Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Add KS Items to the Achievement Shop
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18 19
@Apocalyptichorse Hope you don't mind the tag! Horned skulls exist as an apparel item. Check the "Champion's skull" and its recolour :) They're very cheap too. Obviously they don't look exactly like the hornhelm but it might help you with your outfits?

As for this conversation, I like making stuff accessible... Since most KS backers I've read about seem to not be that agaisnt this suggestion, I feel like I can support something like it. But the number of points would need to be VERY VERY HIGH. Any dupes would be fine too, tho.
@Apocalyptichorse Hope you don't mind the tag! Horned skulls exist as an apparel item. Check the "Champion's skull" and its recolour :) They're very cheap too. Obviously they don't look exactly like the hornhelm but it might help you with your outfits?

As for this conversation, I like making stuff accessible... Since most KS backers I've read about seem to not be that agaisnt this suggestion, I feel like I can support something like it. But the number of points would need to be VERY VERY HIGH. Any dupes would be fine too, tho.
Full disclosure, I'm not sure if I support this suggestion or not. I do think we need more hot ticket items in the AAA and I'd love for rare items to be more widely available to the ever-growing playerbase. But I also love the existence of rare items to collect. I think it's fun! I like the challenge! So I really don't know.

However, just for perspective, there are ~4095 achievement tokens (my math is famously bad, but this should be close-ish) up for grabs from the core achievements alone. There's an additional 215 (?) per month through pursuits, 2580 per year.

If a person had the maximum number of achievements possible as of today, only purchased the cheapest AAA item for that achievement, and had religiously done their pursuits this whole time, they'd have between 5616 and 5790 tokens to spend.

So imo, 1000-2000 tokens for KS items is not nearly enough if you still want these items to be any kind of rare- especially if there's no purchase limit either! Like, if you don't want KS goodies to be special, no problem. Put them up in the AAA for 50 tokens each, I'm not that fussed about it if that's the aim.

But if you're wanting to strike that balance of "I have a super cool thing" and "This thing can be acquired by anyone who has time/effort/luck" I am not sure this is the go. :T
Full disclosure, I'm not sure if I support this suggestion or not. I do think we need more hot ticket items in the AAA and I'd love for rare items to be more widely available to the ever-growing playerbase. But I also love the existence of rare items to collect. I think it's fun! I like the challenge! So I really don't know.

However, just for perspective, there are ~4095 achievement tokens (my math is famously bad, but this should be close-ish) up for grabs from the core achievements alone. There's an additional 215 (?) per month through pursuits, 2580 per year.

If a person had the maximum number of achievements possible as of today, only purchased the cheapest AAA item for that achievement, and had religiously done their pursuits this whole time, they'd have between 5616 and 5790 tokens to spend.

So imo, 1000-2000 tokens for KS items is not nearly enough if you still want these items to be any kind of rare- especially if there's no purchase limit either! Like, if you don't want KS goodies to be special, no problem. Put them up in the AAA for 50 tokens each, I'm not that fussed about it if that's the aim.

But if you're wanting to strike that balance of "I have a super cool thing" and "This thing can be acquired by anyone who has time/effort/luck" I am not sure this is the go. :T
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
[quote name="MissAri" date="2024-02-07 18:46:50" ] Full disclosure, I'm not sure if I support this suggestion or not. I do think we need more hot ticket items in the AAA and I'd love for rare items to be more widely available to the ever-growing playerbase. But I also love the existence of rare items to collect. I think it's fun! I like the challenge! So I really don't know. However, just for perspective, there are ~4095 achievement tokens (my math is famously bad, but this should be close-ish) up for grabs from the core achievements alone. There's an additional 215 (?) per month through pursuits, 2580 per year. If a person had the maximum number of achievements possible as of today, only purchased the cheapest AAA item for that achievement, and had religiously done their pursuits this whole time, they'd have between 5616 and 5790 tokens to spend. So imo, 1000-2000 tokens for KS items is not nearly enough if you still want these items to be any kind of rare- especially if there's no purchase limit either! Like, if you don't want KS goodies to be special, no problem. Put them up in the AAA for 50 tokens each, I'm not that fussed about it if that's the aim. But if you're wanting to strike that balance of "I have a super cool thing" and "This thing can be acquired by anyone who has time/effort/luck" I am not sure this is the go. :T [/quote] If things were 2000 tokens (and I'm not saying this is a high-enough number), then the max number of things they could buy. Is two. They'd be on the cusp of three. Is that not in the realm of "I have a super cool thing"? Not to mention that those ~4095 tockens are one-time only things. So you could get two of these big items at 2k tokens if you did every single one. Only the person who has done the achievements religiously since say one and (presumably) has those achievements that it's not even possible to have yet would have three of these items. Is that... too many? It... doesn't seem like this isn't in the "I have a super cool thing" territory to me.
MissAri wrote on 2024-02-07 18:46:50:

