Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Bogsneak element?
So all the other dragon breeds have a "homeland" and something of a tie to one of the elements (like snappers and earth, tundra and ice). But do the Bogsneak have one? Are they arcane because they were kind of magically constructed?

Are they earth because the original, Baldwin, is an earth dragon?

Are they lightning because the potion got struck by lightning to make it work?

Are they shadow because they prefer darkness and their names match with "bogs" and "sneaking?"

Or are they somehow neutral? Do other dragons regard them as being unnatural, if they don't have some tie in with one of the gods?

So many questions! What do you think?
So all the other dragon breeds have a "homeland" and something of a tie to one of the elements (like snappers and earth, tundra and ice). But do the Bogsneak have one? Are they arcane because they were kind of magically constructed?

Are they earth because the original, Baldwin, is an earth dragon?

Are they lightning because the potion got struck by lightning to make it work?

Are they shadow because they prefer darkness and their names match with "bogs" and "sneaking?"

Or are they somehow neutral? Do other dragons regard them as being unnatural, if they don't have some tie in with one of the gods?

So many questions! What do you think?
Canonically, they are neutral.
Canonically, they are neutral.
@ArtsySchoen since they weren't created by a deity, i wouldn't think so. the Couriers (NPC breed who delivers your items from the Auction House and can be seen in various spots around the site) also don't have a specific flight/deity affiliation, so it's not impossible for Bogsneaks to be neutral too.
@ArtsySchoen since they weren't created by a deity, i wouldn't think so. the Couriers (NPC breed who delivers your items from the Auction House and can be seen in various spots around the site) also don't have a specific flight/deity affiliation, so it's not impossible for Bogsneaks to be neutral too.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
Alchemy flight
Alchemy flight
AvatarofAkatosh-cropped.png I tried to make an aesthetic signature but it broke :(
[quote name="TwilitBard" date="2018-03-18 15:36:31" ] Alchemy flight [/quote] If there was an Alchemy flight I'll relocate it to in a heartbeat. But really I believe Bogsneaks are an unaffiliated breed.
TwilitBard wrote on 2018-03-18 15:36:31:
Alchemy flight

If there was an Alchemy flight I'll relocate it to in a heartbeat.

But really I believe Bogsneaks are an unaffiliated breed.
o9Cn4yA.gifxpxalNl.gif4mo3Cj1.gif
canonically, they're neutral, but if anything, i'd weirdly associate them with plague. but that might be my brain just being odd, since alchemical accident =/= disease.
canonically, they're neutral, but if anything, i'd weirdly associate them with plague. but that might be my brain just being odd, since alchemical accident =/= disease.
kit
they/them
noted corvid hoarder
I'm pretty sure they're canonly neutral, but they're agreed by fanon to at least have a little bit of a tie to lightning. I think it was also said in an Ask the Team that they at least look up to Baldwin, not necessarily as a god, but they do tend to greatly respect him.
I'm pretty sure they're canonly neutral, but they're agreed by fanon to at least have a little bit of a tie to lightning. I think it was also said in an Ask the Team that they at least look up to Baldwin, not necessarily as a god, but they do tend to greatly respect him.
9-BF420-CA-86-E1-4-F59-85-CA-C3-BC6-F2-B7-B26.png
They're part of the Slime Flight
They're part of the Slime Flight
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif