Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragons cannot be exalted with no name
1 2 3 4 5 6
I get frustrated, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, when people adopt my dragons and then immediately exalt them without naming them first; so I get a bunch of 'Unnamed' exalted baby dragons on my family tree.

My suggestion is that people cannot exalt dragons without a name (Unnamed) - just like dragons with familiars, apparel, skins etc can't be exalted.

You'll still get people giving dragons stupid names just so they can be exalted...but I'd rather have a stupid name on my family tree than 'Unnamed'!

:)
I get frustrated, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, when people adopt my dragons and then immediately exalt them without naming them first; so I get a bunch of 'Unnamed' exalted baby dragons on my family tree.

My suggestion is that people cannot exalt dragons without a name (Unnamed) - just like dragons with familiars, apparel, skins etc can't be exalted.

You'll still get people giving dragons stupid names just so they can be exalted...but I'd rather have a stupid name on my family tree than 'Unnamed'!

:)
No support.

I also dislike unnamed dragons, so I name them before I sell them. Doing this also makes it so that your dragons won't be permanently unnamed if they're in an inactive lair, so it's an even better fix to your problem. If you're worried, naming has been shown in surveys many times to not discourage buyers because renaming scrolls are very cheap on the Auction House.

But once you sell a dragon, it's no longer yours and you can't dictate what the other player does with it. People exalt unnamed for a variety of reasons, so just because they don't play in the same way as you, doesn't mean their way of play is wrong.
No support.

I also dislike unnamed dragons, so I name them before I sell them. Doing this also makes it so that your dragons won't be permanently unnamed if they're in an inactive lair, so it's an even better fix to your problem. If you're worried, naming has been shown in surveys many times to not discourage buyers because renaming scrolls are very cheap on the Auction House.

But once you sell a dragon, it's no longer yours and you can't dictate what the other player does with it. People exalt unnamed for a variety of reasons, so just because they don't play in the same way as you, doesn't mean their way of play is wrong.
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
What squidragon said, once you sell the dragon it's no longer your 'property' and therefore you cannot tell said buyer what to do with said dragon.

A lot of people make mistakes. I make mistakes. I buy a dragon and what if I don't like it suddenly? Exalt it and get another one. What if I made a mistake and meant to get the dragon above it in the AH? Exalt it and get said dragon.

As for me, I would rather name my dragons and exalt them myself than to sell to other players unless they specifically ask me for a baby dragon. Otherwise if I was forced to name a dragon, you'll pretty much either get a very lame name or "asdfghjkl" u A u;;

TLDR: no support v o v
What squidragon said, once you sell the dragon it's no longer your 'property' and therefore you cannot tell said buyer what to do with said dragon.

A lot of people make mistakes. I make mistakes. I buy a dragon and what if I don't like it suddenly? Exalt it and get another one. What if I made a mistake and meant to get the dragon above it in the AH? Exalt it and get said dragon.

As for me, I would rather name my dragons and exalt them myself than to sell to other players unless they specifically ask me for a baby dragon. Otherwise if I was forced to name a dragon, you'll pretty much either get a very lame name or "asdfghjkl" u A u;;

TLDR: no support v o v
I collect all the Quails yes yes
False-Peacock Quail Valley Quail Flecked Bushrunner Bobwhite Quail
No support. You (in general, not you specifically) have no rights over someone else's dragon.
No support. You (in general, not you specifically) have no rights over someone else's dragon.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
No support. If you don't want unnamed dragons in your lineage, name them before selling. Most players who buy a dragon for keeps don't mind purchasing a renaming scroll.

The admins are apparently working on a way to hide exalted dragons from lineage, but there's no ETA for this.
No support. If you don't want unnamed dragons in your lineage, name them before selling. Most players who buy a dragon for keeps don't mind purchasing a renaming scroll.

The admins are apparently working on a way to hide exalted dragons from lineage, but there's no ETA for this.
No support.
No support.
iSUiwqzX231cv.gif
No Support

Though it is a pain to see an unnamed dragon in your "offspring" list, it can easily be avoided by naming the hatchlings before selling. If the consumer doesn't like the name- then they can get a Scroll of Renaming. In reality though, you (all those who do this, not just you- for I have done this before as well) sell them unnamed knowing that there is a chance of this happening. This would be an interesting feature, but at the same time, not exactly needed.
No Support

Though it is a pain to see an unnamed dragon in your "offspring" list, it can easily be avoided by naming the hatchlings before selling. If the consumer doesn't like the name- then they can get a Scroll of Renaming. In reality though, you (all those who do this, not just you- for I have done this before as well) sell them unnamed knowing that there is a chance of this happening. This would be an interesting feature, but at the same time, not exactly needed.
iceb2_by_ovophobia-d9cq66h.png
Either name them before you sell them or don't price them as exalt fodder. You can also avoid this problem by selling them when they're adults, since adults need to be named to fight in the coliseum- and most folks buy adults to train and exalt!
Either name them before you sell them or don't price them as exalt fodder. You can also avoid this problem by selling them when they're adults, since adults need to be named to fight in the coliseum- and most folks buy adults to train and exalt!
No support for the reasons already mentioned.
No support for the reasons already mentioned.
TOW2n3q.png
No support. You may say you'd prefer stupid names to Unnamed, but you might change your mind after a certain number of dragons named "bcfksa" or "buttface."
No support. You may say you'd prefer stupid names to Unnamed, but you might change your mind after a certain number of dragons named "bcfksa" or "buttface."
Lost Lute pgE81Sv.png Aerborne Ambassador
1 2 3 4 5 6