Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Closed - Do not reply
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="Options" date="2024-05-02 16:26:59" ] [quote name="Osteoderm" date="2024-05-02 13:54:11" ] You publicly advertised that you had a dragon with a banned name--specifically something offensive--and are surprised that you got in trouble? [/quote] Absolutely no need to be hostile about it. The name has so many different meanings that aren't offensive. They were simply sharing the dragon because they wanted to see if others had rare/'banned' named dragons too. What you are saying implies they couldn't share the dragon at all without being punished. It was never their intention to cause any harm. [/quote] Just because it has "so many other meanings" doesn't mean that the first thing to come to most people's minds (especially in a very pro-LGBTQ+ community) [i]won't[/i] be a word that is used to insult & dehumanize certain groups of people. EDIT: So sorry for the ping, Osteoderm!
Options wrote on 2024-05-02 16:26:59:
Osteoderm wrote on 2024-05-02 13:54:11:
You publicly advertised that you had a dragon with a banned name--specifically something offensive--and are surprised that you got in trouble?

Absolutely no need to be hostile about it. The name has so many different meanings that aren't offensive.

They were simply sharing the dragon because they wanted to see if others had rare/'banned' named dragons too. What you are saying implies they couldn't share the dragon at all without being punished.

It was never their intention to cause any harm.

Just because it has "so many other meanings" doesn't mean that the first thing to come to most people's minds (especially in a very pro-LGBTQ+ community) won't be a word that is used to insult & dehumanize certain groups of people.

EDIT: So sorry for the ping, Osteoderm!
2KAdknV.png
gTTW2gA.png
GW180jv.png
uVEyOnT.png
DshAKj6.png
iR2WNmx.png
m0cjLtv.png
OP had many dragons named inappropriately. I'm 100% with staff in this case.

@Aequorin
Very sorry for pinging, but this thread has ran its' course & is ripe for a lock/delete before it turns into an argument.

@Aequorin
Very sorry for pinging, but this thread has ran its' course & is ripe for a lock/delete before it turns into an argument.
paLKdZ5.png |
|
|
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifSuns/Kerosene
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifHe-Him / It-Its
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifPing me when replying.
...... arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifSaved Mibella Templates
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifMy Sales Thread
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFAQ
|
|
|
jHRFH13.png
[quote name="xSevenRedSuns" date="2024-05-02 16:57:59" ] OP had many dragons named inappropriately. I'm 100% with staff in this case. @/Aequorin Very sorry for pinging, but this thread has ran its' course & is ripe for a lock/delete before it turns into an argument. [/quote] Yeahhhhh with dragon names like PhatA**, A**Man, LittleBoy (???), 1312... There's a line between banned name hunting and just... y'know...
xSevenRedSuns wrote on 2024-05-02 16:57:59:

@/Aequorin

Yeahhhhh with dragon names like PhatA**, A**Man, LittleBoy (???), 1312... There's a line between banned name hunting and just... y'know...
2KAdknV.png
gTTW2gA.png
GW180jv.png
uVEyOnT.png
DshAKj6.png
iR2WNmx.png
m0cjLtv.png
@Options
If I remember correctly, the dragon they shared was named Slur. While that word does have inoffensive meanings, the fact it has a very derogatory use overshadows that in my opinion. It wasn’t banned because of its less offensive definitions after all. They also had a dragon named LittleBoy, which is far from innocuous as well. If they had dragons with names like Kim, for example, I would be more understanding. But they have dragons with provocative and offensive names, and shined a spotlight on it lol.
@Options
If I remember correctly, the dragon they shared was named Slur. While that word does have inoffensive meanings, the fact it has a very derogatory use overshadows that in my opinion. It wasn’t banned because of its less offensive definitions after all. They also had a dragon named LittleBoy, which is far from innocuous as well. If they had dragons with names like Kim, for example, I would be more understanding. But they have dragons with provocative and offensive names, and shined a spotlight on it lol.
- G1s for sale
- LF any combo of abyss, copper, spruce and other dream g1s
@/Gargouille

I am LGBTQ+ myself, I understand. Still makes me go :/ that it was just their dragons that were renamed and no one elses.

Though I do agree this thread has run its course.
@/Gargouille

I am LGBTQ+ myself, I understand. Still makes me go :/ that it was just their dragons that were renamed and no one elses.

Though I do agree this thread has run its course.

Dont be afraid to @ me! I dont bite
xYtMvtp.png
[quote name="Amei" date="2024-05-02 09:13:48" ] Someone naming their dragon after the dictator would be so unbelievably rare [/quote] That's not a safe assumption to make, unfortunately. We've seen some...interesting...choices over the years. [center][img alt="Scene from Parks & Rec. Ben is standing his desk looking at his laptop. He's disgusted by what he sees and closes it quickly, backing away."]https://media.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExOW5kYmVrMXl4YjUzOWZtM2poYzI1cGF5MHA0eTk1emtuYWdpcm8yeCZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/ozmcaOBoLSY2k/giphy-downsized-large.gif[/img][/center] In any case, this thread is now locked.
Amei wrote on 2024-05-02 09:13:48:
Someone naming their dragon after the dictator would be so unbelievably rare

That's not a safe assumption to make, unfortunately. We've seen some...interesting...choices over the years.
Scene from Parks & Rec. Ben is standing his desk looking at his laptop. He's disgusted by what he sees and closes it quickly, backing away.

In any case, this thread is now locked.
1 2 3 4 5