Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Magnus Archives!
[quote name="SheridanCharon" date="2024-09-09 00:37:41" ] If you want more after this, Jon Sims also did two books, "Thirteen Storeys" and "Family Business", both of which have some very similar creepy vibes to them (especially the first one). [/quote] YES YES I also highly recommend reading [i]Thirteen Storeys[/i], I binged my way through that book and its practically like reading statements from the podcast. Suuuuper good, it did drag a bit in some bits though, but not unbearably so.
SheridanCharon wrote on 2024-09-09 00:37:41:
If you want more after this, Jon Sims also did two books, "Thirteen Storeys" and "Family Business", both of which have some very similar creepy vibes to them (especially the first one).

YES YES I also highly recommend reading Thirteen Storeys, I binged my way through that book and its practically like reading statements from the podcast. Suuuuper good, it did drag a bit in some bits though, but not unbearably so.
6U6lWPg.pngWRPJKhj.png
P E R E G R I N
rO50KyM.png
she/they
free giveaway

wishlist
art shop
HxP6kXi.pngqKZAaLK.png0jScwbh.pngxe4FQbY.pngDWI9puz.pngybizMWD.png7GFlGJN.pngTrnD1Pw.png
DHc3orZ.pngDHc3orZ.png
So I mostly have my dragons breed so I can sell or exalt the hatchies, but my [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/231011]fiance[/url] takes in a few now and again. My most recent nest from Tim and Sasha has a member with some fun lore over in their lair: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/98452433][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/984525/98452433_350.png[/img][/url] [s]conversation that inspired this was "hey, you have two of their kids and your lair lore has a circus..." "I'm not putting them in the circus." "But what if you did?"[/s]
So I mostly have my dragons breed so I can sell or exalt the hatchies, but my fiance takes in a few now and again. My most recent nest from Tim and Sasha has a member with some fun lore over in their lair:

98452433_350.png

conversation that inspired this was "hey, you have two of their kids and your lair lore has a circus..." "I'm not putting them in the circus." "But what if you did?"
0FCHrtp.pngkSsCpBU.pngGbrVxs2.pngVDqpTLf.pngo7ZCFYm.pngnafQSbU.png
arxdbD2.png0eGuNQX.png4OYCpJ4.pngypcKWM0.pngAaYNmEX.pngLHioCBR.png
10Weczj.pngoL4Hv6N.pngy41plqc.pngqlJ9D71.pngqJFAY9h.pngwSk9XnK.png
I can't believe I forgot to post in here whenever I got my digital PDFs of the TMA TTRPG! I've been planning out my setting since getting the beta materials from backing the Kickstarter so it's nice to have finalized material. Plus the physical books look to be planned to arrive today so I'm super stoked to be able to bookmark a lot of pages and start sliding papers of notes on certain pages.

Not sure if anyone else in here was aware of it existing but I'm so excited to properly plan out my oneshots and eventual main campaign with the material. I have four oneshots planned to get a feel for different players, and then once those are done I'm hoping to pick out players for the main campaign from there.

I'll be working with a Co-DM, but the two of us already have so much we're planning to use to help bring a level of lo-fi fun into the campaigns. We have a polaroid camera, a camcorder (which has been fantastic for crunchy images), and two tape recorders already. My co-DM also loves to scrapbook so we're looking forward to making a lot of fake fliers and advertisements and business cards and so on for investigations.

Won't be spoiling main ideas for the campaign here but we did design a sort of final boss/encounter for the entire thing the other day so we've been tearing into that. Been going back and forth between that and our Extinction band today so far. We've already have done a ton of homebrew monsters and artefacts, and we have to stop ourselves from continually making more. The co-DM loves making descriptions for everything, especially the books. We're steering away from one-off monsters into more recurring NPCs at this time.

---

@catkincatking
oh my goodness I thought I recognized the user who owns the Pearlcatcher you posted! They bought one of my Stock the Pond hatchlings! They're the Undertide with their BreekonAndHope! I love their lair and their touches of TMA throughout.
I can't believe I forgot to post in here whenever I got my digital PDFs of the TMA TTRPG! I've been planning out my setting since getting the beta materials from backing the Kickstarter so it's nice to have finalized material. Plus the physical books look to be planned to arrive today so I'm super stoked to be able to bookmark a lot of pages and start sliding papers of notes on certain pages.

Not sure if anyone else in here was aware of it existing but I'm so excited to properly plan out my oneshots and eventual main campaign with the material. I have four oneshots planned to get a feel for different players, and then once those are done I'm hoping to pick out players for the main campaign from there.

