Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Give a color and I'll give lore [FULL]
1 2 3 4
AKA: Kindryte has a book on victorian flower language and is bored. This becomes everyone else's problem

If you give me a random color and a random dragon, I’ll make you some random lore based on victorian flower language.I have a book with many flowers in it, and I’ll flip to a random page and then flip pages until I find a flower with the color you asked for, and make lore based off of the symbolism.

However, the book I have also shows when a flower is poisonous, and if the flower I find for you is, I can ‘invert’ the symbolism for you, giving you the opposite lore of what the flower symbolizes.

If this all sounds neat to you, please fill out the following form
Quote:
@Kindryte
I’d like some random flower lore please!

Color: [the color you want me to search for]
Dragon: [the dragon the lore is for]
Poison inversion: [yes or no. Basically do you want me to invert the symbolism when the flower is poisonous or not?]
Any additional notes: [IE. ‘this dragon is a healer’ or ‘Please don’t make them evil’]

Current slots
  • axo4242
  • ARandoPerso
  • inn
  • Chaosdragoness
  • Fallenleaves716
AKA: Kindryte has a book on victorian flower language and is bored. This becomes everyone else's problem

If you give me a random color and a random dragon, I’ll make you some random lore based on victorian flower language.I have a book with many flowers in it, and I’ll flip to a random page and then flip pages until I find a flower with the color you asked for, and make lore based off of the symbolism.

However, the book I have also shows when a flower is poisonous, and if the flower I find for you is, I can ‘invert’ the symbolism for you, giving you the opposite lore of what the flower symbolizes.

If this all sounds neat to you, please fill out the following form
Quote:
@Kindryte
I’d like some random flower lore please!

Color: [the color you want me to search for]
Dragon: [the dragon the lore is for]
Poison inversion: [yes or no. Basically do you want me to invert the symbolism when the flower is poisonous or not?]
Any additional notes: [IE. ‘this dragon is a healer’ or ‘Please don’t make them evil’]

Current slots
  • axo4242
  • ARandoPerso
  • inn
  • Chaosdragoness
  • Fallenleaves716
Free lore thread
35EJj0x.png
Kindryte
"Just here to collect silly little dragons in my silly little lair"
Imagine highlighting a forum signature.

Permas are both in my lair and hibden
White! I would love some lore for my clan leader! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82679866][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/826799/82679866_350.png[/img][/url]
White!
I would love some lore for my clan leader!

82679866_350.png
y0YshUu.png
[center]@Enoch [size=6]Lithops[/size] flowering stone | Living stone | Pebble plant | Stone face | Stone plant [size=4]Symbolic meaning(s):[/size] Hidden in plain sight | Resilience | Survival [img]https://www.mediterraneangardensociety.org/i/journal/100-lirops/big.jpg[/img] [size=4]L[/size]avinia is not who the clan would've picked to be their leader. She's too quiet and unassuming; the type you'd think would try and solve issues with words rather than actions, even when words clearly aren't working. What those dragon don't know, is that Lavinia is more than prepared to take action to keep herself and her clan safe, and has been leading the clan a lot longer than most are aware of, keeping them safe and sometimes even oblivious to some of the dangers she's swiftly dealth with. There's very few who truly know just how much work Lavinia is doing behind the scenes; in fact the only ones that do know are the ones she trust to help her keep the clan safe and maintain peace and order. If you paid close attention to the veilspun, you'd notice just how much [i]she[/i] notices, not a single detail seeming to escape her. She may know that someone's sibling borrowed their favourite apparel piece before even the person themself knows. With all she knows, Lavinia makes sure her home is safe, the dragons are happy and the clan thrives. It's a very good thing she uses her skills and knowledge for good, because if she were to used them for evil she'd be a terrifying force that could bring ruin to any clan that dared to oppose her- and they'd only notice her once it was already far too late.
@Enoch
Lithops
flowering stone | Living stone | Pebble plant | Stone face | Stone plant

Symbolic meaning(s):
Hidden in plain sight | Resilience | Survival
big.jpg

Lavinia is not who the clan would've picked to be their leader. She's too quiet and unassuming; the type you'd think would try and solve issues with words rather than actions, even when words clearly aren't working.

