Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [new venue]
1 2
Can we have festival venues? Venues which only open during the festivals and have only that element and neutral enemies?
Can we have festival venues? Venues which only open during the festivals and have only that element and neutral enemies?
I personally don't think that's a good idea, it would result in too much holiday currency entering circulation. The admins are working on giving stages elemental leanings which should result in there being at least one stage per element--and over time hopefully the admins will ensure there is a high level and low level stage so everyone has access to the appropriate stages.
I personally don't think that's a good idea, it would result in too much holiday currency entering circulation. The admins are working on giving stages elemental leanings which should result in there being at least one stage per element--and over time hopefully the admins will ensure there is a high level and low level stage so everyone has access to the appropriate stages.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Festival currency would be too plentiful then. Also, the festival as a whole would feel sorta devalued. There would be no remaining challenge, imo, and it wouldn't really feel like an "event" anymore.

We already have a new source of currency with Baldwin, making that 3 different ways to obtain currency now, and two that are accessible to those unable to coli grind for whatever reason.
There are already elemental leanings in certain venues for those willing to seek them out, which I feel is enough.

Something really important to consider is that the coli already has a great advantage in providing festival goods. Not all people can access the coli or grind, from either hardware, internet connectivity, or health issues. People with the ability to coli already have a massive advantage over those who don't, and this would further tip the balance towards the coli and leave those dependent on gathering and Baldwin in the dust. That would feel even more unfair to those players than it already has in the past.

(BTW, I am a coli grinder, so this isn't a bitter grapes sort of response.)
Festival currency would be too plentiful then. Also, the festival as a whole would feel sorta devalued. There would be no remaining challenge, imo, and it wouldn't really feel like an "event" anymore.

We already have a new source of currency with Baldwin, making that 3 different ways to obtain currency now, and two that are accessible to those unable to coli grind for whatever reason.
There are already elemental leanings in certain venues for those willing to seek them out, which I feel is enough.

Something really important to consider is that the coli already has a great advantage in providing festival goods. Not all people can access the coli or grind, from either hardware, internet connectivity, or health issues. People with the ability to coli already have a massive advantage over those who don't, and this would further tip the balance towards the coli and leave those dependent on gathering and Baldwin in the dust. That would feel even more unfair to those players than it already has in the past.

(BTW, I am a coli grinder, so this isn't a bitter grapes sort of response.)
ezgDKeD.png
Selling Leap Day Gen 1, up to haggle.
[stone|white|teal ; female nocturne ; Earth flight (matching eyes)]
I agree with these people, festival currency would be too easy to get, and the venue would most likely have horrible lag during the festivals.
I agree with these people, festival currency would be too easy to get, and the venue would most likely have horrible lag during the festivals.
insert life story here
Agree with posters before me. They are trying to balance venues from what I've seen though, so that's a good thing :D
Agree with posters before me. They are trying to balance venues from what I've seen though, so that's a good thing :D
[quote name="chespin" date=2015-10-26 11:50:09] Agree with posters before me. They are trying to balance venues from what I've seen though, so that's a good thing :D [/quote]
chespin wrote on 2015-10-26:
No support. I'd rather them just balance existing venues.
No support. I'd rather them just balance existing venues.
I9uZ2ky.png
@Eodasura i love it!
@Eodasura i love it!
1421_150px_starlight18_by_miirshroom-dbyz1qc.pngR3OpbRR.png
R3OpbRR.png[/img]
SuYkYP9.png
tumblr_op6tymvBq91wo8ivwo1_100.gif[/url]
tumblr_obcrybYghZ1tfzajgo1_r1_500.gif
No support- besides the overflowing currency, I feel that designing the artwork for 11 temporary venues is work that I'd rather be put towards permanent ones.
No support- besides the overflowing currency, I feel that designing the artwork for 11 temporary venues is work that I'd rather be put towards permanent ones.
windh4.png
I love the idea of festival-only venues, but not them having nothing but monsters that give out currency.
I love the idea of festival-only venues, but not them having nothing but monsters that give out currency.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
1 2