Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coliseum Bounty Trading Post NPC
As someone who use to fodder grind but no longer does because it got boring as hell and so has no more motivation, i support this 100%. It would help me get up and fodder grind again in a more fun way.
As someone who use to fodder grind but no longer does because it got boring as hell and so has no more motivation, i support this 100%. It would help me get up and fodder grind again in a more fun way.
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
Oh this an awesome idea! We always need new fun NPCS! This makes the coliseum a bit more vibrant and not just to have trinkets for Crim!

Maybe there could be a second tab for like turning in familiars as bounties?

I have so many familiars from venues I grind at and TBH, I'd like to do something with them that isn't just Baldwin or Crim. It could be something like Crim maybe; you have a few bounties to rifle through and maybe it refreshes the list after a few hours.

Unlike Crim you don't lose the bounties if you skip, more like being able you've been handed a satchel of bounties and those are the ones you can work towards till the refresh. That way if there's one you might want to try but after one or the other you don't lose the bounty to a misclick.

Adds to the whole, we want you to seek out Shade. I'd ideally like slightly different tiers, beginner, intermediate or expert and 'all of it'.

Beginner level bounties would have bounties spanning from Training Grounds to Bamboo Falls so the familiars on the bounties would be easier for anyone. Low stakes and such.

Intermediate would handle thunderhead Savannah to either Boreal Woods or Crystal Pools. Harder levels with the familiars to match.

Expert would take the last levels, hardest venues and familiars!

Free for all took be an option, doesn't have to be but it wouldn't be restricted to certain venues so bounties could be from 1-25!

You could only take one satchel at a time but can swap them out however often during the timer before a refresh. That would allow players to thumb through the bounties and decide what bracket they'd want to pursue.

The rewards could range from treasure, chests from locations in the bracket or even coli only apparel as examples. Or even something new. The rewards get bigger for the number of familiars you get rather than what familiars. Each tier is varied to reflect the difficulty but not too far off from each other so that expert coli grinders avoid beginner bounties and beginners don't feel outpaced.

I'd suggest like a weekly challenge for a boss bounty but I'm not sure if that would make bosses even harder to obtain, you know?
Oh this an awesome idea! We always need new fun NPCS! This makes the coliseum a bit more vibrant and not just to have trinkets for Crim!

I have so many familiars from venues I grind at and TBH, I'd like to do something with them that isn't just Baldwin or Crim. It could be something like Crim maybe; you have a few bounties to rifle through and maybe it refreshes the list after a few hours.

Unlike Crim you don't lose the bounties if you skip, more like being able you've been handed a satchel of bounties and those are the ones you can work towards till the refresh. That way if there's one you might want to try but after one or the other you don't lose the bounty to a misclick.

Adds to the whole, we want you to seek out Shade. I'd ideally like slightly different tiers, beginner, intermediate or expert and 'all of it'.

Beginner level bounties would have bounties spanning from Training Grounds to Bamboo Falls so the familiars on the bounties would be easier for anyone. Low stakes and such.

Intermediate would handle thunderhead Savannah to either Boreal Woods or Crystal Pools. Harder levels with the familiars to match.

Free for all took be an option, doesn't have to be but it wouldn't be restricted to certain venues so bounties could be from 1-25!

You could only take one satchel at a time but can swap them out however often during the timer before a refresh. That would allow players to thumb through the bounties and decide what bracket they'd want to pursue.

The rewards could range from treasure, chests from locations in the bracket or even coli only apparel as examples. Or even something new. The rewards get bigger for the number of familiars you get rather than what familiars. Each tier is varied to reflect the difficulty but not too far off from each other so that expert coli grinders avoid beginner bounties and beginners don't feel outpaced.

I'd suggest like a weekly challenge for a boss bounty but I'm not sure if that would make bosses even harder to obtain, you know?
Z7cgb70.png
[quote name="SamuelMaybird" date="2024-04-14 11:28:27" ] Oh this an awesome idea! We always need new fun NPCS! This makes the coliseum a bit more vibrant and not just to have trinkets for Crim! Maybe there could be a second tab for like turning in familiars as bounties? I have so many familiars from venues I grind at and TBH, I'd like to do something with them that isn't just Baldwin or Crim. It could be something like Crim maybe; you have a few bounties to rifle through and maybe it refreshes the list after a few hours. Unlike Crim you don't lose the bounties if you skip, more like being able you've been handed a satchel of bounties and those are the ones you can work towards till the refresh. That way if there's one you might want to try but after one or the other you don't lose the bounty to a misclick. Adds to the whole, we want you to seek out Shade. I'd ideally like slightly different tiers, beginner, intermediate or expert and 'all of it'. Beginner level bounties would have bounties spanning from Training Grounds to Bamboo Falls so the familiars on the bounties would be easier for anyone. Low stakes and such. Intermediate would handle thunderhead Savannah to either Boreal Woods or Crystal Pools. Harder levels with the familiars to match. Expert would take the last levels, hardest venues and familiars! Free for all took be an option, doesn't have to be but it wouldn't be restricted to certain venues so bounties could be from 1-25! You could only take one satchel at a time but can swap them out however often during the timer before a refresh. That would allow players to thumb through the bounties and decide what bracket they'd want to pursue. The rewards could range from treasure, chests from locations in the bracket or even coli only apparel as examples. Or even something new. The rewards get bigger for the number of familiars you get rather than what familiars. Each tier is varied to reflect the difficulty but not too far off from each other so that expert coli grinders avoid beginner bounties and beginners don't feel outpaced. I'd suggest like a weekly challenge for a boss bounty but I'm not sure if that would make bosses even harder to obtain, you know? [/quote] hmmmm... it sounds fun and there's definitely a lot of merit to this concept i think, but there's a couple of problems i see with this, personally - mainly, do familiars have to be obtained after the bounty is taken, or not? if it only counts after you get the bounty, you end up with a very, very heavily rng-dependent system, since you first have to encounter the actual enemy then get lucky enough to get the familiar drop. if not, then you have to balance everything around the fact that familiars can be bought from the treasure marketplace and ah and that you'll be generating coli-only drops without the coli ever being involved
SamuelMaybird wrote on 2024-04-14 11:28:27:

hmmmm... it sounds fun and there's definitely a lot of merit to this concept i think, but there's a couple of problems i see with this, personally - mainly, do familiars have to be obtained after the bounty is taken, or not? if it only counts after you get the bounty, you end up with a very, very heavily rng-dependent system, since you first have to encounter the actual enemy then get lucky enough to get the familiar drop. if not, then you have to balance everything around the fact that familiars can be bought from the treasure marketplace and ah and that you'll be generating coli-only drops without the coli ever being involved
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
Oh, wow!!! How did I manage to miss this suggestion for so many years??

In short, I massively support this! I love to coli! But, boy does it get boring very quickly sometimes. I think this system would be a great way to provide motivation to players like me who get bored quickly in the coli.

Also, that art is downright gorgeous!
Oh, wow!!! How did I manage to miss this suggestion for so many years??

In short, I massively support this! I love to coli! But, boy does it get boring very quickly sometimes. I think this system would be a great way to provide motivation to players like me who get bored quickly in the coli.

Also, that art is downright gorgeous!
Neurodivergent Nonbinary Adult
Any Pronouns, No Preference

I have a processing disorder and I'm notoriously awful at math so patience is highly appreciated.

Feel free to ping me; I appreciate serious and silly pings!

My Questboard and Wishlist!
This is really well planned, and I would love to see more reasons to Coli.
This is really well planned, and I would love to see more reasons to Coli.
MUYNhfy.png 7UXlQKU.gif Hawketh3.png 0PhYgPv.png kwDfn0K.png
This is such a cool idea, totally would love to see this idea be implemented.
This is such a cool idea, totally would love to see this idea be implemented.
all the support on this idea, the mockup looks fantastic!! [emoji=heart size=1]
all the support on this idea, the mockup looks fantastic!!
82178673_ijzMp0IC6V46yT0.png chris ; they/them fr+9
» art shop (wip)
» wishlist
» g1 sales
ohhhh this idea is so good i would love to see something like this
ohhhh this idea is so good i would love to see something like this
17497.png hi! my name is moth (he/him) here are some links you should check out
- lair quest
- art shop
Support - this would actually be a great way to make lower level venues relevant and boost interest in the coli outside of fests. I mostly just live in the venues where I level my fodder - I'd love an excuse to wander around to different places.
Support - this would actually be a great way to make lower level venues relevant and boost interest in the coli outside of fests. I mostly just live in the venues where I level my fodder - I'd love an excuse to wander around to different places.
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
I love this idea, definitely support.
I love this idea, definitely support.
tumblr_ozv0t5BgDr1skn50no1_500.png