Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Switching Flights, I need help choosing
1 2
[center][b][emoji=ice rune size=1]Hello everyone! I'm currently in the Ice Flight, and have been deciding on swapping clans but I don't know which clan to switch to. So I have a request, since I need help with chosing a clan to switch to. To everyone, which flight do you think I'd fit best in? Since I'm really unsure to which flight to, or if I should stay with the Ice Flight Any and all help would be nice, thank you for reading! Edit: Thanks for the correction! :D/pos[/b][/center]
Hello everyone! I'm currently in the Ice Flight, and have been deciding on swapping clans but I don't know which clan to switch to. So I have a request, since I need help with chosing a clan to switch to.

To everyone, which flight do you think I'd fit best in? Since I'm really unsure to which flight to, or if I should stay with the Ice Flight

Any and all help would be nice, thank you for reading!

Edit: Thanks for the correction! :D/pos
based on your dragons alone, i think the water flight or shadow flight would fit you best!

but, if you're looking for a flight with a good community, I'd definitally suggest Earth Flight. It's the flight that looked the most welcoming to me. :)

theres also the perk that we're somewhere in the top 3 on the dominence board every week lol
based on your dragons alone, i think the water flight or shadow flight would fit you best!

but, if you're looking for a flight with a good community, I'd definitally suggest Earth Flight. It's the flight that looked the most welcoming to me. :)

theres also the perk that we're somewhere in the top 3 on the dominence board every week lol
(FEEL FREE TO PING ME!)
ezgif-7-aa910bd2f4.gif
Come to Earth, we have dominance money.

For real, though, your dragons definitely fit the aesthetic vibes of Water or Shadow if your focus is more based on aesthetic than anything else, but scott is right, Earth is a much smaller flight and community than everyone else and has been nothing but welcoming since I moved in a few months ago, if that's what you are looking for.
Come to Earth, we have dominance money.

For real, though, your dragons definitely fit the aesthetic vibes of Water or Shadow if your focus is more based on aesthetic than anything else, but scott is right, Earth is a much smaller flight and community than everyone else and has been nothing but welcoming since I moved in a few months ago, if that's what you are looking for.
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
Based on your avatar alone: Shadow maybe?

As an former Icicle, i got pulled to plague which was my second flight choice anyway
What flights were you torn between when you registered?
Based on your avatar alone: Shadow maybe?

As an former Icicle, i got pulled to plague which was my second flight choice anyway
What flights were you torn between when you registered?
plagueanim1.gif
FR+9 | cQS6PnX.png | german
FObX7rS.png
- No voice to cry suffering. -
No random friend requests
_______
__
f44Zu0R.gif

If you join Earth, you'll be getting dominance benefits more often than not.
If you join Earth, you'll be getting dominance benefits more often than not.
they/them - geologist & artist

art + tabletop gaming blog
I've been in Wind and Lightning so far, so I'll tell you a bit about those Flights.

Wind is quite chill and friendly, but don't get Dominance often. Occasionally they have a big conquest push. If you like chill vibes, bamboo and corgis, Wind might be the Flight for you!

Lightning is full of techy and steampunk vibes. We have a rather inactive (from what I can tell) but friendly community. About once every month we have a profit push, which usually earns us 2nd place dominance. Our Dom feels pretty organised too.
I've been in Wind and Lightning so far, so I'll tell you a bit about those Flights.

Wind is quite chill and friendly, but don't get Dominance often. Occasionally they have a big conquest push. If you like chill vibes, bamboo and corgis, Wind might be the Flight for you!

Lightning is full of techy and steampunk vibes. We have a rather inactive (from what I can tell) but friendly community. About once every month we have a profit push, which usually earns us 2nd place dominance. Our Dom feels pretty organised too.
Newmoon | She/her | FRT +17-19 (depending on daylight savings)

Fandergs | Wishlist

I made a cheap UMA! Click here to order it!
Just a slight correction in case you're not aware:

The elemental alignments are "Flights".
Your account/lair is your dragon clan.

So you're in the Ice Flight, making you an Ice (aligned) Clan, and you'd be switching to a different Flight.

As far as suggestions, I'm not sure what to recommend to you as I don't really know your preferences! but I'm in Shadow and Shadow has a few overlapping details (Shadow and Ice are both described as enjoying games, for example), so I'd recommend it if you're into purple eyes, nighttime, and spooky vibes.
Just a slight correction in case you're not aware:

The elemental alignments are "Flights".
Your account/lair is your dragon clan.

So you're in the Ice Flight, making you an Ice (aligned) Clan, and you'd be switching to a different Flight.

