Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | dreamt of a new ancient
1 2 3 4
last night i had a dream about a new ancient, and i absolutely HAVE to share it

it was a lightning ancient, and it was very clearly inspired by centipedes, except it had slightly less, and longer, legs and the body wasn't as long, to make it more dragon-y. still definitely long though, and no wings! i vaguely remember the male pose was sort of....standing and rearing half of its body up, and the female was crawling, in an almost S-shape mid movement. the hatchlings were curled up in a little spiral

it had a few exclusive genes too, these are the ones i remember:

boxes (tertiary) - basically just....koi, but square. very glitchy/electronicy. always had 3 colors for the squares: the actual gene color, a slightly lighter version, and white
armor (tertiary) - added spines that stuck out along their side, in line with their legs
i remember there was a matching primary/secondary set of genes called creep and crawl but i cant remember what they looked like :(

also weirdly enough, the new ancient came with a new eye type (i dunno if it was exclusive or not, or if it was a natural or scroll type) called eyeless. you could literally have this dragon with no eyes. in the art they didnt make it weird, creepy or gorey, the eyes just werent there. it was very cool actually

i have no idea what the breed was called, but it was very fun to think about!

EDIT: im too attached so im keeping this concept even if fr wont, theyre called Magmyrias now (magnet + myriapoda) and they're GOING to be real, even if its just in my head <3
last night i had a dream about a new ancient, and i absolutely HAVE to share it

it was a lightning ancient, and it was very clearly inspired by centipedes, except it had slightly less, and longer, legs and the body wasn't as long, to make it more dragon-y. still definitely long though, and no wings! i vaguely remember the male pose was sort of....standing and rearing half of its body up, and the female was crawling, in an almost S-shape mid movement. the hatchlings were curled up in a little spiral

it had a few exclusive genes too, these are the ones i remember:

boxes (tertiary) - basically just....koi, but square. very glitchy/electronicy. always had 3 colors for the squares: the actual gene color, a slightly lighter version, and white
armor (tertiary) - added spines that stuck out along their side, in line with their legs
i remember there was a matching primary/secondary set of genes called creep and crawl but i cant remember what they looked like :(

also weirdly enough, the new ancient came with a new eye type (i dunno if it was exclusive or not, or if it was a natural or scroll type) called eyeless. you could literally have this dragon with no eyes. in the art they didnt make it weird, creepy or gorey, the eyes just werent there. it was very cool actually

i have no idea what the breed was called, but it was very fun to think about!

EDIT: im too attached so im keeping this concept even if fr wont, theyre called Magmyrias now (magnet + myriapoda) and they're GOING to be real, even if its just in my head <3
That's an incredible dream, I want twelve of these guys
That's an incredible dream, I want twelve of these guys
giphy.gif
BanescaleSig.png
giphy.gif
PLEASE.
PLEASE.
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
That actually sounds super cool!
That actually sounds super cool!
Avatar dragon: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93955351
here’s a weird little hypothetical of it. It’s not accurate but I love the idea of weird long dragons with so many arms. [img]https://i.ibb.co/MMsrfmR/2584-C358-9-DE7-4-D21-8696-A84-D0-C610-C71.png[/img]
here’s a weird little hypothetical of it. It’s not accurate but I love the idea of weird long dragons with so many arms.
2584-C358-9-DE7-4-D21-8696-A84-D0-C610-C71.png
honestly something that utilizes stormcatcher's weird bug-ness in its theming would be the perfect lightning ancient
honestly something that utilizes stormcatcher's weird bug-ness in its theming would be the perfect lightning ancient
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
*slams card on table* GIMME
*slams card on table* GIMME
UDp5HOz.pnghMDDvym.pngGek4MgE.pngRJE4kZu.pngNtJrBGR.png
I NEED
I NEED
fiFase7.pngOjYCOIV.pngP1rAfwB.pngOjYCOIV.pngfiFase7.png

5bhFa.gif zE939.gif Jx8qB.gif zwJ3u.gif zrsu3.gif 5WR0P.gif sbjbm.gif 5H8sG.gif
Been out here advocating for this for ages, I absolutely want a huge centipede dragon who lives under the sand dunes of the lightning flight territory. A glitchy tert sounds very fun too, maybe they could be slightly line-breaking to complete the illusion....
Been out here advocating for this for ages, I absolutely want a huge centipede dragon who lives under the sand dunes of the lightning flight territory. A glitchy tert sounds very fun too, maybe they could be slightly line-breaking to complete the illusion....
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
[quote name="Limanya" date="2022-07-20 13:33:45" ] honestly something that utilizes stormcatcher's weird bug-ness in its theming would be the perfect lightning ancient [/quote] I was just thinking this! I love this whole concept so much I'm all for a more creepy bug-themed ancient. I'm picturing these guys being huge too, even bigger than the largest breeds we currently have,,, Big Sand Worm Dragons
Limanya wrote on 2022-07-20 13:33:45:
I was just thinking this! I love this whole concept so much I'm all for a more creepy bug-themed ancient. I'm picturing these guys being huge too, even bigger than the largest breeds we currently have,,, Big Sand Worm Dragons
| link | they/he | FR+0 |
1 2 3 4