What those dragon don't know, is that Lavinia is more than prepared to take action to keep herself and her clan safe, and has been leading the clan a lot longer than most are aware of, keeping them safe and sometimes even oblivious to some of the dangers she's swiftly dealth with. There's very few who truly know just how much work Lavinia is doing behind the scenes; in fact the only ones that do know are the ones she trust to help her keep the clan safe and maintain peace and order. If you paid close attention to the veilspun, you'd notice just how much she notices, not a single detail seeming to escape her. She may know that someone's sibling borrowed their favourite apparel piece before even the person themself knows.

With all she knows, Lavinia makes sure her home is safe, the dragons are happy and the clan thrives. It's a very good thing she uses her skills and knowledge for good, because if she were to used them for evil she'd be a terrifying force that could bring ruin to any clan that dared to oppose her- and they'd only notice her once it was already far too late.
Free lore thread
35EJj0x.png
Kindryte

Ooo I'd love something [b]Blue[/b] for our clans herbalist Nerida [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/28213686][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/282137/28213686_350.png[/img][/url] All I have is that the tea she makes is healing
Ooo I'd love something Blue for our clans herbalist Nerida

28213686_350.png

All I have is that the tea she makes is healing
much

oQkRxoy.gif
much

D91RBvR.png
much

But still through the leaves,
the wind keeps blowing
much

OY3P2op.png
mu
jR3SjkE.png
How about red for Akura? She's one of my earliest dragons, but I've never really thought of lore for her other than being a nice and relatively non-edgy for her surroundings kid. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67687002][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/676871/67687002_350.png[/img][/url]
How about red for Akura? She's one of my earliest dragons, but I've never really thought of lore for her other than being a nice and relatively non-edgy for her surroundings kid.
67687002_350.png
The Enforcer - they/themAboutArtFree IconsAvatar DragonNeocitiesWishlistA pixelated animation of a teal Mirror dragon wearing a blue and purple hood. They blink and then a heart appears in a speech balloon before filling with dark liquid and fading to black.
Ohh…I’m thinking [b]orange[/b] for Mercy! All I know is that she’s an alchemist. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/92255406][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/922555/92255406_350.png[/img][/url]
Ohh…I’m thinking orange for Mercy! All I know is that she’s an alchemist.

92255406_350.png
[center]@Ruedile [size=6]Campanula rotundifolia[/size] Bluebell | Harebell [size=4]Symbolic meaning(s):[/size] Gratitude | Grief | Humility |Retirement | submission | thinking of you [img]https://www.thespruce.com/thmb/Bvw1SBBbHxpYsWe56FuSZ7PTBJ0=/750x0/filters:no_upscale():max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():format(webp)/growing-english-bluebells-5094292-hero-8c2c71c886fe41a983a50a417ebcfaf4.jpg[/img] [size=4]N[/size]erida wasn't always the clan healer, there used to be some dragon before her who taught the imperial all she knew, before retiring and eventually passing away quietly. While the previous healer isn't often remembered or talked about, Nerida still remembers them, and often thinks of all the things the dragon had taught them; both intentionally and not. Back then, there had been another dragon, who had made the previous healer's life miserable until he was called away to serve the windsinger, and shortly after that Nerida's lessons began. One of the first lessons the older dragon unintentionally taught the imperial, is to stand firm on her opinion. Many dragons had gotten used to being able to boss the previous healer around, but Nerida herself proved she was not one to take orders from dragons who didn't even know how to properly dress a wound. They could LISTEN to her, or seek treatment elsewhere. This truly defined what Nerida would become like as a healer; someone who was patient and gentle and empathetic towards her patients, but refused to accept disrespect from them. She understood they were often vulnerable and in pain, but that was no reason to lash out at her. She'd do her job, and she knew she'd do a good job and provide the best possible care, but she'd be much colder towards those who'd treat her poorly, until they apologized. This... actually made things better in the clan, as others began to respect her more and more due to Nerida's gentle and patient healing, paired with her confidence and unwillingness to accept any bullying aimed at her. Nerida knows that while she's more patient than most, she still has room for improvement, and works dilligently to become a better healer every single day.
@Ruedile
Campanula rotundifolia
Bluebell | Harebell

