Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Idea for introducing new breed
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
This sounds pretty cool, but I'd think that no matter how rare you make the breed, if you give it time, more and more people will have them, and their price will go down. It's bound to happen. But, with this idea, I think it'll happen much more slowly. Support!
This sounds pretty cool, but I'd think that no matter how rare you make the breed, if you give it time, more and more people will have them, and their price will go down. It's bound to happen. But, with this idea, I think it'll happen much more slowly. Support!
yKAYGS9.png eWIwatT.png
mlHpBMC.png
xBEAdV6.png
fzM10XR.png
WKtl2lb.png
nWiQNX9.png
l8NOdbs.png
YMPbu9R.png
GR3q8ly.gif
OOOOH! i support! this is cool! ;3
OOOOH! i support! this is cool! ;3
ZVpCPil.png
This idea is so neat. Love it! Just think about it as if it were a new hoard item (like apparel or whatever). You don't need to have it, it's not necessary to play the game, but it's out there and if you're lucky you get it, if not, then big deal. This thing doesn't make or break the game; it just adds fun to people who care and find it to be fun.

Support! More mystery and gambling and fun.
This idea is so neat. Love it! Just think about it as if it were a new hoard item (like apparel or whatever). You don't need to have it, it's not necessary to play the game, but it's out there and if you're lucky you get it, if not, then big deal. This thing doesn't make or break the game; it just adds fun to people who care and find it to be fun.

Support! More mystery and gambling and fun.
I am a collector of Jasmines! Please help me collect more![img]item=jasmine[/img]In hoard: 120
I love this idea! It would be really cool to have a new way of obtaining a rare breed, and the element of chance would keep the breed from flooding the market too quickly.
I love this idea! It would be really cool to have a new way of obtaining a rare breed, and the element of chance would keep the breed from flooding the market too quickly.
h1_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkwo.pngp4_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkvi.png
p2_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkvq.pngh5_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkw2.png
h3_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkwg.pngh6_by_cas_a_fras-dbwjkvu.png
Support c:
Support c:
1009gIL.png
supporting this idea!

I would love to see new ways of getting dergs other then scrolling them.
supporting this idea!

I would love to see new ways of getting dergs other then scrolling them.
Sigs.png
Support! This would be RIDICULOUSLY fun.
Support! This would be RIDICULOUSLY fun.
I don't like the idea that you could breed two of the new breed dragons and get something else but I do think having them rare+ would solve the issue of flooding right away.

I support this - I think it would be loads of fun and while yes egg prices would go up I would personally really enjoy being able to cross my fingers and hope for something other than a double color I don't care for.
I don't like the idea that you could breed two of the new breed dragons and get something else but I do think having them rare+ would solve the issue of flooding right away.

I support this - I think it would be loads of fun and while yes egg prices would go up I would personally really enjoy being able to cross my fingers and hope for something other than a double color I don't care for.
Support! :D
Support! :D
7m8ENT7.gif
x x x
Ceremonial Scythe Sharpened Scythe
x x
Wishlist
@Nicolas

Much Support. I like this idea!

Perhaps though to "force" the market's hand, they would have to be out-bred to other breeds. So you couldn't pair the two new rare dragons together and have a clutch of the newbreed. Because boooning is going to happen.

Perhaps at some invisible coding level, all 1-gen new breed dragons could be first-degree related. Because of FR's breeding mechanic, you would have to breed them out to other breeds (most likely Wildclaws or Coatls) for 4-5 generations before you could breed the two new dragons together, as they wouldn't be so closely related anymore.

Just thinking here: Each Flight could have perhaps a dozen invisible founder pairs, each group confined within their elements.

(Soo... 24 dragons x 11 flights = 264 starting invisible dragons, or something equivalent to however many Imperial scrolls were sold via Kickstarter, because that seems to be a nice number, I haven't heard of any troubles yet in breeding Imps together.)

So, for example, all 1-gens with Ice eyes are all related to each other through their Flight founders. So you'd have to also trace the lineage back to make sure that at the 5-generation they both aren't out of the same Ice Flight. But there would be no trouble crossing the 5-gens from Ice or Nature together, different set of Flight founders.

It would also give some incentive to trade/sell eggs across the Flights too. But probably wouldn't affect people's breeding plans, because the eggs would always take their eye color from the nest they were hatched in.

As far as the lore goes.... didn't anyone else ever wonder how coli monsters kept getting ahold of dragon eggs anyway? There's no random, "Your nests were raided in the early hours of the morning! You have lost 2 eggs! Sthistra has died of dysentery!" message.
@Nicolas

Much Support. I like this idea!

Perhaps though to "force" the market's hand, they would have to be out-bred to other breeds. So you couldn't pair the two new rare dragons together and have a clutch of the newbreed. Because boooning is going to happen.

Perhaps at some invisible coding level, all 1-gen new breed dragons could be first-degree related. Because of FR's breeding mechanic, you would have to breed them out to other breeds (most likely Wildclaws or Coatls) for 4-5 generations before you could breed the two new dragons together, as they wouldn't be so closely related anymore.

Just thinking here: Each Flight could have perhaps a dozen invisible founder pairs, each group confined within their elements.

(Soo... 24 dragons x 11 flights = 264 starting invisible dragons, or something equivalent to however many Imperial scrolls were sold via Kickstarter, because that seems to be a nice number, I haven't heard of any troubles yet in breeding Imps together.)

So, for example, all 1-gens with Ice eyes are all related to each other through their Flight founders. So you'd have to also trace the lineage back to make sure that at the 5-generation they both aren't out of the same Ice Flight. But there would be no trouble crossing the 5-gens from Ice or Nature together, different set of Flight founders.

It would also give some incentive to trade/sell eggs across the Flights too. But probably wouldn't affect people's breeding plans, because the eggs would always take their eye color from the nest they were hatched in.

As far as the lore goes.... didn't anyone else ever wonder how coli monsters kept getting ahold of dragon eggs anyway? There's no random, "Your nests were raided in the early hours of the morning! You have lost 2 eggs! Sthistra has died of dysentery!" message.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11