Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | So what did yall think of the dusthides
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Personally I relay like them! one of my favorite ancients. I got lucky with my pair both being pretty, having a male and a female, and their potential offspring looking nice as well. Just need to get Blossom for the female and pick out names... [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94385670][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/943857/94385670_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94385702][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/943858/94385702_350.png[/img][/url]
Personally I relay like them! one of my favorite ancients. I got lucky with my pair both being pretty, having a male and a female, and their potential offspring looking nice as well. Just need to get Blossom for the female and pick out names...

94385670_350.png

94385702_350.png
oaolHwW.png
Al1BEGR.png
JvUa9ma.png
xjB7OSe.png
BzjAkuF.png
a69iToJ.png
79991902.png 33016095.png 88027890.png 81385343.png
Not my thing, but they do seem to have been more popular than I heard the first few days according to that Tumblr poll I made.

Not bad to draw either.
Not my thing, but they do seem to have been more popular than I heard the first few days according to that Tumblr poll I made.

Not bad to draw either.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
Initially, I was surprised they even got wings; I thought their "shell" from the reveal (which is actually the tail) could make a good secondary. Then again, they have potential. I'm curious if we're going to get more tertiary genes that mostly affect only the head area anatomy (such as Pachy).
They also have a pretty neat gene selection (Veil, Spore, new gem genes, display/parade) and distibution on their hide. Also, tertiary: Augument, in my subjective opinion, looks amaizing on them.
So, overall, they're alright.
Initially, I was surprised they even got wings; I thought their "shell" from the reveal (which is actually the tail) could make a good secondary. Then again, they have potential. I'm curious if we're going to get more tertiary genes that mostly affect only the head area anatomy (such as Pachy).
They also have a pretty neat gene selection (Veil, Spore, new gem genes, display/parade) and distibution on their hide. Also, tertiary: Augument, in my subjective opinion, looks amaizing on them.
So, overall, they're alright.
{about}
FR time +9
pings OK
|
|
|
HW4lpxl.png
Specifically within the discussion forums it was mixed. But thats usually expected for any new release.

personally, this was the ancient I was least excited about. Mainly because, as others stated, it doesnt break the rules of 4 legs 2 wings like the other ancients do.

That being said, I do like them. I think they perfectly encompass what a european dragon would look like if it became subterranean. The genes are also reallllyyyyyyy good
Specifically within the discussion forums it was mixed. But thats usually expected for any new release.

personally, this was the ancient I was least excited about. Mainly because, as others stated, it doesnt break the rules of 4 legs 2 wings like the other ancients do.

That being said, I do like them. I think they perfectly encompass what a european dragon would look like if it became subterranean. The genes are also reallllyyyyyyy good
Accent shopCBsJXZk.gif Accent: Moonlight Halo Buy!
They're okay to me. I personally wanted them wingless. Not enough ancients break the mold of Moderns; and that's sad. Ancients should be out of that box. The design itself is lacking to me. I have to use a line breaking tertiary gene to actually be comfortable with them. And they have ghost which is one of my favorite tertiary genes, but I don't feel comfortable using it when the design is lacking. I have 5 of them at the moment; and all have line breaking tertiary genes (spore, pachy, veil). Though veil isn't in my top favorite tertiary genes for Dusthide and only one of my Dusthides pulles it off well.

I still wish they were wingless with six clawed legs and an armored back, and had little rounded tipped horns on their head.
They're okay to me. I personally wanted them wingless. Not enough ancients break the mold of Moderns; and that's sad. Ancients should be out of that box. The design itself is lacking to me. I have to use a line breaking tertiary gene to actually be comfortable with them. And they have ghost which is one of my favorite tertiary genes, but I don't feel comfortable using it when the design is lacking. I have 5 of them at the moment; and all have line breaking tertiary genes (spore, pachy, veil). Though veil isn't in my top favorite tertiary genes for Dusthide and only one of my Dusthides pulles it off well.

I still wish they were wingless with six clawed legs and an armored back, and had little rounded tipped horns on their head.
FeIiZnO.png
They're my least favorite breed. They don't particularly offend or disappoint, but they're just generally underwhelming. I don't like the bald head, either. At least skins and tertiary genes can fix that.
They're my least favorite breed. They don't particularly offend or disappoint, but they're just generally underwhelming. I don't like the bald head, either. At least skins and tertiary genes can fix that.
i don't know why people are giving the dusthide design flack for not breaking the "four legs, two wings" modern formula! veilspun don't break it either. their reception by users active at the time of their release was pretty positive

love that the dusthide design and lore both incorporate elements of so many different extant species (pangolins, armadillos, assorted burrowing lizards, mole rats, pachycephalosaurids, iguanas)
i don't know why people are giving the dusthide design flack for not breaking the "four legs, two wings" modern formula! veilspun don't break it either. their reception by users active at the time of their release was pretty positive

love that the dusthide design and lore both incorporate elements of so many different extant species (pangolins, armadillos, assorted burrowing lizards, mole rats, pachycephalosaurids, iguanas)
@bogfriend
she / her | + 3 fr time | avatar dragon
I don't post as much anymore so I didn't really say anything (it's just an ancient after all) but I'm pretty disappointed because this dragon feels like it's trying to appeal to someone like me? (wow underrated awesome animals like pangolins or isopods!!?) but it feels like it tries to still be a safe design that wouldn't scare away the average dragon fan so it's just this (my view) awkward bland kinda ugly dragon that doesn't appeal to me uhm. xD It's kinda like those games that turn the dragon into a human to not scare anyone away. It's not like I hate it. I can still like it or own it to have it wear skins and stuff. It's just not my specific taste yeah. In the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter. There will be lots of dragons in the future.
I don't post as much anymore so I didn't really say anything (it's just an ancient after all) but I'm pretty disappointed because this dragon feels like it's trying to appeal to someone like me? (wow underrated awesome animals like pangolins or isopods!!?) but it feels like it tries to still be a safe design that wouldn't scare away the average dragon fan so it's just this (my view) awkward bland kinda ugly dragon that doesn't appeal to me uhm. xD It's kinda like those games that turn the dragon into a human to not scare anyone away. It's not like I hate it. I can still like it or own it to have it wear skins and stuff. It's just not my specific taste yeah. In the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter. There will be lots of dragons in the future.
6OECEOe.pnglWOVJox.png
[quote name="GoldeFeathyr" date="2024-04-29 20:31:51" ] I hate them. Their heads are too p hallic. [/quote] This D: They're really not my jam.
GoldeFeathyr wrote on 2024-04-29 20:31:51:
I hate them. Their heads are too p hallic.

This D: They're really not my jam.
tumblr_inline_ofoo1lSs6W1tfmvub_100.png        Nature is forever

female · she/her
Please ping me in forums
Lore · For Sale · Avatar
[quote name="GoldeFeathyr" date="2024-04-29 20:31:51" ] I hate them. Their heads are too p hallic. [/quote] I can't unsee it now.
GoldeFeathyr wrote on 2024-04-29 20:31:51:
I hate them. Their heads are too p hallic.

I can't unsee it now.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8