Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Magnus Archives!
@feywilder @catkincatking
Sorry irl has been kicking my butt lately but I've still been lurking. Went on ahead and starred the new fandragon addition though! Love the choice of Paint to bring out the faded coloration.

Also ohno one of you found my rift tab uhhhhhh I can explain I swear

In actuality, I have NO idea how many of those TMA skins are limited. I know my Statement Begins/Statement Ends pair (found on Prominence and Terminus) are 10-prints, the clone just named Jon is a 20-print (can't be reprinted), my Mike fandragon IS a custom I personally commissioned and can get in touch with the artist to reprint, and Muffet's is another personal custom with only three copies I am not going to reprint in the foreseeable future. I did also get a custom recolor for Johnah that is also one I don't plan on reprinting. All others I have no idea on the print count or if they're customs or not, but I have seen multiples of Janice's skin when it printed, I know of one other copy of my OG Jon fandragon's skin floating around, and Analog's skin was at least a 5-print based on the other listings that were up at the time I bought it.

I do know I own all but one TMA reference UMA last I checked, and that one (The Web) is a custom 5-print recolor that cannot be reprinted. I had a copy specifically to raffle off that was traded for the third copy of Muffet's personal cuatom (the second copy also being a part of a raffle. There is also technically an extra TMA "reference" skin my dragon Percy is wearing that was a limited print prize for that year's Brightshine Jubilee theme.

I'm currently confined to mobile so I apologize for no links at this time. I'll try and provide some when I'm on my laptop and rested. I slept less than four hours last night I NEED a nap.
@feywilder @catkincatking
Sorry irl has been kicking my butt lately but I've still been lurking. Went on ahead and starred the new fandragon addition though! Love the choice of Paint to bring out the faded coloration.

Also ohno one of you found my rift tab uhhhhhh I can explain I swear

In actuality, I have NO idea how many of those TMA skins are limited. I know my Statement Begins/Statement Ends pair (found on Prominence and Terminus) are 10-prints, the clone just named Jon is a 20-print (can't be reprinted), my Mike fandragon IS a custom I personally commissioned and can get in touch with the artist to reprint, and Muffet's is another personal custom with only three copies I am not going to reprint in the foreseeable future. I did also get a custom recolor for Johnah that is also one I don't plan on reprinting. All others I have no idea on the print count or if they're customs or not, but I have seen multiples of Janice's skin when it printed, I know of one other copy of my OG Jon fandragon's skin floating around, and Analog's skin was at least a 5-print based on the other listings that were up at the time I bought it.

I do know I own all but one TMA reference UMA last I checked, and that one (The Web) is a custom 5-print recolor that cannot be reprinted. I had a copy specifically to raffle off that was traded for the third copy of Muffet's personal cuatom (the second copy also being a part of a raffle. There is also technically an extra TMA "reference" skin my dragon Percy is wearing that was a limited print prize for that year's Brightshine Jubilee theme.

I'm currently confined to mobile so I apologize for no links at this time. I'll try and provide some when I'm on my laptop and rested. I slept less than four hours last night I NEED a nap.
gQ7u2pY.pnglIvZUb1.png47O9KMz.png
@feywilder @StrawberryAlex
LMAO I figured it might've been a mixup! No worries at all. I do have one skin (or maybe accent? I picked it up in the AH literally yesterday I don't remember) in my hoard that is a reference, but it's for a dragon I don't have yet and it's not TMA. I know absolutely nothing about it otherwise unfortunately, just that it'll be a Hibernal dragon when I get him ????
@feywilder @StrawberryAlex
LMAO I figured it might've been a mixup! No worries at all. I do have one skin (or maybe accent? I picked it up in the AH literally yesterday I don't remember) in my hoard that is a reference, but it's for a dragon I don't have yet and it's not TMA. I know absolutely nothing about it otherwise unfortunately, just that it'll be a Hibernal dragon when I get him ????
0FCHrtp.pngkSsCpBU.pngGbrVxs2.pngVDqpTLf.pngo7ZCFYm.pngnafQSbU.png
arxdbD2.png0eGuNQX.png4OYCpJ4.pngypcKWM0.pngAaYNmEX.pngLHioCBR.png
10Weczj.pngoL4Hv6N.pngy41plqc.pngqlJ9D71.pngqJFAY9h.pngwSk9XnK.png
@StrawberryAlex
LOL it's okay! I poked through a lot of your tabs bc I'm overly curious lol
so you made some of those yourself, or did you have them all commissioned?
@StrawberryAlex
LOL it's okay! I poked through a lot of your tabs bc I'm overly curious lol
so you made some of those yourself, or did you have them all commissioned?
5iXiC8z.png
CAJaTcp.png
Pgv53XB.png
J7D1quC.png
Q5PUVtn.gif
pQx271A.png ebjDWAS.png
oaolHwW.png
qlJ9D71.png
qJFAY9h.png
eMPFsUR.png
@feywilder
I did not make any of these skins myself. These were all commissioned by the artists in the UMA's tooltip. Unless I state that it's a custom I personally commissioned, all the UMAs were made by the artist of their own volition and I had no part to play in them.

