Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | suggest me some webcomics?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
what are some genres you prefer?? :) I have read soo many and am still reading many webcomics so I have a good list going!
what are some genres you prefer?? :) I have read soo many and am still reading many webcomics so I have a good list going!
Shadow_zps206beb20.jpg
These are the one's I'm reading now.

Accursed Dragon http://www.accurseddragon.com/index.php?date=2008-10-06
Banished http://www.banishedonline.com/index.php?date=2010-08-30
Pride of life http://www.prideoflife.com/pol/episode-01-cover/
These are the one's I'm reading now.

Accursed Dragon http://www.accurseddragon.com/index.php?date=2008-10-06
Banished http://www.banishedonline.com/index.php?date=2010-08-30
Pride of life http://www.prideoflife.com/pol/episode-01-cover/
sig_top2_by_soenkan-dbx7qvx.gif
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
I am probably going to repeat a whole bunch but OH WELL

The Phoenix Requiem (Completed)--pseudo-Victorian fantasy
Icarus (Completed)-- "this is a comic about two dudes who have no idea what the hell they're doing. kolya wants to fly, ptichka wants to go home, and neither of those things seem likely to happen"
The Muse Mentor--Mona is a notion trying to figure out what she's doing with her life
Thunderbird--a Western fairytale centering around the Thunderbird myths. Very pretty colors!
Prague Race--MONSTERS! Adorable. Creepy.
Delilah Dirk and the Turkish Lieutenant --swashbuckling lady thief accidentally kidnaps a minor Ottoman official. Wacky hijinks ensue.
Modus Operandi--Sad trash space prince marries wealthy socialite. His dad the emperor looks like handsome Elvis and flips tables.
Plume--Another western fantasy! This one has an enchanted jerk.
Stand Still, Stay Silent--I know this one has been rec'd before but it is SO GOOD
Hot Blood!--Same as above
Happle Tea--Cute little comic mostly about mythology.
Cucumber Quest--THIS IS THE CUTEST THING IN THE UNIVERSE!!
Nimona (Completed) -- a shape shifter and an evil genius cause shenanigans.
The Fox Sister--Korean folklore hrnngggg
Sfeer Theory--Pseudo-Victorian wizards! Pseudo-French Revolution!
Wilde Life--Man rents haunted house off of Craig's List (This is my favorite comic in the universe)
Platinum Black--By the same author of Manly Guys Doing Manly Things (which is also great). This one's pretty new but it's got a ton of world building and monsters and a socially awkward MMA-type fighter
Lackadaisy--Bootlegging. And cats.
I am probably going to repeat a whole bunch but OH WELL

The Phoenix Requiem (Completed)--pseudo-Victorian fantasy
Icarus (Completed)-- "this is a comic about two dudes who have no idea what the hell they're doing. kolya wants to fly, ptichka wants to go home, and neither of those things seem likely to happen"
The Muse Mentor--Mona is a notion trying to figure out what she's doing with her life
Thunderbird--a Western fairytale centering around the Thunderbird myths. Very pretty colors!
Prague Race--MONSTERS! Adorable. Creepy.
Delilah Dirk and the Turkish Lieutenant --swashbuckling lady thief accidentally kidnaps a minor Ottoman official. Wacky hijinks ensue.
Modus Operandi--Sad trash space prince marries wealthy socialite. His dad the emperor looks like handsome Elvis and flips tables.
Plume--Another western fantasy! This one has an enchanted jerk.
Stand Still, Stay Silent--I know this one has been rec'd before but it is SO GOOD
Hot Blood!--Same as above
Happle Tea--Cute little comic mostly about mythology.
Cucumber Quest--THIS IS THE CUTEST THING IN THE UNIVERSE!!
Nimona (Completed) -- a shape shifter and an evil genius cause shenanigans.
The Fox Sister--Korean folklore hrnngggg
Sfeer Theory--Pseudo-Victorian wizards! Pseudo-French Revolution!
Wilde Life--Man rents haunted house off of Craig's List (This is my favorite comic in the universe)
Platinum Black--By the same author of Manly Guys Doing Manly Things (which is also great). This one's pretty new but it's got a ton of world building and monsters and a socially awkward MMA-type fighter
Lackadaisy--Bootlegging. And cats.
tumblr_inline_mv3akeJbfn1r9ywrd.png
Lady Skylark- an adventure-filled steampunk story with really nice artwork. One of my friends actually writes it :> Highly recommend.
Hanna is Not a Boy's Name- MY SUN AND STARS. THIS IS MY FAVORITE WEBCOMIC OF ALL TIME AND IM REALLY PASSIONATE ABOUT IT. The website it used to be on is crashed indefinitely, but theres a tumblr called hinabnontumblargh or something like that with all of it on there.
Lady Skylark- an adventure-filled steampunk story with really nice artwork. One of my friends actually writes it :> Highly recommend.
Hanna is Not a Boy's Name- MY SUN AND STARS. THIS IS MY FAVORITE WEBCOMIC OF ALL TIME AND IM REALLY PASSIONATE ABOUT IT. The website it used to be on is crashed indefinitely, but theres a tumblr called hinabnontumblargh or something like that with all of it on there.
iRmtDmg.jpg sVoWiFc.jpg
I went through this thread in detail to make sure SOMEONE had rec'd Unsounded. Fortunately several people did, so yay!

I may possibly have a dragon named after the main character.
I went through this thread in detail to make sure SOMEONE had rec'd Unsounded. Fortunately several people did, so yay!

I may possibly have a dragon named after the main character.
_back_day.png
So this thread is 9 pages long and I don't have time to sift through them :(
I'm just looking for character based webcomics like TJ and Amal or something like Paranatural to read over December?
So this thread is 9 pages long and I don't have time to sift through them :(
I'm just looking for character based webcomics like TJ and Amal or something like Paranatural to read over December?
i'm surprised no one has mentioned as the crow flies! it's a really gorgeous comic, though i don't think it's updated in a while.

i read a lot of comics and would definitely second a ton that i've seen here (especially paranatural), but here are some great ones i don't think i saw mentioned:

-h&j (sort of like sherlock and holmes, diverse cast, currently on hiatus)
-house of orr (fantasy, deals with guilds, really nice characters and worldbuilding)
-shadoweyes (superhero struggling with morals in a corrupt city, diverse cast, unsure if it's still updating online, but if you like what you see there are books for sale)

@belenes you should try demon street, or todd allison and the petunia violet!
i'm surprised no one has mentioned as the crow flies! it's a really gorgeous comic, though i don't think it's updated in a while.

i read a lot of comics and would definitely second a ton that i've seen here (especially paranatural), but here are some great ones i don't think i saw mentioned:

-h&j (sort of like sherlock and holmes, diverse cast, currently on hiatus)
-house of orr (fantasy, deals with guilds, really nice characters and worldbuilding)
-shadoweyes (superhero struggling with morals in a corrupt city, diverse cast, unsure if it's still updating online, but if you like what you see there are books for sale)

@belenes you should try demon street, or todd allison and the petunia violet!
IqUuYG1.png

There are quite a few that I have saved, so I'll try giving summaries for the ones i list so you can shift to see which ones you would have more interest in

1. Blind Springs, a girl Tamara is a princess from a family that's made a deal with spirits in order to keep things at peace. Her family was killed, and the spirits were kind to make a new deal with her in order to keep her and her sister alive, keeping her alive but missing in a forest for around 600 years.
  2. Monster Pulse, Bina basically finds a ghost like creature, which basically makes her heart come out of her chest and becomes a monster of its own, and finds people who have similar situations happen to them.
  3. Avas demon, though this webcomic is already pretty well known, Avas demon is pretty much about making deals with a ghost that's been with her for her whole life in order to get a new start in life after having her planet destroyed. Pretty good read.

There are quite a few that I have saved, so I'll try giving summaries for the ones i list so you can shift to see which ones you would have more interest in

1. Blind Springs, a girl Tamara is a princess from a family that's made a deal with spirits in order to keep things at peace. Her family was killed, and the spirits were kind to make a new deal with her in order to keep her and her sister alive, keeping her alive but missing in a forest for around 600 years.
  2. Monster Pulse, Bina basically finds a ghost like creature, which basically makes her heart come out of her chest and becomes a monster of its own, and finds people who have similar situations happen to them.
  3. Avas demon, though this webcomic is already pretty well known, Avas demon is pretty much about making deals with a ghost that's been with her for her whole life in order to get a new start in life after having her planet destroyed. Pretty good read.
qjpdGiu.jpg
@creepyknees THANK YOU. They seem right up my alley. Bookmarked!
@creepyknees THANK YOU. They seem right up my alley. Bookmarked!
Girl genius: steampunk lady has sidekicks, goes on adventures. old.
skindeep: people, but actually mythical beasts that look like humans sometimes.
dmfa: old, no human characters. starts out as a joke comic before growing a plotline and worldbuilding.
The whiteboard: a polar bear runs a paintball shop. shenanigans ensue. /very/ old.

all of these are still updating.
Girl genius: steampunk lady has sidekicks, goes on adventures. old.
skindeep: people, but actually mythical beasts that look like humans sometimes.
dmfa: old, no human characters. starts out as a joke comic before growing a plotline and worldbuilding.
The whiteboard: a polar bear runs a paintball shop. shenanigans ensue. /very/ old.

all of these are still updating.
tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.giftumblr_o27racORXO1u3wsjco6_250.pngtumblr_inline_n6kdukB9pN1qlye38.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10