Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne
1 2 ... 440 441 442 443 444 ... 451 452
Yo wait what I thought the chests were unopenable starting tomorrow?? Like at rollover tonight?? D8

(please let them be openable next year, i guess... baaawww....)
Yo wait what I thought the chests were unopenable starting tomorrow?? Like at rollover tonight?? D8

(please let them be openable next year, i guess... baaawww....)
ijcaSw5.gif 24e24jq.jpg tumblr_nu9dc9lcB81u8p7yoo7_100.png
Sigh. I opened 2k+ chests... and ended up with 2 eggs and about 7 familiars. On the bright side, I purchased quite a few nocturnes.
Sigh. I opened 2k+ chests... and ended up with 2 eggs and about 7 familiars. On the bright side, I purchased quite a few nocturnes.
UqN4jFQ.png
@celelorien I'm guessing you're talking to me?

I don't have any strange chests. I have the chest familiars
Snarl
Ecto
Lockjaws
@celelorien I'm guessing you're talking to me?

I don't have any strange chests. I have the chest familiars
Snarl
Ecto
Lockjaws
8KRlx7p.png
@xSenkai Nnnnoo that was just a general "onoes" to the thread. I thought the chests would be done collecting yesterday, done opening today. Like, rollover yesterday was no more chest gathering and then rollover tonight would be the end of opening them so we had a day to trade. Sooo I'm just hoping the chests become re-openable next year.
@xSenkai Nnnnoo that was just a general "onoes" to the thread. I thought the chests would be done collecting yesterday, done opening today. Like, rollover yesterday was no more chest gathering and then rollover tonight would be the end of opening them so we had a day to trade. Sooo I'm just hoping the chests become re-openable next year.
ijcaSw5.gif 24e24jq.jpg tumblr_nu9dc9lcB81u8p7yoo7_100.png
@celelorien
If you currently have a chest in your possession, it has since turned to dust. The image hasn't changed but you may notice the name has. There's not point in keeping the chests now, they're dust and can't be opened later. Sorry!
@celelorien
If you currently have a chest in your possession, it has since turned to dust. The image hasn't changed but you may notice the name has. There's not point in keeping the chests now, they're dust and can't be opened later. Sorry!
tumblr_o1yjdegd3B1v15k4vo1_250.pngtumblr_o1yjdegd3B1v15k4vo2_250.pngc3kQRMf.png
Okay, so this event is done for this year. My experience from this?

I have gotten one Nocturne egg, two familiars and no scrolls. I opened a few hundred chests.

One of my friends has received two familiars and one Nocturne egg. (Unknown amount of chests)

And another one of my friends has received just a familiar in under 100 chests, but nothing else.

The chances on this event really varied for most people, even if someone spent all of their money on strange chests (which I admit I did), they could've gotten nothing. From all the chests I've bought in the auction house, they have given me nothing rare. Two chests from gathering gave me my nocturne egg and a fake bear familiar, and one chest from the Collesium has given me a strange mimic familiar.
Okay, so this event is done for this year. My experience from this?

I have gotten one Nocturne egg, two familiars and no scrolls. I opened a few hundred chests.

One of my friends has received two familiars and one Nocturne egg. (Unknown amount of chests)

And another one of my friends has received just a familiar in under 100 chests, but nothing else.

The chances on this event really varied for most people, even if someone spent all of their money on strange chests (which I admit I did), they could've gotten nothing. From all the chests I've bought in the auction house, they have given me nothing rare. Two chests from gathering gave me my nocturne egg and a fake bear familiar, and one chest from the Collesium has given me a strange mimic familiar.
@celelorien I'm glad I'm not the only one! I too thought that would be the case and I didn't have a chance to look at the front page for the clarification >< the original post in this thread with the info didn't make that very clear to me, either. I assumed "start becoming fragile" would mean they would be destroyed on rollover of the 6th as well...
@celelorien I'm glad I'm not the only one! I too thought that would be the case and I didn't have a chance to look at the front page for the clarification >< the original post in this thread with the info didn't make that very clear to me, either. I assumed "start becoming fragile" would mean they would be destroyed on rollover of the 6th as well...
hatchery_banner_fix.png
I agree that the language needed to be more clear. I also thought the "start becoming fragile" statement meant something like "they're later going to disappear so be careful"? They made it clear later on, which helped me a lot, but it should have been clear from the first post.

Things that I felt also needed to be clear:

What venues in the coli had Mimic monsters. I don't know if I was just unlucky, but many of the venues I tried never showed a single Mimic. Woodland Path, Scorched Forest, Arena, and Kelp Beds all had Mimic monsters when I tried them. All appeared at pretty much the same rate.

Then I went to grind in Bamboo Falls for a while, and the whole time I was there, not a single Mimic. I was there long enough to get quite a collection of familiars, including a rare one, but never did a Mimic appear. I tried on a few other levels as well and couldn't find a Mimic (I don't remember which ones these were, but I stayed for a while before going back to the Arena).

When the event first started, though, I was all over the forum trying to figure out where to grind. It would have helped if either it said "All Coliseum venues have Mimics" or "These venues are where you'll find Mimics!"

I do have to say that I'm glad the gathering areas were specified in the post for this. Specifically, because when the November turkey event was going on, I was too low level to fight in Boreal Wood, and could have used my high level gathering to try and find a turkey. Unfortunately, from everything I read, it never told you WHERE exactly to gather to find it? Maybe I missed it somehow, but I kept reading over the page and clicked the hyperlink they had on the word "gathering" (thinking it was an explanation) only to be brought to the gather page, with no idea where I was supposed to be searching. So I'm glad they clarified it this time.

I really hope these details are all clarified in any future events to prevent confusion and lost time.
I agree that the language needed to be more clear. I also thought the "start becoming fragile" statement meant something like "they're later going to disappear so be careful"? They made it clear later on, which helped me a lot, but it should have been clear from the first post.

Things that I felt also needed to be clear:

What venues in the coli had Mimic monsters. I don't know if I was just unlucky, but many of the venues I tried never showed a single Mimic. Woodland Path, Scorched Forest, Arena, and Kelp Beds all had Mimic monsters when I tried them. All appeared at pretty much the same rate.

Then I went to grind in Bamboo Falls for a while, and the whole time I was there, not a single Mimic. I was there long enough to get quite a collection of familiars, including a rare one, but never did a Mimic appear. I tried on a few other levels as well and couldn't find a Mimic (I don't remember which ones these were, but I stayed for a while before going back to the Arena).

When the event first started, though, I was all over the forum trying to figure out where to grind. It would have helped if either it said "All Coliseum venues have Mimics" or "These venues are where you'll find Mimics!"

I do have to say that I'm glad the gathering areas were specified in the post for this. Specifically, because when the November turkey event was going on, I was too low level to fight in Boreal Wood, and could have used my high level gathering to try and find a turkey. Unfortunately, from everything I read, it never told you WHERE exactly to gather to find it? Maybe I missed it somehow, but I kept reading over the page and clicked the hyperlink they had on the word "gathering" (thinking it was an explanation) only to be brought to the gather page, with no idea where I was supposed to be searching. So I'm glad they clarified it this time.

I really hope these details are all clarified in any future events to prevent confusion and lost time.
What is the name of the chest now? o.O

I don't have any unopened chests, i opened them all before rollover.

Nevermind, theyre called nocturnal dust, and 15k for one, ouch, i want one, but i dont want to pay 15k for one
What is the name of the chest now? o.O

I don't have any unopened chests, i opened them all before rollover.

Nevermind, theyre called nocturnal dust, and 15k for one, ouch, i want one, but i dont want to pay 15k for one
Ugh not even one nocturne scroll or egg. :/ I don't have enough treasure to get one. All I got was the lightning bear which I happen to hate. Just once can lick be on my side? Please?
Ugh not even one nocturne scroll or egg. :/ I don't have enough treasure to get one. All I got was the lightning bear which I happen to hate. Just once can lick be on my side? Please?
Ha I can't code… but I did a color! Does that count?
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EYsL4ga.gif[/IM[/img]
1 2 ... 440 441 442 443 444 ... 451 452