Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | do you ever just misread a name
1 2 3 4
Fishpine Reef.

I know it's Fishspine, but my brain refuses to accept that. Fishpine all the way.
Fishpine Reef.

I know it's Fishspine, but my brain refuses to accept that. Fishpine all the way.
All. The. Time. I scroll the AH for dragons a lot and when I see named dragons I have to do a double take 9 times out of 10 because I badly misread the name as something completely ridiculous.

Also, "Carl Wheezer" is a hilarious misread. X'D
All. The. Time. I scroll the AH for dragons a lot and when I see named dragons I have to do a double take 9 times out of 10 because I badly misread the name as something completely ridiculous.

Also, "Carl Wheezer" is a hilarious misread. X'D
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
[quote name="CattLovesCats" date="2024-04-23 08:52:11" ] [quote name="colorscapes" date="2024-04-23 08:49:29" ] I keep misremembering the stiration gene's name. I probably got it wrong this time too. let me see... ...[emoji=tundra sad size=1] [/quote] me with thyacline edit: DANG IT Thylacine [/quote] i can't spell sclera to save my life unless i sit there for a handful of seconds and [i]think[/i] about how to spell it. my dyslexia kills me sometimes lmao
CattLovesCats wrote on 2024-04-23 08:52:11:
colorscapes wrote on 2024-04-23 08:49:29:
I keep misremembering the stiration gene's name. I probably got it wrong this time too. let me see...

me with thyacline

edit: DANG IT Thylacine
i can't spell sclera to save my life unless i sit there for a handful of seconds and think about how to spell it. my dyslexia kills me sometimes lmao
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
i misread thread names all the time
i misread thread names all the time
a simple gif of a courier dragon flying facing to the right. It is a completely black silhouette with black particles around it One day I'm going to
hand you something and
it's going to be a bug.
It/Its Pronouns
Aro/Ace
Agender Man
FR Time +2
IMlLWzB.gif
so you're telling me its gembond and not gembound!????
so you're telling me its gembond and not gembound!????
< using my brain powers to get you to buy for 850g MONTY
he/it/veil
adhdtism
skincent shop
93641105.png
[item=Fuiran] This whole line of familiars - for the longest time I was reading them as Furian.
Fuiran

This whole line of familiars - for the longest time I was reading them as Furian.
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
[quote name="Senya" date="2024-04-27 01:53:21" ] [item=Fuiran] This whole line of familiars - for the longest time I was reading them as Furian. [/quote] ... They aren't Furian?? [b]For a classic below:[/b] [item=Tertiary Gene: Gembond]
Senya wrote on 2024-04-27 01:53:21:
Fuiran

This whole line of familiars - for the longest time I was reading them as Furian.

... They aren't Furian??

For a classic below:

Tertiary Gene: Gembond
A bottle of Dasani (water)
Please drink water.

Step away if things get heated.
[quote name="Senya" date="2024-04-27 01:53:21" ] [item=Fuiran] This whole line of familiars - for the longest time I was reading them as Furian. [/quote] WAIT... NO... I've been reading them wrong in my head this whole time... [emoji=bogsneak scared size=1] Also, this one's kind of weird but there are two other users on this site with names that are in some way structured like mine, or sound like mine in some way so every time I see them I think it's me and get very confused...Or sometimes I just accept that it's me and try to figure out how I forgot I posted that... Yeah. Cool usernames though XD
Fuiran

WAIT... NO... I've been reading them wrong in my head this whole time...

Also, this one's kind of weird but there are two other users on this site with names that are in some way structured like mine, or sound like mine in some way so every time I see them I think it's me and get very confused...Or sometimes I just accept that it's me and try to figure out how I forgot I posted that... Yeah. Cool usernames though XD
fav FR colour: spruce
fav FR gene combo: pinstripe/shimmer/capsule
fav FR breed: coatl
w8o0xW1.png ping me please
they/them
[quote name="Senya" date="2024-04-27 01:53:21" ] [item=Fuiran] This whole line of familiars - for the longest time I was reading them as Furian. [/quote] wait what??? :') since when are they not furian????
Fuiran

wait what??? :') since when are they not furian????
HzGpUHb.png
[quote name="Senya" date="2024-04-27 01:53:21" ] [item=Fuiran] This whole line of familiars - for the longest time I was reading them as Furian. [/quote] WHAT,????? I THOUGHT THEY WERE FURIANS???????? ----- Also, there are several genes where I never bothered to pronounce them right or even know how to spell them because I'm not saying them out loud [item=Tertiary Gene: Thylacine] Thylacine? No that's Thylacane (THIGH-la-cane) [item=Primary Auraboa Gene: Mochlus] Who's Mochlus? All I know is Mochulus (MOCK-yew-liss) [item=Secondary Gene: Myrid] Literally only now am I relealizing that this is probably pronounced "Mear-id" and not "Mear-ee-id [item=Primary Gene: Chrysocolla] Chrysolla (kris-SO-la) [item=Tertiary Veilspun Gene: Diaphanous] Dianyphous (Digh-uh-NIGH-fuss)
Fuiran

WHAT,????? I THOUGHT THEY WERE FURIANS????????
Also, there are several genes where I never bothered to pronounce them right or even know how to spell them because I'm not saying them out loud
Tertiary Gene: Thylacine Thylacine? No that's Thylacane (THIGH-la-cane)
Primary Auraboa Gene: Mochlus Who's Mochlus? All I know is Mochulus (MOCK-yew-liss)
Secondary Gene: Myrid Literally only now am I relealizing that this is probably pronounced "Mear-id" and not "Mear-ee-id
Primary Gene: Chrysocolla Chrysolla (kris-SO-la)
Tertiary Veilspun Gene: Diaphanous Dianyphous (Digh-uh-NIGH-fuss)
2.png
HdmxfuE.png
Mrw4w2X.png
1 2 3 4