okay, see if she needed anything, or play with her like Zaer could. Zaer was the reason he couldn't. Thanis wouldn't show his brother weakness! Zaer was always with her when he wasn't busy.

A low growl rose deep in his chest and up his throat as his brother let the ridgeback play with his furry tail. "I'll have to fix that."

[size=1]@Abysea[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 17[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 68[/u] A new dragon The breed number rolled was 13 Looks like we'll be getting a bogsneak [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50288074] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/502881/50288074_350.png[/img] [/url] Megalodon here is our new bogsneak dragon [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=Stone fertility statue] Here's an image of the scene the lore ended on yesterday. [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/be18507bfed297d088985da82d5671ae/tumblr_pp5khu1i7d1y78bexo1_1280.jpg[/img]
@Abysea
Day 17

RNG rolled 68

A new dragon

The breed number rolled was 13

Looks like we'll be getting a bogsneak

50288074_350.png

Megalodon here is our new bogsneak dragon

Pinkerton drop Stone Fertility Statue

Here's an image of the scene the lore ended on yesterday.

tumblr_pp5khu1i7d1y78bexo1_1280.jpg

[size=1]@Abysea[/size] [center][b][size=6]Day 18[/size][/b][/center] [u]RNG rolled 50[/u] The amount of rounds rolled is 18 [u]Pinkerton drop[/u] [item=blue ring octopus] That's 40-50 coli rounds, which is what I'll go with over the RNG's 18 Thanis, Zaer, and Cyanide are now level 6 Balkan, Alenia, and Celia are now level 4 Sugar Meadow and Iraia are now level 9 Iraia lost 1 life Mercury lost 1 life [s]those darn cats man...[/s] Looks like our original trio will be moving to the Sandswept Delta soon!
@Abysea
Day 18

RNG rolled 50

The amount of rounds rolled is 18

Pinkerton drop Blue Ring Octopus

That's 40-50 coli rounds, which is what I'll go with over the RNG's 18

Thanis, Zaer, and Cyanide are now level 6

Balkan, Alenia, and Celia are now level 4

Sugar Meadow and Iraia are now level 9
Iraia lost 1 life
Mercury lost 1 life
those darn cats man...

Looks like our original trio will be moving to the Sandswept Delta soon!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18