Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Nest/Flight-Specific Dragon Breeds?
I was just thinking... what if there were certain breeds of dragons that could only be bred in a specific flight's nest?
Maybe, for example, there would be few special spooky dragon breeds for shadow that could be bred together, but only in a shadow nest. Or maybe there's a special mutation you can get from combining different breeds together, but the mutated gene cannot be passed on or the offspring are sterile. People from different flights could buy or trade and have these special dragons in their lairs(and maybe unlock achievements for collecting them) but would be unable to breed them... or maybe the mutations will not occur in their nests or something. I don't know, it's just a thought.

Anyone have any opinions about there being nest/flight-specific breeds? I'm curious about your ideas...
I was just thinking... what if there were certain breeds of dragons that could only be bred in a specific flight's nest?
Maybe, for example, there would be few special spooky dragon breeds for shadow that could be bred together, but only in a shadow nest. Or maybe there's a special mutation you can get from combining different breeds together, but the mutated gene cannot be passed on or the offspring are sterile. People from different flights could buy or trade and have these special dragons in their lairs(and maybe unlock achievements for collecting them) but would be unable to breed them... or maybe the mutations will not occur in their nests or something. I don't know, it's just a thought.

Anyone have any opinions about there being nest/flight-specific breeds? I'm curious about your ideas...
i'll actually make a banner later, i'm just being lazy about it now...
Emphatic no support. I can easily foresee the prices on these Nest/flight-specific dragons being an ungodly amount, much like the joke listings on the AH. Plus, all flights should have to same access to ALL dragons, other wise you are effectively dividing the flights more so than they are due to DOM.

On the note of mutations, no support there as well. RNG already messes with us enough already and mutations would make it worse. I do not like the idea of sterile dragons because this is a breeding game, thus making them practically useless outside of the Coli or being fodder for DOM.
Emphatic no support. I can easily foresee the prices on these Nest/flight-specific dragons being an ungodly amount, much like the joke listings on the AH. Plus, all flights should have to same access to ALL dragons, other wise you are effectively dividing the flights more so than they are due to DOM.

On the note of mutations, no support there as well. RNG already messes with us enough already and mutations would make it worse. I do not like the idea of sterile dragons because this is a breeding game, thus making them practically useless outside of the Coli or being fodder for DOM.
No support. This would just lead to multi-account as people make accounts just so they can breed shadow-only or arcane-only or whatever-only dragons. Plus it would be a lot of work. FR would need at least 11 new breeds to keep it fair. That's a lot of artwork that less than 10% of the playerbase can breed.

No support for mutations. The reasons have been hashed before, but I like the result compromise: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1542341/1
No support. This would just lead to multi-account as people make accounts just so they can breed shadow-only or arcane-only or whatever-only dragons. Plus it would be a lot of work. FR would need at least 11 new breeds to keep it fair. That's a lot of artwork that less than 10% of the playerbase can breed.

No support for mutations. The reasons have been hashed before, but I like the result compromise: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1542341/1
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
No support for more exclusivity, especially since the most elegant dragons will probably end up in flights with more elegant aesthetics, while Earth will probably end up with another breed that closely resembles a rock.

(No offence to all Snipsnap lovers out there but there's not a lot of people who go for that.)

The 11 Flights already have official breeds. (for example, the Arcanist created Faes. The Windsinger created Skydancers and Spirals etc) We don't need to then make certain breeds flight-exclusive.

The only circumstance where I'd even consider this is if nest rentals were more secure and convenient. Then anyone could breed any sort of dragon anyway.
No support for more exclusivity, especially since the most elegant dragons will probably end up in flights with more elegant aesthetics, while Earth will probably end up with another breed that closely resembles a rock.

(No offence to all Snipsnap lovers out there but there's not a lot of people who go for that.)

The 11 Flights already have official breeds. (for example, the Arcanist created Faes. The Windsinger created Skydancers and Spirals etc) We don't need to then make certain breeds flight-exclusive.

The only circumstance where I'd even consider this is if nest rentals were more secure and convenient. Then anyone could breed any sort of dragon anyway.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
No support for all the above reasons

Not to mention, I hate to even think about all of the "can I buy your -insert exclusive breed here-??? I'm in -flight- so I can't breed them!" Or "can I rent one of your nests so I can get a -exclusive breed???"
No support for all the above reasons

Not to mention, I hate to even think about all of the "can I buy your -insert exclusive breed here-??? I'm in -flight- so I can't breed them!" Or "can I rent one of your nests so I can get a -exclusive breed???"
giphy.gif7t6ErvU.jpegmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
People would badger Earth Flight member so much, so no.

We're only 8400, finding a Earth nest would be extremely difficult, so yeah no.
People would badger Earth Flight member so much, so no.

We're only 8400, finding a Earth nest would be extremely difficult, so yeah no.
I'm not big on this idea. While I see what you were going for, I personally like that any two dragons on the site (given unrelated and different sexes) can breed together anywhere. And I like that any breed can have any eyecolor. This would just...make people feel bad, especially if they didn't like their own flight's dragon and wanted that of another flight. Would they be forced to switch flights then?
I'm not big on this idea. While I see what you were going for, I personally like that any two dragons on the site (given unrelated and different sexes) can breed together anywhere. And I like that any breed can have any eyecolor. This would just...make people feel bad, especially if they didn't like their own flight's dragon and wanted that of another flight. Would they be forced to switch flights then?
I get the appeal for lore reasons (like, seriously, Light Flight Nocturnes and Wind Flight Snappers just seem...weird), but the mechanics of it would be far too troublesome, and only inconvenience players.
I get the appeal for lore reasons (like, seriously, Light Flight Nocturnes and Wind Flight Snappers just seem...weird), but the mechanics of it would be far too troublesome, and only inconvenience players.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
no support b/c sharing/renting nests sounds like a pain
no support b/c sharing/renting nests sounds like a pain
my colors!
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif