Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Theories on upcoming 7th ancient?
I’m really curious about what this new lightning ancients gonna be like, and I have a bunch of theories/headcannons/etc about those guys, and was wondering if anyone else had some?

I imagine their hide is very, very thick, like a crocodiles scales. (Maybe to prevent lightning damage and what not?) and I have a theory that maybe those horns could help somehow with conducting electricity? I placing my bet on them being on the smaller side (easier to get into nooks and crannies), and maybe being quite flexible?

I dunno, just really curious about these dudes…

What about you guys?
I’m really curious about what this new lightning ancients gonna be like, and I have a bunch of theories/headcannons/etc about those guys, and was wondering if anyone else had some?

I imagine their hide is very, very thick, like a crocodiles scales. (Maybe to prevent lightning damage and what not?) and I have a theory that maybe those horns could help somehow with conducting electricity? I placing my bet on them being on the smaller side (easier to get into nooks and crannies), and maybe being quite flexible?

I dunno, just really curious about these dudes…

What about you guys?
Hello, call me Crackers! | He/him

Feel free to ping me whenever!
I've always wanted a lightning dragon that uses the electric terrain to boost their speed. They're still fast without the electricity, but with it they're as fast as lightning. So that's what I'm kinda hoping for lol.

Though honestly, I just love the design, so I'll be happy with whatever :)
I've always wanted a lightning dragon that uses the electric terrain to boost their speed. They're still fast without the electricity, but with it they're as fast as lightning. So that's what I'm kinda hoping for lol.

Though honestly, I just love the design, so I'll be happy with whatever :)
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
i think they use those horns to skim through the sand!
i think they use those horns to skim through the sand!
66.png
[img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/765c9abd2035005cdeac9f171180f8df/tumblr_n9jundzMHn1sh2doyo1_540.gif[/img] [color=3c352d][size=4][font=cambria]Personally I think they use their horns to store electricity (like biological batteries), they can wrap their "wings" around their body as electrical insulators, and those membranes are not for flying but are meant to help them cool off like the ears of fennec foxes ! Another headcanon I have is that their diet is composed of plants, insects and meat, but no seafood
tumblr_n9jundzMHn1sh2doyo1_540.gif
Personally I think they use their horns to store electricity (like biological batteries), they can wrap their "wings" around their body as electrical insulators, and those membranes are not for flying but are meant to help them cool off like the ears of fennec foxes ! Another headcanon I have is that their diet is composed of plants, insects and meat, but no seafood
UDy41Fx.png
The only two flights that do not have a second breed aligned with them are Lightning and Nature, so it would be cool to have either a mantis-based Lightning Ancient or a plant-based Nature Ancient.
The only two flights that do not have a second breed aligned with them are Lightning and Nature, so it would be cool to have either a mantis-based Lightning Ancient or a plant-based Nature Ancient.
Call me AKDG.
Dragon enthusiast (seriously, space dragons are my aesthetic)
Relentless proponent of STEM
FR+0
@AnakidaDragalaxy the 7th ancient was confirmed to be a lightning breed, and there was a livestream for Undel drawing it yesterday! you can find a link to a timelapse on the front page :)
@AnakidaDragalaxy the 7th ancient was confirmed to be a lightning breed, and there was a livestream for Undel drawing it yesterday! you can find a link to a timelapse on the front page :)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
im not sure if it's against the rules for me to do this but (im pretty sure) acorn has said that we should refrain from lore speculation about this guy ;;
im not sure if it's against the rules for me to do this but (im pretty sure) acorn has said that we should refrain from lore speculation about this guy ;;
[quote name="fatui" date="2023-05-13 18:23:40" ] im not sure if it's against the rules for me to do this but (im pretty sure) acorn has said that we should refrain from lore speculation about this guy ;; [/quote] Aequorin said not to do it in the Livestream chat because it creates pollution for the lore writers. I'm unsure if it's okay to speculate in the forums or not though :v
fatui wrote on 2023-05-13 18:23:40:
Aequorin said not to do it in the Livestream chat because it creates pollution for the lore writers. I'm unsure if it's okay to speculate in the forums or not though :v
20240124-2118111.gif