Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Shorter Cooldown Time?
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a shorter cooldown time for the dragons. Keep the male and females the same cooldown time just shorter. Like by 5 days for each type of dragon. To me it takes a long time like you can only breed a pair once a month to maybe 3 times. I think I got the 3 times right, not sure. Well that's what I was thinking thank you for reading. :)
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a shorter cooldown time for the dragons. Keep the male and females the same cooldown time just shorter. Like by 5 days for each type of dragon. To me it takes a long time like you can only breed a pair once a month to maybe 3 times. I think I got the 3 times right, not sure. Well that's what I was thinking thank you for reading. :)
Once you are established, the length of cooldown is not the limiting factor when it comes to breeding; it’s the number of nests a player has. I have went a year hatching a nest a day and never in that time did I run out of RTB dragons. In addition, many players already complain about how hard it is to sell dragons for anything above exalt prices as there are so many dragons being produced that its quite likely someone looking for a particular dragon will find it for sale at fodder prices; reducing the breeding cooldowns will just lead to even more similar dragons being produced making it even harder to sell dragons.
Once you are established, the length of cooldown is not the limiting factor when it comes to breeding; it’s the number of nests a player has. I have went a year hatching a nest a day and never in that time did I run out of RTB dragons. In addition, many players already complain about how hard it is to sell dragons for anything above exalt prices as there are so many dragons being produced that its quite likely someone looking for a particular dragon will find it for sale at fodder prices; reducing the breeding cooldowns will just lead to even more similar dragons being produced making it even harder to sell dragons.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
No support. As said above it would flood the market with dragons more than it already is. I have 40 dragons and I never run out of RTB. I know the frustration of waiting on specific dragons but you have to balance it with the overall economy.
No support. As said above it would flood the market with dragons more than it already is. I have 40 dragons and I never run out of RTB. I know the frustration of waiting on specific dragons but you have to balance it with the overall economy.
Stuff will one day go here.
Likewise, no support. I understand the frustration, but I don't think this core mechanic needs to be changed--not even with a "scroll of breeding cooldown" (should that come up in this suggestion). As said above, once a lair is established, the cooldown isn't the issue.
Likewise, no support. I understand the frustration, but I don't think this core mechanic needs to be changed--not even with a "scroll of breeding cooldown" (should that come up in this suggestion). As said above, once a lair is established, the cooldown isn't the issue.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
No support, waiting is part of the game, and if the cooldowns were shorter we'd be overrun with dragons- and I don't think the servers could handle that kind of strain.
There are free adult dragons in the giveaways forum all the time. Either wait for your own to be off cooldown, or find a pair that is.
You're just starting out, trust me, soon you'll have enough dragons that you'll never be out of RTB pairs
No support, waiting is part of the game, and if the cooldowns were shorter we'd be overrun with dragons- and I don't think the servers could handle that kind of strain.
There are free adult dragons in the giveaways forum all the time. Either wait for your own to be off cooldown, or find a pair that is.
You're just starting out, trust me, soon you'll have enough dragons that you'll never be out of RTB pairs
giphy.gif7t6ErvU.jpegmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
Nope, we have a major overpopulation problem as it is. Believe it or not, but Dragons used to be worth a ton! These days, well, even pretty ones are lucky to go for more than exalt price.
Nope, we have a major overpopulation problem as it is. Believe it or not, but Dragons used to be worth a ton! These days, well, even pretty ones are lucky to go for more than exalt price.
MUYNhfy.png axOkNaR.pngHawketh3.png
Since every breed of dragon has a different cooldown there would need to be changes for all rarities.

Also, there is an issue with inflation. The reason we have Dominance besides being fun is also so we can remove dragons from the system. This helps avoid a lot of issues that the site would have to face.

Devaluing dragons due to overpopulation/stock of dragons.
Causing lag or making the marketplace more cluttered.

So the lower we make the cooldowns of the dragons the quicker dragons can breed, which means the staff may have to find new ways to deflate the amount of dragons on the site and to remove dragons out of the system.
Since every breed of dragon has a different cooldown there would need to be changes for all rarities.

Also, there is an issue with inflation. The reason we have Dominance besides being fun is also so we can remove dragons from the system. This helps avoid a lot of issues that the site would have to face.

Devaluing dragons due to overpopulation/stock of dragons.
Causing lag or making the marketplace more cluttered.

So the lower we make the cooldowns of the dragons the quicker dragons can breed, which means the staff may have to find new ways to deflate the amount of dragons on the site and to remove dragons out of the system.
No support for shorter cooldown time for the reasons provided by people before my post.
No support for shorter cooldown time for the reasons provided by people before my post.
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png