Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Imperial Scroll Quest
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 51 52
I would also love getting added to the pinglist :D

I would also love getting added to the pinglist :D

underskrift-geo.png
[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/oummgrma2dntglw/earthtop.png[/img] [size=5][i]Progress update [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img][/center] Hello everyone, My predictions last month were correct; This update will be rather short, because, to be honest, I didn't do all that much this month. Apart from general boredom with this specific game, I've also been quite preoccupied IRL and playing other games instead. (Mostly Wizards Unite!) I hope next month I'll be in a better spot to focus more in playing. Apologies for the bare update this time around. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [size=4][i]Auction House Sales[/i][/center] [center][img]https://imgur.com/HCQAPls.png[/img][/center] This month I mostly sold those lilium flower petals needed for the new Gaoler gene, and bat wings for the hibernal den. I also sold the occasional apparel piece. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [size=4][i]Coliseum spotlight[/i][/center] I didn't get into the coliseum until the day before yesterday. And actually kind of surprising, I found only 2 special drops. [center][item=vial of hypnotic sight][item=Bubbly Bisque Locket][/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [size=4][i]Other activities[/i][/center] 0 other activities were done this month. But I did walk over 100km, so I guess that's worth something. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [size=4][i]Updated totals[/i][/center] On-hand currency: 6.7% (+ 1.5%) Hoard value: 9.8% (+/- 0.0%) Investments: 79.5.% (+/- 0.0%) Total: 96.0% (+ 1.5%) [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [size=4][i]Plans for next month(s)[/i][/center] Next month I'm afraid will be another rough month. I've finally convinced myself to quit my job (handed in my notice yesterday) and find luck elsewhere (a very hard decision as I feel as if I'm abandoning both my clients and my colleagues). I'll have to hand over my projects to my colleagues as thoroughly as I can this coming month. At the moment I'm getting more enjoyment out of other things (reading and playing WU), but I'll make sure to log in to do my dailies every day, and maybe some coliseum farming if I'm up for it. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [size=4][i]Question of the month[/i][/center] Since I've been having a bit of a rough patch, I've noticed I'm latching on really tightly to hobbies. So now I'm curious; what are your hobbies? [LIST] [*]I love lore-intensive franchises such as Harry Potter. My passion recently re-awakened thanks to the new Harry Potter Wizards Unite game. One day my dream is to write my own story. I have the basic idea already in my head and I can vividly imagine some of the (more dramatic) scenes. But yeah.. baby steps. [*]My brother also gave me a physical puzzle (I think they're called huzzle?) of symmetrical interlocking pieces that you'll need to unlock. [*]I really love drawing (although currently have the skills of a chameleon with a pencil taped to it's tail), so I bought an online course and a drawing tablet. Now I just need to find the time and energy to actually do it. [*]And finally I've started playing cello about 2 years ago. While I still sound like a dying cat most of the time, I do really love it, and am trying to learn some of the Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings soundtracks. (Not much progress thus far, ha!) [/LIST] What about you guys? That's it for now. Thank you all for your continued interest and support. <3 [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ed14j4hr5jhxspv/earthbottom.png[/img][/center] Pinglist @SariStar @Gusted @StarlitFire @ShadowSwirl @Skorpion @Cakeless @SolusPrime379 @Tiger33621 @Shrine @ladylilitu @LightningShatter @mayanaz @Alphaeon @Tufira @Inkbrush @Iceex @PixelSpiral @Neptunite @phandalin @Katargo @GlitterDCMarvel @Kiowa @depinvenom @Hainu @pulses @CelesteNova @Wianes @boi @Youmeanies @blitzhund @megalizardon4736 @Dandie @ShianneJanelle @Lunamore @inkandbone @Cyrx @Bumpsly @Naahva @AlbinoWerewolf @buythestars @PinesAwait @echolaliate @Zac @Cotera @Jaspernoir @SpiceCookie @BerryPop @aleksey @Sealterbloind @Drakeswing @techmess @FrostDragonRose @Aersolace @TrustRae @Utahraptor93 @Featherycats @TheClassCalico @Zaharawolfkin @Jinoga @Vauvenal @take2thesky @Sawvren @smolelf @Pleasant @icecreamdude26 @Arsenic33 @AstralDragons @huskies709 @cordifolium @xiEmber
earthtop.png
Progress update
earthmid.png

Hello everyone,

My predictions last month were correct; This update will be rather short, because, to be honest, I didn't do all that much this month. Apart from general boredom with this specific game, I've also been quite preoccupied IRL and playing other games instead. (Mostly Wizards Unite!)

I hope next month I'll be in a better spot to focus more in playing. Apologies for the bare update this time around.
earthmid.png
Auction House Sales
HCQAPls.png

This month I mostly sold those lilium flower petals needed for the new Gaoler gene, and bat wings for the hibernal den. I also sold the occasional apparel piece.
earthmid.png
Coliseum spotlight
I didn't get into the coliseum until the day before yesterday. And actually kind of surprising, I found only 2 special drops.
Vial of Hypnotic Sight Bubbly Bisque Locket

earthmid.png
Other activities

0 other activities were done this month. But I did walk over 100km, so I guess that's worth something.

earthmid.png
Updated totals

On-hand currency: 6.7% (+ 1.5%)
Hoard value: 9.8% (+/- 0.0%)
Investments: 79.5.% (+/- 0.0%)
Total: 96.0% (+ 1.5%)

earthmid.png
Plans for next month(s)

Next month I'm afraid will be another rough month. I've finally convinced myself to quit my job (handed in my notice yesterday) and find luck elsewhere (a very hard decision as I feel as if I'm abandoning both my clients and my colleagues). I'll have to hand over my projects to my colleagues as thoroughly as I can this coming month.

At the moment I'm getting more enjoyment out of other things (reading and playing WU), but I'll make sure to log in to do my dailies every day, and maybe some coliseum farming if I'm up for it.

earthmid.png
Question of the month
Since I've been having a bit of a rough patch, I've noticed I'm latching on really tightly to hobbies. So now I'm curious; what are your hobbies?
  • I love lore-intensive franchises such as Harry Potter. My passion recently re-awakened thanks to the new Harry Potter Wizards Unite game. One day my dream is to write my own story. I have the basic idea already in my head and I can vividly imagine some of the (more dramatic) scenes. But yeah.. baby steps.
  • My brother also gave me a physical puzzle (I think they're called huzzle?) of symmetrical interlocking pieces that you'll need to unlock.
  • I really love drawing (although currently have the skills of a chameleon with a pencil taped to it's tail), so I bought an online course and a drawing tablet. Now I just need to find the time and energy to actually do it.
  • And finally I've started playing cello about 2 years ago. While I still sound like a dying cat most of the time, I do really love it, and am trying to learn some of the Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings soundtracks. (Not much progress thus far, ha!)

What about you guys?

That's it for now. Thank you all for your continued interest and support. <3
earthbottom.png

Pinglist
@SariStar
@Gusted
@StarlitFire
@ShadowSwirl
@Skorpion
@Cakeless
@SolusPrime379
@Tiger33621
@Shrine
@ladylilitu
@LightningShatter
@mayanaz
@Alphaeon
@Tufira
@Inkbrush
@Iceex
@PixelSpiral
@Neptunite
@phandalin
@Katargo
@GlitterDCMarvel
@Kiowa
@depinvenom
@Hainu
@pulses
@CelesteNova
@Wianes
@boi
@Youmeanies
@blitzhund
@megalizardon4736
@Dandie
@ShianneJanelle
@Lunamore
@inkandbone
@Cyrx
@Bumpsly
@Naahva
@AlbinoWerewolf
@buythestars
@PinesAwait
@echolaliate
@Zac
@Cotera
@Jaspernoir
@SpiceCookie
@BerryPop
@aleksey
@Sealterbloind
@Drakeswing
@techmess
@FrostDragonRose
@Aersolace
@TrustRae
@Utahraptor93
@Featherycats
@TheClassCalico
@Zaharawolfkin
@Jinoga
@Vauvenal
@take2thesky
@Sawvren
@smolelf
@Pleasant
@icecreamdude26
@Arsenic33
@AstralDragons
@huskies709
@cordifolium
@xiEmber
ive been subscribed to this thread for months but i figures ill answer the question this time

-i love birds, they’re my favorite animals and im basically obsessed with them. i often go birdwatching, but it also helps that i live and intern near the water.

-i find geography very fun and relaxing and it was a fun challenge for me to learn all the countries and capitals. i also love sudoku.

-minecraft is just so. much. fun. it’s probably the main reason im not on here much anymore.

-i draw sometimes, and despite being pretty left-brained, i like writing, usually some screwed up topic like murder.

-i play the piano, i started when i was seven and i got more into it entering high school, mostly to compete with my friends lmao.
ive been subscribed to this thread for months but i figures ill answer the question this time

-i love birds, they’re my favorite animals and im basically obsessed with them. i often go birdwatching, but it also helps that i live and intern near the water.

