Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Prices have gone up, so should this...
1 2
I was just wondering why the fairgrounds treasure cap is still at 75k when everything worthwhile on this site is pretty big in prices, even things just to get your coli team going... Can we heighten the cap to, say 200k a day? If someone wants to play a game for a while, why should they be encouraged to discontinue playing because they've hit the treasure cap? Just would be nice to keep earning money even after I've hit 75k, especially as someone that doesn't coli very much
I was just wondering why the fairgrounds treasure cap is still at 75k when everything worthwhile on this site is pretty big in prices, even things just to get your coli team going... Can we heighten the cap to, say 200k a day? If someone wants to play a game for a while, why should they be encouraged to discontinue playing because they've hit the treasure cap? Just would be nice to keep earning money even after I've hit 75k, especially as someone that doesn't coli very much
The most I would go is 100K.

For one thing, with G&G, raising the cap just means the prices will raise in response, as it is relatively easy (so I hear) for players to hit the cap in a short amount of time. Thus, we will have a lot of people hitting the new cap.

For another, prices haven't actually went up on Site stuff, just on the AH. Since the AH is driven by user input, I don't think it is a wise thing for the site to base things upon prices on the AH. The site should base its calculations and caps on the prices of the items in the MP, otherwise, it can lead to even more inflation.

AH, as I said, is driven by players. Demand for certain stuff is high (such as eliminate), while supply is low (again, eliminate), meaning that those prices will be high. The more treasure is in circulation, the more players are willing to pay for things, and thus the higher the prices. So, raising a cap to allow more treasure to enter the economy will simply help the prices raise, because players will now be able to make even more money.

Should supply increase (using Eliminate for example), prices will go down, depending on how much the supply increases. The same thing happens if demand is decreased (by introduction of a new stone that can replace elim). Because players no longer need to buy eliminate, the price of eliminates will slowly decrease.

This is the same for any item on site. However, the price won't decrease if players can make more money. Then, they will have more money to spend, (and remember that botters are a problem, and if the bots can make 200K a day, then that will be a lot of treasure), and the prices won't go down as fast because players will be willing to pay higher prices.

So, basing earnings on player run economy is not a good idea, because should the economy go down (ie things get cheaper), would the cap go down?
The most I would go is 100K.

For one thing, with G&G, raising the cap just means the prices will raise in response, as it is relatively easy (so I hear) for players to hit the cap in a short amount of time. Thus, we will have a lot of people hitting the new cap.

For another, prices haven't actually went up on Site stuff, just on the AH. Since the AH is driven by user input, I don't think it is a wise thing for the site to base things upon prices on the AH. The site should base its calculations and caps on the prices of the items in the MP, otherwise, it can lead to even more inflation.

AH, as I said, is driven by players. Demand for certain stuff is high (such as eliminate), while supply is low (again, eliminate), meaning that those prices will be high. The more treasure is in circulation, the more players are willing to pay for things, and thus the higher the prices. So, raising a cap to allow more treasure to enter the economy will simply help the prices raise, because players will now be able to make even more money.

Should supply increase (using Eliminate for example), prices will go down, depending on how much the supply increases. The same thing happens if demand is decreased (by introduction of a new stone that can replace elim). Because players no longer need to buy eliminate, the price of eliminates will slowly decrease.

This is the same for any item on site. However, the price won't decrease if players can make more money. Then, they will have more money to spend, (and remember that botters are a problem, and if the bots can make 200K a day, then that will be a lot of treasure), and the prices won't go down as fast because players will be willing to pay higher prices.

So, basing earnings on player run economy is not a good idea, because should the economy go down (ie things get cheaper), would the cap go down?

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
75k was a hell of a lot back when it was implemented, so honestly I think it's evened out over time. I agree with Jemadar on a 100k cap. That's an extra 25k per day. That adds up quick.

Things are more expensive because there's more treasure in the system. Adding even more treasure to the system would make it worse.
75k was a hell of a lot back when it was implemented, so honestly I think it's evened out over time. I agree with Jemadar on a 100k cap. That's an extra 25k per day. That adds up quick.

Things are more expensive because there's more treasure in the system. Adding even more treasure to the system would make it worse.
[quote name="chespin" date="2018-12-04 20:32:41" ] 75k was a hell of a lot back when it was implemented, so honestly I think it's evened out over time. I agree with Jemadar on a 100k cap. That's an extra 25k per day. That adds up quick. Things are more expensive because there's more treasure in the system. Adding even more treasure to the system would make it worse. [/quote] Second to this opinion- if FR was to change cap, I'd agree w/ max 100k.
chespin wrote on 2018-12-04 20:32:41:

Second to this opinion- if FR was to change cap, I'd agree w/ max 100k.
wsSDnld.png * LF : Male G1s, Obs XXY, White XXY (Light/Ice/Earth)

* Trading Mycena Cave (MC) PP for Gems/Tr

* Selling/Trading : UMAs, Mats, Apparel.

