Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Sleeper's Den, aka Dragon Storage.
1 2
Although I myself am quite new here, I've already found many Dragons that I care for. That being said, I have plans for my Brood in which many will not be needed. I don't want to Auction them off for Treasure and Gems, Exalt them to serve under our Flight God, or trade them away to another's care.

I like the idea of a place they can stay in peace, like a Den away from the Lair where they can 'sleep' as long as they wish. This will not only allow players to hold on to dear dragons, but it will also provide more space in the case of an overflowing lair. It'd be expandable if needed and an open door to new, subtle possibilities for gameplay.

If you Support or Disagree, please speak your thoughts in the Comments.
Although I myself am quite new here, I've already found many Dragons that I care for. That being said, I have plans for my Brood in which many will not be needed. I don't want to Auction them off for Treasure and Gems, Exalt them to serve under our Flight God, or trade them away to another's care.

I like the idea of a place they can stay in peace, like a Den away from the Lair where they can 'sleep' as long as they wish. This will not only allow players to hold on to dear dragons, but it will also provide more space in the case of an overflowing lair. It'd be expandable if needed and an open door to new, subtle possibilities for gameplay.

If you Support or Disagree, please speak your thoughts in the Comments.
I support this! i have too many dragons that i don't want to sell or exalt. this idea could work like the vault, where the dragons you put in there can't be used for anything until you take them back out.
I support this! i have too many dragons that i don't want to sell or exalt. this idea could work like the vault, where the dragons you put in there can't be used for anything until you take them back out.
tumblr_inline_nfx4qkzLCB1r6zydg.png
No support.

If you don't have the space for a dragon, you don't need the dragon. Having a way to store dragons without needing to buy lair space takes away one of the biggest treasure sinks the site has. Plus, it will also will lower the amount of dragons being exalted since people can just keep tons of dragons without any penalty and, since the dragon population is out of control as it is, anything that will discourage exalting is not a good thing.

An example I only have space for 35 dragons and I have a nest on the way. Either I exalt the dragons I currently have and make room or I just don't hatch the nest and don't breed anymore. To add four dragons onto the site, I'm going to have to remove four dragons from the site. But if I had a "storage," then I could keep my four dragons while adding four more. So it's +4 dragons vs +8 dragons.

Not even to mention the problems that arise with breeding and just swapping out dragons every time you want to breed and have even more nests being produced than what you should have space for.
No support.

If you don't have the space for a dragon, you don't need the dragon. Having a way to store dragons without needing to buy lair space takes away one of the biggest treasure sinks the site has. Plus, it will also will lower the amount of dragons being exalted since people can just keep tons of dragons without any penalty and, since the dragon population is out of control as it is, anything that will discourage exalting is not a good thing.

An example I only have space for 35 dragons and I have a nest on the way. Either I exalt the dragons I currently have and make room or I just don't hatch the nest and don't breed anymore. To add four dragons onto the site, I'm going to have to remove four dragons from the site. But if I had a "storage," then I could keep my four dragons while adding four more. So it's +4 dragons vs +8 dragons.

Not even to mention the problems that arise with breeding and just swapping out dragons every time you want to breed and have even more nests being produced than what you should have space for.
Make this tiny goat a familiar.
Micro Goat
I support this, too. I like the idea of having an extra space for the dragons that you're not "using" at the moment (they're not part of your current project), but you want them to stay in your clan. I also like the idea of it being a kind of vault, but I was wondering if other people could see your dragons in there or not? I'd prefer if they could be seen but what do you think, @Kyrieleandra?
I support this, too. I like the idea of having an extra space for the dragons that you're not "using" at the moment (they're not part of your current project), but you want them to stay in your clan. I also like the idea of it being a kind of vault, but I was wondering if other people could see your dragons in there or not? I'd prefer if they could be seen but what do you think, @Kyrieleandra?
I rent my nest to all flights (It's free. Tips are always welcome but not necessary). I also train dragons for a fee (be it exalt fodder or else). Here is the post with more information :) (The training part is in hiatus)

LF hatcheries from Earth and Shadow for dragons matching the F Bears!
I'd only support this if it's not available until after the lair is fully expanded; otherwise it would likely be used as a means of cheap storage and bypassing the need for lair expansions which help remove a good chunk of treasure from the game. For example: My next expansion is 650,000; lets say I have a nest I need to hatch and no room. I could pop several dragons into the sleeper's den and hatch the nest.

