Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | breeding project horror stories
1 2
henlo yes please give me your statements i need to know i'm not alone. i'll start:

i have a project going for a flint/strawberry/sanguine imp. they have the right prim/tert but only one's an imperial, and the odds of getting both an imperial and strawberry secondary are 8% so I was kindaaa,,, [vibrates intensely] waiting for them to be nestable??

and, one of the two parents finally got out of the limbo of initial breeding cd, so i was super excited because IMMINENTLY COMPLETE PROJECT!!!!! and i nested them.

in my own (Wind) nest.

The project dragon has Plague/Button eyes.

Please comiserate with me :'D
henlo yes please give me your statements i need to know i'm not alone. i'll start:

i have a project going for a flint/strawberry/sanguine imp. they have the right prim/tert but only one's an imperial, and the odds of getting both an imperial and strawberry secondary are 8% so I was kindaaa,,, [vibrates intensely] waiting for them to be nestable??

and, one of the two parents finally got out of the limbo of initial breeding cd, so i was super excited because IMMINENTLY COMPLETE PROJECT!!!!! and i nested them.

in my own (Wind) nest.

The project dragon has Plague/Button eyes.

Please comiserate with me :'D
"What- you, the father of all skepticism, worried?"

mbT7f4j.png

"Just because I don't think it happened doesn't mean I can't be worried."
R.I.P on your month wait to breed them again [emoji=coatl sad size=1] especially with the skewed breed chances... as for me, i have multiple different breeding projects going right now; two of them have such small ranges that you'd think i would've gotten the correct dragon by now. LOL no :) nightmare. and then we don't even talk about my imp project pair. i've been breeding them for [i][b]NEARLY TWO YEARS[/b][/i] for the dragon i need. and they refuse to throw me the correct colors. i am in Hell and there is no escape.
R.I.P on your month wait to breed them again especially with the skewed breed chances...

as for me, i have multiple different breeding projects going right now; two of them have such small ranges that you'd think i would've gotten the correct dragon by now. LOL no :) nightmare.

and then we don't even talk about my imp project pair. i've been breeding them for NEARLY TWO YEARS for the dragon i need. and they refuse to throw me the correct colors.

i am in Hell and there is no escape.
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
If you don't want to rebreed, you can always try and make do! I did that myself (wanted plague, nested in my own (at the time ice)) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88315280][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/883153/88315280_350.png[/img][/url]
If you don't want to rebreed, you can always try and make do! I did that myself (wanted plague, nested in my own (at the time ice))

88315280_350.png
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
oomfies my lead/fog/cyan project has been going on for almost 2 years now
oomfies my lead/fog/cyan project has been going on for almost 2 years now
eNC9ZRF.jpeg
it'd be a little expensive but you could breedchange the father into a coatl or wc to give yourself a higher chance at imp offspring instead of 50/50 you currently have with noct/imp. it just would also put the cooldown timer higher. you are def not alone on getting too excited to nest... [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/48799252][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/487993/48799252_350.png[/img][/url] this guy was supposed to have lightning eyes so I could make him into this; [img]https://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=106&bodygene=15&breed=12&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=139&tertgene=5&winggene=22&wings=110&auth=30d7a4e536ea32f8c139458cbbca1deb51b6b820&dummyext=prev.png[/img] was so mad at myself I've not tried again with this pair since.
it'd be a little expensive but you could breedchange the father into a coatl or wc to give yourself a higher chance at imp offspring instead of 50/50 you currently have with noct/imp.
it just would also put the cooldown timer higher.

you are def not alone on getting too excited to nest...
48799252_350.png
this guy was supposed to have lightning eyes so I could make him into this;
dragon?age=1&body=106&bodygene=15&breed=12&element=5&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=139&tertgene=5&winggene=22&wings=110&auth=30d7a4e536ea32f8c139458cbbca1deb51b6b820&dummyext=prev.png
was so mad at myself I've not tried again with this pair since.
c345f7e3a6e07a5c7b794020f36c400b6fe75700.png61877_s.gif
I decided, in 2016-ish, that it'd be fun to do one of those challenges where you try to breed gem genes onto a project dragon, starting from trip-Basic (and going through treasure genes, thankfully).

I've been trying for the primary since 2019.
I decided, in 2016-ish, that it'd be fun to do one of those challenges where you try to breed gem genes onto a project dragon, starting from trip-Basic (and going through treasure genes, thankfully).

