Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Reflection Scrolls & Moth Capes
Okay, those moth capes are just ridiculously CUTE!!!
Okay, those moth capes are just ridiculously CUTE!!!
shadowshieldl.png StRQpZw.png shadowshieldr.png
Oooh those moth capes are so cute! And I like the idea of familiar drops from familiar bonding, how cool!
Oooh those moth capes are so cute! And I like the idea of familiar drops from familiar bonding, how cool!
whoa!! was not expecting this at all!! I've seen this suggestion pop up before- especially so dragons can face eachother in lairs. very cute!!

oh these moth capes... I just got myself a butterfly cape irl, so clearly I gotta get my dragons to match!
whoa!! was not expecting this at all!! I've seen this suggestion pop up before- especially so dragons can face eachother in lairs. very cute!!

oh these moth capes... I just got myself a butterfly cape irl, so clearly I gotta get my dragons to match!
z2Icd4f.png
x
Echo
(they/she/fae)
+0 fr time
6c0jmrg.png
x
goals / challenges
color wheel obelisks
stock the pond
[quote name="LilLegendary" date="2024-07-01 10:58:44" ] [quote name="Aeladoodles" date="2024-07-01 10:35:19" ] [quote name="asid" date="2024-07-01 10:19:16" ] [quote name="Aeladoodles" date="2024-07-01 10:07:07" ] [quote name="LilLegendary" date="2024-07-01 09:35:56" ] [quote name="asid" date="2024-07-01 09:29:21" ] [quote name="LilLegendary" date="2024-07-01 09:27:20" ] Are we really doing this after the whole thing with april fools a few years back? [/quote] storytime? [/quote] 'Kay so April Fools, 2021, all the dragons were flipped or rotated right? Thing about that was a lot of people with visual processing disabilities who got so disoriented that they couldn't even view the site without getting sick. Now there's an item that's doing half of the same thing? [/quote] I'm just not sure how being able to flip your dragons at your discretion is any different than people have another type of dragon someone might not like that still aren't breaking site rules, such as eyeburners, "meaty" dragons, Multigaze, etc. This is opt-in as opposed to an all-in April Fool's Prank. While I'd be kind of annoyed if all my dragons got hit with the saturation eyestrain beam, I don't think it's fair to expect the site or other players to de-saturate their own dragons for my sake, and I'm not huge on setting that sort of precedent for the staff or players either. No offense meant to anyone, though. [/quote] it was never said that players shouldn't be allowed to do what they please w their own dragons! op didnt say those players didnt like the flip, they were unable to access the site due to various disability reasons, accessibility options for a problem which may reoccur would likely be appreciated by that portion of the playerbase. im not someone w a visual processing disability so i cant say much on the matter, i was just sharing my initial thoughts!! [/quote] I guess what I'm saying is if your own dragons look disorienting and you don't want to access the site, that makes sense since they aren't avoidable. I'm not downplaying the idea that others may not want to see reflected/flipped dragons. I just think it's more comparable to other instances of dragons that might be visually unpleasant/disorienting like eyeburners than something like an April Fool's event that affects everyone and can't be avoided if you want to play the game. But that's just my perspective [/quote] It ain't that people "don't want" to see flipped dragons, it's that they [i]can't[/i] see those dragons or risk having a reaction. [/quote] The only reason flipped images is causing any sort of reaction is because your brain is getting confused over a familiar thing being different from how you expect and your brain is trying to process that. There's not any magical quality about the lines that inflicts nausea one way that wouldn't the other way. As soon as you get used to it there won't be any problem, and avoiding it is not going to help people get used to it.
LilLegendary wrote on 2024-07-01 10:58:44:
Aeladoodles wrote on 2024-07-01 10:35:19:
asid wrote on 2024-07-01 10:19:16:
Aeladoodles wrote on 2024-07-01 10:07:07:
LilLegendary wrote on 2024-07-01 09:35:56:
asid wrote on 2024-07-01 09:29:21:
LilLegendary wrote on 2024-07-01 09:27:20:
Are we really doing this after the whole thing with april fools a few years back?

storytime?
'Kay so April Fools, 2021, all the dragons were flipped or rotated right? Thing about that was a lot of people with visual processing disabilities who got so disoriented that they couldn't even view the site without getting sick. Now there's an item that's doing half of the same thing?
I'm just not sure how being able to flip your dragons at your discretion is any different than people have another type of dragon someone might not like that still aren't breaking site rules, such as eyeburners, "meaty" dragons, Multigaze, etc. This is opt-in as opposed to an all-in April Fool's Prank. While I'd be kind of annoyed if all my dragons got hit with the saturation eyestrain beam, I don't think it's fair to expect the site or other players to de-saturate their own dragons for my sake, and I'm not huge on setting that sort of precedent for the staff or players either. No offense meant to anyone, though.

