Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Withdrawn
1 2
Withdrawn
Withdrawn
I don't see why not...
It seems easy to code and not super influential on the main gameplay...

Support!
I don't see why not...
It seems easy to code and not super influential on the main gameplay...

Support!
I'm not 100% clear on what you're suggesting, but from what I'm gathering it sounds like a proposed currency that's specific to coliseum loot and drops a guaranteed 1 per enemy? I could see this as being rewarding to people who grind coli a lot but also very tedious to collect for players who don't already coli a lot. The idea of getting a collectable item out of it is quite cute though, although we do also already have a series of achievements that are a bit like a streamlined version of this, if not an item.

Regarding the items with effects, I have next to no experience playing TF2 so don't know how their systems work. However items with effects sounds like battlestones to me, seeing as those are the only things equippable to dragons (and I do not think we should tie coli stuff to apparel as this interferes with the fun of dragon dress-up for people more serious about coli). Perhaps versions of battle stones with bonus effects? But I can also see this becoming frustrating since eliminates are already so expensive.

Really I think I'd need more detail on what is actually being suggested to form a proper opinion on it, as it's just a bit unclear rn.
I'm not 100% clear on what you're suggesting, but from what I'm gathering it sounds like a proposed currency that's specific to coliseum loot and drops a guaranteed 1 per enemy? I could see this as being rewarding to people who grind coli a lot but also very tedious to collect for players who don't already coli a lot. The idea of getting a collectable item out of it is quite cute though, although we do also already have a series of achievements that are a bit like a streamlined version of this, if not an item.

Regarding the items with effects, I have next to no experience playing TF2 so don't know how their systems work. However items with effects sounds like battlestones to me, seeing as those are the only things equippable to dragons (and I do not think we should tie coli stuff to apparel as this interferes with the fun of dragon dress-up for people more serious about coli). Perhaps versions of battle stones with bonus effects? But I can also see this becoming frustrating since eliminates are already so expensive.

Really I think I'd need more detail on what is actually being suggested to form a proper opinion on it, as it's just a bit unclear rn.
Lore
Hatchery
Dream Dragons
bepadepadept line long line short boop bepepepep
VPsWmjb.gif
ohhh. so like an alternate way of getting stuff like [item=irradiated scratch][item=silverglow meditate]? currently all the 'alternate' effect battlestones we have are baldwin-exclusives, which is actually kind of semi-similar to what you're suggesting but less openly grind-y since it requires vastly less item investment! i don't dislike the idea, strictly. i'm biased as i find coli grinding kind of mindlessly calming and can be there for hours (at least until it gets dark, flux kicks in, and i can no longer do the captchas consistently.) i do think given there are currently a lot of accessibility concerns wrt to the captchas/controls of coli anything that is going to require exchanging a minimum 99-stack of an item may not be the BEST thing. at the same time i'm desperately craving more fancy-flavored ability stones and for some reason they seem reluctant to release more through baldwin.
ohhh. so like an alternate way of getting stuff like

Irradiated Scratch Silverglow Meditate ?

currently all the 'alternate' effect battlestones we have are baldwin-exclusives, which is actually kind of semi-similar to what you're suggesting but less openly grind-y since it requires vastly less item investment!

i don't dislike the idea, strictly. i'm biased as i find coli grinding kind of mindlessly calming and can be there for hours (at least until it gets dark, flux kicks in, and i can no longer do the captchas consistently.) i do think given there are currently a lot of accessibility concerns wrt to the captchas/controls of coli anything that is going to require exchanging a minimum 99-stack of an item may not be the BEST thing.

at the same time i'm desperately craving more fancy-flavored ability stones and for some reason they seem reluctant to release more through baldwin.
ahhh, ok, i get you now!!!

:thinking: this would be pretty cool when combined with the usermade gallery / individual dragon hoard suggestions that pop up periodically. give people a place to actually show off collectibles and i think something like this might be reasonably popular.
ahhh, ok, i get you now!!!

:thinking: this would be pretty cool when combined with the usermade gallery / individual dragon hoard suggestions that pop up periodically. give people a place to actually show off collectibles and i think something like this might be reasonably popular.
So would these require separate inventory slots? Because item bloat is already pretty awful and this would basically multiply if by a factor of 10 or however many adjectives there are

Just from apparel there are already over 3750 items... what might help scratch the collecting bug is maybe more features like the bestiary to help track collections? Except it would have to be customisable to stop it being annoying and now it feels just like a totally different suggestion

So would these require separate inventory slots? Because item bloat is already pretty awful and this would basically multiply if by a factor of 10 or however many adjectives there are

Just from apparel there are already over 3750 items... what might help scratch the collecting bug is maybe more features like the bestiary to help track collections? Except it would have to be customisable to stop it being annoying and now it feels just like a totally different suggestion

[quote name="aesthilia" date="2023-11-06 15:08:47" ] So would these require separate inventory slots? Because item bloat is already pretty awful and this would basically multiply if by a factor of 10 or however many adjectives there are [/quote] I honestly feel like this would be a huge problem. I also would far prefer something like this be paired with ways to get shiny *different* items. Much like how you can bond with two familiars to awakened and get a pretty recolored familiar (typically on the same lines as the other two), or you can sacrifice a battle stone and get a recolored version. I just don't really see the appeal in having 2+ versions of the same item (literally same item with same art/usefulness) just different names. I would far prefer having a recolor of the item or a new item in general than just the same item but with a different colored border. I could see something like this idea being useful in bringing new recolors (and maybe some new varieties of items) for apparel, especially with the apparel that is plentiful and cheap. IE, taking something like the birdskull apparel: You could get a new variety, instead of recolor, so instead of birdskull, maybe you would have it be lizardskulls, or just the feathers without the skulls at all. For something like the jewelry, you could get recolors.
aesthilia wrote on 2023-11-06 15:08:47:
I honestly feel like this would be a huge problem.

I also would far prefer something like this be paired with ways to get shiny *different* items. Much like how you can bond with two familiars to awakened and get a pretty recolored familiar (typically on the same lines as the other two), or you can sacrifice a battle stone and get a recolored version.

I just don't really see the appeal in having 2+ versions of the same item (literally same item with same art/usefulness) just different names. I would far prefer having a recolor of the item or a new item in general than just the same item but with a different colored border.

I could see something like this idea being useful in bringing new recolors (and maybe some new varieties of items) for apparel, especially with the apparel that is plentiful and cheap.

IE, taking something like the birdskull apparel: You could get a new variety, instead of recolor, so instead of birdskull, maybe you would have it be lizardskulls, or just the feathers without the skulls at all.

For something like the jewelry, you could get recolors.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@PrimalRegigigas
No support, mainly because a system like this will just cause item bloat for no real benefit. Also, FR just isn't a sort of game where this system has much use; my understanding is that these 'tiers' are more for bragging rights than anything else (though feel free to correct if that not right) and being a largely non-competitive game, FR doesn't have any real reason to do that

Also, just so you know bumping on the suggestions forums isn't allowed, you have to add something of importance to the suggestion
@PrimalRegigigas
No support, mainly because a system like this will just cause item bloat for no real benefit. Also, FR just isn't a sort of game where this system has much use; my understanding is that these 'tiers' are more for bragging rights than anything else (though feel free to correct if that not right) and being a largely non-competitive game, FR doesn't have any real reason to do that

Also, just so you know bumping on the suggestions forums isn't allowed, you have to add something of importance to the suggestion
The way items work on this site, wouldn't an item with a different name just be a different item with the same description? There are already different versions of apparel and familiars that look mostly the same but with a different color.

Is the idea just to have, like, an item in one color worth several of a differently colored version? Like each of the different baldwin reagents? You want other kinds of items to have the same color-rarity deal as baldwin reagents?
The way items work on this site, wouldn't an item with a different name just be a different item with the same description? There are already different versions of apparel and familiars that look mostly the same but with a different color.

Is the idea just to have, like, an item in one color worth several of a differently colored version? Like each of the different baldwin reagents? You want other kinds of items to have the same color-rarity deal as baldwin reagents?
formatting these forum signatures is hard. tumblr_p6atnvb3xd1vffxj3o2_100.png
[quote name="PrimalRegigigas" date="2023-11-06 10:44:23" ] Bumping to get more opinions [/quote] [quote name="PrimalRegigigas" date="2023-12-31 20:19:51" ] bump [/quote] @PrimalRegigigas Hello! Please don't bump threads outside of the exempt sales forums. That's considered [url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005262326-Spam]Spam[/url] and is not allowed. Thank you!
PrimalRegigigas wrote on 2023-11-06 10:44:23:
Bumping to get more opinions
PrimalRegigigas wrote on 2023-12-31 20:19:51:
bump

@PrimalRegigigas Hello! Please don't bump threads outside of the exempt sales forums. That's considered Spam and is not allowed. Thank you!
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
1 2