I've been trying for the primary since 2019.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

I had written down in my notes that I needed a Shadow/Gloom/Blood dragon, so I bought a ton of dragons near that range to begin breeding. I managed to breed most of them once or twice before I took a second look at my notes and realized my notes actually said:

Shadow (as in eyes)
Gloom
Blood
Blood

Had to throw the whole gang out and start over, so that was 2ish months wasted. xD
I had written down in my notes that I needed a Shadow/Gloom/Blood dragon, so I bought a ton of dragons near that range to begin breeding. I managed to breed most of them once or twice before I took a second look at my notes and realized my notes actually said:

Shadow (as in eyes)
Gloom
Blood
Blood

Had to throw the whole gang out and start over, so that was 2ish months wasted. xD
♥loveyourself♥
1t4XtaG.png
cRHDWyx.png
EIm5dF9.png
tumblr_inline_p81uu9TKgf1tsrqpm_75sq.gif
ll0CfnD.png
Nf8E9Zp.png
QOzSXsE.png
2ou3Y3v.png
♥lovenature♥
I was doing a breeding project for a dragon with Fern/Obsidian/Shamrock and I was at it for a few months, nowhere near as long as some people, and then I fell off with FR and only checked in every once in a while. Completely forgot about the project so when the Dusthides came out and I came back again, I exhaled some of the rejects without naming them… the project was for a fan dragon and I had been naming all the rejects things to do with him

I definetly could’ve unexalted them but I honestly wasn’t even in the fandom anymore and just couldn’t
I was doing a breeding project for a dragon with Fern/Obsidian/Shamrock and I was at it for a few months, nowhere near as long as some people, and then I fell off with FR and only checked in every once in a while. Completely forgot about the project so when the Dusthides came out and I came back again, I exhaled some of the rejects without naming them… the project was for a fan dragon and I had been naming all the rejects things to do with him

I definetly could’ve unexalted them but I honestly wasn’t even in the fandom anymore and just couldn’t

Many paths lead in the same direction.
There's a project of mine for which I bought many dragons to make pairs of. Like 30 of them. When I started buying those pairs I was already working on another big project so I just put all of them in my den as to not have too many projects at once, bought more dragons over time, and never checked just how far from the goal their colors were... Well, if I had done that right after each purchase, maybe I would have realized earlier that I had not one, but two dragons that were the right colors! And the right breed (Imperial!) And with the right eye color (Light!)

So yeah, lots of money and den space wasted on dragons that I won't be needing. It's not even a question of "I was looking for the right genes too" because when discovering I had the right color combo all along, I checked and had exactly three dragons that each had one (gem) gene I needed.

And it doesn't stop there. As a way to remake a bit of the money spent on the thirty-ish dragons -because of course I didn't keep track of their price- I decided to breed some of those dragons randomly to, you know, create fodders. Well, a Skydancer x Imperial pair gave me an Imperial with the right colors. Because of course they would. And another pair gave me a one-off with Glimmer -which my project needs-, so now I've made those two into a pair and hopefully when I send them to a light nest they'll give me a kid with Glimmer so I can at least save money on one of the three genes... I could just take the L and regen one of the dragons I purchased and call it a day, but also... at least I can still call it a breeding project and not just a regen project... :')
There's a project of mine for which I bought many dragons to make pairs of. Like 30 of them. When I started buying those pairs I was already working on another big project so I just put all of them in my den as to not have too many projects at once, bought more dragons over time, and never checked just how far from the goal their colors were... Well, if I had done that right after each purchase, maybe I would have realized earlier that I had not one, but two dragons that were the right colors! And the right breed (Imperial!) And with the right eye color (Light!)

So yeah, lots of money and den space wasted on dragons that I won't be needing. It's not even a question of "I was looking for the right genes too" because when discovering I had the right color combo all along, I checked and had exactly three dragons that each had one (gem) gene I needed.

And it doesn't stop there. As a way to remake a bit of the money spent on the thirty-ish dragons -because of course I didn't keep track of their price- I decided to breed some of those dragons randomly to, you know, create fodders. Well, a Skydancer x Imperial pair gave me an Imperial with the right colors. Because of course they would. And another pair gave me a one-off with Glimmer -which my project needs-, so now I've made those two into a pair and hopefully when I send them to a light nest they'll give me a kid with Glimmer so I can at least save money on one of the three genes... I could just take the L and regen one of the dragons I purchased and call it a day, but also... at least I can still call it a breeding project and not just a regen project... :')
70838207.png __
k6e9TMr.png dEe2UrM.png ARAxlYW.png

6meUms1.png VITvCqN.png oxDm2Un.png
needed to get twin white/lead/black skydancers, got the first one relatively easily but took MONTHS to get the second. my fault for wanting them to match in both colors and gender (this was pre-silhouette scroll, which saved my life with two other projects that kept giving me right colors wrong gender)
needed to get twin white/lead/black skydancers, got the first one relatively easily but took MONTHS to get the second. my fault for wanting them to match in both colors and gender (this was pre-silhouette scroll, which saved my life with two other projects that kept giving me right colors wrong gender)
WkrH3p9.png x >hurry
>she/her
>fr +3
>avatar
>about
x >lore
>origamis
>wishlist
>uma sales
>pings ok
1 2