Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Add KS Items to the Achievement Shop
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[quote name="Ikunoche" date="2024-04-26 06:56:38" ] At this point we should also consider the feelings of people, who have saved for and bought Kickstarter items for 100-200k ($900-1800) gems per piece. Imagine if someone were to buy a Gilded Crown today for 200k gems and find out tomorrow that Gilded Crowns will be made available for everyone through free gameplay. [/quote] While I can't speak for KS stuff, I can speak for Y1 stuff. And as one who had to save up a boatload for her Y1 festival items, I would be FINE with those getting rereleased (say, through JoxBox). So please don't presume what other people may or may not feel. Perhaps those people who spent a boatload on KS items, as showcased in this thread [b]would[/b] be fine with seeing them available. And those who are okay with it? Their feelings are every bit as valid as those who aren't okay with it. FR shouldn't cater to just those who aren't okay with this based on feelings alone. That being said, FR also shouldn't cater to those who are okay with this based on feelings alone. FR should make decisions based on what's best for the site overall.
Ikunoche wrote on 2024-04-26 06:56:38:
At this point we should also consider the feelings of people, who have saved for and bought Kickstarter items for 100-200k ($900-1800) gems per piece. Imagine if someone were to buy a Gilded Crown today for 200k gems and find out tomorrow that Gilded Crowns will be made available for everyone through free gameplay.
While I can't speak for KS stuff, I can speak for Y1 stuff. And as one who had to save up a boatload for her Y1 festival items, I would be FINE with those getting rereleased (say, through JoxBox). So please don't presume what other people may or may not feel. Perhaps those people who spent a boatload on KS items, as showcased in this thread would be fine with seeing them available. And those who are okay with it? Their feelings are every bit as valid as those who aren't okay with it. FR shouldn't cater to just those who aren't okay with this based on feelings alone. That being said, FR also shouldn't cater to those who are okay with this based on feelings alone. FR should make decisions based on what's best for the site overall.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="Ikunoche" date="2024-04-26 06:56:38" ] At this point we should also consider the feelings of people, who have saved for and bought Kickstarter items for 100-200k ($900-1800) gems per piece. Imagine if someone were to buy a Gilded Crown today for 200k gems and find out tomorrow that Gilded Crowns will be made available for everyone through free gameplay. [/quote] As someone that has spent up to 825kg for all four ks familiars and a Gilded Crown, I would be for a rerelease. As long as it's for a high price, so that it requires time and effort to save up the tokens for them, not exactly free. The more people complete their collection/goals the less KS items are in circulation. I've seen other users have the gems to afford these items but go for months without a seller. So rereleasing them wouldn't just be for new users' benefits.
Ikunoche wrote on 2024-04-26 06:56:38:
At this point we should also consider the feelings of people, who have saved for and bought Kickstarter items for 100-200k ($900-1800) gems per piece. Imagine if someone were to buy a Gilded Crown today for 200k gems and find out tomorrow that Gilded Crowns will be made available for everyone through free gameplay.

As someone that has spent up to 825kg for all four ks familiars and a Gilded Crown, I would be for a rerelease. As long as it's for a high price, so that it requires time and effort to save up the tokens for them, not exactly free.

The more people complete their collection/goals the less KS items are in circulation. I've seen other users have the gems to afford these items but go for months without a seller. So rereleasing them wouldn't just be for new users' benefits.
bantam-Fanger.png
NefariousKing #221629

FR+2 | Bestiary Completionist
small dragon banner by Caprexes
[quote name="Contaminate" date="2024-04-26 01:47:14" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2024-04-25 23:21:03" ] [quote name="Contaminate" date="2024-04-25 22:49:34" ] [quote name="SamuelMaybird" date="2024-04-25 18:02:11" ] People seem to forget that having older items brought back is a good thing. There's thousands of new players with a fraction of KS or even first year items remaining. This pool of items is finite and frustrating as heck to see a pixel fam be valued at over $1000 actual dollars. That's crazy! Like genuinely nuts, new players will never get to that level with everything else you'd want that's gems. [/quote] This again brings me to the same point as always. [b]It isn't a new-player goal.[/b] [/quote] What is a [i]new player[/i]? [/quote] Going by the quoted user, anyone starting the game now. Incoming players obviously should know better than to expect they'll have access to 10yr old items awarded for specific contributions 10yrs ago. There's no world in which it would be justified to expect that. [/quote] So people joining now should expect to never have access to these ten year old items, is what you're saying? But it is worth pointing out, this is a world in which it is reasonable to expect an unlimited resource be available. All "items" are objectively unlimited. It's a choice that they aren't.
Contaminate wrote on 2024-04-26 01:47:14:
Almedha wrote on 2024-04-25 23:21:03:
Contaminate wrote on 2024-04-25 22:49:34:
SamuelMaybird wrote on 2024-04-25 18:02:11:
People seem to forget that having older items brought back is a good thing. There's thousands of new players with a fraction of KS or even first year items remaining.

This pool of items is finite and frustrating as heck to see a pixel fam be valued at over $1000 actual dollars. That's crazy! Like genuinely nuts, new players will never get to that level with everything else you'd want that's gems.
This again brings me to the same point as always.

It isn't a new-player goal.
What is a new player?
Going by the quoted user, anyone starting the game now. Incoming players obviously should know better than to expect they'll have access to 10yr old items awarded for specific contributions 10yrs ago.

There's no world in which it would be justified to expect that.
So people joining now should expect to never have access to these ten year old items, is what you're saying?

But it is worth pointing out, this is a world in which it is reasonable to expect an unlimited resource be available. All "items" are objectively unlimited. It's a choice that they aren't.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
@SamuelMaybird It's been a bit since I read thread. I 1000% agree with your post. I also think the achievement shop could be very good to reintroduce these items. And even then; if people have such an issue with KS items coming back then the items in the achievement shop could be made account bound. This game is going over 10 years old with a growing user base. It's 100% okay to bring KS items back. There are KS shops where people can buy stuff if they missed the KS. The original run KS supports the community; and it's understandable that someone is going to stumble on a KS in the future and would like to purchase stuff.
@SamuelMaybird It's been a bit since I read thread. I 1000% agree with your post. I also think the achievement shop could be very good to reintroduce these items. And even then; if people have such an issue with KS items coming back then the items in the achievement shop could be made account bound. This game is going over 10 years old with a growing user base. It's 100% okay to bring KS items back. There are KS shops where people can buy stuff if they missed the KS. The original run KS supports the community; and it's understandable that someone is going to stumble on a KS in the future and would like to purchase stuff.
FeIiZnO.png
@Contaminate KS items are unobtainable right now for everyone. Kickstarter has shop fronts for successful campaigns for a reason. If people missed the deadline window, they can still go back and support the campaign by buying from the shop.
@Contaminate KS items are unobtainable right now for everyone. Kickstarter has shop fronts for successful campaigns for a reason. If people missed the deadline window, they can still go back and support the campaign by buying from the shop.
FeIiZnO.png
[b][/b][quote name="Contaminate" date="2024-04-25 22:49:34" ] [quote name="SamuelMaybird" date="2024-04-25 18:02:11" ] People seem to forget that having older items brought back is a good thing. There's thousands of new players with a fraction of KS or even first year items remaining. This pool of items is finite and frustrating as heck to see a pixel fam be valued at over $1000 actual dollars. That's crazy! Like genuinely nuts, new players will never get to that level with everything else you'd want that's gems. [/quote] This again brings me to the same point as always. [b]It isn't a new-player goal.[/b] Newbies [i]shouldn't[/i] expect to get the oldest items on site, much less participation and supporter rewards for a specific campaign that led to the site being created. If they do expect to have those made readily available, then sorry, but they're just entitled. To call back to an example from another thread, this is no different than complaining that you can't buy an old collector's Maserati when there are hundreds of other cars you [i]can[/i] buy that perform the same function. If not being able to get the participation awards from a campaign 10 years ago is a deal breaker for someone, well, that's their personal issue to work through. What it doesn't mean is that it's somehow 'unfair' that they can't get the rewards for something they didn't participate in because the ones who did, or the ones who bought from those that did, don't want to sell them anymore. [/quote] [b]Funny because it's not an old player goal anymore either[/b] How is wanting to continue to interact with the fun pet site entitled?! [b][u]I am NOT a new player and have no hope to get these items either[/u][/b] I just barely missed the last first year fest. There are so many users who have their given up on obtaining these items! I see 'complete bestiary' challenges with KS and first year items forgone because of the ridiculous amount of real money those items would cost. How is it acceptable for someone just getting into the game and seeing these items for these ABSURD real life currency prices. and your example is a car??? A real life item? This is a pixel game where these items can be added no problem. These items are now NFTs and everyone acting like it's entitled to want access to parts of the game they put time, effort and often real money into should be allowed to get these items! Kickstarter ten dollars is NOT more valuable than my current ten dollars. This animosity towards the players who 'weren't there at the time' is genuinely concerning. Why would want to stifle the game??? Why does one want to block off parts of the game permanently? Especially when there's overwhelming support from those who 'were there'!
People seem to forget that having older items brought back is a good thing. There's thousands of new players with a fraction of KS or even first year items remaining.

This pool of items is finite and frustrating as heck to see a pixel fam be valued at over $1000 actual dollars. That's crazy! Like genuinely nuts, new players will never get to that level with everything else you'd want that's gems.

Newbies shouldn't expect to get the oldest items on site, much less participation and supporter rewards for a specific campaign that led to the site being created. If they do expect to have those made readily available, then sorry, but they're just entitled.

