Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne
1 2 ... 438 439 440 441 442 ... 451 452
I battled as much as I could, got a bunch of chests, and they didn't have a single Nocturne. One had a familiar, and the rest had food or trinkets.
I battled as much as I could, got a bunch of chests, and they didn't have a single Nocturne. One had a familiar, and the rest had food or trinkets.
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
^Seleya, agree with that as well.

I was lucky to be able to play this game at work (we have been dead for the holidays). That's eight hours of pure clicking to get what I managed to get, plus playing at home.

Not really healthy to do, even though there was nothing else to do at the time. Plus, I really have a drive for collecting things...
^Seleya, agree with that as well.

I was lucky to be able to play this game at work (we have been dead for the holidays). That's eight hours of pure clicking to get what I managed to get, plus playing at home.

Not really healthy to do, even though there was nothing else to do at the time. Plus, I really have a drive for collecting things...
I'm going to guess I opened about 1800 chests, give or take a couple hundred. From those, I got...

3 Nocturne Eggs
1 Ectoplasmime
1 Graveyard Guardian
1 Livewire Grizzly
1 Magma Embear
2 Snarling Mimics

*edit- So 1 drop for about every 200 chests

The only fake bear I own I got because my boyfriend had 3 spares from his chests, and gave me one, along with the regular arcane bear. Other than that, I didn't get a single fake bear, let alone one of the ones I wanted most. And don't get me started on the painful droprate of the eggs. (I wouldn't even believe the scrolls existed if not for seeing them in the AH.)

I liked the event generally, but for that many chests to yield such a tiny amount of drops is just a bit too ridiculous for me. :( I've gotten certain drops in World of Warcraft faster than I got good drops from this event, and with some of those, I get 1 try, and have to wait at least 24 hours before getting to attempt it again. If that doesn't say something about drop rates, I don't know what will. :/
I'm going to guess I opened about 1800 chests, give or take a couple hundred. From those, I got...

3 Nocturne Eggs
1 Ectoplasmime
1 Graveyard Guardian
1 Livewire Grizzly
1 Magma Embear
2 Snarling Mimics

*edit- So 1 drop for about every 200 chests

The only fake bear I own I got because my boyfriend had 3 spares from his chests, and gave me one, along with the regular arcane bear. Other than that, I didn't get a single fake bear, let alone one of the ones I wanted most. And don't get me started on the painful droprate of the eggs. (I wouldn't even believe the scrolls existed if not for seeing them in the AH.)

I liked the event generally, but for that many chests to yield such a tiny amount of drops is just a bit too ridiculous for me. :( I've gotten certain drops in World of Warcraft faster than I got good drops from this event, and with some of those, I get 1 try, and have to wait at least 24 hours before getting to attempt it again. If that doesn't say something about drop rates, I don't know what will. :/
I loved the event, but I think it *could* have been helpful to be able to open all the boxes you had at once. Opening 200-300 at a time and sometimes up to 600 was extremely stressful after awhile and I would've preferred to just click a single button and see all my loot since obtaining was the time consuming part.

I really enjoyed collecting all the chests and how many there were though. Getting one almost each time you battled was a blast and kept me doing it.

I managed to get a scroll and 3 eggs, some familiars. Far lost count of how many chests, well over 2000 though.
I loved the event, but I think it *could* have been helpful to be able to open all the boxes you had at once. Opening 200-300 at a time and sometimes up to 600 was extremely stressful after awhile and I would've preferred to just click a single button and see all my loot since obtaining was the time consuming part.

I really enjoyed collecting all the chests and how many there were though. Getting one almost each time you battled was a blast and kept me doing it.

I managed to get a scroll and 3 eggs, some familiars. Far lost count of how many chests, well over 2000 though.
arcane.gif
After thousands of chests farmed, I wound up with several of the same Mimic and a bunch of Starbears. I had to buy everything else. My partner used a few turns a day on Digging and got three eggs, two mimics, three fake bears, and a scroll.

That's really discouraging and doesn't make me ever want to participate in an event like this again. Drop rates need to be increased to make effort feel worth it.
After thousands of chests farmed, I wound up with several of the same Mimic and a bunch of Starbears. I had to buy everything else. My partner used a few turns a day on Digging and got three eggs, two mimics, three fake bears, and a scroll.

That's really discouraging and doesn't make me ever want to participate in an event like this again. Drop rates need to be increased to make effort feel worth it.
1WaPPyd.png

divider by irithyll
@Russa You are completely right on the matter.
Problem is, that it was a precise move for randomisation of the RNG at work. Meaning, to make sure that your luck is not based o how many chests you opened but pure luck of chance.
Your suggestion should have been a better solution => Hard work means reward. But that is not how all of this went.
@Russa You are completely right on the matter.
Problem is, that it was a precise move for randomisation of the RNG at work. Meaning, to make sure that your luck is not based o how many chests you opened but pure luck of chance.
Your suggestion should have been a better solution => Hard work means reward. But that is not how all of this went.
thanks a lot. i didn't even get to see that post and lost 46 chests. >.< Different time zone, peeps! thanks for nothing...
thanks a lot. i didn't even get to see that post and lost 46 chests. >.< Different time zone, peeps! thanks for nothing...
tDeKDnH.pngsGxABHj.png
[quote name="sc0urge" date="2015-01-05 02:40:55"]So do we have solid confirmation that the fake bears will be back at some point? Should I not rush out and buy them all now?[/quote] Yep, that was confirmed at some point. I'm not going to dig through all of these pages to find the post, though. Might've even been an another thread.. Both fake and real bears will be back next year. Though they'll be rarer since there'll be more familiars by then.
sc0urge wrote on 2015-01-05 02:40:55:
So do we have solid confirmation that the fake bears will be back at some point? Should I not rush out and buy them all now?
Yep, that was confirmed at some point. I'm not going to dig through all of these pages to find the post, though. Might've even been an another thread..

Both fake and real bears will be back next year. Though they'll be rarer since there'll be more familiars by then.
I ended up just buying a dragon from the auction house. No amount of chests I got gave me anything but food and puppets. Didn't get any eggs or familiars. Was quite disappointed but hey ho!
I ended up just buying a dragon from the auction house. No amount of chests I got gave me anything but food and puppets. Didn't get any eggs or familiars. Was quite disappointed but hey ho!
It's finally over! Thank God.
It's finally over! Thank God.
tumblr_nafi5zrY3i1tfzajgo1_500.gif
1 2 ... 438 439 440 441 442 ... 451 452