If things were 2000 tokens (and I'm not saying this is a high-enough number), then the max number of things they could buy. Is two. They'd be on the cusp of three. Is that not in the realm of "I have a super cool thing"? Not to mention that those ~4095 tockens are one-time only things. So you could get two of these big items at 2k tokens if you did every single one. Only the person who has done the achievements religiously since say one and (presumably) has those achievements that it's not even possible to have yet would have three of these items.

Is that... too many? It... doesn't seem like this isn't in the "I have a super cool thing" territory to me.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="@Almedha" date="2024-02-07 19:51:35" ] If things were 2000 tokens (and I'm not saying this is a high-enough number), then the max number of things they could buy. Is two. They'd be on the cusp of three. Is that not in the realm of "I have a super cool thing"? Not to mention that those ~4095 tockens are one-time only things. So you could get two of these big items at 2k tokens if you did every single one. Only the person who has done the achievements religiously since say one and (presumably) has those achievements that it's not even possible to have yet would have three of these items. Is that... too many? It... doesn't seem like this isn't in the "I have a super cool thing" territory to me. [/quote] It's not too many for one person to have but there's going to be hundreds upon hundreds of players buying these items and a lot of them are probably going to try and re-sell or otherwise make a profit. I'm just trying to think of how to balance things out. The more I think about it, I'd almost be inclined to have an achievement + KS version of the JoxBox. Like, maybe even include the OG chests in the pool? Probably easier to make a consumable vista item instead of dealing with the codes but it'd certainly be cool to win the lottery like that. [item=Cloudy Treasure Chest][item=cloudy wings][item=skycat][skin=836] [item=Fiendish Treasure Chest][item=cranial hornhelm][item=bone fiend][skin=837] [item=clockwork treasure chest][item=scroll case sling][item=cog frog][skin=783] [item=Gilded Treasure Chest][item=gilded crown][item=golden idol][skin=838] [item=breed change: imperial] A random KS item for like... I dunno, something crazy like 5000 tokens, one purchase per account? Thoughts?
@Almedha wrote on 2024-02-07 19:51:35:
If things were 2000 tokens (and I'm not saying this is a high-enough number), then the max number of things they could buy. Is two. They'd be on the cusp of three. Is that not in the realm of "I have a super cool thing"? Not to mention that those ~4095 tockens are one-time only things. So you could get two of these big items at 2k tokens if you did every single one. Only the person who has done the achievements religiously since say one and (presumably) has those achievements that it's not even possible to have yet would have three of these items.

Is that... too many? It... doesn't seem like this isn't in the "I have a super cool thing" territory to me.

It's not too many for one person to have but there's going to be hundreds upon hundreds of players buying these items and a lot of them are probably going to try and re-sell or otherwise make a profit. I'm just trying to think of how to balance things out.

The more I think about it, I'd almost be inclined to have an achievement + KS version of the JoxBox. Like, maybe even include the OG chests in the pool? Probably easier to make a consumable vista item instead of dealing with the codes but it'd certainly be cool to win the lottery like that.

Cloudy Treasure Chest Cloudy Wings Skycat
Fiendish Treasure Chest Cranial Hornhelm Bone Fiend
Clockwork Treasure Chest Scroll Case Sling Cog Frog
Gilded Treasure Chest Gilded Crown Golden Idol
Breed Change: Imperial

A random KS item for like... I dunno, something crazy like 5000 tokens, one purchase per account? Thoughts?
M i s s A r i #29593
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
[quote name="@MissAri" date="2024-02-07 20:47:47" ] [quote name="@/Almedha" date="2024-02-07 19:51:35" ] If things were 2000 tokens (and I'm not saying this is a high-enough number), then the max number of things they could buy. Is two. They'd be on the cusp of three. Is that not in the realm of "I have a super cool thing"? Not to mention that those ~4095 tockens are one-time only things. So you could get two of these big items at 2k tokens if you did every single one. Only the person who has done the achievements religiously since say one and (presumably) has those achievements that it's not even possible to have yet would have three of these items. Is that... too many? It... doesn't seem like this isn't in the "I have a super cool thing" territory to me. [/quote] It's not too many for one person to have but there's going to be hundreds upon hundreds of players buying these items and a lot of them are probably going to try and re-sell or otherwise make a profit. I'm just trying to think of how to balance things out. The more I think about it, I'd almost be inclined to have an achievement + KS version of the JoxBox. Like, maybe even include the OG chests in the pool? Probably easier to make a consumable vista item instead of dealing with the codes but it'd certainly be cool to win the lottery like that. [item=Cloudy Treasure Chest][item=cloudy wings][item=skycat][skin=836] [item=Fiendish Treasure Chest][item=cranial hornhelm][item=bone fiend][skin=837] [item=clockwork treasure chest][item=scroll case sling][item=cog frog][skin=783] [item=Gilded Treasure Chest][item=gilded crown][item=golden idol][skin=838] [item=breed change: imperial] A random KS item for like... I dunno, something crazy like 5000 tokens, one purchase per account? Thoughts? [/quote] As much as I hate gamble-boxes (especially those it seems would be impossible to guarantee something like "no duplicates") I guess I wouldn't be terribly opposed to that. I would hate it. But I wouldn't be opposed to it. I wouldn't throw my hands up and quit because of it, I guess. Not immediately. While I don't like the feeling of one purchase per account, Fi's Fams are like this, and that seems to work okay. Especially for familiars. So I actually do like that - but I can imagine that being incredibly frustrating for the apparel. But I think the ultimately nice thing about the tokens is that there is only a certain amount of them you can gain within a period of time, so there's more than one way for staff to adjust the flow if they choose. But at the end of the day, yes, we are going to have a lot of these hypothetical high-priced AAA shop items - but not nearly as much as every other kind of item that exists on the site. But I think it will take years. And at a 5k token price tag (which I'm not opposed to), that's two years' work after the initial handful of achievements a lot of people got. Because you and I can't really have an accurate idea of how long it takes to get these, I don't think. I'd like to see how the newer users achieve these things - because I had a ton of achievements to get just from having played years and years and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have nearly this many with the way I play on a regular basis if not for the retro-active nature of it.
@MissAri wrote on 2024-02-07 20:47:47:
@/Almedha wrote on 2024-02-07 19:51:35:

It's not too many for one person to have but there's going to be hundreds upon hundreds of players buying these items and a lot of them are probably going to try and re-sell or otherwise make a profit. I'm just trying to think of how to balance things out.

The more I think about it, I'd almost be inclined to have an achievement + KS version of the JoxBox. Like, maybe even include the OG chests in the pool? Probably easier to make a consumable vista item instead of dealing with the codes but it'd certainly be cool to win the lottery like that.

Cloudy Treasure Chest Cloudy Wings Skycat
Fiendish Treasure Chest Cranial Hornhelm Bone Fiend
Clockwork Treasure Chest Scroll Case Sling Cog Frog
Gilded Treasure Chest Gilded Crown Golden Idol
Breed Change: Imperial

A random KS item for like... I dunno, something crazy like 5000 tokens, one purchase per account? Thoughts?
As much as I hate gamble-boxes (especially those it seems would be impossible to guarantee something like "no duplicates") I guess I wouldn't be terribly opposed to that. I would hate it. But I wouldn't be opposed to it. I wouldn't throw my hands up and quit because of it, I guess. Not immediately.

While I don't like the feeling of one purchase per account, Fi's Fams are like this, and that seems to work okay. Especially for familiars. So I actually do like that - but I can imagine that being incredibly frustrating for the apparel.

But I think the ultimately nice thing about the tokens is that there is only a certain amount of them you can gain within a period of time, so there's more than one way for staff to adjust the flow if they choose.