Once the lair is fully expanded, sure why not? It provide space for those who like collecting dragons
I'd only support this if it's not available until after the lair is fully expanded; otherwise it would likely be used as a means of cheap storage and bypassing the need for lair expansions which help remove a good chunk of treasure from the game. For example: My next expansion is 650,000; lets say I have a nest I need to hatch and no room. I could pop several dragons into the sleeper's den and hatch the nest.

Once the lair is fully expanded, sure why not? It provide space for those who like collecting dragons
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2014-11-20 13:51:05"]I'd only support this if it's not available until after the lair is fully expanded; otherwise it would likely be used as a means of cheap storage and bypassing the need for lair expansions which help remove a good chunk of treasure from the game. For example: My next expansion is 650,000; lets say I have a nest I need to hatch and no room. I could pop several dragons into the sleeper's den and hatch the nest. Once the lair is fully expanded, sure why not? It provide space for those who like collecting dragons[/quote]
DragonSage wrote on 2014-11-20 13:51:05:

Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
Oh, I thought that the dent would work like the lair so you'd have to pay for expansions on the dent, too. But I like the idea of having a time limit, not so much that you have to have the lair fully expanded because I find it too expensive so the dent would only be available to people who have been on the site longer.
Oh, I thought that the dent would work like the lair so you'd have to pay for expansions on the dent, too. But I like the idea of having a time limit, not so much that you have to have the lair fully expanded because I find it too expensive so the dent would only be available to people who have been on the site longer.
I rent my nest to all flights (It's free. Tips are always welcome but not necessary). I also train dragons for a fee (be it exalt fodder or else). Here is the post with more information :) (The training part is in hiatus)

@alienass even if you have to pay for expansions of the den, it could be used to avoid paying the lair expansion fee. My next expansion is 650,000 I still have that nest I need to hatch and no room. Lets say it costs 100,000 to unlock a basic sleeping den with five spaces. That's far less expensive than a full nest expension; therefore I pay that and avoid having to expand my lair. I can then pop several dragons into the sleeper's den and hatch the nest. Next clutch comes around, still no room in my lair, hey look it's only 10,000 for another 5 spots in the sleeper den, again I avoid the lair expansion.

The only way I'll support a sleeper den is if the lair has been fully expanded to avoid people using the sleeper den as a way around the more expensive lair expansions.
@alienass even if you have to pay for expansions of the den, it could be used to avoid paying the lair expansion fee. My next expansion is 650,000 I still have that nest I need to hatch and no room. Lets say it costs 100,000 to unlock a basic sleeping den with five spaces. That's far less expensive than a full nest expension; therefore I pay that and avoid having to expand my lair. I can then pop several dragons into the sleeper's den and hatch the nest. Next clutch comes around, still no room in my lair, hey look it's only 10,000 for another 5 spots in the sleeper den, again I avoid the lair expansion.

The only way I'll support a sleeper den is if the lair has been fully expanded to avoid people using the sleeper den as a way around the more expensive lair expansions.
@DragonSage I'm sorry but I don't see why it would be a problem if people'd use it to avoid paying for an expansion of the lair. Can you explain it to me? (If it's no trouble)
@DragonSage I'm sorry but I don't see why it would be a problem if people'd use it to avoid paying for an expansion of the lair. Can you explain it to me? (If it's no trouble)

@alienass lair expansions are one of the biggest treasure sinks in the game. Treasure sinks are vital to a game's economy as they are the way to remove treasure from circulation. This is necessary to prevent inflation which can ruin a game's economy.

The total amount of treasure in the game is always increasing as it is being added by exalting, by games, by hoard selling, by daily bonuses, etc. The more treasure there is in a game's economy the less buying power each individual bit of treasure has. Lets say currently 1,000 buys you 10 Java Sparrows. If prices inflate because the purchasing power of treasure drops, that same 1,000 T might now only buy you 5 Java Sparrows.
@alienass lair expansions are one of the biggest treasure sinks in the game. Treasure sinks are vital to a game's economy as they are the way to remove treasure from circulation. This is necessary to prevent inflation which can ruin a game's economy.

The total amount of treasure in the game is always increasing as it is being added by exalting, by games, by hoard selling, by daily bonuses, etc. The more treasure there is in a game's economy the less buying power each individual bit of treasure has. Lets say currently 1,000 buys you 10 Java Sparrows. If prices inflate because the purchasing power of treasure drops, that same 1,000 T might now only buy you 5 Java Sparrows.
1 2