it was never said that players shouldn't be allowed to do what they please w their own dragons! op didnt say those players didnt like the flip, they were unable to access the site due to various disability reasons, accessibility options for a problem which may reoccur would likely be appreciated by that portion of the playerbase. im not someone w a visual processing disability so i cant say much on the matter, i was just sharing my initial thoughts!!
I guess what I'm saying is if your own dragons look disorienting and you don't want to access the site, that makes sense since they aren't avoidable. I'm not downplaying the idea that others may not want to see reflected/flipped dragons. I just think it's more comparable to other instances of dragons that might be visually unpleasant/disorienting like eyeburners than something like an April Fool's event that affects everyone and can't be avoided if you want to play the game. But that's just my perspective
It ain't that people "don't want" to see flipped dragons, it's that they can't see those dragons or risk having a reaction.

The only reason flipped images is causing any sort of reaction is because your brain is getting confused over a familiar thing being different from how you expect and your brain is trying to process that. There's not any magical quality about the lines that inflicts nausea one way that wouldn't the other way. As soon as you get used to it there won't be any problem, and avoiding it is not going to help people get used to it.
thank you for the hard work that undoubtedly went into bringing this to us, but why
thank you for the hard work that undoubtedly went into bringing this to us, but why

JvUa9ma.png
ykMZ9ER.png
eWIwatT.png
3B15OeM.png
Earth-Network.png qbj5aU6.gif Wvxp6J9.png
LOVEEEE The capes
LOVEEEE The capes
30286239.png57443021.png74476387.png66128842.png
AWESOME [emoji=fathom happy size=1][emoji=mirror happy size=1][emoji=tundra happy size=1] [emoji=water rune size=1] flight
AWESOME

flight
@himmel not everyone has the time to grind this game all day, everyday, as a way to make money. unfortunately some of us have to work to pay bills on top of being disabled.
125g isnt a lot to some, but it is to others. perhaps look with the perspective that in-game currency is relative to ones own experience and dont invalidate the criticisms of others by talking about how "easy" something is.
"easy" is an opinion.
@himmel not everyone has the time to grind this game all day, everyday, as a way to make money. unfortunately some of us have to work to pay bills on top of being disabled.
125g isnt a lot to some, but it is to others. perhaps look with the perspective that in-game currency is relative to ones own experience and dont invalidate the criticisms of others by talking about how "easy" something is.
"easy" is an opinion.
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
x
A0aKnFj.gif
2SQIXyC.gifyVSrNMt.gif
TmMp6br.png
to3nnbC.gif7sZYCoo.gif
[quote name="monarchlabs" date="2024-07-01 11:06:07" ] @/himmel not everyone has the time to grind this game all day, everyday, as a way to make money. unfortunately some of us have to work to pay bills on top of being disabled. 125g isnt a lot to some, but it is to others. perhaps look with the perspective that in-game currency is relative to ones own experience and dont invalidate the criticisms of others by talking about how "easy" something is. "easy" is an opinion. [/quote] those who can't use fg could also familiar bond or hoardsell (or open chests!) <3
monarchlabs wrote on 2024-07-01 11:06:07:
@/himmel not everyone has the time to grind this game all day, everyday, as a way to make money. unfortunately some of us have to work to pay bills on top of being disabled.
"easy" is an opinion.
those who can't use fg could also familiar bond or hoardsell (or open chests!) <3
SoI31Ug.png
It's a bit weird, the flipped dragon images, but if our brain got used to the regular ones, I think it can get used to the flipped ones? Just needs some time... [emoji=rainbow star 2 size=1] When you get used to things, you start taking them for granted. You only really see them again when they change. I can see how beautiful our dragons are again!
It's a bit weird, the flipped dragon images, but if our brain got used to the regular ones, I think it can get used to the flipped ones? Just needs some time...

When you get used to things, you start taking them for granted. You only really see them again when they change.
I can see how beautiful our dragons are again!

My Dragon Cave scrollMy sales tabdreaming city pixelsDogiCrimson's pixelsGalopa's Old Oaks - Old dragons shelter and re-homing serviceUseful guides and resourcesMy art logMy dragon logMy wishlist and services