I'll be working with a Co-DM, but the two of us already have so much we're planning to use to help bring a level of lo-fi fun into the campaigns. We have a polaroid camera, a camcorder (which has been fantastic for crunchy images), and two tape recorders already. My co-DM also loves to scrapbook so we're looking forward to making a lot of fake fliers and advertisements and business cards and so on for investigations.

Won't be spoiling main ideas for the campaign here but we did design a sort of final boss/encounter for the entire thing the other day so we've been tearing into that. Been going back and forth between that and our Extinction band today so far. We've already have done a ton of homebrew monsters and artefacts, and we have to stop ourselves from continually making more. The co-DM loves making descriptions for everything, especially the books. We're steering away from one-off monsters into more recurring NPCs at this time.

---

@catkincatking
oh my goodness I thought I recognized the user who owns the Pearlcatcher you posted! They bought one of my Stock the Pond hatchlings! They're the Undertide with their BreekonAndHope! I love their lair and their touches of TMA throughout.
gQ7u2pY.pnglIvZUb1.png47O9KMz.png
@StrawberryAlex I didn't back the TTRPG, but I did pre-order it! I'm so excited, I've always been a Never GM but this might change that. I have the preview PDF and looking through it has been so fun.

(Also, he's SO happy about Imgredient, I hear about her every day hdjdhf
We're actually planning to breed her with my Water rep dragon as soon as he's old enough!)
@StrawberryAlex I didn't back the TTRPG, but I did pre-order it! I'm so excited, I've always been a Never GM but this might change that. I have the preview PDF and looking through it has been so fun.

(Also, he's SO happy about Imgredient, I hear about her every day hdjdhf
We're actually planning to breed her with my Water rep dragon as soon as he's old enough!)
@StrawberryAlex
I really want to try it out!! it looks so fun. I just don't really have anyone nearby to play it with hahah.

@avenfell
that book is on my neverending to-read list!
@StrawberryAlex
I really want to try it out!! it looks so fun. I just don't really have anyone nearby to play it with hahah.

@avenfell
that book is on my neverending to-read list!
5iXiC8z.png
CAJaTcp.png
Pgv53XB.png
J7D1quC.png
Q5PUVtn.gif
pQx271A.png ebjDWAS.png
oaolHwW.png
qlJ9D71.png
qJFAY9h.png
eMPFsUR.png
@catkincatking @feywilder
If you two can't tell I plan on being a DM (with a co-DM)! My plan right now is to run a group of three one-shots to try and pull in different groups of players, a fourth one-shot with the group I'll hopefully have for the main campaign, and then the main campaign/setting I've been building. I want to make sure the players I have are ones I believe can work together well with others as well as with me as I've never been a DM before this. I have no doubt there will have to be a lot of patience with me involved since I'm not the best with improvising so that'll be a skill I'll have to develop with this.

Since I am 100% preparing to have this be an online session setup, I can always reach out to you two if you're interested! Like mentioned above I'd be sticking you two into a oneshot first to get a feel of things, and I can't promise either of you would be in the final campaign, but it'd at least give you both the experience! And who knows, maybe the people that don't get involved in the main campaign may splinter off to make their own campaigns with the players that didn't make it. Admittedly that's wishful thinking on my behalf, but I like thinking on the bright side of things.

Also, the oneshots won't be in vain! I plan to have the characters in the main campaign follow up on the events in the first three oneshots, and the fourth oneshot will have deeper involvement in the main plot. It's been nice tying them all in on how they'll become relevant later in the campaign, even if it is only for a one-off investigation.

(And that's so fun to hear! I'm glad she's serving the two of you very well!)
@catkincatking @feywilder
If you two can't tell I plan on being a DM (with a co-DM)! My plan right now is to run a group of three one-shots to try and pull in different groups of players, a fourth one-shot with the group I'll hopefully have for the main campaign, and then the main campaign/setting I've been building. I want to make sure the players I have are ones I believe can work together well with others as well as with me as I've never been a DM before this. I have no doubt there will have to be a lot of patience with me involved since I'm not the best with improvising so that'll be a skill I'll have to develop with this.

Since I am 100% preparing to have this be an online session setup, I can always reach out to you two if you're interested! Like mentioned above I'd be sticking you two into a oneshot first to get a feel of things, and I can't promise either of you would be in the final campaign, but it'd at least give you both the experience! And who knows, maybe the people that don't get involved in the main campaign may splinter off to make their own campaigns with the players that didn't make it. Admittedly that's wishful thinking on my behalf, but I like thinking on the bright side of things.

Also, the oneshots won't be in vain! I plan to have the characters in the main campaign follow up on the events in the first three oneshots, and the fourth oneshot will have deeper involvement in the main plot. It's been nice tying them all in on how they'll become relevant later in the campaign, even if it is only for a one-off investigation.

(And that's so fun to hear! I'm glad she's serving the two of you very well!)
gQ7u2pY.pnglIvZUb1.png47O9KMz.png
@StrawberryAlex I'd absolutely be interested!
@StrawberryAlex I'd absolutely be interested!
idk if I mentioned it here but I'm doing a closet cosplay of Gerry for halloween, and I'm going to be wearing it for the first time tomorrow!!
(it's for an irl aroace support group I go to, and I think someone there might know TMA? I hope so anyways!! even if nobody recognizes the costume though it will still be fun)

the only thing I'm really missing is the black hair dye, but I'm going to paint my nails black and draw all of the eye tattoos!! I also already wear all black so that's easy, and I'm borrowing my mom's leather jacket :D
edit: oh and I recently found my eyeliner that I bought like a year ago and promptly lost and never used lol, but I’ll put it on for this too!! and maybe some jewelry if I have anything fitting

I'm super excited though!! I'm also going to kind of dress up on halloween day for college, but 1. I feel like I'll probably be the only one at all dressed up so I don't want to go too all-out, 2. I'm not going to take my hair out of its braids at college because it would get tangled beyond belief, and 3. I don't really like anyone in my classes so I don't really have anyone to share my cosplay excitement with? in my aroace group though there's a few people I definitely like so I'm very excited to share it with them!!

anyways Gerry will be the first character I've like, actually dressed up as? usually for halloween I just wear a generic witch/sorceress costume since it doesn't need much preparation. I was so excited though when I realized I finally have a character I can actually easily do a closet cosplay for!!
idk if I mentioned it here but I'm doing a closet cosplay of Gerry for halloween, and I'm going to be wearing it for the first time tomorrow!!
(it's for an irl aroace support group I go to, and I think someone there might know TMA? I hope so anyways!! even if nobody recognizes the costume though it will still be fun)

the only thing I'm really missing is the black hair dye, but I'm going to paint my nails black and draw all of the eye tattoos!! I also already wear all black so that's easy, and I'm borrowing my mom's leather jacket :D
edit: oh and I recently found my eyeliner that I bought like a year ago and promptly lost and never used lol, but I’ll put it on for this too!! and maybe some jewelry if I have anything fitting

I'm super excited though!! I'm also going to kind of dress up on halloween day for college, but 1. I feel like I'll probably be the only one at all dressed up so I don't want to go too all-out, 2. I'm not going to take my hair out of its braids at college because it would get tangled beyond belief, and 3. I don't really like anyone in my classes so I don't really have anyone to share my cosplay excitement with? in my aroace group though there's a few people I definitely like so I'm very excited to share it with them!!

anyways Gerry will be the first character I've like, actually dressed up as? usually for halloween I just wear a generic witch/sorceress costume since it doesn't need much preparation. I was so excited though when I realized I finally have a character I can actually easily do a closet cosplay for!!
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
hi!! ^^
FObX7rS.png73vKFNE.pngDxCICZ1.png
hh5n4WA.pngtqGkHih.pngoaolHwW.pngxCVbB5p.png
oouioVf.png
@StrawberryAlex
that sounds fun! I don't know if I'd have the time with grad school and my new job in a couple weeks. :( but thank you for the offer!

@arawoods
Gerry!!! I hope you have fun!! that sounds like a fun cosplay to do :D

EDIT: I really wanna cosplay Jon lol, I have the tired resting sad face going on already
@StrawberryAlex
that sounds fun! I don't know if I'd have the time with grad school and my new job in a couple weeks. :( but thank you for the offer!

@arawoods

EDIT: I really wanna cosplay Jon lol, I have the tired resting sad face going on already
5iXiC8z.png
CAJaTcp.png
Pgv53XB.png
J7D1quC.png
Q5PUVtn.gif
pQx271A.png ebjDWAS.png
oaolHwW.png
qlJ9D71.png
qJFAY9h.png
eMPFsUR.png
[quote name="@feywilder" date="2024-10-23 09:05:34" ] Gerry!!! I hope you have fun!! that sounds like a fun cosplay to do :D EDIT: I really wanna cosplay Jon lol, I have the tired resting sad face going on already [/quote] real!! I want to cosplay as him someday too, I just don't really have much clothing that he would wear haha Michael too, I actually already own a blond wig but I've donated like all of my bright clothing dkjfhdskhg
@feywilder wrote on 2024-10-23 09:05:34:

real!! I want to cosplay as him someday too, I just don't really have much clothing that he would wear haha
Michael too, I actually already own a blond wig but I've donated like all of my bright clothing dkjfhdskhg
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
hi!! ^^
FObX7rS.png73vKFNE.pngDxCICZ1.png
hh5n4WA.pngtqGkHih.pngoaolHwW.pngxCVbB5p.png
oouioVf.png