Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WATERDOM] Library in the Sky [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 86 87
Daily reading

Just work manuscripts and webtoons today!

What's your favorite book written before 2000?

Apparently Briar's Book came out in 1999, so... saved! Definitely that, haha.
Daily reading

Just work manuscripts and webtoons today!

Apparently Briar's Book came out in 1999, so... saved! Definitely that, haha.
GZJetP5.pngp0ktFPn.png1cqnXuZ.png6PSSZLJ.png
Fav book written before 2000.. hmm that's most of mine hahaha I dunno if I can pick so I'll just go with Mrs. Dalloway!

Today I read a suuuuper cute single dad AU!!
Fav book written before 2000.. hmm that's most of mine hahaha I dunno if I can pick so I'll just go with Mrs. Dalloway!

Today I read a suuuuper cute single dad AU!!
TO5f5vS.pngp5Y4Rj3.png
3adgzZD.pngmlHpBMC.png

o6n8ZXM.png3I473vH.png
GgsD4JX.png o9yS1eq.png
n2h1rdv.png
7UXlQKU.gif
Daily Reading
Only managed to get through one more chapter of "I Have Nothing to Hide" today, but I did arrive at the third and final part of the book which is exciting! My quote for the day is this: "Our default legal setting seems to be that surveillance of Americans who are not suspected of engaging in criminal activity is legal unless specifically forbidden. And even then, there are many ways to get around the strictures of the law."

Daily Question
Well, my regular favorite book (Magic's Pawn by Mercedes Lackey) was written in 1989, so I think that should count!
Daily Reading
Only managed to get through one more chapter of "I Have Nothing to Hide" today, but I did arrive at the third and final part of the book which is exciting! My quote for the day is this: "Our default legal setting seems to be that surveillance of Americans who are not suspected of engaging in criminal activity is legal unless specifically forbidden. And even then, there are many ways to get around the strictures of the law."

Daily Question
Well, my regular favorite book (Magic's Pawn by Mercedes Lackey) was written in 1989, so I think that should count!
X
JuaytuP.png
J7D1quC.png
5hF3FGk.png
optH9Kd.png
LTm7UbO.png
YMPbu9R.png
Js0HRQT.png
VgQr1kz.png

vx6PPYy.png
Continued "Necromancer Survival", also read a few chapters from various webtoons.

Daily Question: What's your favorite book written before 2000?
The Chronicles of Narnia!
Continued "Necromancer Survival", also read a few chapters from various webtoons.

Daily Question: What's your favorite book written before 2000?
The Chronicles of Narnia!
SVrf4gw.pngoO4Btix.pnghi!
Yet another day of work reading, wheeeee! At least I have some free time later. :D

Apr. 26: What's your favorite book written before 2000?
Several of the Discworld books were written before 2000. Heck, I think some of them were even written before I was born. xD I still haven't managed to collect all the books, but some of my pre-2000 favorites include Guards! Guards! and Feet of Clay.
Yet another day of work reading, wheeeee! At least I have some free time later. :D

Apr. 26: What's your favorite book written before 2000?
Several of the Discworld books were written before 2000. Heck, I think some of them were even written before I was born. xD I still haven't managed to collect all the books, but some of my pre-2000 favorites include Guards! Guards! and Feet of Clay.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
more dragon fic ^-^

daily question: kurt vonnegut's cat's cradle can count here again! also a fan of moby d!ck, hamlet, the little prince :3

edit: GAH! canNOT believe i forgot about the earthsea cycle. DEFINITELY my fav pre-2000 book series. now there's some good heckin fantasy
more dragon fic ^-^

daily question: kurt vonnegut's cat's cradle can count here again! also a fan of moby d!ck, hamlet, the little prince :3

edit: GAH! canNOT believe i forgot about the earthsea cycle. DEFINITELY my fav pre-2000 book series. now there's some good heckin fantasy
DRAGONS !
Daily Reading

Read some Jason Todd homecoming AUs. Still not feeling like reading wordy books.

The Picture of Dorian Gray for a single book and The Chronicles of Narnia for a series.
Daily Reading

Read some Jason Todd homecoming AUs. Still not feeling like reading wordy books.

The Picture of Dorian Gray for a single book and The Chronicles of Narnia for a series.
[quote]What's your favorite book written before 2000?[/quote] Shirley Jackson's[i] The Haunting of Hill House[/i] (1959) is my favorite work of fiction, which I've discussed previously. Since I've already talked about this book though I'll throw in Henry James' 1898 novella [i]The Turn of the Screw[/i] as another good horror piece. Today I read a lot of stuff about programming because I'm trying to set up a bunch of stuff. This counts, I think?
Quote:
Shirley Jackson's The Haunting of Hill House (1959) is my favorite work of fiction, which I've discussed previously. Since I've already talked about this book though I'll throw in Henry James' 1898 novella The Turn of the Screw as another good horror piece.

Today I read a lot of stuff about programming because I'm trying to set up a bunch of stuff. This counts, I think?
BoVzcWO.gif
daily reading
began katherine kerr's foray into cyberpunk esque fantasy with PALACE: a novel of the pinch. lizard men, cyber sorcerers, aliens that communicate via scent. it's so funny that the space future region naming conventions of the time entailed adding a 'the' to a noun. the palace, the closet, the bower, the pinch. i wish we'd adopt that now. i'd volunteer my town as the hole, haha.

hmm. i used to have such a sore spot for evelyn waugh's brideshead revisted. in retrospect nothing about that novel could have connected with any part of my trailer park roots, but something about the julia character grabbed me so completely. maybe that she went to college? haha.
nowadays? if it's a room of strangers i'll say gabriell garcia marquez's 100 years of solitude. if it's fellow ne'erdowells and i'm being honest, definitely mervyn peake's gormenghast.
daily reading
began katherine kerr's foray into cyberpunk esque fantasy with PALACE: a novel of the pinch. lizard men, cyber sorcerers, aliens that communicate via scent. it's so funny that the space future region naming conventions of the time entailed adding a 'the' to a noun. the palace, the closet, the bower, the pinch. i wish we'd adopt that now. i'd volunteer my town as the hole, haha.

hmm. i used to have such a sore spot for evelyn waugh's brideshead revisted. in retrospect nothing about that novel could have connected with any part of my trailer park roots, but something about the julia character grabbed me so completely. maybe that she went to college? haha.
nowadays? if it's a room of strangers i'll say gabriell garcia marquez's 100 years of solitude. if it's fellow ne'erdowells and i'm being honest, definitely mervyn peake's gormenghast.
A stick of yellow butter with blue butterfly wings. At by MythicalViper!
I FINISHED THE 3 BODY TRILOGY TODAY. I read the entire trilogy in...two-ish weeks? That's how good it was, I just flew right through it. Honestly, I am astonished by some people's minds. Liu Cixin has an imagination big enough to span the entire universe and all of time. We may not have lightspeed capability IRL, but I think through people like him, we can nevertheless step outside of space-time and take a good look back at it. [quote=Death's End by Liu Cixin]WE LIVED A HAPPY LIFE TOGETHER.[/quote] [b]Question of the Day (FRIDAY):[/b] [i]What's your favorite book written before 2000?[/i] I have such a hard time answering these "favorite" questions, because books are so different and they hit differently at different times for different people. I'll just say that very little beats Lord of the Rings and let that be the end of it.
I FINISHED THE 3 BODY TRILOGY TODAY. I read the entire trilogy in...two-ish weeks? That's how good it was, I just flew right through it. Honestly, I am astonished by some people's minds. Liu Cixin has an imagination big enough to span the entire universe and all of time. We may not have lightspeed capability IRL, but I think through people like him, we can nevertheless step outside of space-time and take a good look back at it.

Death's End by Liu Cixin wrote:
WE LIVED A HAPPY LIFE TOGETHER.

Question of the Day (FRIDAY):

I have such a hard time answering these "favorite" questions, because books are so different and they hit differently at different times for different people. I'll just say that very little beats Lord of the Rings and let that be the end of it.
nPGTVwx.png
1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 86 87