Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Imperial Scroll Quest
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
@Gaia
i've just returned from a hiatus, so it was extra exciting to see this in my notifs! i just love seeing how much bank an older player like you can pull in :p

As for the question, I'm loving the new Mahjong game! I'm still playing G&G to max the fairgrounds for the most part, since, as you mentioned, the time played/payout ratio is incomparable, but it's certainly a nice change of pace for when G&G gets too monotonous.

also, i'm changing my un from aleksey to vassily, if you could update it, please!
@Gaia
i've just returned from a hiatus, so it was extra exciting to see this in my notifs! i just love seeing how much bank an older player like you can pull in :p

As for the question, I'm loving the new Mahjong game! I'm still playing G&G to max the fairgrounds for the most part, since, as you mentioned, the time played/payout ratio is incomparable, but it's certainly a nice change of pace for when G&G gets too monotonous.

also, i'm changing my un from aleksey to vassily, if you could update it, please!
z3ouQq5.gif i don't subscribe to threads - please ping me if you want me to see!
mick | they/them | 23
Hello o/
May I ask to be on the pinglist? :3
Hello o/
May I ask to be on the pinglist? :3
4oO1RBo.pngmiMK2JQ.pngtumblr_inline_ny7iucII7T1qmzhvw_540.pngRLWNWlr.png
@vassily Welcome back! I've updated the pinglist with your new UN. I hope that whatever kept you from FR went smoothly and/or was fun! :)

@Ilyriss Ofcourse, I've added you right away! ^^
@vassily Welcome back! I've updated the pinglist with your new UN. I hope that whatever kept you from FR went smoothly and/or was fun! :)

@Ilyriss Ofcourse, I've added you right away! ^^
[quote]But for now I am really enjoying Mahjong (compared the G&G being a necessarily evil to max out the lucky streak) I don't even mind that the payout is lower per time invested.[/quote] I agree! It's very fun, and I've been enjoying seeing if I can beat my previous high scores.
Quote:
But for now I am really enjoying Mahjong (compared the G&G being a necessarily evil to max out the lucky streak) I don't even mind that the payout is lower per time invested.

I agree! It's very fun, and I've been enjoying seeing if I can beat my previous high scores.
eimdef.gif
I've subbed, I must know how you go with this!

I thought about looking to buy one at one stage but that never came about :')
Good luck to you!!
I've subbed, I must know how you go with this!

I thought about looking to buy one at one stage but that never came about :')
Good luck to you!!
===
Veo99mO.gif
Join our Flight Rising Discord Server!
=== Buying
Nests (wip)
Cauldrons
Fodder Leveling
Breed Change: Imperial
=== Selling
Max Cauldron (wip)
Coli Grinding (wip)
something
something
I'd love to be added to your PL as well please :)
Thank you!
I'd love to be added to your PL as well please :)
Thank you!
50475342.png
* Derg4You (Free Lvl 10 Dragons + too many Raffles)
* Sales (Just another tab..)
* Mr. Moo's lazy simple Sales (oh gosh pls -.-)
* no rAgrets (How to make Cash/Survive G&G and more)

