Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | XXX vs. XYX vs. XXY vs. XYY
1 2 3 4 5
XYZ but not by a big margin, it honestly depends on the colors
XYZ but not by a big margin, it honestly depends on the colors
One day I'm going to
hand you something and
it's going to be a bug.
It/Its Pronouns
Aro/Ace
Agender Man
FR Time +2
IMlLWzB.gif
XYZs forever. a dragon is most satisfying when you can make an unlikely color combination work! bonus points if the color combo is extremely rare

I used to be big on XYYs and XXYs but I find myself growing bored of them as of late. I prefer the challenge of an uncommon combo
XYZs forever. a dragon is most satisfying when you can make an unlikely color combination work! bonus points if the color combo is extremely rare

I used to be big on XYYs and XXYs but I find myself growing bored of them as of late. I prefer the challenge of an uncommon combo
CLljvdp.png
XYY or XYZ. I really like finding interesting combinations that can really shake up a dragon's design, I find myself bored of XXXs most of the time. XXYs are just too samey for me, and I like the primary and secondary genes/colours being different (especially since a lot of the time I like the primary but not the secondary on some breeds.)I used to collect a lot more XXXs and XXYs but I've strayed from that recently. There's so many cool combinations!
XYY or XYZ. I really like finding interesting combinations that can really shake up a dragon's design, I find myself bored of XXXs most of the time. XXYs are just too samey for me, and I like the primary and secondary genes/colours being different (especially since a lot of the time I like the primary but not the secondary on some breeds.)I used to collect a lot more XXXs and XXYs but I've strayed from that recently. There's so many cool combinations!
fav FR colour: spruce
fav FR gene combo: pinstripe/trail/glimmer
fav FR breed: coatl
w8o0xW1.png ping me please
they/them
[quote name="ShwoomWoom" date="2024-05-14 11:16:45" ] XXYs and XYYs are the best imo. XXXs lack the necessary contrast to make certain gene combos work, and XYXs suffer the same issue since most terts prioritize the body over the wings Edit: I find XYZs especially fun to work with so I consider em the best of all of the combos, with the ones mentioned previously being second best! [/quote] this sums up my thoughts exactly. I find XXXs hardest to work with because the tert almost always feels superfluous, unless you have an accented tert like riot or sometimes opal. at least it's unobtrusive, but it's hard to have the tert actively contribute to the design.
ShwoomWoom wrote on 2024-05-14 11:16:45:
XXYs and XYYs are the best imo. XXXs lack the necessary contrast to make certain gene combos work, and XYXs suffer the same issue since most terts prioritize the body over the wings

Edit: I find XYZs especially fun to work with so I consider em the best of all of the combos, with the ones mentioned previously being second best!
this sums up my thoughts exactly.

I find XXXs hardest to work with because the tert almost always feels superfluous, unless you have an accented tert like riot or sometimes opal. at least it's unobtrusive, but it's hard to have the tert actively contribute to the design.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
I like xyy the most!!! something about the tert matching the secondary and then showing on the body is so satisfying to me...
I like xyy the most!!! something about the tert matching the secondary and then showing on the body is so satisfying to me...
< using my brain powers to get you to buy for 850g MONTY
he/it/veil
adhdtism
skincent shop
about me
93641105.png
depends on the color, sometimes you just need an ice triple X; while others you want a sandwich combo for an oreo themed project. or a matching XYZ combo for some calicos. i do however think discovering the dragon i bought without looking is a XXX or a XXY/XYY is a nice treat and rewards bad behaviour (not looking at the hatchling i bought fully before buying it), makes me feel like a gremlin [emoji=mirror winking size=1]
depends on the color, sometimes you just need an ice triple X; while others you want a sandwich combo for an oreo themed project. or a matching XYZ combo for some calicos.

i do however think discovering the dragon i bought without looking is a XXX or a XXY/XYY is a nice treat and rewards bad behaviour (not looking at the hatchling i bought fully before buying it), makes me feel like a gremlin
(@art by Caprexes)
lZz6o40.png
XXX if the colour's exceptionally good, otherwise XYY!
XXX if the colour's exceptionally good, otherwise XYY!
~
~
b249b1dbc50baf6f32da54dfe296327c5ac51d6d.png
~ W Y R M
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
he/himFR+8
~ ~

NAh145F.png
XYZ is my favorite (when it's matchy ofc)

But out of these preference goes: XYY, XXY, XYX, XXX

I have 1 or 2 xxx dragons that are permas at this point bc of their lore. But unless it's a g1 dragon I refuse to get more bc they're just so boring to me

Then xyx is difficult due to terts blending into the primary, but I think they work pretty good with linebreaker terts

Not much issue with xxy colors other than if it's obsidian/y because it's so common that it's become boring to me (and I already have a few). Otherwise, it's pretty good

The favorite outside of xyz, xyy is just really nice especially with x/obsidian. Lol you'd think I'd get the same "boring" feeling with this but I think it's because the primary breaks it up better if the tert gene is focused on the belly while xxy dragons have the primary and secondary touching then the pop of tert color
XYZ is my favorite (when it's matchy ofc)

But out of these preference goes: XYY, XXY, XYX, XXX

I have 1 or 2 xxx dragons that are permas at this point bc of their lore. But unless it's a g1 dragon I refuse to get more bc they're just so boring to me

Then xyx is difficult due to terts blending into the primary, but I think they work pretty good with linebreaker terts

Not much issue with xxy colors other than if it's obsidian/y because it's so common that it's become boring to me (and I already have a few). Otherwise, it's pretty good

The favorite outside of xyz, xyy is just really nice especially with x/obsidian. Lol you'd think I'd get the same "boring" feeling with this but I think it's because the primary breaks it up better if the tert gene is focused on the belly while xxy dragons have the primary and secondary touching then the pop of tert color
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
XYZ on top

my instincts say XYY? with an underbelly tert it's an easy way to make the dragon quite balanced. XYX are also pretty good.

XXY and XXX are definitely my least favourite, it's just so boring to have the same primary and secondary most of the time
XYZ on top

my instincts say XYY? with an underbelly tert it's an easy way to make the dragon quite balanced. XYX are also pretty good.

XXY and XXX are definitely my least favourite, it's just so boring to have the same primary and secondary most of the time
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
xyz, especially if matchy