Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | So what did yall think of the dusthides
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I think they're a bit...bald? Yeah, bald by default, but I like them.
I think they're a bit...bald? Yeah, bald by default, but I like them.
Kind of boring and uninspired tbh. Their big claws and big spiky gecko tail are fun ideas and I wish they had pushed them further. Maybe if they had given them a fun snout like a starnosed mole it would have made up for the baldness
Kind of boring and uninspired tbh. Their big claws and big spiky gecko tail are fun ideas and I wish they had pushed them further. Maybe if they had given them a fun snout like a starnosed mole it would have made up for the baldness
Elsie | She / they|
I have a wishlist / trading thread! x
7J1Hgbi.pngYya65zH.pngy6Tz96p.png
I quite like them! Not a huge fan of the very bald design, but obviously that's a personal opinion and there are a few terts that circumvent their silly bald heads lol.

I understand why a few people don't like them, but personally I'm very happy with how fleshed out and lovely these dragons are when the devs are pushing them out with only a few months in between ancients. It's impressive!

I'll definitely be keeping my clanbound G1s and potentially scrying a couple of my ungened G1s into Dusthides, even if they don't majorly populate my lair like other breeds do (looking at you, Wildclaws... my poor meat stores)

The last ancient breed I LOVED was Sandsurges, though again, definitely a personal opinion!
I quite like them! Not a huge fan of the very bald design, but obviously that's a personal opinion and there are a few terts that circumvent their silly bald heads lol.

I understand why a few people don't like them, but personally I'm very happy with how fleshed out and lovely these dragons are when the devs are pushing them out with only a few months in between ancients. It's impressive!

I'll definitely be keeping my clanbound G1s and potentially scrying a couple of my ungened G1s into Dusthides, even if they don't majorly populate my lair like other breeds do (looking at you, Wildclaws... my poor meat stores)

The last ancient breed I LOVED was Sandsurges, though again, definitely a personal opinion!
Ke13xP8.png
Has anyone worked out yet what the breeding rarity is for Strike/Coil? I know they have to be either common or uncommon, and I've only just managed to gene my male Dusthide so I can test the RNG on the breeding scry tool. I came up with 10:44 Sailfish (ltd) vs Strike, which is around 1:4 - the ratio for U/L genes is 15:85 or 3:17 or <1:6 so that's probably it, I think if it was common it would be coming up far less (1:9) which is why I stopped testing. I adore this breed far more than I would have expected, and I really like most of the gene combos although antlers just makes me wince even though it looks great - the thought of it in action..! >.< I particularly love spores and sailfish/marlin seems to work on them great. But I don't understand why they only have one festival gene when all the other breeds have at least two :( I guess they're lined up to get Greenskeeper next, but I really hope they'll give them Rockbreaker in November. If you check them out, every single other Ancient so far has its own festival gene, but not these? [emoji=dusthide sad size=1] @EclipseDragon The Lithops in your sig remind me of little Dusties! <3
Has anyone worked out yet what the breeding rarity is for Strike/Coil? I know they have to be either common or uncommon, and I've only just managed to gene my male Dusthide so I can test the RNG on the breeding scry tool.

I came up with 10:44 Sailfish (ltd) vs Strike, which is around 1:4 - the ratio for U/L genes is 15:85 or 3:17 or <1:6 so that's probably it, I think if it was common it would be coming up far less (1:9) which is why I stopped testing.

I adore this breed far more than I would have expected, and I really like most of the gene combos although antlers just makes me wince even though it looks great - the thought of it in action..! >.< I particularly love spores and sailfish/marlin seems to work on them great. But I don't understand why they only have one festival gene when all the other breeds have at least two :( I guess they're lined up to get Greenskeeper next, but I really hope they'll give them Rockbreaker in November. If you check them out, every single other Ancient so far has its own festival gene, but not these?

@EclipseDragon The Lithops in your sig remind me of little Dusties! <3
CTF4up6.png
I especially like the females. Wish I had room for more.
I especially like the females. Wish I had room for more.
April showers bring forth May flowers
@Fledhyris Strike and coil likely follow this guide. I haven’t bred any to know for sure, but I don’t see why they would change up the rarity. Must be RNG being unfair… From [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/3109561]this [/url]useful guide. [img]https://i.postimg.cc/jdpv8s3q/Dusthide.png[/img][img]https://i.postimg.cc/3RGB3NNf/Rarity.png[/img]
@Fledhyris
Strike and coil likely follow this guide. I haven’t bred any to know for sure, but I don’t see why they would change up the rarity. Must be RNG being unfair…
From this useful guide.

Dusthide.pngRarity.png
I would like them more if there were more and cheaper tertiary genes that made them look not bald
I would like them more if there were more and cheaper tertiary genes that made them look not bald
j3zsWMV.png
Not my favorite, but cool. I mean, it's by no means ugly but is giving sphynx cat energy.
Not my favorite, but cool. I mean, it's by no means ugly but is giving sphynx cat energy.
2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gifRisk - It/They - Please Ping2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gif

Hi welcome to chillis
I like them! Although I've heard they got a mixed reception overall which I can understand. At first I was put off by how they looked, but overtime I gradually grew fond of them.
I like them! Although I've heard they got a mixed reception overall which I can understand. At first I was put off by how they looked, but overtime I gradually grew fond of them.
~
~
b249b1dbc50baf6f32da54dfe296327c5ac51d6d.png
~ W Y R M
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
he/himFR+8
~ ~

NAh145F.png
The "baldness" is perfect for UMA head covers and that on its own is a huge win in my book. Anyway, they also look like sharks which is another huge win. Imo they're delightful <3 [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=20&bodygene=313&breed=25&element=6&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=3&tertgene=275&winggene=311&wings=131&auth=c9144c9434947a00b054a07540f98e692bc09fe8&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
The "baldness" is perfect for UMA head covers and that on its own is a huge win in my book.

Anyway, they also look like sharks which is another huge win. Imo they're delightful <3

dragon?age=0&body=20&bodygene=313&breed=25&element=6&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=3&tertgene=275&winggene=311&wings=131&auth=c9144c9434947a00b054a07540f98e692bc09fe8&dummyext=prev.png
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8