[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/oummgrma2dntglw/earthtop.png[/img] [size=5][i]Progress update [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img][/center] Hiya everybody, [s]I know I am a day early, but tomorrow I'll be starting a new project at a client, so I wanted to get this update out before I forget about it.[/s] Another month as flown by (seriously Time; slow down!). I'm slowly regaining my interest and energy for Flight Rising, so despite not having too big a profit (especially compared to the previous months) I still feel like October was a good month. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [size=4][i]Auction House Sales[/i][/center] [center][img]https://imgur.com/wrBeuTG.png[/img][/center] Since I was all out of eggs, the Auction House proceeds aren't very impressive. I managed to sell a few more Delicate Batwings before Galore's gift put a sudden end on that income stream ^^' I sold some random pieces of apparel that I've been trying to sell for ages, started selling some Baldwin materials (mostly grey slime and green ooze), and yesterday decided to withdraw a portion of food from my vault to sell as well. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [size=4][i]Coliseum spotlight[/i][/center] I hunted down the last new Boreal Wood familiar that I still needed and have now again a complete bestiary! [center][item=Unhatched Lightning Egg][item=Unhatched Earth Egg][item=nebula starsilk shawl][item=nebula starsilk socks][item=nebula starsilk wingdrapes][item=tin steampunk tail bauble][item=archer crate][item=black wolf crate][item=haunted crate][/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [size=4][i]Other activities[/i][/center] I guess it is a good sign when I go shopping again, and take home a new dragon. While it doesn't necessarily helps me on my quest, I would like to share with you our newest family member: Bamboo. He'll be joining Moonflower and the other male Tundras in the clan faction Band of Brothers. (Cheezy, I know!) [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=87&tab=dragon&did=54798291][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=256370&skin=0&apparel=288,743,744,716&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] I already breed-changed and gened him (only missing Opal currently) and dressed him in, what is basically the standard outfit for my entire lair; birdskull necklace and scars. Now, for things I did that are related to the quest; [LIST] [*]In the past months I've been reducing food at Baldwin's in hopes of getting Red Goo. Getting absolutely sick of my horrible luck, I decided to start reducing apparel instead. This took a huge chunk out of my hoard value, but hopefully will pay off in the future. [*]I also managed to get my act together and start playing the fairegrounds again daily for that extra treasure income. [*]I found an awesome dragon trainer, that is training a large chunk of the exalt fodder I've been breeding, but had no energy to train myself. While it does cut into my net profit, I should still get more profit from them compared to exalting them at lv1. [*]Finally, to my great (unhappy) surprise, Wildclaw Scrolls cycled back in two weeks ago. Did not expect, did not plan for that.. not happy. (See my avatar's face!) I debated on whether I should invest the ~200k gems I had on hand in even more Wildclaw Scrolls. But considering the fact that Dappervolk's last estimate was to launch before the end of the year, I'll be hardpressed to sell the ~300 scrolls I already have, let alone another 100! So I decided to not spend the money, and hope that the prices of WC scrolls will rise faster this time, and maybe DV's launch gets postponed a bit, so that I have more time to liquidate all the scrolls. [/LIST] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [size=4][i]Updated totals[/i][/center] On-hand currency: 28.1% (+ 1.0%) Hoard value: 9.8% (+/- 0.0%)* Investments: 79.5.% (+/- 0.0%) Total: 117.4% (+ 1.0%)** *Despite the fact that reducing all that apparel reduced my hoard value. Due to my laziness the past months, there were a lot of familiar drops I hadn't recorded yet that helped me break even this month. ** Taking into account the expected expenses for Dappervolk, I technically have 3.1% of the needed funds ^^' [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [size=4][i]Plans for next month(s)[/i][/center] I hope that the coming months I'll be able to actually grow the hoard again. Although that might be difficult considering how well my food is selling. I do feel that drive again, which was missing for so long. So, lot's of coliseum farming ahead of me. While I don't really want to yet, I might have to consider starting to sell Wildclaw Scrolls already. I'll need the pure gems for the trades with Dappervolk, so I might have to take a bit less profit than I expected (which should still add up to a nice chunk in the end!) I'll try to keep up my streak at the Fairegrounds, and will continue to reduce items at Baldwin's. (Come on, RNG, give me White Slime!) [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [size=4][i]Question of the month[/i][/center] A lore related question this time. As I just introduced [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=87&tab=dragon&did=54798291]Bamboo [/url]earlier, I was wondering, if your clan has a subfaction in it that lives separately from the rest of the clan? The group of male Tundras, that I've currently dubbed the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/87/458820/2?name=&type=undefined]Band of Brothers[/url], roam all over Sornieth to fight the Beastclan. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=87&tab=dragon&did=30766222]Moonflower[/url], the leader of the pack, had a bit of a bad run-in with them when he was younger, before he was taken in by the Gaia Clan. While the Gaia clan itself has very good and peaceful relationships the different Beastclan, many of them living on the premise of the clan. Moonflower, I guess is a bit traumatized, and can't handle their constant pressence. While he and his brothers are explicitely forbidden to attack any friendly Beastclan, they now roam Sortnieth to battle any non-friendlies they find, and perhaps rescue a few more orphans (Gen1s). So, what about your clan? Any subfactions, rivalries, different opinions or anything that causes them to live apart from one another? That's it for now. Thank you all for your continued interest and support. <3 [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ed14j4hr5jhxspv/earthbottom.png[/img][/center] Pinglist [size=1]@SariStar @Gusted @StarlitFire @ShadowSwirl @Skorpion @Cakeless @SolusPrime379 @Tiger33621 @Shrine @ladylilitu @LightningShatter @mayanaz @Alphaeon @Tufira @Inkbrush @Iceex @PixelSpiral @Neptunite @phandalin @Katargo @GlitterDCMarvel @Kiowa @depinvenom @Hainu @pulses @CelesteNova @Wianes @boi @Youmeanies @blitzhund @megalizardon4736 @Dandie @ShianneJanelle @Lunamore @inkandbone @Cyrx @Bumpsly @Naahva @AlbinoWerewolf @buythestars @PinesAwait @echolaliate @Zac @Cotera @Jaspernoir @SpiceCookie @BerryPop @aleksey @Sealterbloind @Drakeswing @techmess @FrostDragonRose @Aersolace @TrustRae @Utahraptor93 @Featherycats @TheClassCalico @Zaharawolfkin @Jinoga @Vauvenal @take2thesky @Sawvren @smolelf @Pleasant @icecreamdude26 @Arsenic33 @AstralDragons @huskies709 @cordifolium @xiEmber @ilios @MeKat @Ilyriss @beepboopitsme
earthtop.png
Progress update
earthmid.png

Hiya everybody,

I know I am a day early, but tomorrow I'll be starting a new project at a client, so I wanted to get this update out before I forget about it.

Another month as flown by (seriously Time; slow down!). I'm slowly regaining my interest and energy for Flight Rising, so despite not having too big a profit (especially compared to the previous months) I still feel like October was a good month.
earthmid.png
Auction House Sales
wrBeuTG.png

Since I was all out of eggs, the Auction House proceeds aren't very impressive. I managed to sell a few more Delicate Batwings before Galore's gift put a sudden end on that income stream ^^'
I sold some random pieces of apparel that I've been trying to sell for ages, started selling some Baldwin materials (mostly grey slime and green ooze), and yesterday decided to withdraw a portion of food from my vault to sell as well.
earthmid.png
Coliseum spotlight
I hunted down the last new Boreal Wood familiar that I still needed and have now again a complete bestiary!
Unhatched Lightning Egg Unhatched Earth Egg Nebula Starsilk Shawl Nebula Starsilk Socks Nebula Starsilk Wingdrapes Tin Steampunk Tail Bauble Archer Crate Black Wolf Crate Haunted Crate

earthmid.png
Other activities

I guess it is a good sign when I go shopping again, and take home a new dragon. While it doesn't necessarily helps me on my quest, I would like to share with you our newest family member: Bamboo. He'll be joining Moonflower and the other male Tundras in the clan faction Band of Brothers. (Cheezy, I know!)

scry?sdid=256370&skin=0&apparel=288,743,744,716&xt=dressing.png

I already breed-changed and gened him (only missing Opal currently) and dressed him in, what is basically the standard outfit for my entire lair; birdskull necklace and scars.