* LF : BBB Transmuters! 1.4~1.6 g/k tr per transmute

Yeah, no more than 100k per day is plenty. I don't support raisng the cap.

With G&G it takes about 15 minutes to max out the fairgrounds on Hard or Very Hard. (VH is slightly faster.) For people who play G&G every day, that's 2.25million t per month. That's plenty.

Plus, the fairgrounds is not the only way to make money. Ideally players should be encourage to explore various other options like hatcheries, art/skin sales, exalting, restocking, etc. so that they get more enjoyment out of the site, don't get bored playing the same three fairgrounds games, and more ad revenue is generated.
Yeah, no more than 100k per day is plenty. I don't support raisng the cap.

With G&G it takes about 15 minutes to max out the fairgrounds on Hard or Very Hard. (VH is slightly faster.) For people who play G&G every day, that's 2.25million t per month. That's plenty.

Plus, the fairgrounds is not the only way to make money. Ideally players should be encourage to explore various other options like hatcheries, art/skin sales, exalting, restocking, etc. so that they get more enjoyment out of the site, don't get bored playing the same three fairgrounds games, and more ad revenue is generated.
OVI5Wp2.gif
I think if fairgrounds paid more wed just see prices go up. Would cause inflation, so treasure in general would be worth less.
I think if fairgrounds paid more wed just see prices go up. Would cause inflation, so treasure in general would be worth less.
The RNG taketh, and the RNG taketh more. The RNG does not give.
Hoard style apparel guide (!image heavy!)
Small art shop!
You can't just make a blanket statement like "prices have gone up." Prices for what? Dragons? That's dependent on the Dom schedule. Sprites? No, those have actually been either stabilizing or decreasing since Joxar's Box was introduced. Food? Again, it fluctuates depending on how much time the userbase is in the Coli, and it's gone down since the Coli 2.0.

Also, if the Fairgrounds cap can be raised when prices (theoretically) go up, does that mean it can be lowered when AH prices go down? If you think undercutters are vilified now, just wait until they have complete control over everyone else's daily income. But if the cap isn't lowered when prices go down, you're just looking at infinite inflation. Like, Roundsey's doing her best but there's only so much she can soak, especially when jerks like me keep spreading the knowledge that buying 1000 tickets doesn't make you significantly more likely to win compared to buying 1. XD
You can't just make a blanket statement like "prices have gone up." Prices for what? Dragons? That's dependent on the Dom schedule. Sprites? No, those have actually been either stabilizing or decreasing since Joxar's Box was introduced. Food? Again, it fluctuates depending on how much time the userbase is in the Coli, and it's gone down since the Coli 2.0.

Also, if the Fairgrounds cap can be raised when prices (theoretically) go up, does that mean it can be lowered when AH prices go down? If you think undercutters are vilified now, just wait until they have complete control over everyone else's daily income. But if the cap isn't lowered when prices go down, you're just looking at infinite inflation. Like, Roundsey's doing her best but there's only so much she can soak, especially when jerks like me keep spreading the knowledge that buying 1000 tickets doesn't make you significantly more likely to win compared to buying 1. XD
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
Raising the cap means that prices on items are going to rise even more.

No support. Printing more money doesn't make a good economy.
Raising the cap means that prices on items are going to rise even more.

No support. Printing more money doesn't make a good economy.
Prices going up also means profits for selling things go up.

If you argue that dragons or food or battle stones or art are selling for more, we can also argue that players are earning more for selling those items.

Inflation is not a logical argument for increasing the fairgrounds cap.
Prices going up also means profits for selling things go up.

If you argue that dragons or food or battle stones or art are selling for more, we can also argue that players are earning more for selling those items.

Inflation is not a logical argument for increasing the fairgrounds cap.
ZQGfAQY.png
Why would the staff raise the cap on the fairgrounds in order to allow a larger influx of treasure to the site when they have been trying very hard to add treasure sinks to the site in order to pull treasure out? This is counter productive.
Why would the staff raise the cap on the fairgrounds in order to allow a larger influx of treasure to the site when they have been trying very hard to add treasure sinks to the site in order to pull treasure out? This is counter productive.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
1 2