Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | re: hatchling festival skins
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="wbicepuppy" date="2024-04-30 10:12:47" ] EY skins should be Jox-exclusives, but I'd say a very cute festival baby accent may encourage me to make more EY dragons in my lair... [/quote] i like this alternative - i could also compromise with them not being in festivals at all
wbicepuppy wrote on 2024-04-30 10:12:47:
EY skins should be Jox-exclusives, but I'd say a very cute festival baby accent may encourage me to make more EY dragons in my lair...
i like this alternative - i could also compromise with them not being in festivals at all
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
my permababy lair tab is screaming deep need for umas -- i love this :'D
my permababy lair tab is screaming deep need for umas -- i love this :'D
I387ENf.png
[quote name="Undel" date="2024-04-29 14:06:56" ] We are still working out the specifics. In the meantime, I can assure you that: Any changes or additions to the skins and festivals will happen with a new festival cycle. Ie: Brightshine Jubilee 2024 kicks off a new cycle of festivals. No changes or additions will be in effect for Greenskeeper Gathering 2024. Our approach here is that any hatchling skins that are festival skins and a part of gameplay, will be that they are in addition to, not in replacement of adult skins. Everyone can use adult dragon skins. Hatchling skins, however, require an eternal youth scroll to apply, something not everyone has access to. And to reiterate what @Aequorin said, the suggestions forum is a great place to offer up ideas on hatchling skins and festivals. [/quote] I just wanna say I think having baby fest skins be a thing but not having them compete for adult slots is an amazing idea! It's a really good compromise. Excited to see it implemented once you guys have things ready!
Undel wrote on 2024-04-29 14:06:56:
We are still working out the specifics. In the meantime, I can assure you that:

Any changes or additions to the skins and festivals will happen with a new festival cycle. Ie: Brightshine Jubilee 2024 kicks off a new cycle of festivals. No changes or additions will be in effect for Greenskeeper Gathering 2024.
Our approach here is that any hatchling skins that are festival skins and a part of gameplay, will be that they are in addition to, not in replacement of adult skins. Everyone can use adult dragon skins. Hatchling skins, however, require an eternal youth scroll to apply, something not everyone has access to.

And to reiterate what @Aequorin said, the suggestions forum is a great place to offer up ideas on hatchling skins and festivals.

I just wanna say I think having baby fest skins be a thing but not having them compete for adult slots is an amazing idea! It's a really good compromise. Excited to see it implemented once you guys have things ready!
oRkijoy.png
tqGkHih.png
ePOliyb.png
Q0p4QGz.png
YMPbu9R.png
HCNNZeS.pngmbWgKmD.png
+1 on the Baldwin only idea!
As a newer player I'd get dragons specifically for fest skins. If past-me got a chest drop that had a 350g pricetag attached I'd be disappointed.
As a newer player I'd get dragons specifically for fest skins. If past-me got a chest drop that had a 350g pricetag attached I'd be disappointed.
6359e1941805ff183bd0a8181719020023cc878d.png
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2024-04-30 08:22:40" ] [quote name="@/Contaminate" date="2024-04-29 15:58:34" ] Not near enough demand for such a tiny niche only usable if you buy a gem item I really hope they don't allow eternal youth skins into festival contests [/quote] this has been a highly requested thing since i started in 2018, and from even before that time - it's probably been requested since eternal youth became a thing every week new requests for hatchling specific skins pop up in the suggestion forums, or existing hatchling skin suggestions are bumped up just because you don't see it or need it, doesn't mean the demand isn't there i do understand not wanting festival slots taken up by permababy skins - i agree that they shouldn't and should be given their own category so that the adult skins arent impacted, but i also feel like the festival skin slot system needs to be revamped once again since a majority of the skins are becoming ancient-specific [/quote] The demand for permababy skins is [i]incredibly[/i] niche, seen in the post right after yours, that it would be bizarre to add more festival accent/skin bloat. It's already far too much treasure to get a full collection of festival skins.
hungryhobbits wrote on 2024-04-30 08:22:40:
@/Contaminate wrote on 2024-04-29 15:58:34:
Not near enough demand for such a tiny niche only usable if you buy a gem item