-i find geography very fun and relaxing and it was a fun challenge for me to learn all the countries and capitals. i also love sudoku.

-minecraft is just so. much. fun. it’s probably the main reason im not on here much anymore.

-i draw sometimes, and despite being pretty left-brained, i like writing, usually some screwed up topic like murder.

-i play the piano, i started when i was seven and i got more into it entering high school, mostly to compete with my friends lmao.
divider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.pngdivider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.png
Woah 100km?!?! that's really impressive! :D

Can i ask you what your previous job was? c: (completely understandable if you want to keep it private) but yeah that's always a tough decision! I hope you find something that makes you happy C:

as for hobbies, i don't really have that many... I spend most of my freetime playing FR (lol) and drawing. But i also do enjoy going on snail hunts in my area c: (and petting my cats)
Woah 100km?!?! that's really impressive! :D

Can i ask you what your previous job was? c: (completely understandable if you want to keep it private) but yeah that's always a tough decision! I hope you find something that makes you happy C:

as for hobbies, i don't really have that many... I spend most of my freetime playing FR (lol) and drawing. But i also do enjoy going on snail hunts in my area c: (and petting my cats)
underskrift-geo.png
@/kiwis (not pinging you since you're subscribed) I love it when a lurker comes out of the shadows for a bit.

Do you have a favourite bird or one that really interests you? I remember when I was younger, when 'normal' kids would read a story before going to bed, I read a bird encyclopedia (I was a nerd right from the get-go.) I don't think I have a favourite per se, but I was always quite fascinated by the Shoebill Stork. It looks so ancient, like a living dinosaur.

What kind of music do you like to play on the piano? I considered piano too, instead of cello, but I have quite small hands*, and a cello is a lot easier to rent and to get into the house physically, than a piano. But, especially now that I want to learn to play this piece, I wonder if I shouldn't try piano as well..
*My hands turned out to be too small for a regular adult cello as well, so I had to get a special sized cello in the end ^^'

@cordifolium I was quite surprised about the 100k too! I got the achievement on my way home from the groceries just now.

I'm a business consultant at a firm that helps companies strategize and implement digitalisation and process optimisations. While I originally wanted to quit consultancy all together, as it's quite a taxing job (as one of my clients once aptly put it; 'as a consultant you'll die an early death'), I found a new consultancy job at a different firm that seems to take much better care of their employees. And at the moment that was my main concern; to get out of the place I'm working now. In a few years I hope to make the switch to coaching or a more personal form of consulting. While I really want to help out people and companies, I fear business consultancy in the end is too commercial for me.

Cats deserve all the pets. How many do you have? :D
@/kiwis (not pinging you since you're subscribed) I love it when a lurker comes out of the shadows for a bit.

Do you have a favourite bird or one that really interests you? I remember when I was younger, when 'normal' kids would read a story before going to bed, I read a bird encyclopedia (I was a nerd right from the get-go.) I don't think I have a favourite per se, but I was always quite fascinated by the Shoebill Stork. It looks so ancient, like a living dinosaur.

What kind of music do you like to play on the piano? I considered piano too, instead of cello, but I have quite small hands*, and a cello is a lot easier to rent and to get into the house physically, than a piano. But, especially now that I want to learn to play this piece, I wonder if I shouldn't try piano as well..
*My hands turned out to be too small for a regular adult cello as well, so I had to get a special sized cello in the end ^^'

@cordifolium I was quite surprised about the 100k too! I got the achievement on my way home from the groceries just now.

I'm a business consultant at a firm that helps companies strategize and implement digitalisation and process optimisations. While I originally wanted to quit consultancy all together, as it's quite a taxing job (as one of my clients once aptly put it; 'as a consultant you'll die an early death'), I found a new consultancy job at a different firm that seems to take much better care of their employees. And at the moment that was my main concern; to get out of the place I'm working now. In a few years I hope to make the switch to coaching or a more personal form of consulting. While I really want to help out people and companies, I fear business consultancy in the end is too commercial for me.

Cats deserve all the pets. How many do you have? :D
@Gaia

oh wow that sounds so adult-like lol xD But very cool in a way - to be good with computers and communication and all that :3
geez do people really say something like that to people in the field? I really hope the new place won't result in your early demise ._. I think that sounds like a good goal! :3 Before i could go to a therapist/psychologist, i was at a personal consultant for about 1 1/2 year - she was really friendly and helped me in a lot of ways! ^v^ i actually remember crying when i had to say goodbye to her x')

They really do! I love them oh so very much!! "Just" 2 :3 "Musse" (translates to "mouse-y" in english) who's an older gal of around 12 years and "Maske" who's about 10 years (translates to "mask"... my brother and I were very good at naming animals xD)
They're both outdoor cats who lives in our barn, so they're not always over there when i come looking for them. So i always make sure to pet them a lot when they're around :3
@Gaia

oh wow that sounds so adult-like lol xD But very cool in a way - to be good with computers and communication and all that :3
geez do people really say something like that to people in the field? I really hope the new place won't result in your early demise ._. I think that sounds like a good goal! :3 Before i could go to a therapist/psychologist, i was at a personal consultant for about 1 1/2 year - she was really friendly and helped me in a lot of ways! ^v^ i actually remember crying when i had to say goodbye to her x')

They really do! I love them oh so very much!! "Just" 2 :3 "Musse" (translates to "mouse-y" in english) who's an older gal of around 12 years and "Maske" who's about 10 years (translates to "mask"... my brother and I were very good at naming animals xD)
They're both outdoor cats who lives in our barn, so they're not always over there when i come looking for them. So i always make sure to pet them a lot when they're around :3
underskrift-geo.png
@Gaia Ooh hobbies... I keep fish [emoji=clownfish size=1] Mostly small nano tanks (5-20 gallons). And sometimes I draw, and I just spend hours talking about Oc's (not fr related though). And of course there's fr and other games, I like sinking money into here tbh. That and working seem to be all I do haha I do hope your new job is better to you
@Gaia
Ooh hobbies...
I keep fish Mostly small nano tanks (5-20 gallons).
And sometimes I draw, and I just spend hours talking about Oc's (not fr related though).
And of course there's fr and other games, I like sinking money into here tbh.
That and working seem to be all I do haha

I do hope your new job is better to you
6MxcIbY.gifkHQ8d.gifAq3yZ.gifTjDif.gif
Another lurker coming out of the woodwork! I write stories, draw, play videogames, reading, and watching youtube.

If you like lore-intensive things, may I suggest Dark Souls?... My heart and soul are totally not firmly attached to those video games

Writing! I've written a book and am halfway through a second one, and like... the most important part really is just starting. If you spend forever waiting for the right time, it'll never happen. However, that's just if you're putting it off for external reasons. If the story itself isn't ready, take your time; develop it and as you do so, build the enthusiasm that'll take you through the process. That's just my take, anyway, lol.

(Also, here's what I wish someone had told me when I first got my drawing tablet: USE PEN PRESSURE. 100% find whater setting, on paint tool SAI it's minimum pen size, set that to 0 or 50 or something depending the look you want. Also, a lot of softwares have stabilizers, you're going to want to use those. Also find the clipping group feature or whatever it's called on your program and use it for shading. Makes life easier. Personally I find sketching easier traditionally than on computer lol but it just takes some getting used to to be comfortable with it.)
(Unless I'm totally misinterpreting and by drawing tablet you mean a sketchbook or some other traditional media? lol idk)
Another lurker coming out of the woodwork! I write stories, draw, play videogames, reading, and watching youtube.

If you like lore-intensive things, may I suggest Dark Souls?... My heart and soul are totally not firmly attached to those video games

Writing! I've written a book and am halfway through a second one, and like... the most important part really is just starting. If you spend forever waiting for the right time, it'll never happen. However, that's just if you're putting it off for external reasons. If the story itself isn't ready, take your time; develop it and as you do so, build the enthusiasm that'll take you through the process. That's just my take, anyway, lol.

(Also, here's what I wish someone had told me when I first got my drawing tablet: USE PEN PRESSURE. 100% find whater setting, on paint tool SAI it's minimum pen size, set that to 0 or 50 or something depending the look you want. Also, a lot of softwares have stabilizers, you're going to want to use those. Also find the clipping group feature or whatever it's called on your program and use it for shading. Makes life easier. Personally I find sketching easier traditionally than on computer lol but it just takes some getting used to to be comfortable with it.)
(Unless I'm totally misinterpreting and by drawing tablet you mean a sketchbook or some other traditional media? lol idk)
@Ambercat12 Thank you for the tips!

I think I've seen Dark Souls laying around quite a bit in the store, but never bought it. Once/if we get our PS4 hooked up again, I'll definitely look into it!

