Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Breed change scrolls
Hi!
So Ive got a really basic question but I can't find an answer for it in the FAQ's or anything. When you use a breed change scrolls, does it also change the dragons eye type? I know it turns all the other genes to basic, but does it also turn the dragon's eye type to common?
Hi!
So Ive got a really basic question but I can't find an answer for it in the FAQ's or anything. When you use a breed change scrolls, does it also change the dragons eye type? I know it turns all the other genes to basic, but does it also turn the dragon's eye type to common?
@EmrysKai no, breed changes do not affect eye type also, the revert to basic is only if it involves an ancient breed [emoji=ancient size=1]- an ancient going to or from a modern or to another ancient breed will wipe the genes. modern to modern keeps the genes.
@EmrysKai no, breed changes do not affect eye type

also, the revert to basic is only if it involves an ancient breed - an ancient going to or from a modern or to another ancient breed will wipe the genes. modern to modern keeps the genes.
giphy.gifp74ovv7.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
@EmrysKai Nope! The dragon's eye type is not affected when changing breed or genes. Eye types can only be altered by using [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/items/specialty?page=1&name=Vial&description=&itemid=&display_type=&treasure_min=&treasure_max=&gem_min=&gem_max=&rarity=&color=&subcategory=&hoard_vault=&sort=name_asc&submit=Apply][u]vials.[/u][/url] Also, in case you didn't know: breed change scrolls will only reset to Basic if an [b]Ancient breed[/b] dragon is involved. Ancient breeds & their scrolls will be marked by the stone-like [emoji=ancient] symbol. Since each Ancient breed has a unique gene pool, their genes are reset when breedchanged - even to a different Ancient breed. You can read more about Ancient dragons [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2694544][u]here.[/u][/url][/b] "Modern" dragons - any breed lacking the symbol - do not have this restriction. If neither the dragon nor the scroll has the symbol, their genes will remain. Even if you're talking about an Ancient breed, I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the difference! [emoji=new friend]
@EmrysKai

Nope! The dragon's eye type is not affected when changing breed or genes. Eye types can only be altered by using vials.

Also, in case you didn't know: breed change scrolls will only reset to Basic if an Ancient breed dragon is involved. Ancient breeds & their scrolls will be marked by the stone-like symbol. Since each Ancient breed has a unique gene pool, their genes are reset when breedchanged - even to a different Ancient breed. You can read more about Ancient dragons here.

"Modern" dragons - any breed lacking the symbol - do not have this restriction. If neither the dragon nor the scroll has the symbol, their genes will remain. Even if you're talking about an Ancient breed, I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the difference!
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-