Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What is love?
1 2
If anyone has ever been in love or understand what love is, could someone fill me in? I thought I was in love with someone, but they didn't love me back enough to commit to me.

Does anyone have any helpful advice? I find that it's eating away at me. I'm feeling sadder and lonelier with each passing day. The holiday are coming, and it doesn't make me feel any better.

And all I want to do is talk to my friends and people I care about, who I think care about me. But no one had time for me.
If anyone has ever been in love or understand what love is, could someone fill me in? I thought I was in love with someone, but they didn't love me back enough to commit to me.

Does anyone have any helpful advice? I find that it's eating away at me. I'm feeling sadder and lonelier with each passing day. The holiday are coming, and it doesn't make me feel any better.

And all I want to do is talk to my friends and people I care about, who I think care about me. But no one had time for me.
AelX9D2.png
BABY DON'T HURT ME
BABY DON'T HURT ME
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
DON'T HURT ME
DON'T HURT ME
@ash3s101
I'm sorry but I had to.

As for actual real advice... Try your hardest to get some time with a friend or someone you care about. Talking about things will help. Even if it doesn't seem like it would, it does, trust me.

I've only ever had one crush, but when the person chose someone else, I felt... Crushed. Drawing and writing your feelings can also take some stress off you. But really, find a good friend to talk to and plan out some time. They'll understand if you say it's really important.

I hope the silliness above at least made you smile and my advice helps! Best of luck!
@ash3s101
I'm sorry but I had to.

As for actual real advice... Try your hardest to get some time with a friend or someone you care about. Talking about things will help. Even if it doesn't seem like it would, it does, trust me.

I've only ever had one crush, but when the person chose someone else, I felt... Crushed. Drawing and writing your feelings can also take some stress off you. But really, find a good friend to talk to and plan out some time. They'll understand if you say it's really important.

I hope the silliness above at least made you smile and my advice helps! Best of luck!
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
@ImpossibleJedi4 @pthn
That was the first thing I thought of after reading the title, heh.

@ash3s101
I have been struggling with this for a long time. It's emotionally draining and is sometimes painful. I don't really have a good, healthy relationship of any kind with a male in my life and that's always haunting me. I recently had a crush on someone, but there was absolutely no way it could have worked out, so now it's just a source of stress and humiliation.
I know it never really helps when someone says to focus on yourself instead; career, school, hobbies, etc. because that won't stop the desire to be accepted and to bond with someone, but after my most recent disaster of a crush, I have this renewed motivation to make a big change in my life. I want to move and start over in a new place. Perhaps my chance at happiness is elsewhere.
There's a quote I really like, "We are all just walking each other home."
You'll find love where you find your home.
@ImpossibleJedi4 @pthn
That was the first thing I thought of after reading the title, heh.

@ash3s101
I have been struggling with this for a long time. It's emotionally draining and is sometimes painful. I don't really have a good, healthy relationship of any kind with a male in my life and that's always haunting me. I recently had a crush on someone, but there was absolutely no way it could have worked out, so now it's just a source of stress and humiliation.
I know it never really helps when someone says to focus on yourself instead; career, school, hobbies, etc. because that won't stop the desire to be accepted and to bond with someone, but after my most recent disaster of a crush, I have this renewed motivation to make a big change in my life. I want to move and start over in a new place. Perhaps my chance at happiness is elsewhere.
There's a quote I really like, "We are all just walking each other home."
You'll find love where you find your home.
LzFqe23.png
z o d i a c a l
infp
something
something else
@ash3s101

In my opinion love means that you EXTREMELY care about someone, like how I love my Mom and Dad and they love me. Or how you love a pet or your spouse. ( husband/wife )
But that's my personal opinion.
@ash3s101

In my opinion love means that you EXTREMELY care about someone, like how I love my Mom and Dad and they love me. Or how you love a pet or your spouse. ( husband/wife )
But that's my personal opinion.
@ash3s101

This is what I believe love is. It's a Bible verse (I'm a Christian) that sums it up nicely. Not sure if that's what you meant, but here it is anyway:

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

It basically means love is selfless. That doesn't mean you become a slave to someone, but that you always put that person first. It's not something that's shallow, or silly, and it's not attraction, either, but it's amazing (this applies to platonic love as well).