Now, for things I did that are related to the quest;
  • In the past months I've been reducing food at Baldwin's in hopes of getting Red Goo. Getting absolutely sick of my horrible luck, I decided to start reducing apparel instead. This took a huge chunk out of my hoard value, but hopefully will pay off in the future.
  • I also managed to get my act together and start playing the fairegrounds again daily for that extra treasure income.
  • I found an awesome dragon trainer, that is training a large chunk of the exalt fodder I've been breeding, but had no energy to train myself. While it does cut into my net profit, I should still get more profit from them compared to exalting them at lv1.
  • Finally, to my great (unhappy) surprise, Wildclaw Scrolls cycled back in two weeks ago. Did not expect, did not plan for that.. not happy. (See my avatar's face!) I debated on whether I should invest the ~200k gems I had on hand in even more Wildclaw Scrolls. But considering the fact that Dappervolk's last estimate was to launch before the end of the year, I'll be hardpressed to sell the ~300 scrolls I already have, let alone another 100! So I decided to not spend the money, and hope that the prices of WC scrolls will rise faster this time, and maybe DV's launch gets postponed a bit, so that I have more time to liquidate all the scrolls.

earthmid.png
Updated totals

On-hand currency: 28.1% (+ 1.0%)
Hoard value: 9.8% (+/- 0.0%)*
Investments: 79.5.% (+/- 0.0%)
Total: 117.4% (+ 1.0%)**

*Despite the fact that reducing all that apparel reduced my hoard value. Due to my laziness the past months, there were a lot of familiar drops I hadn't recorded yet that helped me break even this month.
** Taking into account the expected expenses for Dappervolk, I technically have 3.1% of the needed funds ^^'
earthmid.png
Plans for next month(s)

I hope that the coming months I'll be able to actually grow the hoard again. Although that might be difficult considering how well my food is selling. I do feel that drive again, which was missing for so long. So, lot's of coliseum farming ahead of me.

While I don't really want to yet, I might have to consider starting to sell Wildclaw Scrolls already. I'll need the pure gems for the trades with Dappervolk, so I might have to take a bit less profit than I expected (which should still add up to a nice chunk in the end!)

I'll try to keep up my streak at the Fairegrounds, and will continue to reduce items at Baldwin's. (Come on, RNG, give me White Slime!)
earthmid.png
Question of the month

A lore related question this time. As I just introduced Bamboo earlier, I was wondering, if your clan has a subfaction in it that lives separately from the rest of the clan?

The group of male Tundras, that I've currently dubbed the Band of Brothers, roam all over Sornieth to fight the Beastclan. Moonflower, the leader of the pack, had a bit of a bad run-in with them when he was younger, before he was taken in by the Gaia Clan. While the Gaia clan itself has very good and peaceful relationships the different Beastclan, many of them living on the premise of the clan.
Moonflower, I guess is a bit traumatized, and can't handle their constant pressence. While he and his brothers are explicitely forbidden to attack any friendly Beastclan, they now roam Sortnieth to battle any non-friendlies they find, and perhaps rescue a few more orphans (Gen1s).

So, what about your clan? Any subfactions, rivalries, different opinions or anything that causes them to live apart from one another?

That's it for now. Thank you all for your continued interest and support. <3
earthbottom.png

Pinglist
@SariStar
@Gusted
@StarlitFire
@ShadowSwirl
@Skorpion
@Cakeless
@SolusPrime379
@Tiger33621
@Shrine
@ladylilitu
@LightningShatter
@mayanaz
@Alphaeon
@Tufira
@Inkbrush
@Iceex
@PixelSpiral
@Neptunite
@phandalin
@Katargo
@GlitterDCMarvel
@Kiowa
@depinvenom
@Hainu
@pulses
@CelesteNova
@Wianes
@boi
@Youmeanies
@blitzhund
@megalizardon4736
@Dandie
@ShianneJanelle
@Lunamore
@inkandbone
@Cyrx
@Bumpsly
@Naahva
@AlbinoWerewolf
@buythestars
@PinesAwait
@echolaliate
@Zac
@Cotera
@Jaspernoir
@SpiceCookie
@BerryPop
@aleksey
@Sealterbloind
@Drakeswing
@techmess
@FrostDragonRose
@Aersolace
@TrustRae
@Utahraptor93
@Featherycats
@TheClassCalico
@Zaharawolfkin
@Jinoga
@Vauvenal
@take2thesky
@Sawvren
@smolelf
@Pleasant
@icecreamdude26
@Arsenic33
@AstralDragons
@huskies709
@cordifolium
@xiEmber
@ilios
@MeKat
@Ilyriss
@beepboopitsme
QOTM: My clan is basically entirely made up of subfactions; just because I have tons of different lore ideas taking place all over Sornieth.

