Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Exalt Lair Inquiries...
I wouldn't call myself an exalt lair, because well, I have several hundred permas ...
but I do train fodder and exalt at a decent pace, both for my own flight's dominance and to send to raffles/public buys of other flights too (and recently I've been getting foddart).
I hoard my profits though. I love "big number go up" so my favorite thing in games like FR is to just grind currency. I have 10 million treasure and I love it that way, lol. So when I do suddenly want to make a big purchase, I've got plenty for it.
I wouldn't call myself an exalt lair, because well, I have several hundred permas ...
but I do train fodder and exalt at a decent pace, both for my own flight's dominance and to send to raffles/public buys of other flights too (and recently I've been getting foddart).
I hoard my profits though. I love "big number go up" so my favorite thing in games like FR is to just grind currency. I have 10 million treasure and I love it that way, lol. So when I do suddenly want to make a big purchase, I've got plenty for it.
HdmxfuE.png
mlHpBMC.png
YMPbu9R.png
10cfa7f58bd4a1958f981bac72b7186339236066.png ckxCi3Z.png
Adding on to my previous message.

I’m 60% sure they the term “exalt-Lair” mainly exists due to folks going by “non-exalt lairs.” I notice a lot fewer “non-exalt” lairs than were back in the day.

I used to be extremely sentimental and attached to most of my dragons, so I used to spend a painstakingly long time trying to rehome them to good homes. While some did get successfully rehomed, I came to terms with exalting most of them because I realized exalted dragons still technically belong to you. When you move flights, every single dragon you’ve ever exalted will move flights with you.

So Imo, exaltation is kind of an infinite dragon storage. You just can’t dress them. (And that’s why I like exalting pretty fodder… MINE!!!)

Idk if this helps but, I do know where you’re coming from.
Adding on to my previous message.

I’m 60% sure they the term “exalt-Lair” mainly exists due to folks going by “non-exalt lairs.” I notice a lot fewer “non-exalt” lairs than were back in the day.

I used to be extremely sentimental and attached to most of my dragons, so I used to spend a painstakingly long time trying to rehome them to good homes. While some did get successfully rehomed, I came to terms with exalting most of them because I realized exalted dragons still technically belong to you. When you move flights, every single dragon you’ve ever exalted will move flights with you.

So Imo, exaltation is kind of an infinite dragon storage. You just can’t dress them. (And that’s why I like exalting pretty fodder… MINE!!!)

Idk if this helps but, I do know where you’re coming from.
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | She/they | 3+ FR Time | Wishlist
  • i'm actually the prettiest yiny princess
[quote name="Kiln" date="2024-05-18 15:36:26" ] echoing off Zenzic, “exalt lairs” usually refers to a lair that exalts for profit/Dom. Exaltation usually doesn’t “dominate” or completely define all play styles of exalt lairs, but it’s alwahs been an important cornerstone for most accounts. [/quote] Seconding this. I consider myself an "exalt lair" because I buy and exalt dragons for profit, but it's not the main thing I do on here. I spend a lot more time on outfits and bios and lore for my huge sprawling cast of permas. There are some exalt lairs that are also microlairs (they've got, like, 10 achingly beautiful g1 wildclaw permas and then 300 fodder) but those things are separate, at least to me.
Kiln wrote on 2024-05-18 15:36:26:
echoing off Zenzic, “exalt lairs” usually refers to a lair that exalts for profit/Dom. Exaltation usually doesn’t “dominate” or completely define all play styles of exalt lairs, but it’s alwahs been an important cornerstone for most accounts.
Seconding this. I consider myself an "exalt lair" because I buy and exalt dragons for profit, but it's not the main thing I do on here. I spend a lot more time on outfits and bios and lore for my huge sprawling cast of permas.

There are some exalt lairs that are also microlairs (they've got, like, 10 achingly beautiful g1 wildclaw permas and then 300 fodder) but those things are separate, at least to me.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge (Koi Edition)
my exalt funds go towards projects and buying more dragons LOL

rn i'm gonna start putting money away for EY skins/accents
my exalt funds go towards projects and buying more dragons LOL

rn i'm gonna start putting money away for EY skins/accents
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
As someone who had an exalt lair banner on my page for the longest time -- honestly, while it was a cornerstone of play style, it wasn't the only part. And mostly it was there to tell people, don't thank me for buying your dragon, they probably aren't stay around long.

Since coming back, I've seen that it doesn't seem to be quite so much of a stance on exalting like there used to be. It used to be really, really divisive so to put it plainly made people understand when they were interacting with you. Now, mostly, I think it's just become habit for a lot of people.

But as for what did I do with the money? Familiars. All the familiars.
As someone who had an exalt lair banner on my page for the longest time -- honestly, while it was a cornerstone of play style, it wasn't the only part. And mostly it was there to tell people, don't thank me for buying your dragon, they probably aren't stay around long.

Since coming back, I've seen that it doesn't seem to be quite so much of a stance on exalting like there used to be. It used to be really, really divisive so to put it plainly made people understand when they were interacting with you. Now, mostly, I think it's just become habit for a lot of people.