I really hope they don't allow eternal youth skins into festival contests
this has been a highly requested thing since i started in 2018, and from even before that time - it's probably been requested since eternal youth became a thing

every week new requests for hatchling specific skins pop up in the suggestion forums, or existing hatchling skin suggestions are bumped up

just because you don't see it or need it, doesn't mean the demand isn't there

i do understand not wanting festival slots taken up by permababy skins - i agree that they shouldn't and should be given their own category so that the adult skins arent impacted, but i also feel like the festival skin slot system needs to be revamped once again since a majority of the skins are becoming ancient-specific

The demand for permababy skins is incredibly niche, seen in the post right after yours, that it would be bizarre to add more festival accent/skin bloat. It's already far too much treasure to get a full collection of festival skins.
sBdLZtA.png
[quote name="Woohoorandom" date="2024-04-30 14:44:27" ] As a newer player I'd get dragons specifically for fest skins. If past-me got a chest drop that had a 350g pricetag attached I'd be disappointed. [/quote] Personally, I still get dragons specifically for fest skins! But I often end up needing to spend more than 350kt/g on them gene- or breed-change-wise. So maybe my perspective is skewed, but buying an eternal youth scroll for a dragon to match a fest skin doesn't seem outsize. (My latest: I wanted a dragon for Hainu Herder, the wc skin from this Mistjam, but weeks of intermittent AH searching didn't bring up any suitable wind wildclaws. Thankfully a friend got lucky and managed to pop a suitable candidate in a fodder nest that "only" requires a tert change + silhouette (more expensive than a permabab, but it's a lot better than needing a wildclaw scroll so I'll take it))
Woohoorandom wrote on 2024-04-30 14:44:27:
Personally, I still get dragons specifically for fest skins! But I often end up needing to spend more than 350kt/g on them gene- or breed-change-wise. So maybe my perspective is skewed, but buying an eternal youth scroll for a dragon to match a fest skin doesn't seem outsize.

(My latest: I wanted a dragon for Hainu Herder, the wc skin from this Mistjam, but weeks of intermittent AH searching didn't bring up any suitable wind wildclaws. Thankfully a friend got lucky and managed to pop a suitable candidate in a fodder nest that "only" requires a tert change + silhouette (more expensive than a permabab, but it's a lot better than needing a wildclaw scroll so I'll take it))
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
[quote name="@Contaminate" date="2024-04-30 16:06:06" ] [quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2024-04-30 08:22:40" ] [quote name="@/Contaminate" date="2024-04-29 15:58:34" ] Not near enough demand for such a tiny niche only usable if you buy a gem item I really hope they don't allow eternal youth skins into festival contests [/quote] this has been a highly requested thing since i started in 2018, and from even before that time - it's probably been requested since eternal youth became a thing every week new requests for hatchling specific skins pop up in the suggestion forums, or existing hatchling skin suggestions are bumped up just because you don't see it or need it, doesn't mean the demand isn't there i do understand not wanting festival slots taken up by permababy skins - i agree that they shouldn't and should be given their own category so that the adult skins arent impacted, but i also feel like the festival skin slot system needs to be revamped once again since a majority of the skins are becoming ancient-specific [/quote] The demand for permababy skins is [i]incredibly[/i] niche, seen in the post right after yours, that it would be bizarre to add more festival accent/skin bloat. It's already far too much treasure to get a full collection of festival skins. [/quote] well that's why i said i would be happy to compromise that permababy skins aren't even included in the festival skins - i personally don't buy those hardly as it is, and just because theyre EY specific doesnt mean i'd be anymore enticed to buy them another compromise i poised is just having a very small sub section where you have all the slots dedicated to adults and then maybe like a very small separate section for permababy skins if we absolutely have to have them in festivals the more i think about it, the more i think EY should probably just be excluded from festivals - they should be UMA's only with the occasional site created ones for different things like the coliseum
@Contaminate wrote on 2024-04-30 16:06:06:
hungryhobbits wrote on 2024-04-30 08:22:40:
@/Contaminate wrote on 2024-04-29 15:58:34:
Not near enough demand for such a tiny niche only usable if you buy a gem item

I really hope they don't allow eternal youth skins into festival contests
this has been a highly requested thing since i started in 2018, and from even before that time - it's probably been requested since eternal youth became a thing

every week new requests for hatchling specific skins pop up in the suggestion forums, or existing hatchling skin suggestions are bumped up

just because you don't see it or need it, doesn't mean the demand isn't there

i do understand not wanting festival slots taken up by permababy skins - i agree that they shouldn't and should be given their own category so that the adult skins arent impacted, but i also feel like the festival skin slot system needs to be revamped once again since a majority of the skins are becoming ancient-specific

The demand for permababy skins is incredibly niche, seen in the post right after yours, that it would be bizarre to add more festival accent/skin bloat. It's already far too much treasure to get a full collection of festival skins.
well that's why i said i would be happy to compromise that permababy skins aren't even included in the festival skins - i personally don't buy those hardly as it is, and just because theyre EY specific doesnt mean i'd be anymore enticed to buy them

another compromise i poised is just having a very small sub section where you have all the slots dedicated to adults and then maybe like a very small separate section for permababy skins if we absolutely have to have them in festivals

the more i think about it, the more i think EY should probably just be excluded from festivals - they should be UMA's only with the occasional site created ones for different things like the coliseum
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
[quote name="Woohoorandom" date="2024-04-30 14:44:27" ] +1 on the Baldwin only idea! As a newer player I'd get dragons specifically for fest skins. If past-me got a chest drop that had a 350g pricetag attached I'd be disappointed. [/quote] Add me to that as well. I'd love Permababy fest skins, I think they'd be adorable and a fun way to celebrate festivals. Baldwin fest skins cost almost nothing aside from a handful of treasure and some easily-accessible materials, and it's a sort of "opt-in" method of obtaining skins. Permababies technically [i]are[/i] a luxury with that 350g, but that's honestly not a difficult about of gems to obtain with a little bit of casual but committed play (keep dragons fed, sell spare items on the AH, farm the fairgrounds and convert your treasure into gems in a trade forum, etc.). The price difference between a festival skin and an 800g UMA is monumental, why should Permababies be barred off from these cheap, easy-to-obtain skins?
Woohoorandom wrote on 2024-04-30 14:44:27:
Add me to that as well. I'd love Permababy fest skins, I think they'd be adorable and a fun way to celebrate festivals. Baldwin fest skins cost almost nothing aside from a handful of treasure and some easily-accessible materials, and it's a sort of "opt-in" method of obtaining skins.

Permababies technically are a luxury with that 350g, but that's honestly not a difficult about of gems to obtain with a little bit of casual but committed play (keep dragons fed, sell spare items on the AH, farm the fairgrounds and convert your treasure into gems in a trade forum, etc.). The price difference between a festival skin and an 800g UMA is monumental, why should Permababies be barred off from these cheap, easy-to-obtain skins?
ytkEBod.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
9PstSFT.png
Wn6vGC1.png
IrmwTXC.png
JuaytuP.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
loimysO.png
..…….
look-at-my-fursona-her-name-is-Marsh.png
wind.gif you-WILL-look-at-my-fursona.png
I think it's alright to include them. Adding them is completely fine.
It's just a matter of preference. If you want a permababy with skin? Fine. If you want a permababy without skin? Fine. If you want no permababy, but want to hoard skins for fun? Fine too! It's just what you prefer :3

But also-
Doubling the amount of accepted fest skins is a good idea. With the amount of poses, it's also really easy to see which specific ones will get more entries (Imps, baby Coatls, F Skydancers, Wildclaws, baby Mirrors, baby Gaolers, to name a few). I can definitely see some hatchling poses getting more skin entries than others.
I think it's alright to include them. Adding them is completely fine.
It's just a matter of preference. If you want a permababy with skin? Fine. If you want a permababy without skin? Fine. If you want no permababy, but want to hoard skins for fun? Fine too! It's just what you prefer :3

But also-
Doubling the amount of accepted fest skins is a good idea. With the amount of poses, it's also really easy to see which specific ones will get more entries (Imps, baby Coatls, F Skydancers, Wildclaws, baby Mirrors, baby Gaolers, to name a few). I can definitely see some hatchling poses getting more skin entries than others.
i6v47.gif ART SHOP! | Fandragons! | Wishlist3Wlxo1.pngoUpjQ1.pngDRHmW1.png|zWJck.gifDJ3xg.gifcyfCl.gif85beD.gif
So I understand the issue but I still think that eternal youthful dragons should also get festival skins. The devs could make a few slots for adult dragon skins and then a few less slots like 2 for only youthful dragons skins so everybody would get something
So I understand the issue but I still think that eternal youthful dragons should also get festival skins. The devs could make a few slots for adult dragon skins and then a few less slots like 2 for only youthful dragons skins so everybody would get something
Under construction, please send help
1 2 3 4 5 6 7