Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Flight a tattoo instead of eye color??
1 2
Not sure if this had already been pitched before. Basically instead of being stuck with your chosen flight's eye color when breeding, make it so you can have an arm tattoo (that can be toggled on or off) to show off your faction instead. This would free up eye colors to be whatever you want without having to borrow a nest. When auctioning or exalting, this tattoo can be visible by default. This tattoo could also be upgradeable or customisable. It could be switched between a few colors as well. Mainly varying shades of black, white, or the faction color itself. Think this would work over the current model??
Not sure if this had already been pitched before. Basically instead of being stuck with your chosen flight's eye color when breeding, make it so you can have an arm tattoo (that can be toggled on or off) to show off your faction instead. This would free up eye colors to be whatever you want without having to borrow a nest. When auctioning or exalting, this tattoo can be visible by default. This tattoo could also be upgradeable or customisable. It could be switched between a few colors as well. Mainly varying shades of black, white, or the faction color itself. Think this would work over the current model??
You haven't stated how you'd determine the eye color for the dragons if its not determined by their flight. I personally don't think a tattoo would make a good flight indicator, especially if its toggleable and personally I like that the eye color is determined by the flight.

In most breeds the eyes aren't that large, and if the eye color does bother you there are plenty of apparel to use to hide the eyes. I also am a big fan of some kind of official way to breed other elements (be it temporarially changing a nest's element, implementation of sub-lairs in other elements, or an official site sanctioned method to rent a nest)
You haven't stated how you'd determine the eye color for the dragons if its not determined by their flight. I personally don't think a tattoo would make a good flight indicator, especially if its toggleable and personally I like that the eye color is determined by the flight.

In most breeds the eyes aren't that large, and if the eye color does bother you there are plenty of apparel to use to hide the eyes. I also am a big fan of some kind of official way to breed other elements (be it temporarially changing a nest's element, implementation of sub-lairs in other elements, or an official site sanctioned method to rent a nest)
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Skins can cover up a flight tattoo. We have to completely remove skins if we want this to be viable.
Skins can cover up a flight tattoo. We have to completely remove skins if we want this to be viable.
[quote name="DragonSage" date=2016-06-19 18:13:35] You haven't stated how you'd determine the eye color for the dragons if its not determined by their flight. I personally don't think a tattoo would make a good flight indicator, especially if its toggleable and personally I like that the eye color is determined by the flight. In most breeds the eyes aren't that large, and if the eye color does bother you there are plenty of apparel to use to hide the eyes. I also am a big fan of some kind of official way to breed other elements (be it temporarially changing a nest's element, implementation of sub-lairs in other elements, or an official site sanctioned method to rent a nest) [/quote] Though, a Flight Tattoo would make very interesting apparel items in tandem with the emblems we already have.
DragonSage wrote on 2016-06-19:

Though, a Flight Tattoo would make very interesting apparel items in tandem with the emblems we already have.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
If this had been implemented at the beginning of the game, maybe. But it's long established in lore and gameplay that eye color is related to element, and I think changing that would just be confusing.
If this had been implemented at the beginning of the game, maybe. But it's long established in lore and gameplay that eye color is related to element, and I think changing that would just be confusing.
[quote name="McAlli" date=2016-06-19 18:51:04] Though, a Flight Tattoo would make very interesting apparel items in tandem with the emblems we already have. [/quote] True. I could certainly get behind a Flight Tattoo apparel item
McAlli wrote on 2016-06-19:
Though, a Flight Tattoo would make very interesting apparel items in tandem with the emblems we already have.
True. I could certainly get behind a Flight Tattoo apparel item
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="DragonSage" date=2016-06-19 19:04:58] [quote name="McAlli" date=2016-06-19 18:51:04] Though, a Flight Tattoo would make very interesting apparel items in tandem with the emblems we already have. [/quote] True. I could certainly get behind a Flight Tattoo apparel item [/quote] Oooh, definitely owo
DragonSage wrote on 2016-06-19:
McAlli wrote on 2016-06-19:
True. I could certainly get behind a Flight Tattoo apparel item

Oooh, definitely owo
sig-145.png
url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ibaz/2228365/1]UM/ Festival Accents for Sale Here![/url]
I like the sound of this as an apparel item more than an implemented thing. I'm also up for contacts as a new type of apparel to hide eye colour instead of doing away with eye colour completely :)
I like the sound of this as an apparel item more than an implemented thing. I'm also up for contacts as a new type of apparel to hide eye colour instead of doing away with eye colour completely :)
edf798ca937fac49e30f192b32dd1f8300063ecf.png
[quote name="Moerae" date=2016-06-19 22:50:18] I like the sound of this as an apparel item more than an implemented thing. I'm also up for contacts as a new type of apparel to hide eye colour instead of doing away with eye colour completely :) [/quote] yeah, especially since we can't permanently change a dragon's eye color, so who's to say that dragons don't wear contacts? it's probably really popular among the teenagers...and the cosplayers. lmao
Moerae wrote on 2016-06-19:

yeah, especially since we can't permanently change a dragon's eye color, so who's to say that dragons don't wear contacts? it's probably really popular among the teenagers...and the cosplayers. lmao
tumblr_inline_nbaduayNyo1qg78ij.png my name's flynn, he/him or they/them.

B6ve782.gif
I really, really hate visible Flight symbols in skins and accents.

I groan every time this aspect is included in a winning festival skin. It limits the possible uses for the dragon and I don't like it at all. I really wouldn't want it etched onto my dragons in place of eye colour, especially if it conflicted with gene designs.

A tattoo/paint/whatever type apparel item, something we have the option of applying and removing ourselves, like the Emblems available at each festival... that I could get behind. It would be a new way of identifying Flight Representatives that doesn't involve a massive floating head symbol.

Replacing eye colour, though... no. It's been around too long for that and it's fairly unobtrusive, unlike a tattoo.

I really, really hate visible Flight symbols in skins and accents.

I groan every time this aspect is included in a winning festival skin. It limits the possible uses for the dragon and I don't like it at all. I really wouldn't want it etched onto my dragons in place of eye colour, especially if it conflicted with gene designs.

A tattoo/paint/whatever type apparel item, something we have the option of applying and removing ourselves, like the Emblems available at each festival... that I could get behind. It would be a new way of identifying Flight Representatives that doesn't involve a massive floating head symbol.

Replacing eye colour, though... no. It's been around too long for that and it's fairly unobtrusive, unlike a tattoo.

byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
1 2