Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | how did you choose your coli dragons?
1 2 3 4 5 6
how did you choose your designated fighter/s for coli? i've been thinking about which dragon i should pick to be my first lvl 25 (or if i should just buy an already leveled dragon and go from there...) and i'm curious how you all made that decision.

extra question: do you incorporate your dragon's coli fighter status into their lore? do your lvl 25s have special roles in your clan as fodder trainers / warriors, or are they just regular dragons?
how did you choose your designated fighter/s for coli? i've been thinking about which dragon i should pick to be my first lvl 25 (or if i should just buy an already leveled dragon and go from there...) and i'm curious how you all made that decision.

extra question: do you incorporate your dragon's coli fighter status into their lore? do your lvl 25s have special roles in your clan as fodder trainers / warriors, or are they just regular dragons?
HxpqByB.jpeg
My first couple were just "This dragon feels like a fighter. They will smash everything." It was doable with a general balanced build, leveling one fodder at a time. I still have those 3 and I use them as my farming crew.

I have an entire tab now with 1-2 dragons of each element, with builds appropriate to their elements, and I use them as leveler and specialty farmers. I gave them each "characters" to make them feel less like coli-bots and more like actual members of the clan.
My first couple were just "This dragon feels like a fighter. They will smash everything." It was doable with a general balanced build, leveling one fodder at a time. I still have those 3 and I use them as my farming crew.

I have an entire tab now with 1-2 dragons of each element, with builds appropriate to their elements, and I use them as leveler and specialty farmers. I gave them each "characters" to make them feel less like coli-bots and more like actual members of the clan.
1WaPPyd.png

divider by irithyll
@rainstain

Titan and Lunafreya I got specifically for Coli warriors. Flamestorm is a dragon from my dreams (literally, I have often had a dream of a black dragon with fiery red edges), and he felt natural for a warrior.

All three are part of the VIP, the dragons of my clan that have lore and are important persons in my clan.

@rainstain

Titan and Lunafreya I got specifically for Coli warriors. Flamestorm is a dragon from my dreams (literally, I have often had a dream of a black dragon with fiery red edges), and he felt natural for a warrior.

All three are part of the VIP, the dragons of my clan that have lore and are important persons in my clan.

my first coli team was just my progens and the third ever dragon i got. and so thats my main team to this day
other teams i was just picking based on like. various random factors. most recent one were just a team of f spirals, two kinda warrior themed ones and one i just really liked, and thats the team ive been using lately
my first coli team was just my progens and the third ever dragon i got. and so thats my main team to this day
other teams i was just picking based on like. various random factors. most recent one were just a team of f spirals, two kinda warrior themed ones and one i just really liked, and thats the team ive been using lately
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
Initially, I picked my two progens + the only other adult dragon in my lair. Because, y'know, that's all I had. Everyone else was a hatchling.

Then two of the hatchlings grew up and I decided I liked those better, so I subbed them into my team along with my custom progen.

That's it. That's my coli team to this day.

edit: WAIT actually, one of those OG 3 became my mire flyer, so I raised a fourth dragon to be on the main grinding team. That one was a more deliberate choice - he's the partner of one of the dragons who was already on the team, so it felt right to have them together.
Initially, I picked my two progens + the only other adult dragon in my lair. Because, y'know, that's all I had. Everyone else was a hatchling.

Then two of the hatchlings grew up and I decided I liked those better, so I subbed them into my team along with my custom progen.

That's it. That's my coli team to this day.

edit: WAIT actually, one of those OG 3 became my mire flyer, so I raised a fourth dragon to be on the main grinding team. That one was a more deliberate choice - he's the partner of one of the dragons who was already on the team, so it felt right to have them together.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
Ah.... there are two teams, one for each of my progens. So the teams are close, lorewise.
Ah.... there are two teams, one for each of my progens. So the teams are close, lorewise.
79868604p.png79868603p.png1q7diA4.jpegMreCscM.png
Two of my first Coli dragons were dragons I already owned (one of my progens- Aurelia- and a Guardian- Seaheart), but I bought an Arcane dragon to be a Mire Flyer and she trained in that same team with them (Megrez). I pick dragons, in general, whose color schemes match their eye color/flight vibe, and my Coli kiddos are no different.

It's best to think in terms of three dragons for your first team, and in terms of what venues you want dragons for. As far as I'm aware, you want Arcane (or possibly Lightning?) for the Mire, and Nature or Water for Ghostlight Ruins. If you want to do higher level venues like Golem Workshop or Forbidden Portal, you'll want Fire and Wind (two of them, as opposed to Mire/GLR which can be done with one), and I find that when training parties, having a mage along helps. Dragons at lower levels, especially in Scorched Forest and Forgotten Cave, can get KO'd super easily. Having a healer, even though they might not be as helpful in raw damage, can keep everyone alive longer (and lower your potion spending!)

If it'd be helpful, I can link a couple different guides for getting started in Coli?

