Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Spines Gene
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 61 62
The new gene looks so cool!
The new gene looks so cool!
tumblr_mzm9z4zqfF1rnvb0co1_500.gif
[quote name="Draketeeth" date="2014-11-10 16:37:19"][quote name="nika" date="2014-11-10 16:10:15"]Ngh, when I first saw the gene preview/name I really REALLY hoped it would just color the dragons' existing spikes/horns/fins/whatever. That would have made me so happy. /cry[/quote] [quote name="sawataris" date="2014-11-10 15:54:13"]If it colored the spines that were actually there (and either added them or colored something else on dragons without them) I'd be very interested.[/quote] This was my thought as well. I was very excited for breeds that already had existing spines, and now there would be a gene that colored those parts of the dragon, for example the first thing that popped into my head was the spines on a guardian and maybe the horns would become the tert color, and the fingernails on their wings. For breeds that didn't have spines already, the addition of spines would the occur. To discover that it adds [i]more[/i] spines to breeds that already had spines is . . . puzzling to me. As for what it does on faes? [quote name="SystemError" date="2014-11-10 15:59:13"]Spines = practically not even noticeable. :/ Bigger/thicker/longer spines, please?[/quote] [quote name="kanamine" date="2014-11-10 16:00:40"]I'm excited about new terts! It seems a little pricey for how quiet it is overall, however. It adds a nice subtle look, though I do wish it also included coloring on a dragon's actual horns and ridges. Imagine Ridgebacks with the tert color applied to that, or the horns on a snapper! [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/axPdBRV.png[/IMG] As is, I don't know if I'd drop 190k on it.[/quote] I am also in the boat with people who like it because it's not totally plastered over the top of everything and works with the overall design of the dragon. It's like underbelly in that respect. Tert colors that can't do the larger marks now have this more subtle way of expressing that third gene coloration. [quote name="Venezia" date="2014-11-10 16:14:26"]I like this gene. It allows a lot more cool combinations with colors that might not look good otherwise. I went through my whole lair to see what it would look good on and it look good on everyone! (with some exceptions like bright spines on dark dragons those probably won't get the gene).[/quote] [quote name="Papermonkey" date="2014-11-10 15:54:25"]Oh my Glittermom! A small and subtle tert gene that actually works even on dragons who otherwise look horrible with their terts! Aw yisssssssss![/quote] Still, I don't know if it makes enough of an impression in the work-well-with-most-designs department to outweigh the fact it completely ignored existing body features, and may very well become an issue in skins and accents. A golden opportunity was missed on that snapper quoted above.[/quote] Everything I wanted to say… so I'm just going to quote it like a jerk. Was soooo excited, but then it was tarnished by the ridiculousity of ridgebacks with additional tiny spines. I mean… what?
Draketeeth wrote on 2014-11-10 16:37:19:
nika wrote on 2014-11-10 16:10:15:
Ngh, when I first saw the gene preview/name I really REALLY hoped it would just color the dragons' existing spikes/horns/fins/whatever. That would have made me so happy. /cry
sawataris wrote on 2014-11-10 15:54:13:
If it colored the spines that were actually there (and either added them or colored something else on dragons without them) I'd be very interested.
This was my thought as well. I was very excited for breeds that already had existing spines, and now there would be a gene that colored those parts of the dragon, for example the first thing that popped into my head was the spines on a guardian and maybe the horns would become the tert color, and the fingernails on their wings. For breeds that didn't have spines already, the addition of spines would the occur. To discover that it adds more spines to breeds that already had spines is . . . puzzling to me.

As for what it does on faes?
SystemError wrote on 2014-11-10 15:59:13:
Spines = practically not even noticeable. :/ Bigger/thicker/longer spines, please?
kanamine wrote on 2014-11-10 16:00:40:
I'm excited about new terts! It seems a little pricey for how quiet it is overall, however.

It adds a nice subtle look, though I do wish it also included coloring on a dragon's actual horns and ridges. Imagine Ridgebacks with the tert color applied to that, or the horns on a snapper!

axPdBRV.png

As is, I don't know if I'd drop 190k on it.

I am also in the boat with people who like it because it's not totally plastered over the top of everything and works with the overall design of the dragon. It's like underbelly in that respect. Tert colors that can't do the larger marks now have this more subtle way of expressing that third gene coloration.
Venezia wrote on 2014-11-10 16:14:26:
I like this gene. It allows a lot more cool combinations with colors that might not look good otherwise. I went through my whole lair to see what it would look good on and it look good on everyone! (with some exceptions like bright spines on dark dragons those probably won't get the gene).
Papermonkey wrote on 2014-11-10 15:54:25:
Oh my Glittermom! A small and subtle tert gene that actually works even on dragons who otherwise look horrible with their terts! Aw yisssssssss!

Still, I don't know if it makes enough of an impression in the work-well-with-most-designs department to outweigh the fact it completely ignored existing body features, and may very well become an issue in skins and accents. A golden opportunity was missed on that snapper quoted above.
Everything I wanted to say… so I'm just going to quote it like a jerk.

Was soooo excited, but then it was tarnished by the ridiculousity of ridgebacks with additional tiny spines. I mean… what?
Neat. I wish the spines were bigger, though...
Neat. I wish the spines were bigger, though...
I might treat one of my female skydancers to the new gene although it doesn't show up that well on triples and almost all my dragons ARE triples!
I might treat one of my female skydancers to the new gene although it doesn't show up that well on triples and almost all my dragons ARE triples!
April showers bring forth May flowers
I love those spines! A bit small though... But they look awesome on Mirrors!
I love those spines! A bit small though... But they look awesome on Mirrors!
maGaaTX.png Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come.
-Revelation 4: 8b
W1ufEjp.png
Microgoat? Must have microgoats!
Microgoat? Must have microgoats!
177499lightofknowledge2.png
woah NICE GENE
woah NICE GENE
ZC2TB9H.png93Yl0PJ.pngvWYjbLO.png
I'm gonna be completely honest. I don't feel like the spines should be a gene. I think they'd be better off as an apparel item. That's just my opinion.
I'm gonna be completely honest. I don't feel like the spines should be a gene. I think they'd be better off as an apparel item. That's just my opinion.
M7Z9AeT.png
I don't see any spines on Fae.
It's a nice bit of texture on the Guardians, Mirror, Pearlcatcher, Spiral, Wildclaw, and Coatl.
It's just plain hilarious on the Ridgeback, Imperial and Tundra. XDDD
It might as well not be there for Snapper.
It looks great on the Skydancer tail, but very strange (like Tundra) among the ruff.
I don't see any spines on Fae.
It's a nice bit of texture on the Guardians, Mirror, Pearlcatcher, Spiral, Wildclaw, and Coatl.
It's just plain hilarious on the Ridgeback, Imperial and Tundra. XDDD
It might as well not be there for Snapper.
It looks great on the Skydancer tail, but very strange (like Tundra) among the ruff.
CVYnSFU.png
Meh on the spines. . . i'll try it out in the scrying workshop
Meh on the spines. . . i'll try it out in the scrying workshop
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 61 62