I hope you feel better! ^-^
@ash3s101

This is what I believe love is. It's a Bible verse (I'm a Christian) that sums it up nicely. Not sure if that's what you meant, but here it is anyway:

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

It basically means love is selfless. That doesn't mean you become a slave to someone, but that you always put that person first. It's not something that's shallow, or silly, and it's not attraction, either, but it's amazing (this applies to platonic love as well).

I hope you feel better! ^-^

aKHNXwM.png
@ash3s101

Love is something that takes time. You can't force yourself to love an individual, nor an object and so on. Love is something that is very disputed; the actual meaning differs from person to person. For me, love means that once you get it, you must cherish it. Love is also a strong bond between objects; basically attraction.

Of course, sometimes the person/object/etc. you choose to love will not love you back, or show little affection. If that's the case, keep on trying until they either completely don't love you or they give in.

I know this seems hard, but take it from experience. My girlfriend and I have been through hell for six months, but in the end she still loves me. Sure, we broke up for one day- and that was a mistake. She makes me feel so happy too, even though she's dated six other people in the past- I don't care!

If your suffering and need help:
  • Take a deep breath. Relax a little bit. Try drawing or listening to your favorite music/classical music and remember the good parts about life. Don't give up!
  • When it's not as noisy outside/when clouds are covering the sun, take a little walk with nature. Be at ease, and remind yourself that you can try again tomorrow. Someone will love you!
  • Lastly, don't freak about it. If it was your first time with a relationship, don't sweat it! You'll find your perfect someone one day. If not, stay determined!
@ash3s101

Love is something that takes time. You can't force yourself to love an individual, nor an object and so on. Love is something that is very disputed; the actual meaning differs from person to person. For me, love means that once you get it, you must cherish it. Love is also a strong bond between objects; basically attraction.

Of course, sometimes the person/object/etc. you choose to love will not love you back, or show little affection. If that's the case, keep on trying until they either completely don't love you or they give in.

I know this seems hard, but take it from experience. My girlfriend and I have been through hell for six months, but in the end she still loves me. Sure, we broke up for one day- and that was a mistake. She makes me feel so happy too, even though she's dated six other people in the past- I don't care!

If your suffering and need help:
  • Take a deep breath. Relax a little bit. Try drawing or listening to your favorite music/classical music and remember the good parts about life. Don't give up!
  • When it's not as noisy outside/when clouds are covering the sun, take a little walk with nature. Be at ease, and remind yourself that you can try again tomorrow. Someone will love you!
  • Lastly, don't freak about it. If it was your first time with a relationship, don't sweat it! You'll find your perfect someone one day. If not, stay determined!
earth_3.png seasweptdreams / awkward / procrastinating

please ping me to get my attention!
in need of fan dragons!

do NOT get mystic messenger if you can't handle getting up @ 3am
[quote name="ImpossibleJedi4" date=2016-11-23 09:03:53] BABY DON'T HURT ME [/quote] damn you beat me to it!
ImpossibleJedi4 wrote on 2016-11-23:
BABY DON'T HURT ME
damn you beat me to it!
100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png
[quote name="ImpossibleJedi4" date=2016-11-23 09:03:53] BABY DON'T HURT ME [/quote] [quote name="pthn" date=2016-11-23 09:04:44] DON'T HURT ME [/quote] NO MORE [s]im so sorry
ImpossibleJedi4 wrote on 2016-11-23:
BABY DON'T HURT ME
pthn wrote on 2016-11-23:
DON'T HURT ME
NO MORE

im so sorry
Accent Shop

Doodle Shop
soudasig_by_eggdis-dbau8f2.png
1 2