Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragons cannot be exalted with no name
1 2 3 4 5 6
@RobinaRaven

Hmmm. Well, you do have a point. You should be able to exalt dragons born from your own clan unnamed. I just think it's kind of a common courtesy thing to name before exalting if it's a dragon originally from somebody else.

Yeah it sucks when a dragon winds up being bought and stuck on a dead account and never named. But I guess to me that isn't as bad as being exalted nameless. (Also all that wasted profit from not training it a few levels! Tsk, tsk.) I tend to keep dragons nameless a while too until I think of a name.

I guess my point is I think people really should name before exalting if the dragon wasn't born in their clan. If it was, they should be able to do whatever they want with it I guess. But then, nest rentals might mess things up too... I guess this is a lot more complicated than I thought. Perhaps it should be pushed as a good manners thing rather than a game mechanic... ("Are you sure you want to exalt this dragon without naming it first?" Y/N)
@RobinaRaven

Hmmm. Well, you do have a point. You should be able to exalt dragons born from your own clan unnamed. I just think it's kind of a common courtesy thing to name before exalting if it's a dragon originally from somebody else.

Yeah it sucks when a dragon winds up being bought and stuck on a dead account and never named. But I guess to me that isn't as bad as being exalted nameless. (Also all that wasted profit from not training it a few levels! Tsk, tsk.) I tend to keep dragons nameless a while too until I think of a name.

I guess my point is I think people really should name before exalting if the dragon wasn't born in their clan. If it was, they should be able to do whatever they want with it I guess. But then, nest rentals might mess things up too... I guess this is a lot more complicated than I thought. Perhaps it should be pushed as a good manners thing rather than a game mechanic... ("Are you sure you want to exalt this dragon without naming it first?" Y/N)
e4TvxbF.gifn0skEd8.png
No support, if it bothers you name before you sell (names don't discourage buyers it is space issues making dragons harder to sell). No support to popups about them being exalted unnamed. I'd rather see a popup warning sellers that the dragon could be exalted unnamed.
No support, if it bothers you name before you sell (names don't discourage buyers it is space issues making dragons harder to sell). No support to popups about them being exalted unnamed. I'd rather see a popup warning sellers that the dragon could be exalted unnamed.
No support. People can do whatever they want with THEIR dragons.
[quote name="seaofstars" date="2015-03-12 06:53:55"]Perhaps it should be pushed as a good manners thing rather than a game mechanic... ("Are you sure you want to exalt this dragon without naming it first?" Y/N)[/quote] I don't agree with this either, as it isn't bad manners to everyone to exalt Unnamed. An additional pop-up (as you already get one when you go to exalt the dragon) would slow down exalting times and make dominance battles even more stressful, as there'd be the extra second or two for each dragon you exalt if you aren't naming. Some people don't name during battles specifically so they [i]don't[/i] have to go through both the naming pop-up [i]and[/i] the exalting pop-up. Wasted time is wasted points and can cost you the win!
seaofstars wrote on 2015-03-12 06:53:55:
Perhaps it should be pushed as a good manners thing rather than a game mechanic... ("Are you sure you want to exalt this dragon without naming it first?" Y/N)

I don't agree with this either, as it isn't bad manners to everyone to exalt Unnamed. An additional pop-up (as you already get one when you go to exalt the dragon) would slow down exalting times and make dominance battles even more stressful, as there'd be the extra second or two for each dragon you exalt if you aren't naming. Some people don't name during battles specifically so they don't have to go through both the naming pop-up and the exalting pop-up. Wasted time is wasted points and can cost you the win!
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
No support. If having Unnamed offspring annoys someone, they can name their dragons before selling.

People can do whatever they want with their dragons, and the dragon is theirs after they buy it. Once someone decides to sell a dragon they also lose the ownership of it and thus cannot affect what happens to it. Also, sometimes people have reasons to exalt dragons unnamed.
No support. If having Unnamed offspring annoys someone, they can name their dragons before selling.

People can do whatever they want with their dragons, and the dragon is theirs after they buy it. Once someone decides to sell a dragon they also lose the ownership of it and thus cannot affect what happens to it. Also, sometimes people have reasons to exalt dragons unnamed.
HlyrCMY.pngHlyrCMY.pngHlyrCMY.pngHlyrCMY.png
No support.

As said many times before, people can do whatever they want with the dragon they own and they bought.
No support.

As said many times before, people can do whatever they want with the dragon they own and they bought.
HlyrCMY.png
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time flies when you're having rum me boys,
Time flies when you're having rum,
When you're sailing under the black flag
And you're firing all your guns
- Pirates for Sale
JsGepaO.png

xCFDZf6.png
Broken record reasons for no support.
Broken record reasons for no support.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
[quote name="squidragon" date="2015-03-11 14:48:44"]No support. I also dislike unnamed dragons, so I name them before I sell them. Doing this also makes it so that your dragons won't be permanently unnamed if they're in an inactive lair, so it's an even better fix to your problem. If you're worried, naming has been shown in surveys many times to not discourage buyers because renaming scrolls are very cheap on the Auction House. But once you sell a dragon, it's no longer yours and you can't dictate what the other player does with it. People exalt unnamed for a variety of reasons, so just because they don't play in the same way as you, doesn't mean their way of play is wrong.[/quote] This. No support.
squidragon wrote on 2015-03-11 14:48:44:
No support.

I also dislike unnamed dragons, so I name them before I sell them. Doing this also makes it so that your dragons won't be permanently unnamed if they're in an inactive lair, so it's an even better fix to your problem. If you're worried, naming has been shown in surveys many times to not discourage buyers because renaming scrolls are very cheap on the Auction House.

But once you sell a dragon, it's no longer yours and you can't dictate what the other player does with it. People exalt unnamed for a variety of reasons, so just because they don't play in the same way as you, doesn't mean their way of play is wrong.

This. No support.
[quote name="Arienai" date="2015-03-12 07:20:28"]No support. People can do whatever they want with THEIR dragons.[/quote]
Arienai wrote on 2015-03-12 07:20:28:
support i hate it when people do that.
support i hate it when people do that.
1 2 3 4 5 6