My main clan in is Plague; consisting of my two progens and their children at the Rotrock Rim

Continuing on with Plague there's my mushroom seer, my mercenary and her knowledge hungry brother, my map painter, my alchemist crew and basically any of my dragons w/out lore are slotted in here by default

In Ice I have my researcher & my two mystics

Earth has my crystalcourt nobility, and currently a travelling dragon

Nature has all my nature dragons + my nature rep

The list continues but I have to go, so I'll stop there
QOTM: My clan is basically entirely made up of subfactions; just because I have tons of different lore ideas taking place all over Sornieth.

My main clan in is Plague; consisting of my two progens and their children at the Rotrock Rim

Continuing on with Plague there's my mushroom seer, my mercenary and her knowledge hungry brother, my map painter, my alchemist crew and basically any of my dragons w/out lore are slotted in here by default

In Ice I have my researcher & my two mystics

Earth has my crystalcourt nobility, and currently a travelling dragon

Nature has all my nature dragons + my nature rep

The list continues but I have to go, so I'll stop there
May i ask you why you need all those gems for Dappervolk? I know it's an upcomming game, but nothing more than that c:

And I'm happy to hear you're regaining your joy of FR :D

as for my clan: they're all one big family, so they all live together :3 but who knows what'll happen in the future? hah
May i ask you why you need all those gems for Dappervolk? I know it's an upcomming game, but nothing more than that c:

And I'm happy to hear you're regaining your joy of FR :D

as for my clan: they're all one big family, so they all live together :3 but who knows what'll happen in the future? hah
underskrift-geo.png
@cordifolium I missed out on the Kickstarter and the Alpha for Dappervolk. Similar to Flight Rising, with the Boolean (although that was for beta rather than alpha), the skycat, bone fiend, etc, Dappervolk has exclusive pets as rewards for testers and backers as well.

Because I'm a completionist, I'm afraid I won't be able to enjoy the game if I can't complete the pet diary (equivalent of FR's Bestiary). So I went and found people willing to sell their copies of exclusive pets and I'll be paying for them with Flight Rising gems.

They're pretty expensive, but since I am afraid prices will only rise further after the game's launch, I figured I'd better find sellers and buy them now, rather than wait until later. (If prices do end up falling after launch, you can bet I'll be kicking myself xD But let's not worry about that now. I'm doing it for my own enjoyment after all.)

It'll be a huge setback for this quest, and I'm sorry for all the people who've been watching me from the beginning, getting so close, only to see me blow all my money on something completely unrelated. But I am sure that with patience and effort I should be able to rebuild my savings to get those Imperial Scrolls in the end!

@huskies709 That's quite some factions! That must make for very interesting lore. What is it that ties them together, or are they actually completely unrelated to each other?
@cordifolium I missed out on the Kickstarter and the Alpha for Dappervolk. Similar to Flight Rising, with the Boolean (although that was for beta rather than alpha), the skycat, bone fiend, etc, Dappervolk has exclusive pets as rewards for testers and backers as well.

Because I'm a completionist, I'm afraid I won't be able to enjoy the game if I can't complete the pet diary (equivalent of FR's Bestiary). So I went and found people willing to sell their copies of exclusive pets and I'll be paying for them with Flight Rising gems.

They're pretty expensive, but since I am afraid prices will only rise further after the game's launch, I figured I'd better find sellers and buy them now, rather than wait until later. (If prices do end up falling after launch, you can bet I'll be kicking myself xD But let's not worry about that now. I'm doing it for my own enjoyment after all.)

It'll be a huge setback for this quest, and I'm sorry for all the people who've been watching me from the beginning, getting so close, only to see me blow all my money on something completely unrelated. But I am sure that with patience and effort I should be able to rebuild my savings to get those Imperial Scrolls in the end!

@huskies709 That's quite some factions! That must make for very interesting lore. What is it that ties them together, or are they actually completely unrelated to each other?
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52