Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Closed - Do not reply
1 2 3 4 5
@Adorabell i thought i quoted the post i was responding to, sorry - i was responding more to what options said
@Adorabell i thought i quoted the post i was responding to, sorry - i was responding more to what options said
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
[quote name="Options" date="2024-05-02 13:34:26" ] [quote name="@Kuroikumo" date="2024-05-02 13:25:36" ] if a dragon's name is against the rules then it should be changed? not sure how there is any pushback against that. there are kids on this site. if i see a dragon named something profane then i do report it. staff aren't omnipresent, they can't predict every gross thing you're going to name a dragon and every little change you'll make to get around the rules. [/quote] Its the fact that it was named before the word was banned AND it was only OP's lair that was affected. It was the word "Slur", that was the dragon's name. No ill will was intended, OP collected dragons that have names like that because it was interesting. To my knowledge as well, they need to buy a renaming scroll to rename the dragon. Yes, its only 6kt, but seriously??? Not to mention I have seen a dragon called something that is an abbrieviation for a racial slur. The same for a familliar name too that I have seen. I have reported it several times but still so response! [/quote] i dont know, i think that "slur" is absolutely a name that should be banned lol. it does suck though that you've reported that racial slur and no action has been taken, that's not good. that all said, i think i'm teetering a bit too close to the whole "discussion of the rules" line so i'll be dipping.
Options wrote on 2024-05-02 13:34:26:
@Kuroikumo wrote on 2024-05-02 13:25:36:
if a dragon's name is against the rules then it should be changed? not sure how there is any pushback against that. there are kids on this site. if i see a dragon named something profane then i do report it. staff aren't omnipresent, they can't predict every gross thing you're going to name a dragon and every little change you'll make to get around the rules.

Its the fact that it was named before the word was banned AND it was only OP's lair that was affected. It was the word "Slur", that was the dragon's name. No ill will was intended, OP collected dragons that have names like that because it was interesting.

To my knowledge as well, they need to buy a renaming scroll to rename the dragon. Yes, its only 6kt, but seriously???

Not to mention I have seen a dragon called something that is an abbrieviation for a racial slur. The same for a familliar name too that I have seen. I have reported it several times but still so response!

i dont know, i think that "slur" is absolutely a name that should be banned lol. it does suck though that you've reported that racial slur and no action has been taken, that's not good.

that all said, i think i'm teetering a bit too close to the whole "discussion of the rules" line so i'll be dipping.
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
I don't think it's possible for anyone to "hide" their dragons from the moderators. They can probably run some code to get a list of all the "inappropriate" dragon names + their users currently in use.
I don't think it's possible for anyone to "hide" their dragons from the moderators. They can probably run some code to get a list of all the "inappropriate" dragon names + their users currently in use.
hHi8SF1.pngrix3ppo.png 63e7d1e32734cf1f42976aa3cf98d97aa5bb059a.png
You publicly advertised that you had a dragon with a banned name--specifically something offensive--and are surprised that you got in trouble?
You publicly advertised that you had a dragon with a banned name--specifically something offensive--and are surprised that you got in trouble?
- G1s for sale
- LF any combo of abyss, copper, spruce and other dream g1s
@Osteoderm
Yes.
@Osteoderm
Yes.
tLDem3l.png
@santal cool info! I know I heard of that somewhere but totally forgot about it. Also, yeah, most things are not inherently bad, they just get turned bleak by bigots :/ That's why I still like Pepe and Kek, I won't let some doofuses ruin things, that just empowers them
@santal cool info! I know I heard of that somewhere but totally forgot about it. Also, yeah, most things are not inherently bad, they just get turned bleak by bigots :/ That's why I still like Pepe and Kek, I won't let some doofuses ruin things, that just empowers them
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
...wait, Kim is a banned name?

It's like one of the most ordinary names I can imagine.

Annoying because it now has me paranoid about what other ordinary human names are banned here.

Annoying because it now has me paranoid about what other ordinary human names are banned here.
[quote name="Teeka" date="2024-05-02 14:51:31" ] ...wait, Kim is a banned name? It's like one of the most ordinary names I can imagine. Annoying because it now has me paranoid about what other ordinary human names are banned here. [/quote] Ngl my mind processed for 5 minutes why someone would ban Kim since is a extremely common name and then [i]I realized[/i] … I remember trying to name a dragon after a Street fighter special attack and for some reason that name is banned XD
Teeka wrote on 2024-05-02 14:51:31:

Ngl my mind processed for 5 minutes why someone would ban Kim since is a extremely common name and then I realized
I remember trying to name a dragon after a Street fighter special attack and for some reason that name is banned XD
5a066ddb322c44953d878c49e7978a00895ca735.png
[quote name="@Osteoderm" date="2024-05-02 13:54:11" ] You publicly advertised that you had a dragon with a banned name--specifically something offensive--and are surprised that you got in trouble? [/quote] Absolutely no need to be hostile about it. The name has so many different meanings that aren't offensive. They were simply sharing the dragon because they wanted to see if others had rare/'banned' named dragons too. What you are saying implies they couldn't share the dragon at all without being punished. It was never their intention to cause any harm.
@Osteoderm wrote on 2024-05-02 13:54:11:

Absolutely no need to be hostile about it. The name has so many different meanings that aren't offensive.

They were simply sharing the dragon because they wanted to see if others had rare/'banned' named dragons too. What you are saying implies they couldn't share the dragon at all without being punished.

It was never their intention to cause any harm.

Dont be afraid to @ me! I dont bite
xYtMvtp.png
sometimes i wonder about some of the rules. i've no place to question mod authority, but sometimes i just get curious. i tried to name a dragon strawberry milk, and it wouldn't let me. it let me name it strawbey milk, though.
sometimes i wonder about some of the rules. i've no place to question mod authority, but sometimes i just get curious. i tried to name a dragon strawberry milk, and it wouldn't let me. it let me name it strawbey milk, though.
wishlist
he/kit
xenogender
trans
transmasc

arospec
rosboy
gay
ace

catgender
Adorable Arcane Hatchery! you should listen to them... NOW!!! Coatl Swirls! semi-verbal
autistic
bird dad
please ping!!!
FR+2
1 2 3 4 5