Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Advertisement Solution
1 2 3 4 5 6
150% Support. I'm so tried of seeing bad ads, I just use adblock to protect my computer. I'm a terrible person, I know. If we had a controlled ad group, I can feel comfortable dropping my adblock down.
150% Support. I'm so tried of seeing bad ads, I just use adblock to protect my computer. I'm a terrible person, I know. If we had a controlled ad group, I can feel comfortable dropping my adblock down.
Support, I feel bad for using adblock here :/ tried without it at first, but the site suddenly tried to make me download a virus, so I went "NOPE."

I like the staff's temporary solution, tho!
Support, I feel bad for using adblock here :/ tried without it at first, but the site suddenly tried to make me download a virus, so I went "NOPE."

I like the staff's temporary solution, tho!
66MHIIb.png
i would support up to 2 footer ads that are purchased by FR players and rotated. (this is in addition to the google ad service that FR already uses, and the footer ads would /need/ to use a different script? or coding? so that someone could add them to their adblocker list or remove them.

these footer ads would be for ingame sales, or other services that users provide (within a pg13 rating aka no adult things)
-also the benefit of these ads is that unlike the ad revenue form google or the other services these /dont/ actually need to be clicked to have the site gain revenue as its pretty much a pre pay thing

this works on another site (but its not a usd currency sink its a ingame gold sink - its also for ingame stuff like art or game shops)

-only allow .jpg or .png both of those make the images static so that way there are no triggering animated ads by accident.
i would support up to 2 footer ads that are purchased by FR players and rotated. (this is in addition to the google ad service that FR already uses, and the footer ads would /need/ to use a different script? or coding? so that someone could add them to their adblocker list or remove them.

these footer ads would be for ingame sales, or other services that users provide (within a pg13 rating aka no adult things)
-also the benefit of these ads is that unlike the ad revenue form google or the other services these /dont/ actually need to be clicked to have the site gain revenue as its pretty much a pre pay thing

this works on another site (but its not a usd currency sink its a ingame gold sink - its also for ingame stuff like art or game shops)

-only allow .jpg or .png both of those make the images static so that way there are no triggering animated ads by accident.
Nn4nss2.gif - wish i could remember who did this tauros.gif
I would pay to remove ads, a subscription to the site.

Would each user paying $12/year help cover the hosting costs enough to not have ads?
I would pay to remove ads, a subscription to the site.

Would each user paying $12/year help cover the hosting costs enough to not have ads?
@Seirensen Yes, the images in my idea would be .jpg, .png or .gif.

@Tauros That would be the purpose of the Ad Staff; to enusre ads submitted comply to strict regulations, including quality control focused on those on the site with disabilities, like epilepsy.

@ElectricLady I doubt those prices would be feasable. I've seen ad prices average about $20 a month, so you'd be looking at $240 a year. $12 a year is barely 5% of that. If the option to remove ads altogether was a thing, it would at least need to match or beat the revenue the ads were bringing in.
@Seirensen Yes, the images in my idea would be .jpg, .png or .gif.

@Tauros That would be the purpose of the Ad Staff; to enusre ads submitted comply to strict regulations, including quality control focused on those on the site with disabilities, like epilepsy.

@ElectricLady I doubt those prices would be feasable. I've seen ad prices average about $20 a month, so you'd be looking at $240 a year. $12 a year is barely 5% of that. If the option to remove ads altogether was a thing, it would at least need to match or beat the revenue the ads were bringing in.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more."
Support! I saw this on tumblr, and its a great idea!
Support! I saw this on tumblr, and its a great idea!
mirror/imperial enthusiast --- he/him only please. no she/they/it. --- have a nice day!
I definitely support this. I would love to be able to advertise for commissions and such.
I definitely support this. I would love to be able to advertise for commissions and such.
Charlie // 20 // He.Him
Please @ping me for all thing you want me to see!
Full support here, I could see myself using it in the future, and would willingly take down my adblocker for this site.
Full support here, I could see myself using it in the future, and would willingly take down my adblocker for this site.
I support. Perhaps have a large (well, same size as now) adspace for users directly paying in USD and another, smaller adspace for users paying in gems?
I support. Perhaps have a large (well, same size as now) adspace for users directly paying in USD and another, smaller adspace for users paying in gems?
Definitely a good idea, i've been on sites that do this and it always works like a charm. Support.
Definitely a good idea, i've been on sites that do this and it always works like a charm. Support.
gif_220x103_da7478.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6