To call back to an example from another thread, this is no different than complaining that you can't buy an old collector's Maserati when there are hundreds of other cars you can buy that perform the same function.

If not being able to get the participation awards from a campaign 10 years ago is a deal breaker for someone, well, that's their personal issue to work through. What it doesn't mean is that it's somehow 'unfair' that they can't get the rewards for something they didn't participate in because the ones who did, or the ones who bought from those that did, don't want to sell them anymore.

Funny because it's not an old player goal anymore either

How is wanting to continue to interact with the fun pet site entitled?! I am NOT a new player and have no hope to get these items either I just barely missed the last first year fest.

There are so many users who have their given up on obtaining these items! I see 'complete bestiary' challenges with KS and first year items forgone because of the ridiculous amount of real money those items would cost.

How is it acceptable for someone just getting into the game and seeing these items for these ABSURD real life currency prices. and your example is a car??? A real life item? This is a pixel game where these items can be added no problem.

These items are now NFTs and everyone acting like it's entitled to want access to parts of the game they put time, effort and often real money into should be allowed to get these items! Kickstarter ten dollars is NOT more valuable than my current ten dollars.

This animosity towards the players who 'weren't there at the time' is genuinely concerning. Why would want to stifle the game??? Why does one want to block off parts of the game permanently?

Especially when there's overwhelming support from those who 'were there'!
Z7cgb70.png
[quote name="Almedha" date="2024-04-26 07:39:21" ] [quote name="Contaminate" date="2024-04-26 01:47:14" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2024-04-25 23:21:03" ] [quote name="Contaminate" date="2024-04-25 22:49:34" ] [quote name="SamuelMaybird" date="2024-04-25 18:02:11" ] People seem to forget that having older items brought back is a good thing. There's thousands of new players with a fraction of KS or even first year items remaining. This pool of items is finite and frustrating as heck to see a pixel fam be valued at over $1000 actual dollars. That's crazy! Like genuinely nuts, new players will never get to that level with everything else you'd want that's gems. [/quote] This again brings me to the same point as always. [b]It isn't a new-player goal.[/b] [/quote] What is a [i]new player[/i]? [/quote] Going by the quoted user, anyone starting the game now. Incoming players obviously should know better than to expect they'll have access to 10yr old items awarded for specific contributions 10yrs ago. There's no world in which it would be justified to expect that. [/quote] So people joining now should expect to never have access to these ten year old items, is what you're saying? But it is worth pointing out, this is a world in which it is reasonable to expect an unlimited resource be available. All "items" are objectively unlimited. It's a choice that they aren't. [/quote] That isn’t even remotely what I said. To expect something means you believe it to be a given, that it is going to happen. There is a world of difference between what we see here, player expecting that they should have as much access to KS items as the original supporters did. Maybe it’s the customer service in me, but it’s not any different than someone complaining about missing a sale weeks ago and trying to get a price match. No harm in trying, or in being bummed about it, but when they get mad and call you names for saying no that was for people who were there, that you’re being unreasonable and rude for not giving them a perk they weren’t there for, then at that point that person is out of line and a jerk. I don’t have any KS items and probably won’t ever have them, and it affects 0% of gameplay. I can still 100% my bestiary without owning those familiars. I can still get a near identical vibe with apparel, which I’d be down for more pieces based on KS items like the hornhelms got, but I’m not ever going to support the staff rolling back on promises just to make a quick buck off people leaping at commemorative items that would then be just the same as any other.
Almedha wrote on 2024-04-26 07:39:21:

What is a new player?
Going by the quoted user, anyone starting the game now. Incoming players obviously should know better than to expect they'll have access to 10yr old items awarded for specific contributions 10yrs ago.

So people joining now should expect to never have access to these ten year old items, is what you're saying?

But it is worth pointing out, this is a world in which it is reasonable to expect an unlimited resource be available. All "items" are objectively unlimited. It's a choice that they aren't.

That isn’t even remotely what I said. To expect something means you believe it to be a given, that it is going to happen.

There is a world of difference between what we see here, player expecting that they should have as much access to KS items as the original supporters did.

Maybe it’s the customer service in me, but it’s not any different than someone complaining about missing a sale weeks ago and trying to get a price match. No harm in trying, or in being bummed about it, but when they get mad and call you names for saying no that was for people who were there, that you’re being unreasonable and rude for not giving them a perk they weren’t there for, then at that point that person is out of line and a jerk.