Symbolic meaning(s):
Gratitude | Grief | Humility |Retirement | submission | thinking of you
growing-english-bluebells-5094292-hero-8c2c71c886fe41a983a50a417ebcfaf4.jpg

Nerida wasn't always the clan healer, there used to be some dragon before her who taught the imperial all she knew, before retiring and eventually passing away quietly. While the previous healer isn't often remembered or talked about, Nerida still remembers them, and often thinks of all the things the dragon had taught them; both intentionally and not.

Back then, there had been another dragon, who had made the previous healer's life miserable until he was called away to serve the windsinger, and shortly after that Nerida's lessons began.

One of the first lessons the older dragon unintentionally taught the imperial, is to stand firm on her opinion. Many dragons had gotten used to being able to boss the previous healer around, but Nerida herself proved she was not one to take orders from dragons who didn't even know how to properly dress a wound. They could LISTEN to her, or seek treatment elsewhere.

This truly defined what Nerida would become like as a healer; someone who was patient and gentle and empathetic towards her patients, but refused to accept disrespect from them. She understood they were often vulnerable and in pain, but that was no reason to lash out at her. She'd do her job, and she knew she'd do a good job and provide the best possible care, but she'd be much colder towards those who'd treat her poorly, until they apologized.

This... actually made things better in the clan, as others began to respect her more and more due to Nerida's gentle and patient healing, paired with her confidence and unwillingness to accept any bullying aimed at her. Nerida knows that while she's more patient than most, she still has room for improvement, and works dilligently to become a better healer every single day.
Free lore thread
35EJj0x.png
Kindryte

Maybe something [b]Pink[/b] for lady? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75429274][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/754293/75429274_350.png[/img][/url] She is very sophisticated, if a bit blunt of you’re not up to her standards in terms of dress, but still loves throwing and attending fabulous parties!
Maybe something Pink for lady?
75429274_350.png
She is very sophisticated, if a bit blunt of you’re not up to her standards in terms of dress, but still loves throwing and attending fabulous parties!
qfcrZgS.jpg Z1OhMta.pngh0FvtF4.gifqv3OlWK.png
[center]@TheEnforcer [size=6]Amaryllis[/size] Amarillo | Belladonna lilly | Oxblood lilly [b]Warning: this plant is poisonous![/b] [size=4]Symbolic meaning(s):[/size] Artistic endeavors | beautiful but timid | innocence | Pastoral poetry | Pride | Radiant beauty | Success won after a struggle | Timidity | True beauty | Writing (wow this flower has a LOT of different meanings) [img]https://txmg.org/hendersonmg/files/2022/03/Lily-Oxblood-1.jpg[/img] [size=4]A[/size]kura is quite timid and withdrawn, prefering to be on her own though she shows kindness to everyone. She's rather quiet and humble, but there is one thing she shows pride in; her writing, specifically her poetry, and it was a dream of hers to publish her poetry. Which... was a lot harder to do than Akura originally thought... The first time she tried, she was flat-out rejected, and her self-esteem took quite a hit. Everyone expected her to give up. Unfortunately for publishers, this was the ONE thing Akura had pride in, and she was not going to stop until her poems got published. For years, she continued to refine her poetry, rewriting old poems and writing new ones as she was getting inspiration from the clans who lived in the more humble parts of the sunbeam ruins. She saw the beauty in her homeland's flora and fauna, away from the columns of white marble and into the more 'ruined' yet still light parts of the territory. Her home was radiant and beautiful, full of glory and warmth, and the imperial WOULD share this with the world, one way or another. Finally, after years, she finally found a publisher who was willing to publish her poetry, and... it wasn't a breakout success, nor was it widely acclaimed and praised, but dragons bought her book, read the poems, and overal, they [i]liked[/i] what they read, and that was enough of a reason for Akura to be very happy.
@TheEnforcer
Amaryllis
Amarillo | Belladonna lilly | Oxblood lilly
Warning: this plant is poisonous!

