Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Sleeper's Den, aka Dragon Storage.
1 2
@DragonSage Thank you, I understand now. But if, for instance, the expansion price of the dent grew too with each expansion as it happens with the lair one and it gave less slots (for example, one dent expansion gives you only three slots), wouldn't it solve the problem?
@DragonSage Thank you, I understand now. But if, for instance, the expansion price of the dent grew too with each expansion as it happens with the lair one and it gave less slots (for example, one dent expansion gives you only three slots), wouldn't it solve the problem?
I rent my nest to all flights (It's free. Tips are always welcome but not necessary). I also train dragons for a fee (be it exalt fodder or else). Here is the post with more information :) (The training part is in hiatus)

LF hatcheries from Earth and Shadow for dragons matching the F Bears!
No support. You don't need that many dragons if you cannot afford expansions
No support. You don't need that many dragons if you cannot afford expansions
No support-- part of the game mechanics involve the lair space expansions, as well as the cost to feed dragons. Like some others here have said, if you can't afford to keep that dragon, you don't need that dragon.
No support-- part of the game mechanics involve the lair space expansions, as well as the cost to feed dragons. Like some others here have said, if you can't afford to keep that dragon, you don't need that dragon.
w73gIsp.png
In many cases no because players would use the cheapest option avaialbe, which means less treasure taken out.

For example I generally try to keep 25 extra lair spaces for dragons I hatch (I hatch a nest a day and level and exalt the hatchlings one they age up, if they haven't sold by that time). I currently 77 permant dragons so ideally I'd like 102 lair spaces (so that would be 105 since lairs are expanded by 5 each time) I currently have 90 lair spaces. I need 15 more to be safe. That would be three more expansions (which would add up to 2,425,000 T)

If the den was allowed to be used before fully expanded and if we use 3 slots for each expansion, and each new expansion in the den costs 50,000 more than the previous:
100,000 - to unlock a basic den with three slots
150,000 - expand den (now there's six slots total)
200,000 - expand den (9 slots total)
250,000 - expand den (12 slots total)
300,000 - expand den (15 slots total)
For a total of 1,000,000 (1,425,000 T less than my lair expansions)

If you are going to create more lair space, it should only be after you've maxed you lair; in part because it will encourage more treasure removed overall and in part because why should you get storage for dragons when you already have the potential to expand? If you've already fully expanded, this would allow you more space and also allow you to remove even more treasure from the game.

One of the reasons behind the expenses in lair expansions (beyond being a treasure sink) is because active (as in a non exalted dragon) takes up more server space than an exalted dragon due to the data needed. A 'sleeping' dragon would still have all the data of an active dragon. The high costs help deter players from keeping dragons they don't really want; those unwanted dragons usually get exalted, thus saving on server space.
In many cases no because players would use the cheapest option avaialbe, which means less treasure taken out.

For example I generally try to keep 25 extra lair spaces for dragons I hatch (I hatch a nest a day and level and exalt the hatchlings one they age up, if they haven't sold by that time). I currently 77 permant dragons so ideally I'd like 102 lair spaces (so that would be 105 since lairs are expanded by 5 each time) I currently have 90 lair spaces. I need 15 more to be safe. That would be three more expansions (which would add up to 2,425,000 T)

If the den was allowed to be used before fully expanded and if we use 3 slots for each expansion, and each new expansion in the den costs 50,000 more than the previous:
100,000 - to unlock a basic den with three slots
150,000 - expand den (now there's six slots total)
200,000 - expand den (9 slots total)
250,000 - expand den (12 slots total)
300,000 - expand den (15 slots total)
For a total of 1,000,000 (1,425,000 T less than my lair expansions)

If you are going to create more lair space, it should only be after you've maxed you lair; in part because it will encourage more treasure removed overall and in part because why should you get storage for dragons when you already have the potential to expand? If you've already fully expanded, this would allow you more space and also allow you to remove even more treasure from the game.

One of the reasons behind the expenses in lair expansions (beyond being a treasure sink) is because active (as in a non exalted dragon) takes up more server space than an exalted dragon due to the data needed. A 'sleeping' dragon would still have all the data of an active dragon. The high costs help deter players from keeping dragons they don't really want; those unwanted dragons usually get exalted, thus saving on server space.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Support. A small, maybe 5 dragon, hibernation cave or something would be very helpful. It would take dragons out of breeding circulation, halt their timers, and essentially freeze them in stasis until the user wants to pull them out.

It would be helpful for people doing challenges, or who are maybe holding other's dragons and don't want to do something by accident.

Essentially a Vault for dragons.
Support. A small, maybe 5 dragon, hibernation cave or something would be very helpful. It would take dragons out of breeding circulation, halt their timers, and essentially freeze them in stasis until the user wants to pull them out.

It would be helpful for people doing challenges, or who are maybe holding other's dragons and don't want to do something by accident.

Essentially a Vault for dragons.
rIxOVnO.pngdQDtyBL.pngGaCoVKV.pngnJW9Vjy.png
@DragonSage Thank you for the explanation :) I still like the idea of a dent, but I think that if it were to be made it should be with your concerns in mind.
@DragonSage Thank you for the explanation :) I still like the idea of a dent, but I think that if it were to be made it should be with your concerns in mind.
I rent my nest to all flights (It's free. Tips are always welcome but not necessary). I also train dragons for a fee (be it exalt fodder or else). Here is the post with more information :) (The training part is in hiatus)

LF hatcheries from Earth and Shadow for dragons matching the F Bears!
Little support, though I think that the idea of only having this open for users that have expanded to the max is good, I've got another idea. Perhaps we can treat this as a hotel for our dragons. Now we all know that we all pay a little bit of something per day as we stay in a hotel. Phone about we adapt that here, so for every one week ( day? Month? Or whatever time slot is placed ) you'll have to pay a certain fee. And that's just one per dragon, so perhaps that can solve the economy thing. But that's just me thinking randomly here and there.
Little support, though I think that the idea of only having this open for users that have expanded to the max is good, I've got another idea. Perhaps we can treat this as a hotel for our dragons. Now we all know that we all pay a little bit of something per day as we stay in a hotel. Phone about we adapt that here, so for every one week ( day? Month? Or whatever time slot is placed ) you'll have to pay a certain fee. And that's just one per dragon, so perhaps that can solve the economy thing. But that's just me thinking randomly here and there.
8atStKf.png8KhZull.png
No support.

Instead, to provide a treasure sink and preserve the value of treasure, there should no longer be a cap to how far you can expand your lair, with further increasing costs for more lair places.

There are times where you can't "gotta catch them all" and need to decide who to keep and who to exalt. Exalting in itself is not a bad thing, but the lack of motivation to exalt is the reason why dragons fell so deep in prices.

A "Dragon Storage" will be more detrimental to the game as it not only facilitates breeding plans, but also brings more hatchies to the world, thus lowering their value even more, thanks to the lack of need of more space.

Really, if you can't afford more lair space, then wait and farm treasure or buy gems and exchange them for treasure to other players. Dragon Storage is not the way to go about it, but infinite expandability of the lair is.
No support.

Instead, to provide a treasure sink and preserve the value of treasure, there should no longer be a cap to how far you can expand your lair, with further increasing costs for more lair places.

There are times where you can't "gotta catch them all" and need to decide who to keep and who to exalt. Exalting in itself is not a bad thing, but the lack of motivation to exalt is the reason why dragons fell so deep in prices.

A "Dragon Storage" will be more detrimental to the game as it not only facilitates breeding plans, but also brings more hatchies to the world, thus lowering their value even more, thanks to the lack of need of more space.

Really, if you can't afford more lair space, then wait and farm treasure or buy gems and exchange them for treasure to other players. Dragon Storage is not the way to go about it, but infinite expandability of the lair is.
In pinging me I assume consent to be pinged back. This is because I disabled signature display (too many intrusive banners)
Solar stance time difference: +9 Hours FRT

My avatar
No support. As others have said before, this is a cop out to actually expanding your lair and also discouraging exalting. Plus, it means more and more full data is going to be stored on the servers (while exalted dragons have little more than their clan, genes, color, gender and specie saved), thus bogging down the servers more and more. This puts us a step backward toward open registration, and we already have hundreds of real people on the outside looking in.

If the concern is keeping a dragon you like that you don't breed and thus said dragon feels "useless," Dragonsage has a great suggestion thread somewhere called "Give dragons a purpose beyond breeding." Essentially, it allows for dragons to go on quests or get jobs or do various activities that gives them a small cooldown, but provides alternative activities for users to do with non-breeding keeper dragons. Or with breeding dragons, thus reducing the saturated dragon market.
No support. As others have said before, this is a cop out to actually expanding your lair and also discouraging exalting. Plus, it means more and more full data is going to be stored on the servers (while exalted dragons have little more than their clan, genes, color, gender and specie saved), thus bogging down the servers more and more. This puts us a step backward toward open registration, and we already have hundreds of real people on the outside looking in.

If the concern is keeping a dragon you like that you don't breed and thus said dragon feels "useless," Dragonsage has a great suggestion thread somewhere called "Give dragons a purpose beyond breeding." Essentially, it allows for dragons to go on quests or get jobs or do various activities that gives them a small cooldown, but provides alternative activities for users to do with non-breeding keeper dragons. Or with breeding dragons, thus reducing the saturated dragon market.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
No support.

I would like a permanent dragon retirement within-lair. They won't be breedable and therefore won't be increasing the population, but you can keep the still, like a gallery of sorts.
No support.

I would like a permanent dragon retirement within-lair. They won't be breedable and therefore won't be increasing the population, but you can keep the still, like a gallery of sorts.
tumblr_inline_nkv3lxj0hb1qg2i5p.png CALL
1-800
Crystalbelly
NOW!!!

#AllTheRainbows
#ClickHereForMore
1 2