I don’t have any KS items and probably won’t ever have them, and it affects 0% of gameplay. I can still 100% my bestiary without owning those familiars. I can still get a near identical vibe with apparel, which I’d be down for more pieces based on KS items like the hornhelms got, but I’m not ever going to support the staff rolling back on promises just to make a quick buck off people leaping at commemorative items that would then be just the same as any other.
sBdLZtA.png
[quote name="Contaminate" date="2024-04-26 12:34:32" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2024-04-26 07:39:21" ] [quote name="Contaminate" date="2024-04-26 01:47:14" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2024-04-25 23:21:03" ] [quote name="Contaminate" date="2024-04-25 22:49:34" ] [quote name="SamuelMaybird" date="2024-04-25 18:02:11" ] People seem to forget that having older items brought back is a good thing. There's thousands of new players with a fraction of KS or even first year items remaining. This pool of items is finite and frustrating as heck to see a pixel fam be valued at over $1000 actual dollars. That's crazy! Like genuinely nuts, new players will never get to that level with everything else you'd want that's gems. [/quote] This again brings me to the same point as always. [b]It isn't a new-player goal.[/b] [/quote] What is a [i]new player[/i]? [/quote] Going by the quoted user, anyone starting the game now. Incoming players obviously should know better than to expect they'll have access to 10yr old items awarded for specific contributions 10yrs ago. There's no world in which it would be justified to expect that. [/quote] So people joining now should expect to never have access to these ten year old items, is what you're saying? But it is worth pointing out, this is a world in which it is reasonable to expect an unlimited resource be available. All "items" are objectively unlimited. It's a choice that they aren't. [/quote] That isn’t even remotely what I said. To expect something means you believe it to be a given, that it is going to happen. There is a world of difference between what we see here, player expecting that they should have as much access to KS items as the original supporters did. Maybe it’s the customer service in me, but it’s not any different than someone complaining about missing a sale weeks ago and trying to get a price match. No harm in trying, or in being bummed about it, but when they get mad and call you names for saying no that was for people who were there, that you’re being unreasonable and rude for not giving them a perk they weren’t there for, then at that point that person is out of line and a jerk. I don’t have any KS items and probably won’t ever have them, and it affects 0% of gameplay. I can still 100% my bestiary without owning those familiars. I can still get a near identical vibe with apparel, which I’d be down for more pieces based on KS items like the hornhelms got, but I’m not ever going to support the staff rolling back on promises just to make a quick buck off people leaping at commemorative items that would then be just the same as any other. [/quote] Okay, just checking, because I agree it's not a goal intended for new people to achieve immediately. Who is saying that it is? Not the user you quoted, that's for sure ("new players will never get to that level" - as in, they must arrive at some other level after being a new player... though I will admit that this particular person probably wouldn't reach "that level" not because it's impossible but because they seem to not care enough to prioritize. The people who will get these items will not spend on anything else). Because it's not an unfair thing to assume. I think most new players today (if not all) will never have access to these items. Customers are only always right in matters of taste. I certainly empathize with working in that area. And this is primarily why I have a different opinion about Fest items. Those should all be in the Crate, and any argument not to is by definition illogical. KS stuff... I don't care. They could release them, they could not. If they think it would be good for them to do it, though, then I hope they do - rather than bending to some group of players' sense of entitlement.
Contaminate wrote on 2024-04-26 12:34:32:
Almedha wrote on 2024-04-26 07:39:21:

What is a new player?

That isn’t even remotely what I said. To expect something means you believe it to be a given, that it is going to happen.

There is a world of difference between what we see here, player expecting that they should have as much access to KS items as the original supporters did.

Maybe it’s the customer service in me, but it’s not any different than someone complaining about missing a sale weeks ago and trying to get a price match. No harm in trying, or in being bummed about it, but when they get mad and call you names for saying no that was for people who were there, that you’re being unreasonable and rude for not giving them a perk they weren’t there for, then at that point that person is out of line and a jerk.

I don’t have any KS items and probably won’t ever have them, and it affects 0% of gameplay. I can still 100% my bestiary without owning those familiars. I can still get a near identical vibe with apparel, which I’d be down for more pieces based on KS items like the hornhelms got, but I’m not ever going to support the staff rolling back on promises just to make a quick buck off people leaping at commemorative items that would then be just the same as any other.
Okay, just checking, because I agree it's not a goal intended for new people to achieve immediately. Who is saying that it is? Not the user you quoted, that's for sure ("new players will never get to that level" - as in, they must arrive at some other level after being a new player... though I will admit that this particular person probably wouldn't reach "that level" not because it's impossible but because they seem to not care enough to prioritize. The people who will get these items will not spend on anything else).

Because it's not an unfair thing to assume. I think most new players today (if not all) will never have access to these items.

Customers are only always right in matters of taste. I certainly empathize with working in that area. And this is primarily why I have a different opinion about Fest items. Those should all be in the Crate, and any argument not to is by definition illogical. KS stuff... I don't care. They could release them, they could not. If they think it would be good for them to do it, though, then I hope they do - rather than bending to some group of players' sense of entitlement.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18