Also, one I forgot to mention earlier is the skin I have on NotJon. I actually reached out to the artist about it because it used to not be in their UMA catalog so I assumed it was a custom, and then one day it showed up on their catalog. I asked for a personal copy and provided a blueprint + gem cost, and when I asked about it they mentioned it had nothing to do with TMA. So it's a skin that just so happens to be super similar to something you'd expect someone to make for a TMA fandragon.

Which reminds me that when I say I own all the "TMA reference" skins, I mean ones I can directly tell are inspired by or named after stuff from TMA. For example, while TheEyeOpens has a skin called "Foul Being" that's a green eye themed skin, I wouldn't directly call it a full TMA reference. The name is not "Wretched Thing" like the phrase in the show, and there's nothing I found at the time while checking to see if it was a reference skin that suggests the artists was/is a TMA fan.

I will say a good way to check most of these is simply check and see if the artist has an active UMA shop and see if the skins are listed in their catalog. If it's not there's a chance that it's either a custom or was made before they had a forum thread shop up and running. For an example using skins I brought up prior, all the skins in the "Statement Begins/Ends" series can be found here, but as the main artist appears to be inactive, I am unsure if any copies of the skins can be reprinted. Also this allowed me to fact check and only one of the skins involved with this series is fully limited (I Open the Door for WCM).

Late Edit: To make a tldr, the only skins I've personally commissioned are The Coming Storm (#42317), A Guest for Mr. Spider (#46071), The Eye Opens (#47006), and It's Looking Back (#47007). All other skins, custom or not, are ones I've slowly bought or traded for.
@feywilder
I did not make any of these skins myself. These were all commissioned by the artists in the UMA's tooltip. Unless I state that it's a custom I personally commissioned, all the UMAs were made by the artist of their own volition and I had no part to play in them.

Also, one I forgot to mention earlier is the skin I have on NotJon. I actually reached out to the artist about it because it used to not be in their UMA catalog so I assumed it was a custom, and then one day it showed up on their catalog. I asked for a personal copy and provided a blueprint + gem cost, and when I asked about it they mentioned it had nothing to do with TMA. So it's a skin that just so happens to be super similar to something you'd expect someone to make for a TMA fandragon.

Which reminds me that when I say I own all the "TMA reference" skins, I mean ones I can directly tell are inspired by or named after stuff from TMA. For example, while TheEyeOpens has a skin called "Foul Being" that's a green eye themed skin, I wouldn't directly call it a full TMA reference. The name is not "Wretched Thing" like the phrase in the show, and there's nothing I found at the time while checking to see if it was a reference skin that suggests the artists was/is a TMA fan.

I will say a good way to check most of these is simply check and see if the artist has an active UMA shop and see if the skins are listed in their catalog. If it's not there's a chance that it's either a custom or was made before they had a forum thread shop up and running. For an example using skins I brought up prior, all the skins in the "Statement Begins/Ends" series can be found here, but as the main artist appears to be inactive, I am unsure if any copies of the skins can be reprinted. Also this allowed me to fact check and only one of the skins involved with this series is fully limited (I Open the Door for WCM).

Late Edit: To make a tldr, the only skins I've personally commissioned are The Coming Storm (#42317), A Guest for Mr. Spider (#46071), The Eye Opens (#47006), and It's Looking Back (#47007). All other skins, custom or not, are ones I've slowly bought or traded for.
gQ7u2pY.pnglIvZUb1.png47O9KMz.png
just bred my first TMA fandragon!! and it was... not one I expected? in fact it wasn't one that I even planned out until literally two days ago so how exactly did I manage to breed her in two days without any swift scrolls then?? WELL. it's Helen Distortion, and I already had a breeding pair for Michael on a nest, and I realized if I made them match then his parents could also work as her parents!!! so yeah, first nest hatched today, and I didn't get Michael but I did get Helen!! right now she's actually still an imp baby with all basic genes, but here's what she's going to look like once she's done!!! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/98173691][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=4894427&skin=0&apparel=46544,27204,1753,1750,28776,48650,47122,52543,5157,58794,57820&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] and here's my scry for Michael btw, so you can see how I made them match and why it was so easy to use the same breeding pair on them haha (the parents are yellow/yellow/grapefruit and lemon/lemon/grapefruit, so I made one of the kids lemon/yellow and the other yellow/lemon) [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=4811816&skin=0&apparel=1750,29245,32280,46544,10877,28815,1753,58794,47122,31685&xt=dressing.png[/img] anyways yeah like I said I definitely wasn't expecting Helen to be my first TMA fandragon, but I'm still super happy with her scry and stuff so I'm very excited to finish her as soon as she grows up!!!
just bred my first TMA fandragon!! and it was... not one I expected? in fact it wasn't one that I even planned out until literally two days ago

so how exactly did I manage to breed her in two days without any swift scrolls then?? WELL. it's Helen Distortion, and I already had a breeding pair for Michael on a nest, and I realized if I made them match then his parents could also work as her parents!!!

so yeah, first nest hatched today, and I didn't get Michael but I did get Helen!!

right now she's actually still an imp baby with all basic genes, but here's what she's going to look like once she's done!!!

scry?sdid=4894427&skin=0&apparel=46544,27204,1753,1750,28776,48650,47122,52543,5157,58794,57820&xt=dressing.png

and here's my scry for Michael btw, so you can see how I made them match and why it was so easy to use the same breeding pair on them haha (the parents are yellow/yellow/grapefruit and lemon/lemon/grapefruit, so I made one of the kids lemon/yellow and the other yellow/lemon)

scry?sdid=4811816&skin=0&apparel=1750,29245,32280,46544,10877,28815,1753,58794,47122,31685&xt=dressing.png

anyways yeah like I said I definitely wasn't expecting Helen to be my first TMA fandragon, but I'm still super happy with her scry and stuff so I'm very excited to finish her as soon as she grows up!!!
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
hi!! ^^
FObX7rS.png73vKFNE.pngDxCICZ1.png
hh5n4WA.pngtqGkHih.pngoaolHwW.pngxCVbB5p.png
oouioVf.png
@StrawberryAlex
oh my gosh ignore me lol! I totally forgot you can see the creator's name in the tooltip x_x I was so out of it when I asked that. that's bizarre that the Foul Being skin isn't actually a TMA reference LOL, it looks so legit.

@arawoods
I'm loving these scries!! they look amazing! so eyeburny lol
I like how they match up but also look distinct from one another.
@StrawberryAlex
oh my gosh ignore me lol! I totally forgot you can see the creator's name in the tooltip x_x I was so out of it when I asked that. that's bizarre that the Foul Being skin isn't actually a TMA reference LOL, it looks so legit.

@arawoods
I'm loving these scries!! they look amazing! so eyeburny lol
I like how they match up but also look distinct from one another.
5iXiC8z.png
CAJaTcp.png
Pgv53XB.png
J7D1quC.png
Q5PUVtn.gif
pQx271A.png ebjDWAS.png
oaolHwW.png
qlJ9D71.png
qJFAY9h.png
eMPFsUR.png
LOOOOVE Magpod, HIGHLY recommend Magnus Protocol too, season one just ended and the second seasons coming out Feb next year! I've relistened to Archives so many times its not even funny
LOOOOVE Magpod, HIGHLY recommend Magnus Protocol too, season one just ended and the second seasons coming out Feb next year! I've relistened to Archives so many times its not even funny
@GraveyardCowboy
Protocol is on my list after I finish my relisten of Archives :'D
@GraveyardCowboy
Protocol is on my list after I finish my relisten of Archives :'D
5iXiC8z.png
CAJaTcp.png
Pgv53XB.png
J7D1quC.png
Q5PUVtn.gif
pQx271A.png ebjDWAS.png
oaolHwW.png
qlJ9D71.png
qJFAY9h.png
eMPFsUR.png
@feywilder
thank you!!
also OH YEAH I just saw your fandragons too!! or at least the updates on them, which I hadn't seen yet. Jon is looking great with his new outfit, and the dragon you picked from Tim is awesome too!
@feywilder
thank you!!
also OH YEAH I just saw your fandragons too!! or at least the updates on them, which I hadn't seen yet. Jon is looking great with his new outfit, and the dragon you picked from Tim is awesome too!
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
hi!! ^^
FObX7rS.png73vKFNE.pngDxCICZ1.png
hh5n4WA.pngtqGkHih.pngoaolHwW.pngxCVbB5p.png
oouioVf.png
@arawoods
thank you!! I have to take a break from more dragons to replenish my funds D:
@arawoods
thank you!! I have to take a break from more dragons to replenish my funds D:
5iXiC8z.png