Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | Hello and Question
Hi, Im new to flight rising. My introduction is over due. I have succeeded in gaining a few dragons but Im not very good at finding food for them. Is gathering the only way? Mine are often going hungry as my stores are always low.
Hi, Im new to flight rising. My introduction is over due. I have succeeded in gaining a few dragons but Im not very good at finding food for them. Is gathering the only way? Mine are often going hungry as my stores are always low.
@Vulpixvixen1985

Hi, I’m BunnySox from Wind flight, welcome to FR, and it’s very nice to meet you.

To answer your question, gathering is one way to get food.

The primary way many players get food is by fighting in the Coliseum, or you could buy food from the auction house.

Right now, there’s a special event going on called Love is in the Air. Through the 21st, you’ll be able to get food drops from almost every activity on the site!

It’s also worth it to check with your flight reps to see if your flight provides food bank services for members.

You could also search the forums for free food services. Sometimes public food banks pop up here and there, but it’s infrequent and I don’t know of any currently that serves all Flights.

I’ll make another post below for some general information that might help you, as well as how to contact your flight
^^

@Vulpixvixen1985

Hi, I’m BunnySox from Wind flight, welcome to FR, and it’s very nice to meet you.

To answer your question, gathering is one way to get food.

The primary way many players get food is by fighting in the Coliseum, or you could buy food from the auction house.

Right now, there’s a special event going on called Love is in the Air. Through the 21st, you’ll be able to get food drops from almost every activity on the site!

It’s also worth it to check with your flight reps to see if your flight provides food bank services for members.

You could also search the forums for free food services. Sometimes public food banks pop up here and there, but it’s infrequent and I don’t know of any currently that serves all Flights.

I’ll make another post below for some general information that might help you, as well as how to contact your flight
^^

@Vulpixvixen1985

Hi again!

Here’s a few quick tips you might find useful…
  • you’ll find that you won’t need tons of money right away -- there are free dragons (and free stuff) everywhere...check out the Raffles & Giveaways forums…I'll link you some personal faves below...
  • give each dragon a Familiar & bond with Familiars daily, for a bit of treasure and some treasure chest rewards as they level up
  • keep your dragons well-fed -- over 80% at all times -- to get your daily well-fed bonuses
  • Which Waystone (Library menu, left) suggests daily activities and tasks for you, helping you explore the vast world of Sornieth
  • under Library / Forums, 1st column, halfway down, are your Shadow Flight-only forums. Introduce yourself to your fellow "Inkdrops" and see what goodies / assistance your Flight offers their new players
    -- if you Discord, this is where you request Flight server access
  • Guide to FR Abbreviations will help you understand “forum-speak”
  • to reply to someone on a Forum thread, just type @username and they'll get a notification
  • upper right corner next to your u/n, down arrow, you'll find your Account Settings -- this is where you set up a Forum Signature, Avatar, & Vista…and also where you can Log Out

I’m a long-time player, on daily, so lmk if I can help in any way!!

Enjoy your dragons!!

BunnySox ^^

Adopt-A-Dragon = Free to Good Homes!
Exalt Row Rescue Hub
Free Leveled Dragons for New Players
Free Leveled Coli Teams for Newbies
Critter Crypt: Free Familiars for (NOT ONLY) Newbies

Masterpost of Tools, Guides, Resources, etc.
Data-Based Money Making Guide
Juxta13's Random Raffle

^^
@Vulpixvixen1985

Hi again!

Here’s a few quick tips you might find useful…
  • you’ll find that you won’t need tons of money right away -- there are free dragons (and free stuff) everywhere...check out the Raffles & Giveaways forums…I'll link you some personal faves below...
  • give each dragon a Familiar & bond with Familiars daily, for a bit of treasure and some treasure chest rewards as they level up
  • keep your dragons well-fed -- over 80% at all times -- to get your daily well-fed bonuses
  • Which Waystone (Library menu, left) suggests daily activities and tasks for you, helping you explore the vast world of Sornieth
  • under Library / Forums, 1st column, halfway down, are your Shadow Flight-only forums. Introduce yourself to your fellow "Inkdrops" and see what goodies / assistance your Flight offers their new players
    -- if you Discord, this is where you request Flight server access
  • Guide to FR Abbreviations will help you understand “forum-speak”
  • to reply to someone on a Forum thread, just type @username and they'll get a notification
  • upper right corner next to your u/n, down arrow, you'll find your Account Settings -- this is where you set up a Forum Signature, Avatar, & Vista…and also where you can Log Out

I’m a long-time player, on daily, so lmk if I can help in any way!!

Enjoy your dragons!!

BunnySox ^^

Adopt-A-Dragon = Free to Good Homes!
Exalt Row Rescue Hub
Free Leveled Dragons for New Players
Free Leveled Coli Teams for Newbies
Critter Crypt: Free Familiars for (NOT ONLY) Newbies

Masterpost of Tools, Guides, Resources, etc.
Data-Based Money Making Guide
Juxta13's Random Raffle

^^
[center][emoji=firework size=1]Wishing you a warm welcome to Flight Rising![emoji=firework size=1] Perhaps you could try running the coliseum? ------ [center]Oh, also I am offering: [emoji=wing size=1][b]Free levelling help for coliseum newbies[/b][emoji=sword and shield size=1] I could help if you train 2 dragons to ~lvl7, but only if you have 2 non-progenitor (progenitor are the 2 dragons you get for free when you start the game & cannot be traded.) adults that you have not yet given battle stats and stones. Send me the dragons through a 1-way [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/crossroads/deliver]crossroads[/url][emoji=trade size=1] and ping me on this topic with a reminder that you did so (using: @Islet). After I respond here, I will accept the crossroads and get your dragons send back trained within an hour. If I don respond quickly, I am prly asleep. XD[/center] ------[/center]
Wishing you a warm welcome to Flight Rising!

Perhaps you could try running the coliseum?

Oh, also I am offering:

Free levelling help for coliseum newbies
I could help if you train 2 dragons to ~lvl7, but only if you have 2 non-progenitor (progenitor are the 2 dragons you get for free when you start the game & cannot be traded.) adults that you have not yet given battle stats and stones.

Send me the dragons through a 1-way crossroads and ping me on this topic with a reminder that you did so (using: @Islet).
After I respond here, I will accept the crossroads and get your dragons send back trained within an hour. If I don respond quickly, I am prly asleep. XD

Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx