Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Plot/Quests
so @lackluster came up with it originally and ive had some thoughts on similar stuff, but we were thinking about plots/quests for dragons.

FR has a super expansive and interesting Lore, both with the world it takes place in and the individual dragons themselves. It could be interesting to have plots or quests for each dragon? Based mostly off their breed or perhaps their flight, but essentially something that we as users can do while on the site that plays into the lore that has been established. It seems almost a shame that there are such interesting facts and legends about the dragons that there isnt something more to build on with that?
Of course it would be optional, you don't ever need to start a quest, but if youre all about character building/just having fun it could be a nice little thing? Good also for people who might want to stick with site lore continuity and want to tailor their dragons character to that of the established world of FR.

this isnt really to like...kill off any ideas people might have of unique dragon stories, but it could be fun for others who just want to

Perhaps they could have achievements, titles for your dragons (lord, bard, adventurer, paladin, dancer etc), item awards (perhaps based on their title or just major events happening in their plot) and a public journal which others can see where your dragon is in the story/quest they're on and the decisions they've made.

Personally i'd love something even just as simple as a text based adventure (maybe with little pictures every now and then) with answers you have to pick from a list to progress.

I know this is potentially a big thing but just a consideration!

@lackluster again so you can add onto this with any other thoughts you have!
so @lackluster came up with it originally and ive had some thoughts on similar stuff, but we were thinking about plots/quests for dragons.

FR has a super expansive and interesting Lore, both with the world it takes place in and the individual dragons themselves. It could be interesting to have plots or quests for each dragon? Based mostly off their breed or perhaps their flight, but essentially something that we as users can do while on the site that plays into the lore that has been established. It seems almost a shame that there are such interesting facts and legends about the dragons that there isnt something more to build on with that?
Of course it would be optional, you don't ever need to start a quest, but if youre all about character building/just having fun it could be a nice little thing? Good also for people who might want to stick with site lore continuity and want to tailor their dragons character to that of the established world of FR.

this isnt really to like...kill off any ideas people might have of unique dragon stories, but it could be fun for others who just want to

Perhaps they could have achievements, titles for your dragons (lord, bard, adventurer, paladin, dancer etc), item awards (perhaps based on their title or just major events happening in their plot) and a public journal which others can see where your dragon is in the story/quest they're on and the decisions they've made.

Personally i'd love something even just as simple as a text based adventure (maybe with little pictures every now and then) with answers you have to pick from a list to progress.

I know this is potentially a big thing but just a consideration!

@lackluster again so you can add onto this with any other thoughts you have!
★ Kaiju's Art ★
^Basically everything kaiju said but I can elaborate on how I'd envision it. Granted it would be a large addition to the game but I can see it being fun and all the more personalized and interactive.
It would be a whole tab under the Clan section in the menu title which would take you to a page not unlike the coliseum menu where you organize your team, however (and this was part of kaiju's idea) it would have your current 'active' dragons that all have working quests in progress. A maximum of three would draw parallels to the coli and also keep it manageable. Dragons progress would be saved even after taken out of an active position, they just would not be available in the 'quest' section to use.

Dragons could have their own personal inventory of items they find on their quests, which again would be a text based click through game that changes based on your decisions and lands you with random finds. The items collect in their inventory and you have the option to move them to your hoard or keep them equipped to your dragon. This could be nice to be able to see on the active dragon's profile page as well.

(Excuse any errors, im very tired haha)
^Basically everything kaiju said but I can elaborate on how I'd envision it. Granted it would be a large addition to the game but I can see it being fun and all the more personalized and interactive.
It would be a whole tab under the Clan section in the menu title which would take you to a page not unlike the coliseum menu where you organize your team, however (and this was part of kaiju's idea) it would have your current 'active' dragons that all have working quests in progress. A maximum of three would draw parallels to the coli and also keep it manageable. Dragons progress would be saved even after taken out of an active position, they just would not be available in the 'quest' section to use.

Dragons could have their own personal inventory of items they find on their quests, which again would be a text based click through game that changes based on your decisions and lands you with random finds. The items collect in their inventory and you have the option to move them to your hoard or keep them equipped to your dragon. This could be nice to be able to see on the active dragon's profile page as well.

(Excuse any errors, im very tired haha)
RFX4miZ.png
Sounds similar to the planned adventure mode
Quote:
Adventure

Due to the immense size and scale of this feature, it will not be available for launch (or even several months after launch), but we have already begun content creation and have many backend systems in place for our adventure/questing mode. In a content update some time after launch, players will be able to take a party of dragons into a few subregions of the world map, select quests to embark on, and earn treasure/loot for completing them. The player will be able to move their party of dragons around a visual environment, explore, and battle their way through random and scripted encounters. This feature will expand over time, encompassing more and more areas of the Flight Rising realm for players to explore.
Sounds similar to the planned adventure mode
Quote:
Adventure

Due to the immense size and scale of this feature, it will not be available for launch (or even several months after launch), but we have already begun content creation and have many backend systems in place for our adventure/questing mode. In a content update some time after launch, players will be able to take a party of dragons into a few subregions of the world map, select quests to embark on, and earn treasure/loot for completing them. The player will be able to move their party of dragons around a visual environment, explore, and battle their way through random and scripted encounters. This feature will expand over time, encompassing more and more areas of the Flight Rising realm for players to explore.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
oh ah I wasnt aware of adventure mode! I like that, but somehow to me it seems a bit like a glorified version of the coliseum? It might be because I'm not very interested in battling, but I do like the exploring option. I suppose we envisioned plot/questing to play more into the lore of the dragons/world(like guardian's charge) unless ofc adventure plays into that
oh ah I wasnt aware of adventure mode! I like that, but somehow to me it seems a bit like a glorified version of the coliseum? It might be because I'm not very interested in battling, but I do like the exploring option. I suppose we envisioned plot/questing to play more into the lore of the dragons/world(like guardian's charge) unless ofc adventure plays into that
★ Kaiju's Art ★
Support!

I think a text/image based quest for your dragons to go on would be a wonderful alternative experience for dragons. It might be more appealing to the people who stick to the role-playing forum and those who avoid the coliseum. Adventuring would be a way to do something with your dragons where they could earn something and do something productive for your lair.
Support!

I think a text/image based quest for your dragons to go on would be a wonderful alternative experience for dragons. It might be more appealing to the people who stick to the role-playing forum and those who avoid the coliseum. Adventuring would be a way to do something with your dragons where they could earn something and do something productive for your lair.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind this is what I thought actually, having an adventure part of the game that DIDNT include battling because there's a large enough group of people on FR who aren't into that and want a story element. Their adventure mode seems like an updated more expansive version of Coli.
@Nightwind this is what I thought actually, having an adventure part of the game that DIDNT include battling because there's a large enough group of people on FR who aren't into that and want a story element. Their adventure mode seems like an updated more expansive version of Coli.
RFX4miZ.png
@Lackluster

I was hoping this suggestion\Adventure Mode was more in the way of plots and puzzles and "come visit and interact with NPCs."

I do enjoy the Coli but I'd like to do more than endlessly grind while catching up on my shows.
@Lackluster

I was hoping this suggestion\Adventure Mode was more in the way of plots and puzzles and "come visit and interact with NPCs."

I do enjoy the Coli but I'd like to do more than endlessly grind while catching up on my shows.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind

I'd definitely enjoy interaction with NPCs and stuff since we have so few of them in the game otherwise that we get a chance to interact with
@Nightwind

I'd definitely enjoy interaction with NPCs and stuff since we have so few of them in the game otherwise that we get a chance to interact with
★ Kaiju's Art ★
Full support forever!
Full support forever!
Ljw7JvQ.pngchoose_by_myserpentine-d9d2f6x.png