Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Is it just me? (FR website issue)
1 2
I'm kind of curious about if anyone else has had this issue as of late; every little while, only on flight rising, my page kinda... freezes completely? there's no not responding message, I just can't click anything, and if I try to restart the tab it won't work. It lets me open a new tab fine, at least?

Kinda curious if anyone else is experiencing this; I'm on google chrome on a newer laptop if that matters at all!
I'm kind of curious about if anyone else has had this issue as of late; every little while, only on flight rising, my page kinda... freezes completely? there's no not responding message, I just can't click anything, and if I try to restart the tab it won't work. It lets me open a new tab fine, at least?

Kinda curious if anyone else is experiencing this; I'm on google chrome on a newer laptop if that matters at all!
KdK3h1K.pnguJuXpVk.pngT2nbrk6.pngqYCod4C.pngWH26Bag.pngcedPG3i.pngtp1eAiM.png8KNFjaF.pngXRLXA9U.png7GFlGJN.png
HjHLEYt.png
Yeah, this has been happening to me a lot. Especially if I have two tabs open and I switch back to the other tab, it'll just freeze and I can't do anything except close it, but it'll happen with one tab too.

I remember someone had a post addressing what the issue was and how to fix it, but I got distracted when I went to do what it instructed. Maybe I can dig for it.

Edit: Can't locate the post I saw before, but here's an statement explaining why it's happening:
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/3295491/6#post_55699515

Edit: Found it -> https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3297902#post_3297902
Yeah, this has been happening to me a lot. Especially if I have two tabs open and I switch back to the other tab, it'll just freeze and I can't do anything except close it, but it'll happen with one tab too.

I remember someone had a post addressing what the issue was and how to fix it, but I got distracted when I went to do what it instructed. Maybe I can dig for it.

Edit: Can't locate the post I saw before, but here's an statement explaining why it's happening:
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/3295491/6#post_55699515

Edit: Found it -> https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3297902#post_3297902
tumblr_inline_npp8nyFo5N1r0g4u9_540.png X tumblr_inline_nppef4YToG1r0g4u9_540.png
X
@AquaticMercenary

Do you use an adblocker? If not, Adobe ads in the current cycle are known to freeze the site currently. I recommend using an adblocker to prevent the ad from popping up.
@AquaticMercenary

Do you use an adblocker? If not, Adobe ads in the current cycle are known to freeze the site currently. I recommend using an adblocker to prevent the ad from popping up.
QJ20y3o.png
Yeah I've been having this issue. I actually do use an adblocker, but I'm still having an issue with the site freezing up - I can reload the page, but it doesn't always completely work.
Yeah I've been having this issue. I actually do use an adblocker, but I'm still having an issue with the site freezing up - I can reload the page, but it doesn't always completely work.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
i've been experiencing this as well! it's made flight rising almost unplayable on my computer, it even froze looking at this thread lmao
i've been experiencing this as well! it's made flight rising almost unplayable on my computer, it even froze looking at this thread lmao
I've been dealing with this for a short while too, even though I try to keep it to one tab at a time.
I've been dealing with this for a short while too, even though I try to keep it to one tab at a time.
JrBnUx0.pngq9GXCbk.pngsTpMZa9.png
@juije @LunamFlore
Did you follow the advice and install/enable an adblocker on FR?
@juije @LunamFlore
Did you follow the advice and install/enable an adblocker on FR?
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
@Vendrus yup! I've used adblocker for years, now.
@Vendrus yup! I've used adblocker for years, now.
JrBnUx0.pngq9GXCbk.pngsTpMZa9.png
@LunamFlore
Huh, odd. The freezing is known to be caused by the bad adobe ads and adblockers have consistently fixed the issue.
@LunamFlore
Huh, odd. The freezing is known to be caused by the bad adobe ads and adblockers have consistently fixed the issue.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
Yes, I am using my phone (using Chrome) and it keeps freezing, especially trying to load coliseum battles. Seems to run smoothly on my laptop (albeit slow) but not so much on my phone. No ad-blocker to my knowledge.

Perhaps a Chrome issue, then...
Yes, I am using my phone (using Chrome) and it keeps freezing, especially trying to load coliseum battles. Seems to run smoothly on my laptop (albeit slow) but not so much on my phone. No ad-blocker to my knowledge.

Perhaps a Chrome issue, then...
FObX7rS.png
1 2