Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Small chance of items/quo from familiars
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
This is such a fabulous idea. Even if its just dialogue that would be sufficient, I don't necessarily think I "need" an item the chests are pretty cool/appreciated as it is. Though if there [b]were[/b] items generated I think it would be adorable in the sense of a pet cat bringing its owner mice it caught. Familiars bringing a [item=fly] that they caught to their host-dragon. Wow how cute is that idea? Yesss! I also like the idea of them dropping similar stuff that they already drop in the coli. I.e. dialogue "Cardinal Hippogryph scratches itself" then you get a [item=Vampiric Featherflea] Cute CUTE [b]CUTE[/b] [i]ITS CUTE YES.[/i] edit: Haha, I just realized I called an animal with ticks cute. Laughing right now.
This is such a fabulous idea. Even if its just dialogue that would be sufficient, I don't necessarily think I "need" an item the chests are pretty cool/appreciated as it is.

Though if there were items generated I think it would be adorable in the sense of a pet cat bringing its owner mice it caught. Familiars bringing a Fly that they caught to their host-dragon. Wow how cute is that idea? Yesss!

I also like the idea of them dropping similar stuff that they already drop in the coli. I.e. dialogue "Cardinal Hippogryph scratches itself" then you get a Vampiric Featherflea

Cute
CUTE
CUTE
ITS CUTE YES.

edit: Haha, I just realized I called an animal with ticks cute. Laughing right now.
7pqQpnz.png _____________________________wkjGoCJ.png
@Matrices

Naw I can totally see what you mean. XD

You mean something like this:
Relaxed stage:
You see Black Wolf roll around the ground. It seems relaxed. ...Huh? Something got stuck in its fur... - You pull a Black-lipped Wolfsbane from its pelt -
@Matrices

Naw I can totally see what you mean. XD

You mean something like this:
Relaxed stage:
You see Black Wolf roll around the ground. It seems relaxed. ...Huh? Something got stuck in its fur... - You pull a Black-lipped Wolfsbane from its pelt -
Support!
I love this, it's a lovley idea! Plus the many possibilities there could be with it, so many different personalities.
Serthis probably would be nasty to deal with
Support!
I love this, it's a lovley idea! Plus the many possibilities there could be with it, so many different personalities.
Serthis probably would be nasty to deal with
tumblr_inline_njviz9jZLy1qg2i5p.png
Oh my gosh this has so many cute possibilities *o* I love the idea of making familiar bonding seem more like actually bonding!
Oh my gosh this has so many cute possibilities *o* I love the idea of making familiar bonding seem more like actually bonding!
XLjWLlD.png quinn | they/them | esports enthusiast | sig art by Rhea
Support this sounds cute especially with the addition of the beastclan.
Support this sounds cute especially with the addition of the beastclan.
THIS IS REALLY CUTE AND IT WOULD MAKE FAMILIAR BONDING INTERESTING. SUPPORT!
THIS IS REALLY CUTE AND IT WOULD MAKE FAMILIAR BONDING INTERESTING. SUPPORT!
Plague%20flight%20switch%20Ice_zps9q6htbkf.gif
I'd really like to see something like this come around one day. I however believe what the familiars say should vary, famA wouldn't say the same as FamB or C. I was thinking with enough creativity (which we have plenty of...), 3 - 6 unique things could be attached to each familiar at their respective levels. Think of it as leveling the familiar, you they're wary and start out with only a small list of things they could say, but as they level then that list of things they say could grow. Familiars are like us/dragons too, they have good days and bad... Just because your awakened doesn't mean you don't feel like not saying something every once in a while!

In addition, since familiars usually come in pairs, I was thinking that something related to the opposing familiar could be added in. FamA would say something unique about FamB, and FamB would say something unique (not similar to) about FamA. Using your example:
FamA:
It looks anxious, and digs its hooves into the ground. It says: "did FamB leave a kettle on the hearth again?"

FamB:
It looks proud, and rears up in delight saying: "I did it, I finally got FamA's food cooked right!"

A little bit of code however would be needed to detect that a player has both familiars equipped on dragons.
I'd really like to see something like this come around one day. I however believe what the familiars say should vary, famA wouldn't say the same as FamB or C. I was thinking with enough creativity (which we have plenty of...), 3 - 6 unique things could be attached to each familiar at their respective levels. Think of it as leveling the familiar, you they're wary and start out with only a small list of things they could say, but as they level then that list of things they say could grow. Familiars are like us/dragons too, they have good days and bad... Just because your awakened doesn't mean you don't feel like not saying something every once in a while!

In addition, since familiars usually come in pairs, I was thinking that something related to the opposing familiar could be added in. FamA would say something unique about FamB, and FamB would say something unique (not similar to) about FamA. Using your example:
FamA:
It looks anxious, and digs its hooves into the ground. It says: "did FamB leave a kettle on the hearth again?"

FamB:
It looks proud, and rears up in delight saying: "I did it, I finally got FamA's food cooked right!"

A little bit of code however would be needed to detect that a player has both familiars equipped on dragons.
ppp-badge_storage.gifm6IxQYa.gif6KadE7H.png
Total support! I would love to read what familiars think of their dragon especially once it starts getting higher!
Total support! I would love to read what familiars think of their dragon especially once it starts getting higher!
Posting to support the dialogue idea.
Posting to support the dialogue idea.
fOSQCIF.pngFR+3zzLDnv4.png Stuff I write
Aw man, I love this idea and the dimension it adds to familiar bonding
Aw man, I love this idea and the dimension it adds to familiar bonding
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8