Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Glimmer or Opal
1 2
[center]Hello all! I bought this kid and skin a couple of hours ago~ [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94668491][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/946685/94668491_350.png[/img][/url] And I'm just wondering which gene I should do for his tert.. Glimmer: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=4522804&skin=37824&apparel=&xt=dressing.png[/img] Or Opal: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=4522806&skin=37824&apparel=&xt=dressing.png[/img] Which do you guys like better? I like both for different reasons, so I'd like some other eyes for this one :)
Hello all!
I bought this kid and skin a couple of hours ago~
94668491_350.png
And I'm just wondering which gene I should do for his tert..

Glimmer:
scry?sdid=4522804&skin=37824&apparel=&xt=dressing.png

Or Opal:
scry?sdid=4522806&skin=37824&apparel=&xt=dressing.png

Which do you guys like better? I like both for different reasons, so I'd like some other eyes for this one :)
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
ADULT LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
I'd say Glimmer, its more visible in the skin while the opal goes under, and the red is just a nice color to go with the skin
I'd say Glimmer, its more visible in the skin while the opal goes under, and the red is just a nice color to go with the skin
jJhmri0.pngnBLoI8v.pngBolw6Se.png
Opal!

The congregation of a cooler red tone that Glimmer gives it distracts from the skin. Opal tempers it, and blends in better to let the skin shine.
Opal!

The congregation of a cooler red tone that Glimmer gives it distracts from the skin. Opal tempers it, and blends in better to let the skin shine.
6uaN3MO.png kiNdaIf.png
fidelitas ad familiam. fidelitas ad Matriarch.
a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company located in the center of the light district.
opal; the tones match really well and i like how they distribute some red to his limbs!
x x my name is afri!
they/she FRT+0 ENG/JP
» about me » toyhouse
» commission directory
x x x HNTfLFk.png
Tied so far :)

@Grune
That's why I didn't just go straight for glimmer. That cooler tone of red looks just a little funny with his skin >> Buuttt, I like glimmer for the underbelly.

Opal matches better, but leaves his underbelly just bare.
And expensive predicament I'm in lol
Tied so far :)

@Grune
That's why I didn't just go straight for glimmer. That cooler tone of red looks just a little funny with his skin >> Buuttt, I like glimmer for the underbelly.

Opal matches better, but leaves his underbelly just bare.
And expensive predicament I'm in lol
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
ADULT LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
@Khuzdul
I totally understand, though.
Glimmer is so good on so many dragons.
And I'd usually default to it, too.
But Opal is so gorgeous on the wings especially, because it draws in the warmer red/orange/yellow tones!
@Khuzdul
I totally understand, though.
Glimmer is so good on so many dragons.
And I'd usually default to it, too.
But Opal is so gorgeous on the wings especially, because it draws in the warmer red/orange/yellow tones!
6uaN3MO.png kiNdaIf.png
fidelitas ad familiam. fidelitas ad Matriarch.
a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company located in the center of the light district.

It matches perfectly, and yes, it isn't as visible as Glimmer, but sometimes a subtle tertiary is the better choice, especially when the skincent is quite detailed and "busy" (not in a bad way, but there's just a lot going on). Opal looks like it could be a part of the skincent, everything flows together nicely, and the stained glass effects breaking through his body fit the elements of the skincent so nicely in my eyes (the sun breaking through from behind the wings, and the star shapes). It looks absolutely harmonic and cohesive. Also, the colour palette of Cherry Opal is incredibly pretty itself, and gives off sunset vibes (again, matching the theme of the skin so nicely!), and the wings look better with Opal, too.

Why did I stare at him so long, though, and why did I hesitate? I confess Glimmer gives him a nice balanced look by colouring his belly. But in the end I honestly think the colour tone doesn't match: it's slightly too pink-ish, and it doesn't go well with the other colours (while Opal does). If it was a different, more matchy red, I would have probably chosen Glimmer. But my sense of colours says that it just doesn't fit here.

I really hope this helped a bit :)
Wow, such a breathtaking Imperial. I stared at him for about five minutes now, but I clearly have to say: Opal.

It matches perfectly, and yes, it isn't as visible as Glimmer, but sometimes a subtle tertiary is the better choice, especially when the skincent is quite detailed and "busy" (not in a bad way, but there's just a lot going on). Opal looks like it could be a part of the skincent, everything flows together nicely, and the stained glass effects breaking through his body fit the elements of the skincent so nicely in my eyes (the sun breaking through from behind the wings, and the star shapes). It looks absolutely harmonic and cohesive. Also, the colour palette of Cherry Opal is incredibly pretty itself, and gives off sunset vibes (again, matching the theme of the skin so nicely!), and the wings look better with Opal, too.

Why did I stare at him so long, though, and why did I hesitate? I confess Glimmer gives him a nice balanced look by colouring his belly. But in the end I honestly think the colour tone doesn't match: it's slightly too pink-ish, and it doesn't go well with the other colours (while Opal does). If it was a different, more matchy red, I would have probably chosen Glimmer. But my sense of colours says that it just doesn't fit here.

I really hope this helped a bit :)
ShDdjsG.gif ---
H I D D E N • S A N C T U M
pV7y7eJ.png
"I circle around God, around the ancient tower,
and I have circled for thousands of years ..."
I do like the opal (and normally I much prefer glimmer as a gene). It gives him a sort of fancy fish vibe!

The glimmer is a cool enough shade of red to clash a little bit, and also makes the red fluff on his elbows hard to see.
I do like the opal (and normally I much prefer glimmer as a gene). It gives him a sort of fancy fish vibe!

The glimmer is a cool enough shade of red to clash a little bit, and also makes the red fluff on his elbows hard to see.
he is going to eat your cursorthat sure is a dragonto the endless gardenwould a loving god have created spiral anatomy?wherein I try to draw my lairbuy these dragons before they eat all my foodthere's nothing in this book. you've been had.accent shop
I vote opal, the red tones in opal better match his overall look imo
I vote opal, the red tones in opal better match his overall look imo
i3VCiEO.png
ALL THEY SEE IS A SHADOW
SHE/HER
G1 LAIR
FR +2
1 2