But at the end of the day, yes, we are going to have a lot of these hypothetical high-priced AAA shop items - but not nearly as much as every other kind of item that exists on the site. But I think it will take years. And at a 5k token price tag (which I'm not opposed to), that's two years' work after the initial handful of achievements a lot of people got. Because you and I can't really have an accurate idea of how long it takes to get these, I don't think. I'd like to see how the newer users achieve these things - because I had a ton of achievements to get just from having played years and years and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have nearly this many with the way I play on a regular basis if not for the retro-active nature of it.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="MissAri" date="2024-02-07 20:47:47" ] (snip) A random KS item for like... I dunno, something crazy like 5000 tokens, one purchase per account? Thoughts? [/quote] I would be a bit disappointed if in my one-time pull I ended up getting the thing I wanted least [sub](assuming, just like Joxbox, skins are extras and I can't get [i]only[/i] a skin that no one would ever want to trade for. XD)[/sub], but I suppose that's still better than what I have currently, which is absolutely zero chance of ever owning [i]any[/i] KS item. So yeah, I wouldn't complain if it were implemented like that. The items would be actually circulating in the economy either way, so I'd be able to set a goal to buy whatever I didn't get from other players.
MissAri wrote on 2024-02-07 20:47:47:
(snip)

I would be a bit disappointed if in my one-time pull I ended up getting the thing I wanted least (assuming, just like Joxbox, skins are extras and I can't get only a skin that no one would ever want to trade for. XD), but I suppose that's still better than what I have currently, which is absolutely zero chance of ever owning any KS item.

So yeah, I wouldn't complain if it were implemented like that. The items would be actually circulating in the economy either way, so I'd be able to set a goal to buy whatever I didn't get from other players.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
[quote name="MissAri" date="2024-02-07 20:47:47" ] A random KS item for like... I dunno, something crazy like 5000 tokens, one purchase per account? Thoughts? [/quote] Snipped a lot to quote. I'm going to have to strongly disagree. One time purchase random chance leaves a bad taste. I would rather not do that. Especially throwing that much achievement points into a void for [i]another[/i] random chance. No thank you. Just put all the items up for buy. The market isn't going to be flooded with KS items when people are paying 5000 for each. If you're really worried about the market then make them account bound purchases. The market we have right now for KS items is unreasonable. Very unreasonable. 22,000 dollars for an imp scroll. A 30 dollar scroll for 22,000 dollars. 5000 achievement points is far more reasonable for an imp scroll than a down payment ON A CAR.

Snipped a lot to quote. I'm going to have to strongly disagree. One time purchase random chance leaves a bad taste. I would rather not do that. Especially throwing that much achievement points into a void for another random chance. No thank you.

Just put all the items up for buy. The market isn't going to be flooded with KS items when people are paying 5000 for each. If you're really worried about the market then make them account bound purchases.

The market we have right now for KS items is unreasonable. Very unreasonable. 22,000 dollars for an imp scroll. A 30 dollar scroll for 22,000 dollars.

