Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Small chance of items/quo from familiars
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I like this! Though maybe for different reasons - I had the suggestion of random events a while back, like getting random items or effects as you click around the site, but some people didn't like the riskiness of it. Having random effects tied to familiar clicking gives the chance of random events but it's not compulsory; if you don't like the risk, just don't click familiars.

But I also like the previously mentioned aspects of giving familiar bonding a little more interest than just robotic clicking. It'd be especially cool if you could get different types of dialogue based on species. You could hold a proper conversation with a Centaur, while if imagine talking with a Noggle wouldn't result in much more than lots of "noggle"s.
I like this! Though maybe for different reasons - I had the suggestion of random events a while back, like getting random items or effects as you click around the site, but some people didn't like the riskiness of it. Having random effects tied to familiar clicking gives the chance of random events but it's not compulsory; if you don't like the risk, just don't click familiars.

But I also like the previously mentioned aspects of giving familiar bonding a little more interest than just robotic clicking. It'd be especially cool if you could get different types of dialogue based on species. You could hold a proper conversation with a Centaur, while if imagine talking with a Noggle wouldn't result in much more than lots of "noggle"s.
unOOPnZ.png
Signature image by the lovely Cactusbat
Support~ As long as it's an extra and doesn't trade the treasure for the item I'm in full support~
Support~ As long as it's an extra and doesn't trade the treasure for the item I'm in full support~
Forum-signature.png
[quote name="Shanti" date="2014-10-24 11:08:01"] It'd be especially cool if you could get different types of dialogue based on species. You could hold a proper conversation with a Centaur, while if imagine talking with a Noggle wouldn't result in much more than lots of "noggle"s.[/quote] I didn't want to mention that in the main post, since making the suggestion too complicated doesn't work in its favor, but I have thought about that! I was thinking something along the lines of giving the familiars categories - like, Aviar/Humanoid/Hooved/Other, so they'd be grouped with different quote pools, without adding specific lines to each familiar, sicne that would require more time and effort on the staff's part (as awesome as that would be!).
Shanti wrote on 2014-10-24 11:08:01:
It'd be especially cool if you could get different types of dialogue based on species. You could hold a proper conversation with a Centaur, while if imagine talking with a Noggle wouldn't result in much more than lots of "noggle"s.

I didn't want to mention that in the main post, since making the suggestion too complicated doesn't work in its favor, but I have thought about that! I was thinking something along the lines of giving the familiars categories - like, Aviar/Humanoid/Hooved/Other, so they'd be grouped with different quote pools, without adding specific lines to each familiar, sicne that would require more time and effort on the staff's part (as awesome as that would be!).
tumblr_o71g9q2QuW1qfx28do6_r1_100.png tumblr_o71g9q2QuW1qfx28do7_r1_100.png tumblr_o71g9q2QuW1qfx28do9_r1_100.png tumblr_o71g9q2QuW1qfx28do8_r1_250.png
aww yes i love this. that would be so cool!
aww yes i love this. that would be so cool!
This is super cute - I know that for me personally, there are times when I just don't bother to bond with my familiars, cause a 15-25t payoff per familiar isn't really enough motivation for me to go through all that clicking and page-load waiting. There are the chests at the end of each level, but still... sometimes it's not quite a big enough motivator in the meantime. This, though, is a simple thing that would make the whole familiar system way more fun. Excellent suggestion :)
This is super cute - I know that for me personally, there are times when I just don't bother to bond with my familiars, cause a 15-25t payoff per familiar isn't really enough motivation for me to go through all that clicking and page-load waiting. There are the chests at the end of each level, but still... sometimes it's not quite a big enough motivator in the meantime. This, though, is a simple thing that would make the whole familiar system way more fun. Excellent suggestion :)
ew9u8Xp.png
That'd be nice~

Maybe the beastkin would speak, and the rest of them would gesture--even if we get a few odd RNGs like a slug wagging its tail or whatever.

It'd be nice to sort out a little bit of the feeding issue with large clans. You'd chance some item with each familiar and maybe the awakened ones'll give you something good enough to feed its dragon for the day, if it pleases.
That'd be nice~

Maybe the beastkin would speak, and the rest of them would gesture--even if we get a few odd RNGs like a slug wagging its tail or whatever.

It'd be nice to sort out a little bit of the feeding issue with large clans. You'd chance some item with each familiar and maybe the awakened ones'll give you something good enough to feed its dragon for the day, if it pleases.
tumblr_inline_nkv3lxj0hb1qg2i5p.png CALL
1-800
Crystalbelly
NOW!!!

#AllTheRainbows
#ClickHereForMore
THIS IS A CUTE IDEA AN I FULLY SUPPORT IT
THIS IS A CUTE IDEA AN I FULLY SUPPORT IT
tumblr_okxejoyVNG1tddvg0o1_540.png

fr blog | art blog | Art Sales
They Pronouns
Whoah, this is a super cool idea, support!

I like the idea of familiars having categories, and handing out coli-like drops c: Things'd have to be thought up for non-coli familiars (ie treasure only/holiday/downtime/KS/etc) but I'm sure the admin team could do that easily c:
Whoah, this is a super cool idea, support!

I like the idea of familiars having categories, and handing out coli-like drops c: Things'd have to be thought up for non-coli familiars (ie treasure only/holiday/downtime/KS/etc) but I'm sure the admin team could do that easily c:
L A D Y S P I B E
Haunted Stone Orb
she • fr+3 • lore lair • exalting lair

 fulfill your calling
lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. maecenas maximus, risus eget molestie viverra, augue arcu dictum justo, maximus aliquam risus velit non lectus.
We need this, why don't we have this? Mods! I know you're listening! We need this, ASAP!
We need this, why don't we have this? Mods! I know you're listening! We need this, ASAP!
frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
This would make the game a lot more better developed and entertaining. Who knows, it might make people wanna stick around more. I'm in total support for this.
This would make the game a lot more better developed and entertaining. Who knows, it might make people wanna stick around more. I'm in total support for this.
sigpic28411_7.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8