Symbolic meaning(s):
Artistic endeavors | beautiful but timid | innocence | Pastoral poetry | Pride | Radiant beauty | Success won after a struggle | Timidity | True beauty | Writing
(wow this flower has a LOT of different meanings)
Lily-Oxblood-1.jpg

Akura is quite timid and withdrawn, prefering to be on her own though she shows kindness to everyone. She's rather quiet and humble, but there is one thing she shows pride in; her writing, specifically her poetry, and it was a dream of hers to publish her poetry.

Which... was a lot harder to do than Akura originally thought...

The first time she tried, she was flat-out rejected, and her self-esteem took quite a hit. Everyone expected her to give up.

Unfortunately for publishers, this was the ONE thing Akura had pride in, and she was not going to stop until her poems got published.

For years, she continued to refine her poetry, rewriting old poems and writing new ones as she was getting inspiration from the clans who lived in the more humble parts of the sunbeam ruins. She saw the beauty in her homeland's flora and fauna, away from the columns of white marble and into the more 'ruined' yet still light parts of the territory.

Her home was radiant and beautiful, full of glory and warmth, and the imperial WOULD share this with the world, one way or another.

Finally, after years, she finally found a publisher who was willing to publish her poetry, and... it wasn't a breakout success, nor was it widely acclaimed and praised, but dragons bought her book, read the poems, and overal, they liked what they read, and that was enough of a reason for Akura to be very happy.
Free lore thread
35EJj0x.png
Kindryte

[center]@Twite [size=6]Eschscholzia caespitosa[/size] tufted poppy | foothill poppy | collarless California poppy [size=4]Symbolic meaning(s):[/size] Do not refuse me [img]https://www.bolster.nl/media/images/5400_dbweb.jpg[/img] [size=4]M[/size]ercy is the clan's alchemist, and she does a pretty solid job. Need anything brewed and the imperial will have it done as fast as possible. When it comes to her work there's nothing much to complain about. The true problems start when Mercy decides to get.... experimental with things. Once the orange imperial gets an idea in her head, no-one can truly stop her from experimenting and testing it out. The result of these experiments can range from 'giving everyone's wings strange, colorful and chaotic patterns that no-one was happy with' to 'An explosion that caused the entire lair to collapse' and ANYTHING in between. Trying to stop Mercy from these experiments is near impossible, but succeeding it doing so is arguably even worse than just letting the imperial do her thing; because when you manage to stop her, [u]it's only temporary.[/u] Mercy [b]will[/b] find a way to carry out whatever whacky experiment she may have thought of, and she's gonna go big, because if she doesn't other dragons may stop her again. You can't stop science and alchemical art, when it's far bigger than you. Obviously, this rarely if ever ends up giving a positive result, and Mercy RARELY learns from the experience; she knows now not to do what she just tried, but that was just one experiment of many~!
@Twite
Eschscholzia caespitosa
tufted poppy | foothill poppy | collarless California poppy

Symbolic meaning(s):
Do not refuse me
5400_dbweb.jpg

Mercy is the clan's alchemist, and she does a pretty solid job. Need anything brewed and the imperial will have it done as fast as possible. When it comes to her work there's nothing much to complain about.

The true problems start when Mercy decides to get.... experimental with things. Once the orange imperial gets an idea in her head, no-one can truly stop her from experimenting and testing it out. The result of these experiments can range from 'giving everyone's wings strange, colorful and chaotic patterns that no-one was happy with' to 'An explosion that caused the entire lair to collapse' and ANYTHING in between.

Trying to stop Mercy from these experiments is near impossible, but succeeding it doing so is arguably even worse than just letting the imperial do her thing; because when you manage to stop her, it's only temporary. Mercy will find a way to carry out whatever whacky experiment she may have thought of, and she's gonna go big, because if she doesn't other dragons may stop her again.

You can't stop science and alchemical art, when it's far bigger than you.

Obviously, this rarely if ever ends up giving a positive result, and Mercy RARELY learns from the experience; she knows now not to do what she just tried, but that was just one experiment of many~!
Free lore thread
35EJj0x.png
Kindryte

1 2 3 4