5000 achievement points is far more reasonable for an imp scroll than a down payment ON A CAR.
FeIiZnO.png
[quote name="@Almedha" date="2024-02-07 21:21:46" ] As much as I hate gamble-boxes (especially those it seems would be impossible to guarantee something like "no duplicates") I guess I wouldn't be terribly opposed to that. I would hate it. But I wouldn't be opposed to it. I wouldn't throw my hands up and quit because of it, I guess. Not immediately. While I don't like the feeling of one purchase per account, Fi's Fams are like this, and that seems to work okay. Especially for familiars. So I actually do like that - but I can imagine that being incredibly frustrating for the apparel.[/quote] [quote name="@Zenzic" date="2024-02-08 06:20:07" ] I would be a bit disappointed if in my one-time pull I ended up getting the thing I wanted least [sub](assuming, just like Joxbox, skins are extras and I can't get [i]only[/i] a skin that no one would ever want to trade for. XD)[/sub], but I suppose that's still better than what I have currently, which is absolutely zero chance of ever owning [i]any[/i] KS item. So yeah, I wouldn't complain if it were implemented like that. The items would be actually circulating in the economy either way, so I'd be able to set a goal to buy whatever I didn't get from other players. [/quote] [quote name="@Anky" date="2024-02-08 09:52:22" ] I'm going to have to strongly disagree. One time purchase random chance leaves a bad taste. I would rather not do that. Especially throwing that much achievement points into a void for [i]another[/i] random chance. No thank you. Just put all the items up for buy. The market isn't going to be flooded with KS items when people are paying 5000 for each. If you're really worried about the market then make them account bound purchases. [/quote] As frustrating as one-per-account might be if you don't get what you want, my inclination for a single random pull would be to maintain a fairly even balance rather than like... 99% imp scrolls haha [emoji=coatl tongue size=1] And of course, for every person trying to get an item to use and keep, there's going to be a hundred who are in it to resell. Account-bound is a bad idea, imo, which will just cause resentment in the players who want multiple items and would be willing to save and work and trade for them if given a chance. [quote] But at the end of the day, yes, we are going to have a lot of these hypothetical high-priced AAA shop items - but not nearly as much as every other kind of item that exists on the site. But I think it will take years. And at a 5k token price tag (which I'm not opposed to), that's two years' work after the initial handful of achievements a lot of people got. Because you and I can't really have an accurate idea of how long it takes to get these, I don't think. I'd like to see how the newer users achieve these things - because I had a ton of achievements to get just from having played years and years and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have nearly this many with the way I play on a regular basis if not for the retro-active nature of it. [/quote] I think keeping it limited per account would also keep things balanced between old and new players. Being a veteran just means you got your AAA box sooner, not that you get more rolls of the dice. And it would prevent these rare items from being completely devalued. Again, that's only if the aim is to keep KS items at least somewhat rare/valuable, rather than going the path of eye vials. [quote]The market we have right now for KS items is unreasonable. Very unreasonable. 22,000 dollars for an imp scroll. A 30 dollar scroll for 22,000 dollars. 5000 achievement points is far more reasonable for an imp scroll than a down payment ON A CAR. [/quote] As an aside, it's never going to be fair to use the gem cost of items as a 1:1 with their cost in USD. There's a lot of ways to earn gems without spending any IRL money, and it's often a point of pride for people to have acquired KS and Y1 items without spending a cent. If you get involved in those circles, you find the players shelling out thousands of dollars for gem bundles are very much in the minority.
@Almedha wrote on 2024-02-07 21:21:46:
As much as I hate gamble-boxes (especially those it seems would be impossible to guarantee something like "no duplicates") I guess I wouldn't be terribly opposed to that. I would hate it. But I wouldn't be opposed to it. I wouldn't throw my hands up and quit because of it, I guess. Not immediately.

While I don't like the feeling of one purchase per account, Fi's Fams are like this, and that seems to work okay. Especially for familiars. So I actually do like that - but I can imagine that being incredibly frustrating for the apparel.
@Zenzic wrote on 2024-02-08 06:20:07:
I would be a bit disappointed if in my one-time pull I ended up getting the thing I wanted least (assuming, just like Joxbox, skins are extras and I can't get only a skin that no one would ever want to trade for. XD), but I suppose that's still better than what I have currently, which is absolutely zero chance of ever owning any KS item.

So yeah, I wouldn't complain if it were implemented like that. The items would be actually circulating in the economy either way, so I'd be able to set a goal to buy whatever I didn't get from other players.
@Anky wrote on 2024-02-08 09:52:22:
I'm going to have to strongly disagree. One time purchase random chance leaves a bad taste. I would rather not do that. Especially throwing that much achievement points into a void for another random chance. No thank you.

Just put all the items up for buy. The market isn't going to be flooded with KS items when people are paying 5000 for each. If you're really worried about the market then make them account bound purchases.

As frustrating as one-per-account might be if you don't get what you want, my inclination for a single random pull would be to maintain a fairly even balance rather than like... 99% imp scrolls haha And of course, for every person trying to get an item to use and keep, there's going to be a hundred who are in it to resell.

Account-bound is a bad idea, imo, which will just cause resentment in the players who want multiple items and would be willing to save and work and trade for them if given a chance.
Quote:
But at the end of the day, yes, we are going to have a lot of these hypothetical high-priced AAA shop items - but not nearly as much as every other kind of item that exists on the site. But I think it will take years. And at a 5k token price tag (which I'm not opposed to), that's two years' work after the initial handful of achievements a lot of people got. Because you and I can't really have an accurate idea of how long it takes to get these, I don't think. I'd like to see how the newer users achieve these things - because I had a ton of achievements to get just from having played years and years and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have nearly this many with the way I play on a regular basis if not for the retro-active nature of it.