As far as suggestions, I'm not sure what to recommend to you as I don't really know your preferences! but I'm in Shadow and Shadow has a few overlapping details (Shadow and Ice are both described as enjoying games, for example), so I'd recommend it if you're into purple eyes, nighttime, and spooky vibes.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Arcane
Arcane
?1yJ3f=platform.png
RSUsSvx.png
Everyone suggesting Earth.. I don't know about that. First impressions say you're not into dom/exalting, so then I would not recommend Earth. I'm thinking Shadow, honestly. But it's really what you're wanting out of a flight. If you don't do dom/exalt and you don't use flight forums, it comes down to lair aesthetics and eye color. What do you want out of those? [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/ice/top-banner.jpg[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/earth/top-banner.jpg[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/shadow/top-banner.jpg[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/wind/top-banner.jpg[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/plague/top-banner.jpg[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/arcane/top-banner.jpg[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/water/top-banner.jpg[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/light/top-banner.jpg[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/nature/top-banner.jpg[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/lightning/top-banner.jpg[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/fire/top-banner.jpg[/img] [quote name="scottcawthon" date="2022-12-02 09:35:51" ] theres also the perk that we're somewhere in the top 3 on the dominence board every week lol [/quote] We're not going to stay there if people who don't do dom/exalt all flock to Earth for dom discounts though ;-) This year has been fairly noticeable in the NOT being in first place most of the time. I can't wait to see the stats.
Everyone suggesting Earth.. I don't know about that. First impressions say you're not into dom/exalting, so then I would not recommend Earth. I'm thinking Shadow, honestly. But it's really what you're wanting out of a flight. If you don't do dom/exalt and you don't use flight forums, it comes down to lair aesthetics and eye color. What do you want out of those?

top-banner.jpg
top-banner.jpg
top-banner.jpg
top-banner.jpg
top-banner.jpg
top-banner.jpg
top-banner.jpg
top-banner.jpg
top-banner.jpg
top-banner.jpg
top-banner.jpg
scottcawthon wrote on 2022-12-02 09:35:51:

We're not going to stay there if people who don't do dom/exalt all flock to Earth for dom discounts though ;-) This year has been fairly noticeable in the NOT being in first place most of the time. I can't wait to see the stats.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
I agree that unless you like dom, I wouldn't go with Earth. It doesn't seem to suit your clan. Not to be biased as a Spark, but I feel like dom is more fun anyway when it's not guaranteed and it's just people having fun and trying together. These things shift too, a few years ago it was Light that was king of dom. Speaking of being a Spark though... [quote name="NewmoonWasTaken" date="2022-12-02 14:49:28" ] Lightning is full of techy and steampunk vibes. We have a rather inactive (from what I can tell) but friendly community.[/quote] Lightning is way more active in Discord than in the forums. Which is not great if you are Not on Discord but it does mean we are more active than we appear. Lightning is very friendly and full of sciencey people and people who really like spreadsheets. The stereotype is true and I am not an exception. :p But less in the overanalytical cold shouldered way and more in the sense that you'll sometimes find people talking about their PhD research in some field you knew nothing about before and it's very interesting to listen and learn! We do dom, usually for profit, but we also have specific stuff that gives a closer, teamworky feel. Like VOLT teams where you're part of a small team competing with some other inflight teams, just for kicks. As far as Shadow, I had a friend move from Wind to Shadow and he's been having a good time. They also have a Discord which is from what I hear fairly active! I haven't heard anything but positive things about their switch in flight.
I agree that unless you like dom, I wouldn't go with Earth. It doesn't seem to suit your clan. Not to be biased as a Spark, but I feel like dom is more fun anyway when it's not guaranteed and it's just people having fun and trying together. These things shift too, a few years ago it was Light that was king of dom.

Speaking of being a Spark though...
NewmoonWasTaken wrote on 2022-12-02 14:49:28:
Lightning is full of techy and steampunk vibes. We have a rather inactive (from what I can tell) but friendly community.
Lightning is way more active in Discord than in the forums. Which is not great if you are Not on Discord but it does mean we are more active than we appear. Lightning is very friendly and full of sciencey people and people who really like spreadsheets. The stereotype is true and I am not an exception. :p But less in the overanalytical cold shouldered way and more in the sense that you'll sometimes find people talking about their PhD research in some field you knew nothing about before and it's very interesting to listen and learn! We do dom, usually for profit, but we also have specific stuff that gives a closer, teamworky feel. Like VOLT teams where you're part of a small team competing with some other inflight teams, just for kicks.

As far as Shadow, I had a friend move from Wind to Shadow and he's been having a good time. They also have a Discord which is from what I hear fairly active! I haven't heard anything but positive things about their switch in flight.
16DifNu.pngFU6SXfW.gif Software
FR +2
They/It
Dragons Sale
1 2