Regarding drawing, it is a bit of both I guess. 1. I don't feel I have enough time or the right headspace to focus on it. Which is something I've been trying to ignore lately, by just opening the Word document and writing things. 2. I feel it's not ready yet. Ofcourse as artists, it never bodes well to compare, but I can't help but thinking my story isn't close to fleshed out enough when reading stories like Lord of the Rings or A Song of Ice and Fire. But then again, those stories have been years in the making. And it doesn't really work trying to figure everything out in your head without writing a single piece down.

I think that's what also inspired me to start drawing more seriously. I somehow feel that if I can put the fleeting images I have in my head onto paper in visuals, it might help me to put into words what I'm trying to say.. If you get my drift. I'm a rather visual person, so sometimes I have an image in my mind and if it isn't crystal clear I can't really describe it well either.

And thanks for the tips on the tablet; you definitely interpreted it correctly! I've been watching some videos on paint tools that were given together with the tablet, and while I am not at all fluent in all the shortcuts and already forgot half of the features, it does help to know a bit about how it all works. I'm not even close to shadowing or anything. At the moment my course is focusing on composition, poses, proportions, rough shapes etc. I've never really gone beyond a rough sketch. But once I do reach that point, it's good to know stuff like this. :D

@smolelf What kinds of fish do you have? It's fun to see so many people on this site drawing. It inspires me to keep trying too :)

@cordifolium He used to be a consultant, and stopped doing it after a while because it was so taxing. So I guess it was a sort of warning to tell me to stop before it's too late.

I love it; a cat named Mouse :P Will you also give them a pet from me when you see them next time? :)
@Ambercat12 Thank you for the tips!

I think I've seen Dark Souls laying around quite a bit in the store, but never bought it. Once/if we get our PS4 hooked up again, I'll definitely look into it!

Regarding drawing, it is a bit of both I guess. 1. I don't feel I have enough time or the right headspace to focus on it. Which is something I've been trying to ignore lately, by just opening the Word document and writing things. 2. I feel it's not ready yet. Ofcourse as artists, it never bodes well to compare, but I can't help but thinking my story isn't close to fleshed out enough when reading stories like Lord of the Rings or A Song of Ice and Fire. But then again, those stories have been years in the making. And it doesn't really work trying to figure everything out in your head without writing a single piece down.

I think that's what also inspired me to start drawing more seriously. I somehow feel that if I can put the fleeting images I have in my head onto paper in visuals, it might help me to put into words what I'm trying to say.. If you get my drift. I'm a rather visual person, so sometimes I have an image in my mind and if it isn't crystal clear I can't really describe it well either.

And thanks for the tips on the tablet; you definitely interpreted it correctly! I've been watching some videos on paint tools that were given together with the tablet, and while I am not at all fluent in all the shortcuts and already forgot half of the features, it does help to know a bit about how it all works. I'm not even close to shadowing or anything. At the moment my course is focusing on composition, poses, proportions, rough shapes etc. I've never really gone beyond a rough sketch. But once I do reach that point, it's good to know stuff like this. :D

@smolelf What kinds of fish do you have? It's fun to see so many people on this site drawing. It inspires me to keep trying too :)

@cordifolium He used to be a consultant, and stopped doing it after a while because it was so taxing. So I guess it was a sort of warning to tell me to stop before it's too late.

I love it; a cat named Mouse :P Will you also give them a pet from me when you see them next time? :)
@Gaia Well, I started with bettas, cliché but I love the pretty babes, but my current favorites are freshwater gobies and nano rasboras. The smaller the better. If it gets lost in a cup it's about the perfect size. (Less than .5 inch are what I go after, though most of my fish are 1" or so). Least killifish happen to be native to my area so I'm going to see if I can get a colony of them, although, it would take a few generations before I would be able to add them to my main tanks, as adding wild fish to domestic is a no no. I collect odd and uncommon species like I do dragons.[emoji=spiral happy size=1]
@Gaia
Well, I started with bettas, cliché but I love the pretty babes, but my current favorites are freshwater gobies and nano rasboras. The smaller the better. If it gets lost in a cup it's about the perfect size. (Less than .5 inch are what I go after, though most of my fish are 1" or so). Least killifish happen to be native to my area so I'm going to see if I can get a colony of them, although, it would take a few generations before I would be able to add them to my main tanks, as adding wild fish to domestic is a no no. I collect odd and uncommon species like I do dragons.
6MxcIbY.gifkHQ8d.gifAq3yZ.gifTjDif.gif
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 51 52