I think keeping it limited per account would also keep things balanced between old and new players. Being a veteran just means you got your AAA box sooner, not that you get more rolls of the dice. And it would prevent these rare items from being completely devalued. Again, that's only if the aim is to keep KS items at least somewhat rare/valuable, rather than going the path of eye vials.
Quote:
The market we have right now for KS items is unreasonable. Very unreasonable. 22,000 dollars for an imp scroll. A 30 dollar scroll for 22,000 dollars.

5000 achievement points is far more reasonable for an imp scroll than a down payment ON A CAR.

As an aside, it's never going to be fair to use the gem cost of items as a 1:1 with their cost in USD. There's a lot of ways to earn gems without spending any IRL money, and it's often a point of pride for people to have acquired KS and Y1 items without spending a cent. If you get involved in those circles, you find the players shelling out thousands of dollars for gem bundles are very much in the minority.
M i s s A r i #29593
[quote name="@MissAri" date="2024-02-08 14:46:57" ] As frustrating as one-per-account might be if you don't get what you want, my inclination for a single random pull would be to maintain a fairly even balance rather than like... 99% imp scrolls haha [emoji=coatl tongue size=1] And of course, for every person trying to get an item to use and keep, there's going to be a hundred who are in it to resell. Account-bound is a bad idea, imo, which will just cause resentment in the players who want multiple items and would be willing to save and work and trade for them if given a chance. [/quote] It's not being fair though. I want to save up for all the KS items. I don't want a 1 random chance in the void. It's not balanced. Far from it. Let me work towards a goal that is reasonable. I don't want to sell the items. I want to complete my familiar collection and work on my dream dragons. Random loot boxes cause enough resentment already. I don't want anymore random loot boxes. Enough with the gambling. People won't be able to access it freely on the market to begin with. They have to work towards it with achievement points. Part of the achievement points is one off rewards. The other is daily, weekly, and monthly goals. Let. People. Have. Reasonable. Goals.
@MissAri wrote on 2024-02-08 14:46:57:
As frustrating as one-per-account might be if you don't get what you want, my inclination for a single random pull would be to maintain a fairly even balance rather than like... 99% imp scrolls haha And of course, for every person trying to get an item to use and keep, there's going to be a hundred who are in it to resell.

Account-bound is a bad idea, imo, which will just cause resentment in the players who want multiple items and would be willing to save and work and trade for them if given a chance.

It's not being fair though. I want to save up for all the KS items. I don't want a 1 random chance in the void. It's not balanced. Far from it. Let me work towards a goal that is reasonable. I don't want to sell the items. I want to complete my familiar collection and work on my dream dragons.

Random loot boxes cause enough resentment already. I don't want anymore random loot boxes. Enough with the gambling. People won't be able to access it freely on the market to begin with. They have to work towards it with achievement points. Part of the achievement points is one off rewards. The other is daily, weekly, and monthly goals.

Let. People. Have. Reasonable. Goals.

FeIiZnO.png
[quote name="MissAri" date="2024-02-07 20:47:47" ] (snip) A random KS item for like... I dunno, something crazy like 5000 tokens, one purchase per account? Thoughts? [/quote] 5,000 tokens is fine, maybe a bit much. 1 purchase per account though? Absolutely not. [b]NO.[/b] That is making things needlessly frustrating, especially for players who want to collect all of the KS items. That'll only encourage multi-accounting as well. I don't like a mechanic that makes someone rely on other players either. I want to be able to put the work in myself, and get all the items, not get a shot in the dark chance at some random item, and then have to save up and rely on another player selling what I do want. Hugely agree with Anky above me. Just let people have reasonable goals. There's no need to put in some arbitrary, massive restriction just to make the KS items only slightly more attainable to all players.
(snip)

5,000 tokens is fine, maybe a bit much. 1 purchase per account though? Absolutely not. NO. That is making things needlessly frustrating, especially for players who want to collect all of the KS items. That'll only encourage multi-accounting as well. I don't like a mechanic that makes someone rely on other players either. I want to be able to put the work in myself, and get all the items, not get a shot in the dark chance at some random item, and then have to save up and rely on another player selling what I do want.

Hugely agree with Anky above me. Just let people have reasonable goals. There's no need to put in some arbitrary, massive restriction just to make the KS items only slightly more attainable to all players.
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18 19