I absolutely incorporate my coli dragons' skills into my lore- all dragons in my clan get trained to 10 for self-defense, but the 25s generally have a reason (they like to fight, they're a town guard, they're protective of the others, they're a teacher, they're an edgelord... the list goes on).
Two of my first Coli dragons were dragons I already owned (one of my progens- Aurelia- and a Guardian- Seaheart), but I bought an Arcane dragon to be a Mire Flyer and she trained in that same team with them (Megrez). I pick dragons, in general, whose color schemes match their eye color/flight vibe, and my Coli kiddos are no different.

It's best to think in terms of three dragons for your first team, and in terms of what venues you want dragons for. As far as I'm aware, you want Arcane (or possibly Lightning?) for the Mire, and Nature or Water for Ghostlight Ruins. If you want to do higher level venues like Golem Workshop or Forbidden Portal, you'll want Fire and Wind (two of them, as opposed to Mire/GLR which can be done with one), and I find that when training parties, having a mage along helps. Dragons at lower levels, especially in Scorched Forest and Forgotten Cave, can get KO'd super easily. Having a healer, even though they might not be as helpful in raw damage, can keep everyone alive longer (and lower your potion spending!)

If it'd be helpful, I can link a couple different guides for getting started in Coli?

I absolutely incorporate my coli dragons' skills into my lore- all dragons in my clan get trained to 10 for self-defense, but the 25s generally have a reason (they like to fight, they're a town guard, they're protective of the others, they're a teacher, they're an edgelord... the list goes on).
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

It's good practice, I think, to choose a dragon that is a lot of fun to look at, not just one that you like. You're going to be looking at that dragon a lot in the coli, so it's best to make sure they're fun to look at.
I've been debating getting a second trio, but I just have not found the right dragons for it.
As for special roles, I don't consider lvl canon or else I'd have to level all my outer entities just so they're stronger than everyone else still. Just not a logic I want to put the work into. I'd also have to delete levels from some dragons who have rare color combos somehow (impossible). Lyrus is more of a lvl 17 than a lvl 23 in my mind.
I also just don't give them "warrior" roles. I mean, one of them is a retired witch. Another is a mayor. One is a warrior, I guess, but that's just how I decided to dress her. Then one has no lore and I've been struggling to give him any. Another is a blacksmith, and the last one is a member of the kitsune subspecies and is one of the few that makes any level of sense (though he probably should be a fighter instead of a healer lore-wise).
I picked dragons I really liked as a newbie, for the most part. That didn't fully work out as my tastes solidified, and many of the originals are replaced. That said.
It's good practice, I think, to choose a dragon that is a lot of fun to look at, not just one that you like. You're going to be looking at that dragon a lot in the coli, so it's best to make sure they're fun to look at.
I've been debating getting a second trio, but I just have not found the right dragons for it.
As for special roles, I don't consider lvl canon or else I'd have to level all my outer entities just so they're stronger than everyone else still. Just not a logic I want to put the work into. I'd also have to delete levels from some dragons who have rare color combos somehow (impossible). Lyrus is more of a lvl 17 than a lvl 23 in my mind.
I also just don't give them "warrior" roles. I mean, one of them is a retired witch. Another is a mayor. One is a warrior, I guess, but that's just how I decided to dress her. Then one has no lore and I've been struggling to give him any. Another is a blacksmith, and the last one is a member of the kitsune subspecies and is one of the few that makes any level of sense (though he probably should be a fighter instead of a healer lore-wise).
FObX7rS.png
apUeZZ4.png
If you ping me, please remember to include capitals for each word or I won't get your ping! It's GaleGecko, not galegecko.
My Ghirahim dragon is a ghostlight ruins trainer,seemed perfect for the job, as she is based on a demon warrior. My progens make another team,and my OTHER Ghirahim dragon is part of my Hyrule team,including Zant and Gannondorf fan dragons. All seemed appropriate for one reason or another
My Ghirahim dragon is a ghostlight ruins trainer,seemed perfect for the job, as she is based on a demon warrior. My progens make another team,and my OTHER Ghirahim dragon is part of my Hyrule team,including Zant and Gannondorf fan dragons. All seemed appropriate for one reason or another
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif[url= 7EiI5KP.jpeg FcasiGk.png
She............ (the actual answer: lore reasons lol) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/15430532][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/154306/15430532_350.png[/img][/url] But also these two were the first of mine to reach level 25... but I did it so long ago I can't remember why I picked them... [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/7479375][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/74794/7479375_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/10703257][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/107033/10703257_350.png[/img][/url]
She............

(the actual answer: lore reasons lol)

15430532_350.png

But also these two were the first of mine to reach level 25... but I did it so long ago I can't remember why I picked them...
7479375_350.png
10703257_350.png
lesbiancatcher.png
Zeph / 22 / Redwood
fc4zvun.png
mCzmQ3E.png 9.png
1 2 3 4 5 6