Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do you gene non gen1s?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16
I do! Mostly on breeding projects, but almost all of my gen 2+ dragons are from those anyway. I've used gem genes on them before and will do it again if the project requires it. Certain scries are just not realistically obtainable without directly spending money on genes.
I do! Mostly on breeding projects, but almost all of my gen 2+ dragons are from those anyway. I've used gem genes on them before and will do it again if the project requires it. Certain scries are just not realistically obtainable without directly spending money on genes.
Oasis Songbird .And then the sea swept in, and left us all speechless...
. Wishlist... Sales/Trades... Grab Bags
. Skin/Accent Grab Bags
Yes! Normally I do this either for projects or dragons with a significance for me, but if I want a specific breed with specific xxy, xxx colors I normally do it with non g1s because they are normally very expensive (and in case of gem genes it just gets absurd the amount I would have to spend lol) so yeah
Yes! Normally I do this either for projects or dragons with a significance for me, but if I want a specific breed with specific xxy, xxx colors I normally do it with non g1s because they are normally very expensive (and in case of gem genes it just gets absurd the amount I would have to spend lol) so yeah
SIG-02.png
Only if there's something else that makes them unique, like ID or being an oldie
Only if there's something else that makes them unique, like ID or being an oldie
sBdLZtA.png
I never used to but considering how old some of my non gen1's are I'm willing to invest in them to match the aesthetic, despite being a gen 1 leaning lair now.
I never used to but considering how old some of my non gen1's are I'm willing to invest in them to match the aesthetic, despite being a gen 1 leaning lair now.
button_by_cas_a_fras-db1t2ap.png Accent: Starlit Psychic
“The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien
yep!! there's several reasons I'd re-gene a non-gen1:

- they're an oldie and look kinda plain
- they're a special eye type that I hatched but they don't look quite right
- I think their colors are too nice/have a lot of potential
- I'm too attached to sell them
- they're for a pairing

although this does mean i have a LOT of re-gene projects waiting for their turn...
yep!! there's several reasons I'd re-gene a non-gen1:

- they're an oldie and look kinda plain
- they're a special eye type that I hatched but they don't look quite right
- I think their colors are too nice/have a lot of potential
- I'm too attached to sell them
- they're for a pairing

although this does mean i have a LOT of re-gene projects waiting for their turn...
eldritch horror. It/Its (Black and red) uVEyOnT.png YE53boy.png ypcKWM0.png
oEGalah.png 0bMlzCz.png MFrXBfa.png imUeMEx.png
Yeah! I've done a lot of breeding projects for hatchery pairs and/or fandragons. The color combos were difficult enough to get so usually they get a full regene once I have the right colors and gender.

I do try harder to get the gem genes through breeding as much as possible, but sometimes it just isn't.

Yeah! I've done a lot of breeding projects for hatchery pairs and/or fandragons. The color combos were difficult enough to get so usually they get a full regene once I have the right colors and gender.

I do try harder to get the gem genes through breeding as much as possible, but sometimes it just isn't.

3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
Yes.

Most of my dragons are G2+. And I've re-gened a lot of them.

I usually start my projects in scrying workshop, and then I end up with a very specific concept. It would take me ages if I wanted to find a G1 dragon with colors I need. It's much easier for me to make breeding pairs and then re-gene the dragon. Even If It needs all 3 gem genes X)
Yes.

Most of my dragons are G2+. And I've re-gened a lot of them.

I usually start my projects in scrying workshop, and then I end up with a very specific concept. It would take me ages if I wanted to find a G1 dragon with colors I need. It's much easier for me to make breeding pairs and then re-gene the dragon. Even If It needs all 3 gem genes X)
esifLbR.png
i do all the time!! non g1s have nice colors that i could never find in an affordable g1. i'll breed change em, give em genes, even gem genes! and even change their eye types. its just easier that way :}
i do all the time!! non g1s have nice colors that i could never find in an affordable g1. i'll breed change em, give em genes, even gem genes! and even change their eye types. its just easier that way :}
da64ef312bfd4b00d218c14836b871f044bfa0a7.png Marcie | 28 | they/them | current icon dragon! :} e74fe9ca98503e92fc3b7b5bf41fefc156cac0e5.png
Yes. For fandragons, rare colors, breeding projects, or hatchery pairs. Sometimes a dragon is all of the above.
Yes. For fandragons, rare colors, breeding projects, or hatchery pairs. Sometimes a dragon is all of the above.
Avatar Dragon: Link / Tiny Dragon by AmberscaleArt. Teba
Masterpost of Guides
Fandragons
Regular
Temple of Time Hatchery
maybe like... a g2 from progens
maybe like... a g2 from progens
wishlist
he/kit
xenogender
trans
transmasc

arospec
rosboy
gay
ace

catgender
Adorable Arcane Hatchery! you should listen to them... NOW!!! Coatl Swirls! semi-verbal
autistic
bird dad
please ping!!!
FR+2
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16