But as for what did I do with the money? Familiars. All the familiars.
output-onlinegiftools-3.gif

mostly lurk, rarely post
she/her
on a quest for every familiar (well, almost)
Fandragons!!! pretty much everything i earn gets spent on buying dragons to breed for the colours i want, geneing the babies, and dressing them up :] it gets really expensive real fast (my avatar dragon cost me 8000 gems and a few nocturne eggs on her forgetools <\3) so i exalt a whole lot. i don't usually bother with skins unless i see one that catches my eye, but i've bought art for a couple of my favourite dragons and i'd like to buy more soon!
Fandragons!!! pretty much everything i earn gets spent on buying dragons to breed for the colours i want, geneing the babies, and dressing them up :] it gets really expensive real fast (my avatar dragon cost me 8000 gems and a few nocturne eggs on her forgetools <\3) so i exalt a whole lot. i don't usually bother with skins unless i see one that catches my eye, but i've bought art for a couple of my favourite dragons and i'd like to buy more soon!
A pixel art badge of a snowy owlynx; a blueish gray cat familiar with darker spots and wings.
Pixel art of an obelisk dragon (Winona) with light eyes, a grayish blue body, and red wings and circuit patterns. She's facing left.A light pink pixel diamond.Pixel art of an obelisk dragon (WX) with fire eyes, a golden body, bronze mane and wings, and black circuit patterns. They're facing right.
Pings ok.
Badges.
Wishlist.
FR server time + 8 hours.
[quote name="Raynie" date="2024-05-18 17:05:25" ] As someone who had an exalt lair banner on my page for the longest time -- honestly, while it was a cornerstone of play style, it wasn't the only part. And mostly it was there to tell people, don't thank me for buying your dragon, they probably aren't stay around long. Since coming back, I've seen that it doesn't seem to be quite so much of a stance on exalting like there used to be. It used to be really, really divisive so to put it plainly made people understand when they were interacting with you. Now, mostly, I think it's just become habit for a lot of people. [/quote] Very much this! A lot of the your lair=your dragon rules had to be made by the devs precisely to address the conflict. I exalt regularly… but mostly my own bred dragons unless there's a Dom push (though sometimes I'll buy to exalt outside of that). I ended up removing it because it got to a point where having it in my bio was causing more misunderstandings due to the changing player atmosphere and growing overall acceptance towards exalting as a necessary mechanic, but for a time it really felt like it was better to have it there— especially before the introduction of lair tabs made an easy way to indicate which dragons were likely to get kept as opposed to not!
Raynie wrote on 2024-05-18 17:05:25:

Very much this! A lot of the your lair=your dragon rules had to be made by the devs precisely to address the conflict. I exalt regularly… but mostly my own bred dragons unless there's a Dom push (though sometimes I'll buy to exalt outside of that).

I ended up removing it because it got to a point where having it in my bio was causing more misunderstandings due to the changing player atmosphere and growing overall acceptance towards exalting as a necessary mechanic, but for a time it really felt like it was better to have it there— especially before the introduction of lair tabs made an easy way to indicate which dragons were likely to get kept as opposed to not!
RfKIDIZ.pngK4fQ2zN.png
Also remember that people have different playing styles. My exalt money goes toward genes and dragons, because that is what I think is attractive. People who like clothes may think my dragons look neglected, but they are pampered and loved via my own play style.
Also remember that people have different playing styles. My exalt money goes toward genes and dragons, because that is what I think is attractive. People who like clothes may think my dragons look neglected, but they are pampered and loved via my own play style.
Vista: Asexual Ribbon
hold
Vista: Progress Ribbon
I'm definitely not as heavy an exalter as I used to be, due to not having quite as much time as when I started, but it's still my go-to if I need some money fast, haha. And on the rare occasion we push, I participate in that.

I spend money on my permas because I...have a LOT of them...I get attached okay?

Also on familiars and just...saving up in the hopes I can one day manage to afford a KS fam (I have all the sprites so!! maybe someday!!)
I'm definitely not as heavy an exalter as I used to be, due to not having quite as much time as when I started, but it's still my go-to if I need some money fast, haha. And on the rare occasion we push, I participate in that.

I spend money on my permas because I...have a LOT of them...I get attached okay?

Also on familiars and just...saving up in the hopes I can one day manage to afford a KS fam (I have all the sprites so!! maybe someday!!)
Gene projects & buying dragons for the accents still in my hoard. A good chunk also gets saved for wishlist items like the sprite familiars.

Sometimes I use it on a uma now and then too.

I'd consider myself an exalting lair because I exalt dragons (as opposed to some users who play as non-exalt lairs, as in they don't exalt at all) but it isn't something I dedicate my whole lair to nor do I state it on my clan profile—it is in my FAQ though

I tend to have a mix of a lot of lair types: hatchery runner, fodder breeding, lore dragons, mix of gen 2+ & gen 1s, locke challenges...
Gene projects & buying dragons for the accents still in my hoard. A good chunk also gets saved for wishlist items like the sprite familiars.

Sometimes I use it on a uma now and then too.

I'd consider myself an exalting lair because I exalt dragons (as opposed to some users who play as non-exalt lairs, as in they don't exalt at all) but it isn't something I dedicate my whole lair to nor do I state it on my clan profile—it is in my FAQ though

I tend to have a mix of a lot of lair types: hatchery runner, fodder breeding, lore dragons, mix of gen 2+ & gen 1s, locke challenges...
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif